Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,783 members, 7,851,653 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:35 AM

God Told Me To Tell You This Or That - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Told Me To Tell You This Or That (11570 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2013
shdemidemi:

How did you come to conclude that andronicus and junias were Gentile converts?

Did Paul call them apostles or did he say they were esteemed by the Apostles?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
ajayikayod:

Broooooooos, Ahhhhhhh!

Are ds signs for b4 or after we recieve d gospel?
He said ds sign will follow those dt believ (all dt believ) and u said its d Apostles. Whr ar u seeing all ds, ar we using diff bible?

How can d destination b d goodnews whn he said d signs start in a man whn he believes.

Bro, Christ didnt mention d Apostles, he mentioned believers. Ar u one? If u r then its for u.

Act 6:8 And Stephen full of faith and power, did great wonders & miracles among d people. If Stephen can , I can.

The second bolded is not absolutely not tru.

U r just making claims outside d scripture, putting words into it. Why not take it d way its written and let d Spirit interprete.

Are you sure you can do miracles?

If you can, I am sure like me you won't be too happy with those people with issues in hospitals. Pls go there and heal all if you sincerely have the power to do so at your own time.

The bedrock and fundamental of the gospel that saves Gentiles and by extension the world today happened after the death and resurrection of Christ.

What they had to believe at the time when Jesus said these things was 'Jesus is the son of God'.

The relationship between God and Israel had always been backed by signs. God won't send any prophet without the power to perform wonders. That was the only way these nation of Israel believe you are from God. But our relationship as the church with God is different, our relationship is built on trust in the Word.

1 Corinthians 1:22
King James Version (KJV)
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 12:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
shdemidemi:
Let's take this one at a time

1 cor 13:10
But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless.

English Standard Version
but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

New American Standard Bible
but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.

King James Bible
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But when the perfect comes, the partial will come to an end.

International Standard Version
But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will be done away with.

NET Bible
but when what is perfect comes, the partial will be set aside.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
But when perfection shall come, then that which is partial shall be nothing.

Please tell us the gifts we have in part (the partial, temporary)as stated in verse 9.

If u read d scripture in context, u ll kno he s not talking about now. U r only looking for a scripture to suit dt interpretation.

1 Corith 13:8-13

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Always notice d tense and subject of every verse. Paul uses "we", that includes him, Apostles, all believers. Notice also dt he said "we behold as in glass". definitely, even Paul kno dt he doesnt hav d complete knowlegde about God and dts wat u claim to hav now since u said others are done away with.

1 Corith 13:8 Paul summed up his description of God's kind of love by saying that it never fails. He was saying that it will never cease. We will still be walking in God's kind of love throughout eternity. That's why it is so important that we operate all the gifts of the Spirit through God's kind of love. Prophecies will fail and tongues will cease, but love will abide forever.

Prophecies will fail and tongues will cease>>> A time will come when there will not be prophecies anymore. In eternity, when we know all things even as we are known, we won't need the gift of prophecy and speak in tongues anymore. He was contrasting the temporariness of prophecy with the permanentness of love.

In vs 12, he said Then shall I know even as also I am known". Dts full knowledge, but it will be God's perfect, complete knowledge, not the corruptible carnal knowledge that we now possess. Do we claim we hav d perfect knowlegde now? No, we only behold as in glass, but in eternity we will hav complete knowlegde as he knows us.

About knowing in part.
The gift of prophecy, tongue, W of W, W of K do not give the individual operating in that gift access to the complete knowledge of God. A person only know it in part. Its an expression from d Spirit about certain issues not d full knowledge of it. They come for directions, instructions, guidance etc.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 21, 2013
shdemidemi:

How did you come to conclude that andronicus and junias were Gentile converts?
They sure look like gentile names to me,just like phoebe,priscilla and aquilla or do you know their jewish names,origin and background?

Did Paul call them apostles or did he say they were esteemed by the Apostles?
Yeah he did. " They are very IMPORTANT APOSTLES".NCV

My arguement is that Paul used the term APOSTLE loosely as messenger or representative and NOT only the 1cor15 definition.
Barnabas,silas, appollos,epraproditus,timothy were called apostles in scriptures.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 12:39pm On Nov 21, 2013
ajayikayod:

If u read d scripture in context, u ll kno he s not talking about now. U r only looking for a scripture to suit dt interpretation.

1 Corith 13:8-13

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.

10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.

12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Always notice d tense and subject of every verse. Paul uses "we", that includes him, Apostles, all believers. Notice also dt he said "we behold as in glass". definitely, even Paul kno dt he doesnt hav d complete knowlegde about God and dts wat u claim to hav now since u said others are done away with.

