Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,923 members, 7,835,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

God Told Me To Tell You This Or That - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Told Me To Tell You This Or That (11528 Views)

Buhari Told Me Why People Can’t Shout ‘Nagode Allah’ In Nigeria – Mbaka / God Has Told Me Who Will Be President - Pastor Matthew Ashimolowo, KICC London / A Man Of God Told Me She Is Not My Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 8:34am On Nov 20, 2013
shdemidemi:

What is not true about the statement?

because a man saying " God said" doesnt mean doesnt mean u cant ask for clarity, doesnt mean u cant judge by d scripture. Even ppl question God in d scriptures to get clarity.

If someone tell u "God said", then u must hav a witness in ur spirit (most hav issues wit this) and must align wit wat d Word says about u. If not ask questionsssssssss.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 8:45am On Nov 20, 2013
ajayikayod:

because a man saying " God said" doesnt mean doesnt mean u cant ask for clarity, doesnt mean u cant judge by d scripture. Even ppl question God in d scriptures to get clarity.

If someone tell u "God said", then u must hav a witness in ur spirit (most hav issues wit this) and must align wit wat d Word says about u. If not ask questionsssssssss.

Of course you should ask for clarity and judge by scriptures; but that does not debunk the fact that the man saying"God told me" is leaving no room for questions. Moreover, if the so called "God told me prophet" is speaking in line with the Word he need not claim God spoke specially to him on your behalf.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 9:18am On Nov 20, 2013
shdemidemi:

Of course you should ask for clarity and judge by scriptures; but that does not debunk the fact that the man saying"God told me" is leaving no room for questions. Moreover, if the so called "God told me prophet" is speaking in line with the Word he need not claim God spoke specially to him on your behalf.

Still not tru. I said even ppl question God how much more d messenger. Wat u r sayin is s perception not generalty. Ppl use many coined words "I see, God told me, God revealed, I was shown, I heard" etc. They all hav d same source communicated differently based on individual understanding. Its not about d Man givin roon for questions, its about d believer holding to d scripture "test all things".

Also, d most important tin is wat he says then how he said it.
i will firstly judge wat he says wit d Word, how he said it largely due to his personalty and understanding.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 9:33am On Nov 20, 2013
ajayikayod:

Still not tru. I said even ppl question God how much more d messenger. Wat u r sayin is s perception not generalty. Ppl use many coined words "I see, God told me, God revealed, I was shown, I heard" etc. They all hav d same source communicated differently based on individual understanding. Its not about d Man givin roon for questions, its about d believer holding to d scripture "test all things".

Also, d most important tin is wat he says then how he said it.
i will firstly judge wat he says wit d Word, how he said it largely due to his personalty and understanding.

More like you are making excuses for men who deceitfully claim God is speaking to them. The word of God is too full for God to need to make fresh revelations to any man in this age is quite needless.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 20, 2013
shdemidemi:

More like you are making excuses for men who deceitfully claim God is speaking to them. The word of God is too full for God to need to make fresh revelations to any man in this age is quite needless.
Now you come out clearly.
I want to ask, does God still communicate with believers through the Word and through hearing him?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 9:46am On Nov 20, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro,
Dts not an excuse. There ar those who deceitfully claim dt and thr ar those who truly hav dt. All we need to do is to judge by d word and thats what i m saying here. Thr is no new revelation except d Word but thr ar fresh revelation by d Word. The Word refreshes, prophecy, W of K, W of W etc does by d Word.

i kno u believ God can speak to many thru others but ur issue is wit d way its been related. But do we neglect wat is bein said because of how it is said? No. Even some earthly parents do relate corrections to thr children sometimes in a wrong way. Dt doesnt mean wat its been said is wrong.

If God can speak to u for u, God can speak to others thru u. u r just a vessel. And dont neglect d fact dt no matter how spiritual u r, Ur level of education, understanding of d scriptures and personalty will always show in how u recieve and relate wat is recieved.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 10:12am On Nov 20, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bro,
Dts not an excuse. There ar those who deceitfully claim dt and thr ar those who truly hav dt. All we need to do is to judge by d word and thats what i m saying here. Thr is no new revelation except d Word but thr ar fresh revelation by d Word. The Word refreshes, prophecy, W of K, W of W etc does by d Word..

