Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,321 members, 7,954,290 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 04:05 PM

Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano (16282 Views)

Heavy Explosions, Gunshots Rock Maiduguri / Explosions, Gunshots At Gwange Area In Maiduguri / Damuturu, Yobe Under Fire: Bomb Explosions & Gunshots (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by Csami(m): 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
stfadaanthony: Mak d good Lord continue 2strengthn d Nigeria military,as dy strave 2kep Nigeria one

Must u put tribe in everything? Don't people like u ever get tired of tribal war?
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by Yujin(m): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
Pukkah: Sadly, things have fallen apart for Nigeria.

Terrorism is taking a tap root and the incidences of kidnapping, armed robbery are not abating. The USA has designated Boko Haram as a terrorist group and armed robbers stormed a hospital the other day to ask for a day old baby.

Frauds continue to rock private and public establishments as the massive, unprecedented oil theft continues unchecked. The Police seem to have given up and EFCC is on vacation.

Nigeria stands tall when it comes to deaths from terrorism, malaria, typhoid, cholera, road accidents, maternal mortality and children out of school, street hawkers, street beggars, street mad men/women, etc.

There is no adequate supply of water to Nigerians and government appears helpless. Teaching hospitals don't have blood or ambulances and proper toilet facilities are uncommon across the country. No state/city across the country can boast of adequate drinking water while the environment is noisy, dusty and dirty. Access to sanitation is poor and access to electricity or good roads is very limited. The education system is lying prostrate. Nigeria has become a giant slum.

Unemployment rate is sky rocketing and Nigerian graduates do menial and degrading jobs both at home and in abroad. Nigerians have become laughing stock and endangered species in Europe, Americas, 'cancer' in India and even hated in Africa - Ghana, Benin, South Africa. UK is even contemplating funding a prison in Nigeria because of the high number of inmates in British prisons.

Life expectancy remains very low and many people have heaped many aspirations which are the basic responsibilities of a good government on God, hence the hike in the number of religious centres.

Yeah, things have fallen apart and I think the word 'Nigeria' has become a joke. Nigerians themselves have become very divided and hopelessly disunited, except during fleeting and short moments of football.

A very dangerous dimension is when people shield corrupt citizens and suspects of fraud just because of mother tongue. embarassed This is a loud affirmation by the people that Nigeria has failed and they have lost confidence in the system/contraption.

Nigeria as an experiment has failed but the people should be given another chance under different platforms. Governments at all levels and at all times have failed! The Nigeria idea has not worked.

This is the time to seriously consider the break-up of the country...may be, just may be the people of the new nations would be serious about nation-building.
Your epistle is the truth and nothing but the truth... I'm highly moved. However, they will never agree to your suggestion unless there is a great spill of blood. Sadly, one Nigeria has become a laughing stock of other nations the world over.
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by Lifemax: 3:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
Yujin:
Your epistle is the truth and nothing but the truth... I'm highly moved. However, they will never agree to your suggestion unless there is a great spill of blood. Sadly, one Nigeria has become a laughing stock of other nations the world over.
ur right.the country is to large 2 be 1 country base on the mentality of our leader,they hv tried and fail,i wish they should divid dis country.nigeria is a mockery 2 other african nation..imagine nigerian in the poor countries like equitoria gunea.nawaoo
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by AroOkigbo(m): 3:17pm On Nov 19, 2013
_ _ _ MEANS PEACE
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by sgsltd(m): 3:18pm On Nov 19, 2013
This is getting too much ,I hope bomb factory in abroad are not trying to sell their market here even on credit
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by lumeneng22: 3:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
Centre of criminality
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2013
Nigeria is heading to doom, if we dont fight terrorism by diplomacy, then this senseless violence might spread someday i wish not though.
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
This is a confirmation that the real BH is in Aso Rock. In an attempt to clamp down on the G7, Sule Lamido' sons were arrested. Now, kano is attacked. Series of attacks will follow and state of emergency will be declare. Does going to any lenght include killing the citizens you swore to protect?
I can see a man fighting a lost battle
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by Sirsijo(m): 4:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
busterr: on November 19, 2013 / in News 11:12 am / Comments

Kano-Multiple explosions and sporadic gunshots rocked Gayawa village, Ungogo Local Government area of Kano state, Tuesday morning.