You have refuse to answer the question bro. The question is, what are the gifts we have in part?

I never said anyone has complete knowledge, I said we have it in part until that day when we wldn't need it anymore.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
shdemidemi:

Are you sure you can do miracles?

If you can, I am sure like me you won't be too happy with those people with issues in hospitals. Pls go there and heal all if you sincerely have the power to do so at your own time.

The bedrock and fundamental of the gospel that saves Gentiles and by extension the world today happened after the death and resurrection of Christ.

What they had to believe at the time when Jesus said these things was 'Jesus is the son of God'.

The relationship between God and Israel had always been backed by signs. God won't send any prophet without the power to perform wonders. That was the only way these nation of Israel believe you are from God. But our relationship as the church with God is different, our relationship is built on trust in the Word.

1 Corinthians 1:22
King James Version (KJV)
22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

Now i fully understand u. U dont believ in miracles? Jesus!!!!!!!
Wat then do u believ in? Do u actually kno dt d converting of d soul is a miracle on its own? Do u always keep passive whn u hav d sick around u. U ar afraid of not failing, rit? U just summed up above wat i can call atotal heteros gospel.

Dt d power of God thru signs and wonders has ceased, wat a miss!!
Did Jesus healed all in his days? Did d early church healed all in thr days?

Ur message has no root and place in d scriptures. U r only scrapping thru 1 Corith 13 with poor interpretation about "in part". U dont even believ d word of Jesus, U dont believe in d gift of God, u dont believ in d Power of d Spirit to work miracles. U dont believ dt as d early church were, we are. Wat do u actually believe in? I cant imagine how much u r really missing in d church of God.

Do u actually believe in prayers? dt God answers prayers. Ohh! all along u hav believed dt all u r is by ur power or do u believe in taking guidance by d Spirit.

U err my bro. If u hav not seen miracles b4, if u hav not had W of W, W of K, prophecies b4, i ve seen and still see till today. I believe dt wat Christ death brought for d early church is 4 us all. I believe dt d power dt raised Christ from d dead is still at work today in d church.

U dont experience wat u dont believe in, mayb u can check dt.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 12:52pm On Nov 21, 2013
shdemidemi:

You have refused to answer the question bro. The question is, what are the gifts we have in part?

I never said anyone has complete knowledge, I said we have it in part until that day when we wldn't need it anymore.

If u read d part u cut away from ur quote, u ll kno d gift we hav in part and why.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 12:53pm On Nov 21, 2013
Bidam: They sure look like gentile names to me,just like phoebe,priscilla and aquilla or do you know their jewish names,origin and background?

Yeah he did. " They are very IMPORTANT APOSTLES".NCV

My arguement is that Paul used the term APOSTLE loosely as messenger or representative and NOT only the 1cor15 definition.
Barnabas,silas, appollos,epraproditus,timothy were called apostles in scriptures.

New International Version
Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who have been in prison with me. They are outstanding among the apostles, and they were in Christ before I was.

New Living Translation
Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews, who were in prison with me. They are highly respected among the apostles and became followers of Christ before I did.

English Standard Version
Greet Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen and my fellow prisoners. They are well known to the apostles, and they were in Christ before me.

New American Standard Bible
Greet Andronicus and Junias, my kinsmen and my fellow prisoners, who are outstanding among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

King James Bible
Salute Andronicus and Junia, my kinsmen, and my fellowprisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow countrymen and fellow prisoners. They are noteworthy in the eyes of the apostles, and they were also in Christ before me.

International Standard Version
Greet Andronicus and Junia, my fellow Jews who are in prison with me and are prominent among the apostles. They belonged to the Messiah before I did.

If the bible say they were Jews, so they were. The scripture did not call the apostles either.

As for the office of the apostle, I agree the word has a wider reference but going by Peters description in Acts 1; you must have seen Christ in person to become an apostle.

Some of the reasons why Paul's office and credentials as an apostle was challenged. He made it clear that he was even more of an apostle for the mark of Christ that was evident on him and more importantly that he saw Christ face to face.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 1:00pm On Nov 21, 2013
ajayikayod:

If u read d part u cut away from ur quote, u ll kno d gift we hav in part and why.

The gifts we have in part are clearly written
1 cor 13:9
For we know in part, and we prophesy in part

And those are the two the scripture says we vanish when the perfect comes

10 But when that which is perfect is come, [b]then that which is in part [/b]shall be done away.

That leaves us with LOVE, KNOWLEDGE (in part), and PROPHECY(teaching)
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 1:03pm On Nov 21, 2013
shdemidemi:

The gifts we have in part are clearly written
1 cor 13:9
For we know in part, and we prophesy in part

And those are the two the scripture says we vanish when the perfect comes

10 But when that which is perfect is come, [b]then that which is in part [/b]shall be done away.

Pls, can u tell me wat dt which is perfect mean and when it came.