When you say fresh revelations, I might want to see that as fresh understanding of the Word and not necessarily a 'fore-telling prophecy'. The job of our men of God today is to teach the word of God. Any dream, vision or the likes should not be mixed with the word of God. It is very easy to fall into the snare of being seen as a mini-god of some sort.

Take it that you tell me something about my future and it happened by chance or coincidence. The next time I have issues or I feel I need to know anything as regards my future, who do you think I will go to?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 10:44am On Nov 20, 2013
shdemidemi:

When you say fresh revelations, I might want to see that as fresh understanding of the Word and not necessarily a 'fore-telling prophecy'. The job of our men of God today is to teach the word of God. Any dream, vision or the likes should not be mixed with the word of God. It is very easy to fall into the snare of being seen as a mini-god of some sort.

Fresh revelations, comforts, instructions all comes by d word and also by ppl thru d Spirit in line wit d word.
I agreed visions, prophecies shouldnt be mixed with d word but i say it should b aligned to d Word not neglected. That same Spirit dt gives refreshing from d word, gives refreshing by prophecy, by W or K etc. Do u neglect d fact dt the Spirit can reveal thru visions and prophecies? Am sure u r not.

Falling snare of mini-god is another issue which d discipline and knowledgable pastor will teach his members d danger in such. Likewise d members hav d responsibility to know d position of d Word as related to vision, prophecy and their pastors.

Take it that you tell me something about my future and it happened by chance or coincidence. The next time I have issues or I feel I need to know anything as regards my future, who do you think I will go to?

Bro, tru prophecy doesnt happen by chance. Who u go to depends on wat u r tot and how much of d Word u know. U still neglect d fact dt wat ever is been told to u, u much test by d word.

Their ar various instances in d early church whr d demostrations of d Spirit thru ppl were recorded. That same Spirit still reveals and at work in us today.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 11:19am On Nov 20, 2013
ajayikayod:

Do u neglect d fact dt the Spirit can reveal thru visions and prophecies? Am sure u r not.

Reveal what through visions?

ajayikayod:
Bro, tru prophecy doesnt happen by chance. [b]Who u go to depends [/b]on wat u r tot and how much of d Word u know.

Explain what u mean by who I go to and why I have to go to them.
ajayikayod:
Their ar various instances in d early church whr d demostrations of d Spirit thru ppl were recorded. That same Spirit still reveals and at work in us today.

Please show us where the apostles gave us an inkling that we can also hear from God aside what was taught. Paul would tell Timothy to study and not God will speak to you.

Teach what you have been taught and nothing new should be added.

Even Timothy was not allowed to bring fresh revelations of his or fore-tell anything to the church, that would mean adulterating the doctrine of Christ. Same applies to the present church, we are not allowed to add anything to the written word.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 20, 2013
I will respond to some of these points when I have time, for now let me just say that prophesy is not an exclusive gift for a few elitist leaders in church.

Prophesy can be rejected by any member of the church if it does not line up with the word of GOD , the Pastor's word is not final , God's word is.

Gifts are for all, and offices are also for all, whichever calling you may have, use it for the edification of the church.

Pastors, you have no authority over Gods people , they are his people not yours, you can lead by example and persuasion and that it where it ends.

By the way , the Apostle position was not some sort of high placed office, Apostle simply means messenger, not something different as many false prophets tend to think. In fact , the apostles where the most abused, mistreated and rejected among the body of Christ. They were the church builders and those who helped oversee the general welfare of the body of Jesus.

Apostles :

"9 For it seems to me that God has put us apostles on display at the end of the procession, like those condemned to die in the arena. We have been made a spectacle to the whole universe, to angels as well as to human beings. 10 We are fools for Christ, but you are so wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are honored, we are dishonored! 11 To this very hour we go hungry and thirsty, we are in rags, we are brutally treated, we are homeless. 12 We work hard with our own hands. When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it; 13 when we are slandered, we answer kindly. We have become the scum of the earth, the garbage of the world—right up to this moment." - 1 Corinthians 4
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 12:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
shdemidemi:

Please show us where the apostles gave us an inkling that we can also hear from God aside what was taught. Paul would tell Timothy to study and not God will speak to you.