An Eyewitnesses told Vanguard that, “The early morning military raid lasted for one and half hours and there are fears of heavy casualties among the suspected insurgents”.

Vanguard learnt that, Tuesday’s operation was on the heels of a raid where two soldiers and two suspected terrorists were killed in the city.

Efforts to speak with the JTF commanders for confirmation proved abortive.
Details later.
- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/multiple-explosions-gun-battle-rock-kano/#sthash.HZIYTBXA.ejeQ20g8.dpuf

when will all these stop

Why re you guys lying I am in kano and nothing is happening. Fucking twats. Smh.
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
Pukkah: Sadly, things have fallen apart for Nigeria.

Terrorism is taking a tap root and the incidences of kidnapping, armed robbery are not abating. The USA has designated Boko Haram as a terrorist group and armed robbers stormed a hospital the other day to ask for a day old baby.

Frauds continue to rock private and public establishments as the massive, unprecedented oil theft continues unchecked. The Police seem to have given up and EFCC is on vacation.

Nigeria stands tall when it comes to deaths from terrorism, malaria, typhoid, cholera, road accidents, maternal mortality and children out of school, street hawkers, street beggars, street mad men/women, etc.

There is no adequate supply of water to Nigerians and government appears helpless. Teaching hospitals don't have blood or ambulances and proper toilet facilities are uncommon across the country. No state/city across the country can boast of adequate drinking water while the environment is noisy, dusty and dirty. Access to sanitation is poor and access to electricity or good roads is very limited. The education system is lying prostrate. Nigeria has become a giant slum.

Unemployment rate is sky rocketing and Nigerian graduates do menial and degrading jobs both at home and in abroad. Nigerians have become laughing stock and endangered species in Europe, Americas, 'cancer' in India and even hated in Africa - Ghana, Benin, South Africa. UK is even contemplating funding a prison in Nigeria because of the high number of inmates in British prisons.

Life expectancy remains very low and many people have heaped many aspirations which are the basic responsibilities of a good government on God, hence the hike in the number of religious centres.

Yeah, things have fallen apart and I think the word 'Nigeria' has become a joke. Nigerians themselves have become very divided and hopelessly disunited, except during fleeting and short moments of football.

A very dangerous dimension is when people shield corrupt citizens and suspects of fraud just because of mother tongue. embarassed This is a loud affirmation by the people that Nigeria has failed and they have lost confidence in the system/contraption.

Nigeria as an experiment has failed but the people should be given another chance under different platforms. Governments at all levels and at all times have failed! The Nigeria idea has not worked.

This is the time to seriously consider the break-up of the country...may be, just may be the people of the new nations would be serious about nation-building.
The picture you painted is true but I dont think break up will be the solution. The problem may even get worse after breakup. We need a Leadership and Cultural revolution in Nigeria. Leadership first. Strong, Selfless and visionary leaders that will bring about a cultural change that Nigeria needs.
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by busterr(m): 5:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
Here's my topic making the front page for the first time ever incase you're wondering, i've been a member for barely 3 months so i marked out for this, thank you the mods and everyone who contributed to this, either by comment or criticism, i appreciate, it gives me sense of belonging, thank you!

P.s this is the last time i'll have such orgasm whenever my topic makes the front page again.
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by paschalndidi(m): 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
How can we live together in a country where some group of people drive pleasure in killing innocent people? No religion preaches violence
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by ignis: 6:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
Otono2: I Am in kano precisely bombai area. I heard the bomb xplosions this morning. It was really scary u know.
Thats a big lie...
I beg to disagree sir.
How could you have heard sound of bomb explosion @ Ungogo LGA at Bompai... Reason the kilometers apart now.
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by AMvanquish: 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
begwong: pissure attched!

Why u dey lie now bros! they said bomb went off in Gayawa village and you went and got a pic of some city. As far as im concerned, this picture of urs is not Kano. Mu.Mu
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by AMvanquish: 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2013

Infact the picture is of the Firecracker warehouse fire in Lagos, last december 2012. Pissure attached indeed. Mu.mu x2

SEE LINK:
http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/news/regions/africa/nigeria/121226/nigeria-fireworks-warehouse-explosion-fire-kills-1-video
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by Pukkah: 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
EBK2:
The picture you painted is true but I dont think break up will be the solution. The problem may even get worse after breakup. We need a Leadership and Cultural revolution in Nigeria. Leadership first. Strong, Selfless and visionary leaders that will bring about a cultural change that Nigeria needs.

