Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,697 members, 7,831,177 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

God Told Me To Tell You This Or That - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Told Me To Tell You This Or That (11509 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 19, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Thank you(s) jare!

I hope you can read Mr Gombs aka Tithe Collector cool!
I think you will do well by abstaining from names calling. C'mon!
wink

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Goshen360(m): 7:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
vickyO: God also speaks to us through his prophets. Just test the spirit behind the prophecy.

Hebrews 1:1-2 gently proves you WRONG!!! Which prophets?

2 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by DrummaBoy(m): 7:02pm On Nov 19, 2013
Gombs:

How dare u!? Have you seared your conscience this much?

It is those who have turned Gods house into a Den of Theives that have seared their conscience. Some of us have found our freedom from their zoos.

Gombs:
That man has more than 1miillion brethren in Nigeria alone..not to talk of around the world. You think its by his power and might? You think its by his senses?

See how a Christian is thinking: in terms of number. even Rock stars do better.

Gombs:
You that can't gather 20ppl[b]Gombs:[/b] (or even ten) for a bible study class and yet you call him a failure

I agree I may not be able to because discipleship is not [size=20pt]gathering[/size] a following.

Gombs:
Timothy had a lot brethren in his church in Ephesus..yet Paul was the GO of those churches...was Paul a failure?

Titus was a Pastor with Paul as the GO... Was Paul a failure?

What about Polycarp?
Apollos?

So Paul was a G.O?! Wetin person no go hear for NL!!!

Gombs:
You don't understand ministry, you don't have to insult it and ruin yourself consequentially

Jude 1:10-11
Living Bible (TLB)
10 But these men mock and curse at anything they do not understand, and like animals, they do whatever they feel like, thereby ruining their souls.
11 Woe upon them!
For they follow the example of Cain who killed his brother;[size=20pt] and like Balaam, they will do anything for money[/size]; and like Korah, they have disobeyed God and will die under his curse.

Pls read the scripture again with that emphasis!

4 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by DrummaBoy(m): 7:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
I think you will do well by abstaining from names calling. C'mon!
wink

Me and [size=32pt]Gombs[/size] come a long way!
grin cool cool cool cool grin
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Goshen360(m): 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
We keep saying it, many people thinks the new is a continuation of the old covenant with Christ added. That's why you think prophesy in the old is the same as prophesy in the office of a prophet in the new. Study to show yourself approved unto God, my people.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Me and [size=32pt]Gombs[/size] come a long way!
grin cool cool cool cool grin
Aiight.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Gombs(m): 7:13pm On Nov 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

The devil can give all these things too bro. The voice of the people isn't necessarily the voice of God.

Oh Really?

If you don't believe he's genuine, believe for the works sake!
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 7:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
idnoble135:
Like I'm seeing double. Erm... Please explain the bolded.

No prophet can see the full picture, all they can see is a shade. Only God has the full view, we must trust Him to lead us according to His purpose.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Gombs(m): 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
Demain_man:

Do you know how many people support MANCHESTER UNITED, a mere football club?
Most of those followers have been beaten black and blue by Nigeria terrible situation hence they are merely looking for miracle from that man. Majority of them will have their hopes dashed after parting with their hard earned money. It is called spiritual 419 sir

You compare the Church of God to a football club?

You dey try o!...do you know aw many Christian are around the world?

Watch your choice of words sir!
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Demainman1: 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2013
Gombs:

You compare the Church of God to a football club?

You dey try o!...do you know aw many Christian are around the world?

Watch your choice of words sir!

Somebody also said rockstar can also pull crowds. and satan himself can also make one a crowd puller sir. It does not mean a thing!
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

No prophet can see the full picture, all they can see is a shade. Only God has the full view, we must trust Him to lead us according to His purpose.
Yes, we must trust God. But on that line, I'd let it pass.
Shalom!
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by PastorKun(m): 7:27pm On Nov 19, 2013
Gombs:

Oh Really?