Even Timothy was not allowed to bring fresh revelations of his or fore-tell anything to the church, that would mean adulterating the doctrine of Christ. Same applies to the present church, we are not allowed to add anything to the written word.

U are mixing lot of things together here. I think its idea for me to kno ur stand, mayb i can then understand u.

Can i ask, do d demonstration of d Spirit thru prophecy, W of W, W of K etc still work in d church today?
Was thr no place for prophecies and instructions from d Spirit thru individual in d early church?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 12:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
ajayikayod:

U are mixing lot of things together here. I think its idea for me to kno ur stand, mayb i can then understand u.

Can i ask, do d demonstration of d Spirit thru prophecy, W of W, W of K etc still work in d church today?
Was thr no place for prophecies and instructions from d Spirit thru individual in d early church?

Today we do not have apostles or prophets any longer. This is something that has now dropped off and again I think it’s because the Word is complete as we have it, and there is no longer a need for apostles.

All we need today according to God's program is the office of the evangelist and pastor teachers.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
^^^

but apostle simply means messenger , we are all apostles in that case - smiley

All those with Apostle or Bishop before their names, are most likely frauds.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 1:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
shdemidemi:

Today we do not have apostles or prophets any longer. This is something that has now dropped off and again I think it’s because the Word is complete as we have it, and there is no longer a need for apostles.

All we need today according to God's program is the office of the evangelist and pastor teachers.

Pls can u provide scripture and verse for the bolded, or is it an opinion?

And also, cant a pastor prophesy or give W of K? Cant a teacher of d Word do d same?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 1:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
I think it's quite more than a messenger. An apostle is a special messenger that saw Christ in person.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 1:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
frosbel: ^^^

Bro, someone said "show ur work and we will kno who u really are". Thats d fact of d ministry. Apostles dont sit at home, just reading scriptures and teaching others. Bro, if all are Apostles, then Timothy should b one, Priscilla should be. Paul wont tell Timothy how to appoint a bishop, he would hav said all are Bishop.

Know dt i m not justifying anyone wit such names, but also disagree with moving to d other extreme of believing dt all are frauds.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 1:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
shdemidemi: I think it's quite more than a messenger. An apostle is a special messenger that saw Christ in person.

Any scripture and verse?

U r yet to reply me on d ffgs.

shdemidemi:

And also, cant a pastor prophesy or give W of K? Cant a teacher of d Word do d same?

shdemidemi:

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by nora544: 1:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
So all the apostles in nigeria saw Christ in person, sorry do you realy believe this??

what is with the many miracles that happen in nigeria, you all trust this fake man of God, why you don't read the bible.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
ajayikayod:

1 cor 13 v 8-10 does give us an idea that some spiritual gifts would seize.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 1:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
shdemidemi:

1 cor 13 v 8-10 does give us an idea that some spiritual gifts would seize.

I will appreciate if u dont lift scriptures without considering d context.

1 cor 13 v 8-10
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Ur interpretation suggested dt even knowledge will cease, but we still kno by d Spirit today. If tongue, prophecy by d Spirit has failed now as u said, then knowlegde too has. So we should b most miserable.

U dont make conclusion on things d scriptures doesnt say. Let d scripture interprete itself.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
shdemidemi:

frosbel: ^^^

OMG! shocked
Smh

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bro, someone said "show ur work and we will kno who u really are". Thats d fact of d ministry. Apostles dont sit at home, just reading scriptures and teaching others. Bro, if all are Apostles, then Timothy should b one, Priscilla should be. Paul wont tell Timothy how to appoint a bishop, he would hav said all are Bishop.

Know dt i m not justifying anyone wit such names, but also disagree with moving to d other extreme of believing dt all are frauds.

how does one know he is an apostle ? Is this something God tells him in a dream or vision ? Any why does he need to put Apostle before his name as a title ?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 5:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
ajayikayod:

I will appreciate if u dont lift scriptures without considering d context.

1 cor 13 v 8-10
Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Ur interpretation suggested dt even knowledge will cease, but we still kno by d Spirit today. If tongue, prophecy by d Spirit has failed now as u said, then knowlegde too has. So we should b most miserable.