But how are we going to get selfless, strong and visionary leaders?

The selfish and greedy politicians have hijacked totally hijacked the electoral system. Votes never count nor are counted. Most of the Good, capable and competent men and women have given politics a wide berth.

A good sign that people have given up is the percentage of registered voters compared to the number of adults.

Also compare the number of actual voters at elections to the number of registered voters. The figures are dismal and worrisome.

Nigerians have lost interest in Nigeria. However, Nigerians still do have some level of passion for their regions.

For now, I think there is no practical way to install credible leaders.
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
this VILLAGE must be SPECIAL, a village in northern nigeria with a storey building like this?
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by fxx2: 9:22pm On Nov 19, 2013

from where come this picture?
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by Eigegejames(m): 9:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
Time to know who is who the true people of God, can God destroy his worshipers with bomb?
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by tolsmile(m): 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
in 21st century nobody wants war again expect living 21st century with mentality of14th century
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by MeAboki(m): 12:04am On Nov 20, 2013
AMvanquish:

Why u dey lie now bros! they said bomb went off in Gayawa village and you went and got a pic of some city. As far as im concerned, this picture of urs is not Kano. Mu.Mu

Thank you for exposing this liar, obviously the bigotry and hatred in some has no bounds, may God save our youths from the clutches of our wicked politicians as many of them have been brainwashed and reduced to mere robots, pre-programmed to spread divisive rumors and misinformation at the behest of their remote controllers.
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 20, 2013
Pukkah:

But how are we going to get selfless, strong and visionary leaders?

The selfish and greedy politicians have hijacked totally hijacked the electoral system. Votes never count nor are counted. Most of the Good, capable and competent men and women have given politics a wide berth.

A good sign that people have given up is the percentage of registered voters compared to the number of adults.

Also compare the number of actual voters at elections to the number of registered voters. The figures are dismal and worrisome.

Nigerians have lost interest in Nigeria. However, Nigerians still do have some level of passion for their regions.

For now, I think there is no practical way to install credible leaders.

The best way to start is to get personally involved in the political process where you are, make your voice heard aloud speaking for the right things you believe in and against the wrong ones you loathe.
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by Pukkah: 2:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
EBK2:

The best way to start is to get personally involved in the political process where you are, make your voice heard aloud speaking for the right things you believe in and against the wrong ones you loathe.

Gani Fawehinmi started going to detention for the masses in 1969. He was a loud critic of the government and a strong figure on the side of the masses.

He would later be criticized for staying aloof from politics and real governance. He floated a political party and later contested. You would expect that such a person would win with a landslide.

Alas, the same people he had fought for for many years voted for their oppressors and the elite. Many of the people surprisingly dismissed Gani with a wave of the hand; they claimed they didn't vote for him because he would not win anyway. Others said that he should limit himself to activism.

Such is the type of system that is in our country.
Re: Multiple Explosions & Gunshots In Kano by Nobody: 6:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
Pukkah:

Gani Fawehinmi started going to detention for the masses in 1969. He was a loud critic of the government and a strong figure on the side of the masses.

He would later be criticized for staying aloof from politics and real governance. He floated a political party and later contested. You would expect that such a person would win with a landslide.

Alas, the same people he had fought for for many years voted for their oppressors and the elite. Many of the people surprisingly dismissed Gani with a wave of the hand; they claimed they didn't vote for him because he would not win anyway. Others said that he should limit himself to activism.

Such is the type of system that is in our country.

Dont use Gani as a model. He was a change agent that crticised and wanted to bring change from outside. I am not a fan of that style and others may not agree with me, rightly or wrongly. Dont be a critic or an activist. Get in there and do something different from the status quo. So many people are criticising from the sideline and so many are doing so little. Start now that you are young.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Appeal Court President Disbands Ogun Tribunal / Buhari’s N20b Budget For President’s Medical Unit Exceeds 14 Teaching Hospitals / We Established SUMAS To Discourage Brain Drain In Nigeria - Ugwuanyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.