And dont 4get i gav u STRONG-NT meaning of d word prophesy to include for-telling
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 1:20pm On Nov 21, 2013
ajayikayod:

Pls, can u tell me wat dt which is perfect mean and when it came.
As for that which is perfect, I believe it is Christ.
ajayikayod:
And dont 4get i gav u STRONG-NT meaning of d word prophesy to include for-telling

Vine's Expository Dictionary of BiBlical Words

Though much of OT prophecy was purely descriptive, prophecy is not necessarily, nor even primarily fore-telling.

With the completion of the canon of scripture prophecy apparently passed away. In his measure the teacher has taken the place of the prophet.

The significant change in 2 Peter 2:1. The difference is that, whereas the message of the prophet was a direct revelation of the mind of God for the occasion, the message of the teacher is gathered from the completed revelation contained in the scriptures.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 1:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
shdemidemi:

Vine's Expository Dictionary of BiBlical Words

Though much of OT prophecy was purely descriptive, prophecy is not necessarily, nor even primarily fore-telling.

With the completion of the canon of scripture prophecy apparently passed away.
In his measure the teacher has taken the place of the prophet.

The significant change in 2 Peter 2:1. The difference is that, whereas the message of the prophet was a direct revelation of the mind of a god for the occasion, the message of the teacher is gathered from the completed revelation contained in the scriptures.

I gave u a exact word used and d meaning u still come up wit diff meaning.

Prophéteia. Propheteous. ds are d exact word used and i gav u d direct greek meaning. Why try to read another meaning to it. Wat u gav is interpretation from another source not d word used.

Lets talk on d original word used and wat it means in d original language.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 2:23pm On Nov 21, 2013
ajayikayod:

Now i fully understand u. U dont believ in miracles? Jesus!!!!!!!
Wat then do u believ in? Do u actually kno dt d converting of d soul is a miracle on its own? Do u always keep passive whn u hav d sick around u. U ar afraid of not failing, rit? U just summed up above wat i can call atotal heteros gospel.

Saying I don't believe in miracles isn't right... I believe God can do all things and beyond at His set time and not at the call of any man.

When people are sick around me, i pray for them. Does that mean they will get better? Of course not. I have only prayed according to my wish for that person. Do I know what the mind of God is concerning that person's sickness? What if God wants to take glory out of that person's illness?

The best child of God may be the greatest sufferer and his suffering may appear to be crushing, killing and overwhelming but only God knows bro.
ajayikayod:

Dt d power of God thru signs and wonders has ceased, wat a miss!!
Did Jesus healed all in his days? Did d early church healed all in thr days?

How can the power of God seize!

All I am saying is that man does not have that power any more. The apostles had it for a while but you and I don't have the power to tell a dead man to rise today. Only God can when He wants to, if He wants to.

If you call a doctor he will carry out his discipline any time needed. if you call an engineer he will attend to you as long as it concerns his job. If you say you have power to do miracles, you should be able to do it whenever the need arise, Jesus would.
ajayikayod:

Do u actually believe in prayers? dt God answers prayers. Ohh! all along u hav believed dt all u r is by ur power or do u believe in taking guidance by d Spirit.

I see prayer as a communication with God and not just a request time. I believe you can pray from now till tomorrow, if it's not according to the will and predestined plan of God it won't be answered. All God needs from me is to see Him as the TRUSTEE and myself as the TRUSTOR.

Example, if I trust my wife I don't have to be checking her movement or asking her silly questions or checking through her phone to know if she is being faithful. In similar manner, my life is in the hands of God, why am I worrying or asking for miracle. When I do that I am more or less saying may be God can't see or He has forgotten.
ajayikayod:

U err my bro. If u hav not seen miracles b4, if u hav not had W of W, W of K, prophecies b4, i ve seen and still see till today. I believe dt wat Christ death brought for d early church is 4 us all. I believe dt d power dt raised Christ from d dead is still at work today in d church.

U dont experience wat u dont believe in, mayb u can check dt.

The power that raised Christ is at work to save anyone who comes to the knowledge of the truth. The power is in the gospel (no where else) for it is the POWER unto salvation.

I will be sincere with you, I have never seen a dead man raised from dead neither have I seen a lame man get up suddenly with my eyes before.

Have you seen any man raise the dead or anything of that nature, life?. I am not saying heard o, I am saying may be a family member of yours that was blind or that died that got healed.

The greatest mistake we can make as men is to think we have powers through prayers to do anything. Even if you pray and what you prayed for happened somehow. Know it that it did not happen because you prayed, it happened because God permitted it. Even if you didn't pray it would have happened if it is in line with God's plan.

