Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,566 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent (34876 Views)

Emmanuel Amuneke Is Flying Eagles Coach / I Need A Good Football Agent / Football Agent Looking For Young Nigerians For Trials With Clubs In Singapore. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by IlmoDrMichael: 2:16am On Nov 20, 2013
i think the team is like a family. Amunike only wants the best and wont take any money
Promhize: Amuneke is shameless, the Agent should press charges and lock his a$$ up.

NFF gat to do something about this, is it by force? Iheanacho should not succumb to the threats. Greedy idi/ots.
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by isalegan2: 3:08am On Nov 20, 2013
Ilmo Dr Michael: I don't think so. These players deserve the best and they know that part of this is thanks to their coaches not thank to the Football Agents. I don't believe this agent, maybe he provocate and he didn't show respect. Amunike can't take any naira. Do you imagine that Del Bosque take the money of Iniesta, please.....you don't know how the things works

Aare Musiwa, is that you? cheesy
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by Nobody: 3:17am On Nov 20, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: vain pride is what is killing this country. We think we are everything when we are nothing. And i can only regret that Nigeria has citizens like you.

It is YOU that is nothing. Leave the rest of us out of your inferiority complex, assshole.

1 Like

Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by BinghiNya(m): 4:56am On Nov 20, 2013
philfearon:
Egbe eluigwe gbagbukwa gi! Akpa amu! Call Igbo people name again and ur next ride will be in an Ambulance!!
shut up idiot, you people can brag, the next thing is you dress like a woman and run to cote d'ivoire
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by emiye(m): 6:17am On Nov 20, 2013
Ilmo Dr Michael: Do you believe all this from a white american agent? you don't know anything about football. They have just won a world cup....are you not happy for that? Kelechi will go wherever he wants, he deserves that. Amunike won't take a naira for his transfer but the agent....who knows.
I chose to believe the agent, who also mentioned the names of amuneke preferred choice.
amuneke has acceded to the fact that he assaulted the agent, to me that says a lot about him.

I wont be surprised if the reason for the assault is because of failure to agree on a percentage cut for amuneke.
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by dominique(f): 7:40am On Nov 20, 2013
I'm assuming the bolded below is a typo cos I can't seem to figure out how Keshi (who was in London at the time) fit into the equation.

After all's been said, what the coaches and the NFF officials should be after is the success of these young lads in their career. It would be such a shame if their talents go to waste due to the greed of the ogas at the top.

Galliano, an American, said Keshi ordered
Ihenacho to follow him to Abuja and also
threatened him; which made the boy to burst into
tears and went away.

Slightly offtopic, the same handsome Amuneke of back in the day don worwor like this. Aging na basdart walahi tongue embarassed

1 Like

Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by awayeyebundle: 7:47am On Nov 20, 2013
Amuneke should try to make the small boy know his mind and told hIm d true instead of acting d way he deed,if u help him,then u want to ruin his career is dat way to paid him back.nah wah for u amuneke,big agbaya old fool,greedy fellow
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by OlaNurudeen: 7:54am On Nov 20, 2013
Amuneke, does not worth of being a coach. he is a disgrace to our nation.
he must be questioned.
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by Nobody: 8:25am On Nov 20, 2013
Amuneke is just one old dirty bastard
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by Fernandinho: 8:32am On Nov 20, 2013
Amuneke is a disgrace!!!
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by efedavies: 8:51am On Nov 20, 2013
oyibo wan reap where him no sow!u guys are just laying curses on amunike wetin make una feel say dat man get better plan for the boy.rubbish tread!slap d oyibo man wel!
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by squaddy(m): 8:56am On Nov 20, 2013
joeey6: I bet he beat up dat guy cos he's not gon' get any money 4rm d deal

Certainly true and Amuneke should be ashamed of himself

joeey6: Ibo men and Money....oluwa is invovld

You are an Asshole...can't you just condemn amuneke's reprehensible actions without making tribalistic remarks about a race your lineage can never measure up to in achievement,determination and heart?..dumb south westerner
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by abedoyin: 8:57am On Nov 20, 2013
I hope they will not let their self-interest jeopardize his career....
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by squaddy(m): 9:11am On Nov 20, 2013
BinghiNya: shut up idiot, you people can brag, the next thing is you dress like a woman and run to cote d'ivoire