U dont make conclusion on things d scriptures doesnt say. Let d scripture interprete itself.

Bro verse 9 clearly shows the gifts we have in parts- the gift of teaching (propphecy) and the gift of knowledge

Verse 10 says the gifts in parts (NB: not all the gifts but the ones in part) will seize when we see Christ.

The gifts we need in church today are the gifts of teaching and knowledge/ understanding of scriptures.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 8:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
frosbel:

how does one know he is an apostle ? Is this something God tells him in a dream or vision ? Any why does he need to put Apostle before his name as a title ?

An Apostleship is not in d name but d work. He is a builder, a pioneer. D call of God is not in bearing titles but in labour in ministry as used by d Spirit.

Thr ar many Apostles today who doesnt even bear d name and thr are many others bearing d name without knowledge or call.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 9:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
shdemidemi:

Bro verse 9 clearly shows the gifts we have in parts- the gift of teaching (propphecy) and the gift of knowledge

Verse 10 says the gifts in parts (NB: not all the gifts but the ones in part) will seize when we see Christ.

The gifts we need in church today are the gifts of teaching and knowledge/ understanding of scriptures.

U first gav me vs 8-10, now u said only vs 9. Wat happened to vs 8

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

Ur interpretation is not consistence Bro. Compare to

1 Corinth 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
vs 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
vs 31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way

1 Corinth 13:1 1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
vs 26 26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
vs 39 39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

Does d scriptures above only apply to d early church or d church of Christ at large?
Bro, d manifestation of d Spirit is a present day reality of d church, i wonder wat a gathering it will b if regularly u dont experience such gifts individually and corporately.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 7:17am On Nov 21, 2013
ajayikayod:

U first gav me vs 8-10, now u said only vs 9. Wat happened to vs 8

8 Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.

I did explain 8 as well bro. We have four gifts in verse 8:charity, prophecy(not fore-telling but teaching of the word), tongues and knowledge

One never fails, it stays permanent. (CHARITY/LOVE)

We have prophecy in part as explained in verse 9 (teaching)

We also have knowledge in part as seen in verse 9 (KNOWLEDGE)

Tongues will seize, we do not have that in part like we do with teaching(prophecy) and knowledge (stopped in verse 8 )

The three gifts we have in part and the gift that never cease are the gifts we have in church today.
ajayikayod:
Ur interpretation is not consistence Bro. Compare to

1 Corinth 12:1 Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I would not have you ignorant.
vs 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
vs 31 But covet earnestly the best gifts: and yet shew I unto you a more excellent way
What are the best gifts we should covet?

LOVE, KNOWLEDGE, TEACHING(prophesy)

What’s the purpose for these gifts?
Ephesians 4:12a

"For the perfecting (or maturing) of the saints..."

The gift of God is not for self but for the edification of all. Any gift you think you have that is for self glorification is totally contrary to what Paul stood for and represented in the epistles.

ajayikayod:

1 Corinth 13:1 1 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
vs 26 26 How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.
vs 39 39 Wherefore, brethren, covet to prophesy, and forbid not to speak with tongues.

I don't want to go into these issue of tongues here. My question to u is, do you understand prophecy as used in the epistles is not the same as fore telling future events and it also gives no credence to the 'God said to me' mantra.
ajayikayod:
Does d scriptures above only apply to d early church or d church of Christ at large?
Bro, d manifestation of d Spirit is a present day reality of d church, i wonder wat a gathering it will b if regularly u dont experience such gifts individually and corporately.

Some gifts of the manifestation of the Holy Spirit was given to men at the start of the dispensation of the Holy Spirit. Jesus had said that all these things wld happen and all these gifts wld be made available unto men. The scriptures says

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, God declares, that I will pour out of My Spirit upon all mankind, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy [[b]telling forth the divine counsels] and your young men shall see visions ([c]divinely granted appearances), and your old men shall dream [[d]divinely suggested] dreams.
18 Yes, and on My menservants also and on My maidservants in those days I will pour out of My Spirit, and they shall prophesy [[e]telling forth the divine counsels and [f]predicting future events pertaining especially to God’s kingdom].
19 And I will show wonders in the sky above and signs on the earth beneath, blood and fire and smoking vapor;
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood before the obvious day of the Lord comes—that great and notable and conspicuous and renowned [day].