How many things have we really prayed for that we get? In fact what we get most times are the things we don't pray for. God just does His thing, no man has the formula or the power to fill that space that only God occupy.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 2:30pm On Nov 21, 2013
ajayikayod:

I gave u a exact word used and d meaning u still come up wit diff meaning.

Prophéteia. Propheteous. ds are d exact word used and i gav u d direct greek meaning. Why try to read another meaning to it. Wat u gav is interpretation from another source not d word used.

Lets talk on d original word used and wat it means in d original language.

Prophéteia was used in 1 cor 13:8.

It signifies the speaking forth of the mind and counsel of God. In 1 cor 13:8 it is used of the gift or of that which is 'prophesied'
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 7:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
Hi shdemidemi,
i wont b much available 2nite to reply d above in details due to other assignments. I will respond in detail 2moro. But in few words. I hav seen and enjoyed d privilege of bein part of God's vessels used in demonstrating d power of God as seen in d early church.
Bro, i hav seen many mad men received sanity, many deaf hear opened, blind reciev sights. I m not telling u theories, ds ar realities of outreaches i ve been privilege to b part of.
My speech doesnt rest on human wisdom but in demonstration of Spirit power.

Secondly, not tru dt God does anytin he wants when he wants. We ve seen tru out d scripture dt man's will can stop God and as much recieve desires from God.

Till i come again, Stay Blessed.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 7:46am On Nov 22, 2013
shdemidemi:

Prophéteia was used in 1 cor 13:8.

It signifies the speaking forth of the mind and counsel of God. In 1 cor 13:8 it is used of the gift or of that which is 'prophesied'

Bro Morning,
as shown earlier, propheteia as a word includes speaking on d future as foretelling. Wat u wrote above could definately come as foretelling (e.g. God giving direction thru d Spirit to somone or set of ppl on specific issues). Dt can come as W of W or other utterance gifts.
Propheteia encompass all of revelation thru the Word and the Spirit.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 8:24am On Nov 22, 2013
ajayikayod: Hi shdemidemi,
i wont b much available 2nite to reply d above in details due to other assignments. I will respond in detail 2moro. But in few words. I hav seen and enjoyed d privilege of bein part of God's vessels used in demonstrating d power of God as seen in d early church.
Bro, i hav seen many mad men received sanity, many deaf hear opened, blind reciev sights. I m not telling u theories, ds ar realities of outreaches i ve been privilege to b part of.
My speech doesnt rest on human wisdom but in demonstration of Spirit power.

Secondly, not tru dt God does anytin he wants when he wants. We ve seen tru out d scripture dt man's will can stop God and as much recieve desires from God.

Till i come again, Stay Blessed.

Good morning bro,

Please clearly say it if you have the power to perform miracles at your call.

Are you sure man's will precede God"s will?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 8:38am On Nov 22, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bro Morning,
as shown earlier, propheteia as a word includes speaking on d future as foretelling. Wat u wrote above could definately come as foretelling (e.g. God giving direction thru d Spirit to somone or set of ppl on specific issues). Dt can come as W of W or other utterance gifts.
Propheteia encompass all of revelation thru the Word and the Spirit.

Bro, in the Old Testament we are familiar with the Spirit of God coming down on people, at that point they become anointed for the purpose of conveying the mind of God.

But today, every Christian is anointed cos we permanently have that Spirit in us. Today, the Spirit helps us to understand what has been written aforetime.

Our call as Christians is not a call to perform miracles or to hear deceptive voices. We have been called to carry a message and broadcast the message in and out of season, that is, when it is convenient and even when it's not.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 8:58am On Nov 22, 2013
shdemidemi:

Saying I don't believe in miracles isn't right... I believe God can do all things and beyond at His set time and not at the call of any man.

When people are sick around me, i pray for them. Does that mean they will get better? Of course not. I have only prayed according to my wish for that person. Do I know what the mind of God is concerning that person's sickness? What if God wants to take glory out of that person's illness?

The best child of God may be the greatest sufferer and his suffering may appear to be crushing, killing and overwhelming but only God knows bro.

Ds is definately not d gospel given to us. God can only do whn d Will of d man is in it. God will never do anytin for a man if d will of such man dont want. God will never heal a man who dont believ in healing. U hav a will to recieve, to believ and to reject.

We hav seen man's will over and over again hindering God's Will.

Adam did, the Isrealite did.
Eze 18:23; Tit2 :11; 1 Tim 2:3-4, God desires dt all men be saved, dt s wat God will but that wont come to past becos man has a will to choose too and deviate from God's Will.