The man you just dissed achieved more feat as a teenage boy than all the shepe intoxicated men in your lineage will in their entire miserable life
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by isalegan2: 10:26am On Nov 20, 2013
awayeye_bundle: Amuneke should try to make the small boy know his mind and told hIm d true instead of acting d way he deed,if u help him,then u want to ruin his career is dat way to paid him back.nah wah for u amuneke,big agbaya old fool,greedy fellow

OMG! More Musiwa's Batu. . . cheesy Page 5-6, the best. cheesy smiley
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by naptu2: 10:29am On Nov 20, 2013
isale_gan2:

OMG! More Bantu. . . cheesy Page 5-6, the best. cheesy smiley

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by medjai(m): 11:14am On Nov 20, 2013
Really disappointed in Amuneke. This is why we have very few players playing in top clubs in Europe - greedy agents and bad advice.

Amuneke wants to force an agent on him that will take him to Brondy or FC Midjtyland - their favourite clubs(loads of Nigerians playing there) - or Almeria in Spain.

Just a few months ago, Man City signed 5 players from the Abedi Pele owned Right to Dream Academy in Ghana. People like Amuneke will not let that happen here in Nigeria
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by Ilox: 11:51am On Nov 20, 2013
see pretender. Pretending to b of help bt na d poor boy's bright future his eying.
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by bank2k4real(m): 12:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
Amunike...why nah...

Btw check my signature...for the latest promo on NL
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by Venchy: 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
ROSSIKE: Thank you very much. What is an American even doing being a soccer agent in Africa? It reeks of one thing alone: Exploitation. They can smell desperation from a million miles away. He is simply here to exploit those he considers "dumb Africans" to fill his pockets. Thankfully, Amunike has put him in his place.

Ummm, for your information scout and agent have worldwide network , so therefore he can go anywhere to get a player as long as there's a demand for such position.

Secondly, Amunike is a coward and not a professional by slapping or beating the American agent, very very backward behaviour.

Amunike has done well for the nation but you all will cry for him if the American agent takes the matter up as a racist and harassment.

He's well expose and he should know better, not taken matters into his hand, remember his job is regulated by international body and any pressure from FIFA in regards to this matter will tarnish his image and cut his career short.

Typical Nigerian Big Men, very very arrogant.

Such act can only happen in a lawless country like Nigeria.
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by krixik(m): 2:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
The intention might be good but the approach was archaic. Remeber most of these young guys usually sell themselves into slavery once they see a white man, dollar or pound sign thinking that every white man is sincere and every dollar worths more than gold.
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by Mekyno(m): 3:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
I feel him/dem....i no wat dee r doing or trying to prevent.....dee don won slave contract or wat mikel faced to bfall him bt dee r taking it soooo far...use tact, legal n naija method....let dem all com togeda n reach a reasonal conclusion.....gudluck kelechi iheanacho....ur blessed
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by femi9naija(m): 4:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
I don't usually believe this sort of story by the press, but if this is true, then Amunike is greedy. can't he be contented with just taking the glory for discovering the young talent? the guy's career is paramount not your pocket. all these igbo coaches with money and favoritism sha!

1 Like

Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by shariffalabim89: 6:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
If I remember correctly, this is the same issue that caused the beef between keshi and adebayor
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by naijanoni(m): 7:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
awayeye_bundle: Amuneke should try to make the small boy know his mind and told hIm d true instead of acting d way he deed,if u help him,then u want to ruin his career is dat way to paid him back.nah wah for u amuneke,big agbaya old fool,greedy fellow
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!.Ah Ahh ?
What Happin ?.
Your gbagauns don give me malaria oh.Dont kill us here.Please im begging on my knees.
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by isalegan2: 11:15pm On Nov 20, 2013
Amuneke denies assault claims
TEAMtalk Media
6 hours ago
Football411.com

Golden Eaglets coach Emmanuel Amuneke has rubbished claims that he attacked star midfielder Kelechi Iheanacho's agent Henry Galliano.

The youngster was one of the stand out performers as the Nigerians emerged victorious at the recent FIFA Under-17 World Cup, scoring six goals and providing six assists, and his future has become the subject of much debate following his superb displays in the United Arab Emirates.