The last days did not start now, it started just after Christ ascended to heaven. All these wonderful things happened from the day of Pentecost, they were not made to last forever. They had a time to fade away and they did vanish even at the time of the Apostles.

Notice that the 'prophesy' as used in verse 18 above is different from the way it is used in the the epistles. Pls remember the word `prophesy' is not being able to tell the future as we think of Daniel or Isaiah, but to simply speak the Word of God. Share the Word, that's what it is to prophesy, and that's what every believer should desire.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 10:43am On Nov 21, 2013
shdemidemi:

I did explain 8 as well bro. We have four gifts in verse 8:charity, prophecy(not fore-telling but teaching of the word), tongues and knowledge

One never fails, it stays permanent. (CHARITY/LOVE)

We have prophecy in part as explained in verse 9 (teaching)

We also have knowledge in part as seen in verse 9 (KNOWLEDGE)

Tongues will seize, we do not have that in part like we do with teaching(prophecy) and knowledge (stopped in verse 8 )

The three gifts we have in part and the gift that never cease are the gifts we have in church today.

What are the best gifts we should covet?

LOVE, KNOWLEDGE, TEACHING(prophesy)

Bro, u r lifting scriptures to suit ur interpretation.

vs 8 All the special gifts and powers from God will someday come to an end, but love goes on forever. Someday prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge—these gifts will disappear.

Vs 8 clearly mentioned all gift dt will cease. Why considering vs 9 alone without putting vs 8 in context.
Do u actually believ in wat Jesus said in Mark 16:15-18

King James Version (KJV)

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

I believ u kno dt d go ye includes all believers not just d 12 Apostles, also he mentioned preac to every creature. Dt includes u, me and all the world.
Vs 17 mentioned d signs dt will follow d creature (u, me , others) dt believ. He never mentioned it to stop at a time, he said everyone who believe yesterday, today and tommorrow. Ds ar d signs dt accompany every believer. If its going to cease Jesus wont say every believer or he didnt fore see our days?

We ll do well to let d scripture speak by itself.

shdemidemi: What’s the purpose for these gifts?
Ephesians 4:12a

"For the perfecting (or maturing) of the saints..."

The gift of God is not for self but for the edification of all. Any gift you think you have that is for self glorification is totally contrary to what Paul stood for and represented in the epistles.

We are not talking about self glorification here, we are talking about d existence of d Spirit gifts. We enjoy d Spirit power for God's glory.

Paul wrote 1 Corith 14:26
How is it then, brethren? when ye come together, every one of you hath a psalm, hath a doctrine, hath a tongue, hath a revelation, hath an interpretation. Let all things be done unto edifying.

All ds apply to us today, ds is d present state of d church today, d revelation of Christ by d Spirit and the Word.

shdemidemi: I don't want to go into these issue of tongues here. My question to u is, do you understand prophecy as used in the epistles is not the same as fore telling future events and it also gives no credence to the 'God said to me' mantra.

PROPHECY (prophéteia), PROPHESY (propheteuo) as used in 1 Corith 12, I Corith 13, I Corith 14.
STRONGS NT 4394: προφητεία
[i]...discourse emanating from divine inspiration and declaring the purposes of God, whether by reproving and admonishing the wicked, or comforting the afflicted, or revealing things hidden; especially by foretelling future events.[i]

D original confirmed u r wrong. Prophecy as used in d NT greatly support wat u said but much more beyond dt, it includes fore-telling.

shdemidemi: Some gifts of the manifestation of the Holy Spirit was given to men at the start of the dispensation of the Holy Spirit. Jesus had sai
d that all these things wld happen and all these gifts wld be made available unto men. The scriptures says

The last days did not start now, it started just after Christ ascended to heaven. All these wonderful things happened from the day of Pentecost, they were not made to last forever. They had a time to fade away and they did vanish even at the time of the Apostles.

Another insertion by u. Bro, let d scripture says it all, why reading meaning to it.
The last days started after Christ ascension, whr did u see it dt d last day has ended. Ar we in another dispensation? Does d same Spirit still at work in us today?