Its an excuse of a believr who has given up to fate dt wat ever happened, its because God wills. Bro, did God will dt d church b scattered?, did God will dt d gospel be hindered?, did God will dt men should die in plane crash without evn traces of thr existence? did God will dt a trailer crush a 10 yr old girl under its tire to death? did God will dt men should rise against each other in war and destructions?

Do not err bro, every good gift and perfect gift is from God (James 1:18)
Do u kno wat perfect gift means? U need to look at wat God created in Eden to kno dt. Dts His will. Jesus put it in another way. he says " d devil kill, steal, and destroy but he ( wat he sees in d father) came to giv life and be abundant. Dts d Will of God.
I hav seen many on NL talk about God killing, doing evil etc evn from believers. Bro, i disagree on all because thr cant b eveil in God.

Why do u pray and just wish after? Is dt wat was taught in d scriptures? Many reasons ppl dont hav answers to thr prayers, just wishing is one of it. U dont wish bro, u believe dt u recieve, u believe wat d Lord said (Ask and it shall be given, dt ur joy may b full).

Finally on ds. If God takes glory in sickness, does He take glory also in death of d young, d crushing by trailers? God doesnt take glory in ppl's sickness, He doesnt hav glory in evil and imperfect things but good and perfect. Anyday u see any imperfection, bro never let ur mind go to God as d reason.

shdemidemi: How can the power of God seize!

All I am saying is that man does not have that power any more. The apostles had it for a while but you and I don't have the power to tell a dead man to rise today. Only God can when He wants to, if He wants to.

If you call a doctor he will carry out his discipline any time needed. if you call an engineer he will attend to you as long as it concerns his job. If you say you have power to do miracles, you should be able to do it whenever the need arise, Jesus would.

Ds is whr d problem is and whr u need to do more findings in d scriptures.
D name Jesus obtained (Phil 2:8-10) is d name of d church. D name given to u and me. Every believer can function in d power of dt name.
Stephen wasnt an Apostle, amny in d early church perform signs and wonders, many in present day church ar doing same too. I ve recieve of Christ fulness, of d gift of d Spirit. I function in demnostrating d power of God as u should also. God will only do, when u ar ready bro.

Bro, doctor fails too and learn, engineers fails and learn, same with a man functioning in s Spirit, he s learning, growing to master how to b effective. Many neglect d fact dt a man can only function to d limit his mind can hold, things of d Spirit get better by use. Peter, John, all d disciples messed up one time or d other. Jesus scolded them many times on how they limit d authority they had. Dts learning, practicing, makin use of. Peter had to pull d man at d beautiful gate to reciev miracles, but well later Peter dont even need to pray for such, bible recorded his shadow healed. Dts progression, deeper revelation and ability to function in d Spirit. U think because we all hav d Spirit then u can all just start fucntion perfectly in it?
D same way ur understanding of God's Word is in progressive revelation, ur ability to fucntion in d Spirit power is also in progression. Years back i hav prayed for d sick and they get sicker, some just get little well, but i never give up, i believ d word of Christ (u shall lay hands on d sick..). I kept at it, knowing how to yield more. Today i hav lost count on d numbers i hav got healed at diff places. Does dt means i cant still miss sometimes? No, i keep pressing towards d mark of mastery without giving up to unbelieve.

U asked, "If you say you have power to do miracles, you should be able to do it whenever the need arise, Jesus would." I tell u Jesus would, but Peter couldnt but in progressiv revelation, John too, d early church too, so i too as member of d church, grows daily to kno more and more and to function in d grace of God thru d power of Christ in me.

shdemidemi:
I see prayer as a communication with God and not just a request time. I believe you can pray from now till tomorrow, if it's not according to the will and predestined plan of God it won't be answered. All God needs from me is to see Him as the TRUSTEE and myself as the TRUSTOR.

Example, if I trust my wife I don't have to be checking her movement or asking her silly questions or checking through her phone to know if she is being faithful. In similar manner, my life is in the hands of God, why am I worrying or asking for miracle. When I do that I am more or less saying may be God can't see or He has forgotten.

Bro, then we dont need to ask anytin again since we hav been pre-programmed. So why preach to ppl since God already preplan them for hell.
Ds ar d wat brings confusion to most believers and mak d unbeliever stand again d gospel.
PRAYER as communication includes asking and recieving. Hav u 4gotten ds words

Matt 7:11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!
Matt 21:22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.”
John 15:7 If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, you will[b] ask what you desire, and it shall be done for you[/b].
John 15:16 You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in My name He may give you.
James 1:5 If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him
1 John 3:22 And [/b]whatever we ask we receive from Him[/b], because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight.

All d scripture above points to us praying and recieving our desires (will) not God's Will. D ultimate God's Will is wat u see in 1 John 3:23 (And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.)