The 17-year-old is represented by American agent Galliano and he and Amuneke reportedly came to blows this week, although the 42-year-old flatly denies assaulting Iheanacho's representative.

"I neither assaulted nor slapped Galliano. We had a heated argument over the future of Iheanacho and that was it. He (Galliano) was insulting my nation, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and our philosophies in Nigeria and I told him that," the former Super Eagles star asserted.

Amuneke did admit that a heated exchange took place and feels that Galliano is not the right man to nurture the prodigious young talent, but he also stated that it is not his decision who Iheanacho chooses as his agent.

"I have no business with whoever Kelechi (Iheanacho) picks as his agent. It's not my job. I am a coach," he continued.

"Galliano was insulting me so I went up to him, pushed him away and told him to stop harassing me.

"He was shouting that he will give me money. He is a corrupt man and I did not want to have anything to do with him.

"If he (Kelechi) wants my advice on how to shape his career, I will be here as a father to help him but that is where it ends."

http://news.yahoo.com/amuneke-denies-assault-claims-153224034--sow.html
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by isalegan2: 11:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
Iheanacho can be in the same class as Messi –Chukwu

NOVEMBER 16, 2013 BY FESTUS ABU 14 COMMENTS

Kelechi Iheanacho

He felt a million things at the same time, including love for his teammates, family and country.

Kelechi Iheanacho was on a high after helping Nigeria beat defending champions Mexico 3-0 at the Mohammad Bin Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, to win the 2013 FIFA Under-17 World Cup on November 8. He capped off an amazing run in the three-week tournament with a goal in the final to take his tally to six goals and seven assists to emerge as the Golden Ball winner (Most Valuable Player of the competition).

Iheanacho becomes the second Nigerian to win the MVP award at the Under-17 World Cup after Philip Osondu, who won the award at the 1987 edition in Canada.

Like Iheanacho, Osondu was not the highest goal scorer at Canada ’87 but he was voted the best player of the championship.

Iheanacho, who started getting special media attention when he scored four goals in his first match (6-1 defeat of Mexico), has made more headlines since the competition ended.

The agent of the 17-year-old Taye Academy player confirmed during the week that Premier League giants Arsenal are interested in taking Iheanacho to the Emirates Stadium in London.

“I can confirm that Arsenal’s (Chief Scout) Steve Rowley, acknowledged Kelechi Iheanacho’s talents early in the World Cup and has said some very nice words about him,” Henry Galeano was quoted by the IBTimes as saying.

“We’re ecstatic to have another major club like Arsenal following him. That said, the attention is well deserved. Iheanacho’s performance at the World Cup was indeed remarkable.”

The young striker is said to have also attracted interests from Manchester United and Chelsea but former Super Eagles coach Christian Chukwu says the teenage sensation must be guided to reach his potential.

“Iheanacho is a technically gifted player, “ Chukwu told our correspondent on the telephone during the week.

“He is a great player, with proven quality. He showed that at the World Cup.

“Iheanacho can develop to be in the same class as (Lionel) Messi if properly managed. Messi is the best player in the world.

“Messi is a world-class player today because he was properly managed.

“He joined Barcelona at a tender age and the club made him a star. They didn’t rush him but allowed him develop gradually before playing him in the first team.

“Neymar is a big player today because he was also managed very well by his country (Brazil). After playing at Nigeria 2009 (FIFA Under-17 World Cup), he was allowed to grow in the Brazilian league for four years (with Santos) before he joined Barcelona in the summer.

“Iheanacho can be in the same class as Messi and Neymar if managed like them.

“He showed his quality in UAE. He’s not a selfish player. And he contributed to most of our goals.

“Iheanacho did everything at the right time at the tournament. He’s really gifted.

“I’m very happy that he’s being linked with top European clubs. There are reports in the media that Arsenal and Chelsea want to sign him.

“If the reports are true, I think he should seize the opportunity. But he needs proper guidance and the right manager.

“Iheanacho needs a club with the right manager to make it to the top. If he goes into the wrong hand and the wrong club, it may affect his future.”

Chukwu says Iheanacho must not get carried away with his achievements at the World Cup, maintaining that the youngster still has a lot to learn.

“Iheanacho has a bright future ahead of him in the game,” the Nigeria ’80 Africa Cup of Nations winner said.