If you don't believe he's genuine, believe for the works sake!

Which works

Btw the character in question is one of the reasons the OP was put up as he routinely LIES that he has one to one conversations with God.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Gombs(m): 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

1 corinth 2

9 But, on the contrary, as the Scripture says, What eye has not seen and ear has not heard and has not entered into the heart of man, [all that] God has prepared (made and keeps ready) for those who love Him [ [e]who hold Him in affectionate reverence, promptly obeying Him and gratefully recognizing the benefits He has bestowed].
10 Yet to us God has unveiled and revealed them by and through His Spirit, for the [Holy] Spirit searches
diligently, exploring and examining everything, even
sounding the profound and bottomless things of God
[the [f]divine counsels and things hidden and beyond
man’s scrutiny].

11 For what person perceives (knows and understands)
what passes through a man’s thoughts except the man’s
own spirit within him? Just so no one discerns (comes to know and comprehend) the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God.
12 Now we have not received the spirit [that belongs to] the world, but the [Holy] Spirit Who is from God, [given to us] that we might realize and comprehend and appreciate the gifts [of divine favor and blessing so freely and lavishly] bestowed on us by God.

Do you guys ever study?

God has given us the HolySpirit that KNOWS the mind of God himself...that's why we say "I have the mind of Christ"

Meaning we have the thoughts of God by the Holyspirit

Why did you think Paul wrote this

Eph 3
19 And to know the love of Christ, which passeth
knowledge, that ye might be filled with [size=16pt] ALL [/size]the fulness of God.

ALL not SOME

I'll keep praying for you all...

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 7:42pm On Nov 19, 2013
You are doing injustice to what the scriptures is saying. We are talking prophesies, you are talking mysteries of grace revealed.

It is a DANGEROUS thing to have an idea and decide to go to the scriptures for sole purpose of getting that idea endorsed – Bishop Noel Jones

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Gombs(m): 7:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
Demain_man:

Somebody also said rockstar can also pull crowds. and satan himself can also make one a crowd puller sir. It does not mean a thing!

2corinth 2

14 But the natural, nonspiritual man does not accept or
welcome or admit into his heart the gifts and teachings
and revelations of the Spirit of God,
for they are folly (meaningless nonsense) to him; and he is incapable of knowing them [of progressively recognizing, understanding, and becoming better acquainted with them] because they are spiritually discerned and estimated and appreciated.

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Gombs(m): 7:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
shdemidemi: You are doing injustice to what the scriptures is saying. We are talking prophesies, you are talking mysteries of grace revealed.

It is a DANGEROUS thing to have an idea and decide to go to the scriptures for sole purpose of getting that idea endorsed – Bishop Noel Jones

Are Prophesies not a gift of the Holy Spirit?

Tell Bishop Jones that in Christianity, ALL ideas one should have Must be endorsed by the Bible, else it is not of God
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 19, 2013
Some useful verses for the 'million men ' MOG followers.

"He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of others, but God knows your hearts. What people value highly is detestable in God's sight." - Luke 16:15

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it." - Matthew 7:13
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 8:16pm On Nov 19, 2013
Gombs:

Are Prophesies not a gift of the Holy Spirit?

Tell Bishop Jones that in Christianity, ALL ideas one should have Must be endorsed by the Bible, else it is not of God

May be u shld first realise prophecy in the epistles means teaching the word and not fore-telling.

You take truth from scriptures (exegesis), you don't force the scriptures to say what you think it should say (eisegesis). Thank you

4 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 8:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

May be u shld first realise prophecy in the epistles means teaching the word and not fore-telling.

You take truth from scriptures (exegesis), you don't force the scriptures to say what you think it should say (eisegesis). Thank you

Is that not what we are warned of in the bible , i,e foretelling or fortune telling ?

Acts 16:16 Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling.