See, many things surround d not bein able to reciev by a person, one of it is wat u said, "wishing" not believing to reciev. Ds scripture show some.

James 1:6-8 But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. 7 For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; 8 he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

James 4:3 ye ask, and not reciev because ye ask amiss.
James 5:15 And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up.

can u remember James 5:16-18
The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much(dynamic in its working). 17 Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed earnestly that it would not rain; and it did not rain on the land for three years and six months. 18 And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth produced its fruit.

he even compare our recieving to Elijah owns, to let u kno dt u ought to recieve.
See, bro. U can and should reciev from God as Elijah, Paul, Peter did. Dont deprive urself of ds. Find time to go thru ds scripture and amke up ur mind on it.

shdemidemi:
The power that raised Christ is at work to save anyone who comes to the knowledge of the truth. The power is in the gospel (no where else) for it is the POWER unto salvation.

I will be sincere with you, I have never seen a dead man raised from dead neither have I seen a lame man get up suddenly with my eyes before.

Have you seen any man raise the dead or anything of that nature, life?. I am not saying heard o, I am saying may be a family member of yours that was blind or that died that got healed.

The greatest mistake we can make as men is to think we have powers through prayers to do anything. Even if you pray and what you prayed for happened somehow. Know it that it did not happen because you prayed, it happened because God permitted it. Even if you didn't pray it would have happened if it is in line with God's plan.

How many things have we really prayed for that we get? In fact what we get most times are the things we don't pray for. God just does His thing, no man has the formula or the power to fill that space that only God occupy.

I believed i treated ds wit my yesterday post and ds one . I ve seen, be part of many of God's miracles.
Prayer is our only resort Bro, nothing happened by chance since d creation of d World, nothing. Its either its by man's disobedient or by man's prayers. God has given us d authority, privilege to enjoy all of His love and Faithfulness, to enjoy d ability of d Spirit and to reciev our desires.

Do consider studying on ds as said earlier but not wit a set mind but a mind dt wants to know, God will definately talk to u about it all.

Grace to u bro as u reciev massively from our FatherGod.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 9:44am On Nov 22, 2013
ajayikayod:

Ds is definately not d gospel given to us. .

What is the gospel given to us then?

I hope you know gospel means news. So, What is the news Christians should be sharing/heralding?

ajayikayod:

God can only do whn d Will of d man is in it. God will never do anytin for a man if d will of such man dont want. God will never heal a man who dont believ in healing. U hav a will to recieve, to believ and to reject.

So, was it the will of Joseph to go to Egypt?

Was it of David to become king?

Was it the will of Saul to become Paul?

Was it the will of Mary to be the mother of Jesus?

Was it the will of the nation of Israel to become slaves in a strange land?

Was it the will of pharaoh to keep the Israelites until the tenth plague?

And many more
ajayikayod:
We hav seen man's will over and over again hindering God's Will.

Adam did, the Isrealite did.
Eze 18:23; Tit2 :11; 1 Tim 2:3-4, God desires dt all men be saved, dt s wat God will but that wont come to past becos man has a will to choose too and deviate from God's Will.

My friend, it is God's desire does not mean it is His will. His will is to pick, elect, choose any one as He had purposed.
ajayikayod:
Its an excuse of a believr who has given up to fate dt wat ever happened, its because God wills. Bro, did God will dt d church b scattered?, did God will dt d gospel be hindered?, did God will dt men should die in plane crash without evn traces of thr existence? did God will dt a trailer crush a 10 yr old girl under its tire to death? did God will dt men should rise against each other in war and destructions?

How did you even become a Christian! Isn't it through thesame kind of trust that Abraham had. What happened to "all things work together for good to those who love God'? If you think all things means all good things, you would be wrong. It means the good, the bad and the ugly will work out for good. The bible says everything is beautiful at its time- death is beautiful at its time and all those other things you wrote up there are all beautiful at their time, as far as God is concerned.

You obviously talk as a man with emotions but God is saying "I give and I take".
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 9:44am On Nov 22, 2013
I will be back in a bit to respond to the rest. Please bear with me.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by try69: 9:51am On Nov 22, 2013
So much for reformation.

Do you disown your father to correct him?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 11:09am On Nov 22, 2013
shdemidemi:

What is the gospel given to us then?

I hope you know gospel means news. So, What is the news Christians should be sharing/heralding?