“But he needs discipline in everything he does.

“He needs discipline to manage success. He must be disciplined when it comes to money and other things.

“Messi has won the World Player of the Year four times because of personal discipline. He has not allowed his money or fame to control him.

“He’s focused and respects his coaches and teammates. He gives his best performance in every game. Iheanacho should emulate him.”

Chukwu, who assisted Sebastine Brodricks-Imasuen to win the maiden edition of the Under-17 World Cup in China in 1985, feels Iheanacho is not mature enough for the Super Eagles.

There have been calls for Stephen Keshi to give the player the opportunity to fight for his place in the senior national team.

Jonathan Akpoborie, who won the China ’85 finals, believes Iheanacho can follow in the footsteps of Germany’s Mario Gotze and Brazil’s Neymar, who broke into their senior national teams after distinguishing themselves at the 2009 FIFA Under-17 World Cup in Nigeria.

“Yes, he should be given a chance to play in the Super Eagles – to prove himself. He has showed that he is a quality striker and when a player is ripe enough he should be moved up,” the former VfB Stuttgart and Wolfsburg striker told our correspondent on the telephone.

“It’s not about promoting him to the senior national team. The kind of football Iheanacho plays is good. He’s a modern striker and we shouldn’t deny him a chance to move up because he’s young.

“If he is unable to cope at the senior level, we can ask him to go to the Flying Eagles.

“Apart from him, there are other players in the Eaglets that should be given a chance to play in the Eagles.”

However, Chukwu suggested the player should be promoted to the Under-20 team to continue his development.

“If Iheanacho is needed by Keshi in the senior national team, he should go in immediately,” the ex-Kenya coach said.

“But for me, Iheanacho should go to the Flying Eagles.

“It’s true that Neymar and Gotze broke into their senior national teams after playing in Nigeria. But our players don’t have the opportunity they have to develop themselves.

“They (Neymar and Gotze) were regarded as big players after representing their countries at the Under-17 World Cup because they broke into the clubs’ first teams.

“Borussia Dortmund (Gotze’s club then) are a big club just like Santos (Neymar’s former club).

“Unfortunately we don’t regard our clubs as big clubs because of the standard of our league.

“If Iheanacho breaks into the first team at Enyimba, Rangers, Kano Pillars and Bayelsa United, that will not be regarded as an achievement because of the situation here.

“If he does that at Arsenal or Dortmund, it’s a big deal.”

Chukwu heaped praise on coach Manu Garba and his assistants – Nduka Ugbade and Emmanuel Amuneke – for guiding the Golden Eaglets to their fourth World Cup title in the UAE.

Nigeria were champions in 1985, 1993 and 2007 before they landed in the UAE for the 15th edition of the cadet tournament.

“Manu, Ugbade and Amuneke deserve credit for getting us a good team for the World Cup,” the ex-Nigeria captain said.

“Without them getting us a good team we won’t be talking about Iheanacho today.

“The players they selected for the competition merited their places in the squad. They are players who enjoy playing the game.

“They are not players who forced themselves to play football but decided to become footballers because they love the game.

“If they are well managed, some of them will play for the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, Barcelona, Real Madid and Manchester United in the future.

“But they must be disciplined and should not be in a hurry to go to Europe. They should gain experience in the domestic league before travelling to Europe for professional football.

“They must ask questions and seek counseling before engaging agents to negotiate contracts on their behalf.

“I’m against our quality players moving to places like Qatar, Vietnam, Romania and India for professional football.

“The players we featured at the World Cup in the UAE are good enough to play for top clubs in England, Spain, Germany and Italy.”

Copyright PUNCH.

http://www.punchng.com/sports/iheanacho-can-be-in-the-same-class-as-messi-chukwu/
Re: Amuneke Beat-up Iheanachos' American Football Agent by isalegan2: 11:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
The other story spelt the agent's name wrong. Here's his website. Hmmm. undecided undecided undecided

http://henrygaleano.com/page1.php

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Samuel Eto Supports Nigeria Against Terrorism, See What He Did / Ryan Hycinth Invited By Rafa Benitez To Join Newcastle Youth Team / Odion Ighalo Apologises: 'I Take Responsibility For Super Eagles' Loss''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.