Micah 5:12 "I will cut off sorceries from your hand, And you will have fortune-tellers no more.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Gombs(m): 8:34pm On Nov 19, 2013
shdemidemi:

Quick quiz

Go study the difference between PROPHESY and PROPHECY

Give time to studying God's word sir

I'm outta here
Cheers
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 8:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ok sir
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Gombs(m): 9:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
shdemidemi: Ok sir

^^
One is a Verb, the other a Noun.

Bottomline is, you were wrong to say prophets don't have a full picture, only a shade

Whether na Prophecy o or Prophesy, all no be from the Holy Spirit?, same which knw the deep things of God, same which dwells in us...eh?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
^^^

so which one is it , prophecy or prophesy ?

smiley
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Gombs(m): 9:55pm On Nov 19, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

so which one is it , prophecy or prophesy ?

smiley

Its a quiz...wait for his answer!
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 3:47am On Nov 20, 2013
Gombs:

^^
One is a Verb, the other a Noun.

Bottomline is, you were wrong to say prophets don't have a full picture, only a shade

Whether na Prophecy o or Prophesy, all no be from the Holy Spirit?, same which knw the deep things of God, same which dwells in us...eh?

Having the deposit of the Holy Spirit in us does not in anyway mean we have the manifest to what God is doing at any point. We must come to a point in our walk where we wld 'understand that we don't understand' what God is doing in every life (ours inclusive). All we can do is hope and trust the word that says all things will work out for good for those who love God.

The bible says we know, prophesy in parts. No man has a full picture, the best a man can see is from an angle. Only God looks down from up to see from all angles. What He says about you in the volume of the books even before you were born remains valid, it is a more sure word. The Word stands heads and shoulders above any fore-teller's predictions.

There are vast spirits in the world as well, even Jesus heard the voice of the wicked one. Turning the stone to bread would have seem a very logical thing to do especially when one is hungry. God's will at the time was for Jesus to stay hungry but the devil brought a more comfortable option.

The stick of Moses became snake, jambres n jannes also threw theirs and it became snake. Although they all had snakes, were they all the same? How would you tell the difference? In other words, what the devil offers is a direct replica of what God offers. In fact, most times it is the more logical option to take.

I am prepared to believe WHATEVER the Word says over any man's claim, knowing from one cover to the other, there is no mistake of any sort in the Holy Scriptures, either upon natural or physical science, or upon history or anything.

2 Likes

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 7:25am On Nov 20, 2013
shdemidemi: The moment a supposed man of God says "god told me", he is indirectly saying no one can argue or ask questions or prove me wrong.

Dts not true. Prove all things, hold to dt which is good.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 7:28am On Nov 20, 2013
Demain_man:

Yes. My priest does not tell me that God say do this or that. I go to God myself.

Do ur Priest preach and teach u God's Word? If so. Dts is called instructions, sometimes directions and corrections as inspired by d HolyGhost. He does hav to say God said. In all inspired ministration by d HolyGhost, dts d Will of God talking to u.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 7:30am On Nov 20, 2013
frosbel:

Wrong.

In the early church, elders were appointed not heads, and they were to care for the sheep and bring them into maturity so that they themselves will become true disciples of Jesus.

Most Apostles were really travelling evangelists who went from city to city setting up churches ( not denominations ) and appointed elders in the plural.

Also , if you read Pauls letters, he never addressed them to the Pastor , it was always to the church , saints and elders.

There is only one head and that is Jesus, the rest are simply siblings each with his own ministry and gift which he must exercise for the benefit of the saints.
Bro, are u neglecting d fact dt d early church has leaders who presided over church affairs?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 7:35am On Nov 20, 2013
frosbel: Can someone tell me why Paul never addressed his letters to the Pastor ( if such a title even existed )

Ephesians 1
New International Version (NIV)
1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God,

To God’s holy people in Ephesus,[a] the faithful in Christ Jesus:

2 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and our brother Sosthenes,

2 To the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be his holy people, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ—their Lord and ours:

3 Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, and Timothy our brother,