As i cleared up thr. D gospel of Christ given to us is not a powerless one. D gospel is contained in demonstrating d Power of God.
I once involved in an outreach in a village whr a man (babalawo) has become a stronghold in such community, we went ahead to preach without bothering about him becos we kno wat we ar made of. One of us chose to preach to his family members and immediate d man noticed he charged to d shrine to bring watever, one of us tried to stop him by holding him yet he pulled him away. At his entrance to open d shrine door, he started shouting i cant see again, my eyes are gone, hold d boy dt touched me now, dont let them go. Bro dts d Power of god at work in d Gospel we carry. We laid hands on him and he regained his sight immediately. D whole community were out already and they all gav thr life to Christ becos of wat they see. Bro, dts wat i mean, whn i told u dt we preach d gospel of power in word and in Spirit. U mit say dts wat God's will, but i can boldly tell u, dt we asked and recieved.

shdemidemi:
So, was it the will of Joseph to go to Egypt?

Was it of David to become king?

Was it the will of Saul to become Paul?

Was it the will of Mary to be the mother of Jesus?

Was it the will of the nation of Israel to become slaves in a strange land?

Was it the will of pharaoh to keep the Israelites until the tenth plague?

And many more
My friend, it is God's desire does not mean it is His will. His will is to pick, elect, choose any one as He had purposed.

I told u dt God never do anytin without d will of such man (choice). Except u take humans for robots. All u see in d scripture ar demostration of man's will to obey or disobeyed God.

Joseph? Hardness of his brothers heart to do evil. If they hav chosen good, he wont smell Egypt and d dream will still come to pass. Or u mean God made then do d evil to punish and sell him?

David? God told Samuel dt "He sees d heart not d stature". Bro, dts will, David chose to obey God and God saw a right heart. Will God hav chosen David if he is of evil?

Saul? Saul was absolutely upright concerning Law, all he did was in ignorance. Dont 4get, God sees d heart (choice, will, obedient) of man. An upright man fighting against d truth in search of d truth will surely find it. Paul was saved just as u r (Supernaturally), salvation doesnt hav to be spectacular.

Mary? If i may asked u, if mary has been involved in immorality will she b chosen based on past prophesies? No. Her choice was clear (She kept her self, she believed d word of d Lord thru d angel too). Nothing special about d Mary, wat was special is d prophesy dt a virgin will concieve by d Hplyghost at due time, whn d time came, Mary was found ready, available to be useful. If thr is no many, God will still find one who is ready.

Isrealites, Pharoah? Its all about d hardness of thr heart, thr choice, thr believ and purpose. God give His word, His Word require an action (Faith), dts d determinant of all who ar justified and unjustified in d scriptures.

Ur description made it to b dt God already plan d fall of man, he planned d disobedient of Adam to show off? Also planned dt cain will b rebelious.

I hav given u enough to study mayb u will see Him in d tru light of who he His.

[/quote]How did you even become a Christian! Isn't it through thesame kind of trust that Abraham had. What happened to "all things work together for good to those who love God'? If you think all things means all good things, you would be wrong. It means the good, the bad and the ugly will work out for good. The bible says everything is beautiful at its time- death is beautiful at its time and all those other things you wrote up there are all beautiful at their time, as far as God is concerned.

You obviously talk as a man with emotions but God is saying "I give and I take".[/quote]

Bro, is crushing a 5 yr old girl under a trailer beautiful, yrs bad many ppl were lined down by robbers under a luxurious bus to crush them, wat a great glory god will hav in some ppl going to hell then. Is dt wat u call beautiful? Wat is d definition of beauty, good and perfect God? Does it include sorrows for d righteous?
U misuse scriptures most times by claiming God hav pleasure in evil. Wat good do u see God working to in d global disaster recorded in various places? These are d challenges of atheist and other unbelievers. They always ask,. why ll a good God choose to kill an innocent man to prove He is good. So u ll tell them dt God has purpose for evrytin? Ooooo.
GOD DOESNT HAV PURPOSE FOR EVERYTIN. He has a Will and want us to do His Will, Man can choose anytime not to do it. OUR CHOICES ARE NEVER CONTROLLED BY GOD. When u hear by faith Abra...., Rahab... etc. Dts man'w will (choice) at work to obey God.

Bro, i tell u again, do not err. Things doesnt just happen, we make things happen. All God has ever done and still doing in His Love is to save man from his evil choices and bring them into obedience to d Word.

Any picture we have of God needs to be informed by Jesus Christ. Jesus is the “radiance of God’s glory, the exact representation of his being” To get a good understanding of God’s character, we need to look to Jesus. He said d devil is d robber, d killer and d destroyer but u said God is d one responsible.

GOD DOESNT NEED EVIL TO WORK OUT GOOD, HE IS ONLY IN BUSINESS OF HELPING MAN DISOBEDIENT AND D EVIL OF D DEVIL TO WORK OUT GOOD FOR US.
Bro, i commend u to God and to d Word of His Grace.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 11:58am On Nov 22, 2013
Can't type much at the moment as I am using my phone but I will ask a few questions -

Please answer the question so we can audibly communicate.