2 To God’s holy people in Colossae, the faithful brothers and sisters[a] in Christ:

Grace and peace to you from God our Father.[b]

Bro, Paul doesnt hav to mention pastors. He was thr Apostle, their spiritual father. So he wrote directly to the assemblies he pioneered and also to their leaders. Those letters were read in d assemblies and discussed. Someone is always thr to lead, pastor the assembly.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 7:40am On Nov 20, 2013
DrummaBoy: The practice of having a head in a church is a veritable one. The problem now is what is this head appointed to do? The five fold ministry as we see in Ephesians 4 is a duty and not an office! They are to bring God's people to maturity!! If after years of discipleship, the people under a Pastor still need you to be "thus saying the Lord" to them, they cannot be said to have come to maturity and you have failed in your ministry.

This ministries are not instituted in the church in the sense of heading and that is why Peter warns against Lording it over the flock of the Lord; rather they are there to help God's people to grow.

Frosbel, asked earlier, who is daddy G O? In my article were criticized the 3KM by 3KM church auditorium the Redeemed Church is planning on the express (Lagos-Ibadan), I made it clear that if Daddy G O had been doing what he is supposed to be doing in all these years of ministering on the express, there will not be the need to continue to have people flock there every month for Holy Ghost night. The fact that he and others like him have failed in the ministry committed to hands, turning the ministry to a place where they are G O, more than a place were they should mature saints under them, is the reason why they need such a big auditorium today.

Christian ministry is service to the church and not a place to enjoy privilege or revel in position.

Bros, be careful, be very careful. U r really moving to d edge.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 7:51am On Nov 20, 2013
ajayikayod:

Dts not true. Prove all things, hold to dt which is good.

What is not true about the statement?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 8:22am On Nov 20, 2013
@frosbel, @shdemidemi, @Drummerboy

Beloved of God, its quite important to be able to seperate the Call of a Man from his Doctrine. U seems not to put a dividing line on dt. If we are to go by doctrine in all churches today, we ll end up saying thr is no calling to leadership (pastors) in church today because no one can claim a perfect doctrine hence we keep on knowing progressively.

I believ d level of understanding u guys hav few years back wont b same as of now. If u hav had disciples then, will u claim now were never call into ministries just becos u r ignorant of some doctrine u kno better now.

A man says "God said ds God said dt" is not enough claim to hold dt he s not a pastor or he s a fake one lik some says. A pastor preaches and collect tithe, a pastor clings all his life on preaching holiness tru works is not enough prove 4u to claim a fake. Christ revelation is in progressive understanding and we all kno in part.

We are firstly SAVED BY GRACE, CALLED OF GOD after then we can check doctrine. I wont deny d fact dt many knows d rit doctrines but hav refused to preach it because of their own reasons but dt doesnt need to pudh us to an extreme of making all man with some faulty doctrine a fake.

I m made bold to tell u, dt many of ds Pastors most Christians disdained here on NL hav done so great in ministries, use by God and be a blessing to d Body of Christ, hence lets honor their labour of love irrespective of their mistakes. I hav great honor for Pastors but dt wont prevent me from judging their utterances by d word or voicin out whn their doctrine doesnt go in line wit God's Word yet doctrine doesnt save a man, Christ does and if a man's ministry can bring many to Christ, he s done well. If u hav been in serious ministry work, u ll kno dt it doesnt take only knowing the scriptures to save, disciple, grow and mature an assembly of believers.

i believ, dt d challenges in most churches today is not d Pastors doctrine but d laziness of members who cant take time to check d Word, hence resulted to relying on men.

Finally, no one here on NL, Nigeria or d world at large is not a product of information. We can all claim dt all i hear is from d HolyGost, great but one way or d other we hav been influenced by people, places and our yearning to know d truth. Ds same ppl deserved our honor for such time and commitment showed to help us b a better person.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Worst Bible Translation? / Is It a Sin For A Christian To Have Cosmetic Surgery ? / Are There Things You Cannot Forgive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.