You are yet to tell me what the good news is, I understand it is powerful. Please tell me what the 'powerful' gospel is.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 22, 2013
@ajayikayod:

As shdemidemi asked ( though I may not agree with him ), what is the gospel that Jesus preached and commanded his followers to preach to the ends of the world ?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Alwaystrue(f): 12:51pm On Nov 22, 2013
@ajayikayod,
I must admit I have drawn a lot of understanding from some of your posts. God uses tools (good or bad) to bring His will and purpose to pass.
If anyone is wicked and presents Himself as a wicked man, God will use that wickedness to ensure His plan still materialises. It is still left to the wicked person to chose to repent.
Jospeh said it that His brothers meant evil by selling Him to Egypt but God had planned it for good but if you notice Joseph did not go to Egypt and mess up himself with Potiphar's wife or mess up in prison. He remained a vessel unto honour. His will remained aligned to God's.

II Timothy 2:20-21
20Now in a large house there are not only gold and silver vessels, but also vessels of wood and of earthenware, and some to honor and some to dishonor.
21Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from these things, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified, useful to the Master, prepared for every good work

The above scripture shows that there are different kinds of vessels or tools that God uses, but there is a clause....IF ANYONE CLEANSES HIMSELF...He will be a worthy vessel unto Honour.
Man has to subject His will with God's will and cleanse His way to be a worthy vessel.

2 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by DrummaBoy(m): 6:34pm On Nov 22, 2013
shdemidemi: Can't type much at the moment as I am using my phone but I will ask a few questions -

Please answer the question so we can audibly communicate.

You are yet to tell me what the good news is, I understand it is powerful. Please tell me what the 'powerful' gospel is.

this is where the robber meets the road. What is the good news? Is it possible that in pursuit of a powerful gospel we no longer preach the goodnews and we do is to revel in power until the occult have taken over and we can no longer distingush btw the gospel and showmanship?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Candour(m): 7:05pm On Nov 22, 2013
I think I too will like to see a discourse on what 'the gospel' really is. We are at that time of the year again when every known and unknown mog is holding one extra ordinary gathering or the other and we all will be caught up in the frenzy.

What exactly is the gospel that saved you and i which we are meant to proclaim?

I must say I've been enjoying the discussions going on here and hope the spirit continues
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 7:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
Candour: I think I too will like to see a discourse on what 'the gospel' really is. We are at that time of the year again when every known and unknown mog is holding one extra ordinary gathering or the other and we all will be caught up in the frenzy.

What exactly is the gospel that saved you and i which we are meant to proclaim?

I must say I've been enjoying the discussions going on here and hope the spirit continues

The funny thing is that Jesus preached only ONE gospel even before his death and resurrection, Paul preached the same etc etc.

"From then on Jesus began to preach, "Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near." - Matthew 4:17

" Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel." - Mark 1:14-15

" And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people." - Matthew 4:23

The gospel can be summed up in one sentence : Prepare for the coming of the Kingdom of God about to be established on earth , repent of your sins so that you will be counted worthy to be a part of this new kingdom, also go and bring others into this kingdom for the present kingdom ( where Satan rules ) is passing away.

Also read Daniel 2:44.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 8:47pm On Nov 22, 2013
I completely disagree with your summations of what the gospel is @frosbel...

I think it is important to know what the message/good news that gave birth to the church is... Let's hope @ajayikay can help us with what he thinks the gospel of christ is all about.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
shdemidemi: I completely disagree with your summations of what the gospel is @frosbel...

I think it is important to know what the message/good news that gave birth to the church is... Let's hope @ajayikay can help us with what he thinks the gospel of christ is all about.

Jesus set the scene for the gospel and he preached this same gospel, this is the only gospel that was preached.

There is only ONE gospel , contrary to your TWO Gospel misunderstanding.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 9:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
frosbel:

Jesus set the scene for the gospel and he preached this same gospel, this is the only gospel that was preached.

There is only ONE gospel , contrary to your TWO Gospel misunderstanding.

Your definition of the gospel is the reason why most christians pitch their tent @ the four gospels.

John the baptist carried a message that prepared the way for the gospel of Jesus

Jesus carried a message that prepared the way for the ministry of the Holy Spirit. (The message was' believe Jesus is the son of God to be saved')

Paul also carried a message... A message we are to preach to the world today.. The message is beyond Jesus being the son of God bro...let's wait for our guy bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

'Corruption Will Not End In Nigeria Till Jesus Comes' - Prophet Abiara / Church History Outline / Jesus Christ Perform Solat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.