See Jesus said "ds signs will follow (mentioned no end)
Paul wrote, " D manifestation of d Spirit given to everyone to profit withal" (mentioned no end)
Paul again, " Covet to prophesy and forbid not speaking in tongues" (no ceasing)

Why are u bringing in another gospel to demean d Gospel of Power. See, a man cant experience wat he doesnt believ in. Ur assertion implies dt all d move and revivals of d Spirit after d 12 Apostles till date are faked. Ur extreme position is very dangerous to how much u can receiv from d Spirit and how much he can work thru u.

The existence of fake doesnt make d original cease.

shdemidemi: Notice that the 'prophesy' as used in verse 18 above is different from the way it is used in the the epistles. Pls remember the word `prophesy' is not being able to tell the future as we think of Daniel or Isaiah, but to simply speak the Word of God. Share the Word, that's what it is to prophesy, and that's what every believer should desire.

Not tru as i shown above. It includes all in all.
Ur teaching will hinder d move of d Spirit because u hav narrowed it down to only teaching of d scriptures. Wat about healing, prophecy, W or W, W of K, tongues, interpretation etc.

I flow and enjoy God's Spirit as Christ did and d early church did.
Jesus, d same yesterday, taday and forever. That same spirit is at work in us today, demonstrating Christ ability in us, working thru us in many dimensions.

Finally, bro. I desire dt u open up urself to d Spirit gift as mentioned by Paul (covet earnestly, seek, desire). It will bring a greater dimension to d way u see d scriptures and make d ministry lik more enjoyable.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 21, 2013
shdemidemi: I think it's quite more than a messenger. An apostle is a special messenger that saw Christ in person.
This is not entirely true.Have you considered this scripture?
"Greet Andronicus and Junias, my relatives who have been in prison with me. They are OUTSTANDING AMONG THE APOSTLES, and they were in Christ before i was"( Rom 16:7)
It is clear from this scripture that andronicus and junias(gentile converts) were Apostles before Paul who met the Lord on the road to damascus.And we know that Jesus ministry on earth was first to the Jews before gentiles came in..So i don't think these gentile apostles MET CHRIST IN PERSON.

1 Like

Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 11:23am On Nov 21, 2013
Bidam: This is not entirely true.Have you considered this scripture?
It is clear from this scripture that andronicus and junias(gentile converts) were Apostles before Paul who met the Lord on the road to damascus.And we know that Jesus ministry on earth was first to the Jews before gentiles came in..So i don't think these gentile apostles MET CHRIST IN PERSON.

How did you come to conclude that andronicus and junias were Gentile converts?

Did Paul call them apostles or did he say they were esteemed by the Apostles?
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 11:40am On Nov 21, 2013
ajayikayod:

Bro, u r lifting scriptures to suit ur interpretation.

vs 8 All the special gifts and powers from God will someday come to an end, but love goes on forever. Someday prophecy and speaking in unknown languages and special knowledge—these gifts will disappear.

Vs 8 clearly mentioned all gift dt will cease. Why considering vs 9 alone without putting vs 8 in context
Let's take this one at a time

1 cor 13:10
But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless.

English Standard Version
but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

New American Standard Bible
but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.

King James Bible
But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
But when the perfect comes, the partial will come to an end.

International Standard Version
But when what is complete comes, then what is incomplete will be done away with.

NET Bible
but when what is perfect comes, the partial will be set aside.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
But when perfection shall come, then that which is partial shall be nothing.

Please tell us the gifts we have in part (the partial, temporary)as stated in verse 9.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by shdemidemi(m): 11:48am On Nov 21, 2013
ajayikayod:
Do u actually believ in wat Jesus said in Mark 16:15-18

King James Version (KJV)

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

I believ u kno dt d go ye includes all believers not just d 12 Apostles, also he mentioned preac to every creature. Dt includes u, me and all the world.
Vs 17 mentioned d signs dt will follow d creature (u, me , others) dt believ. He never mentioned it to stop at a time, he said everyone who believe yesterday, today and tommorrow. Ds ar d signs dt accompany every believer. If its going to cease Jesus wont say every believer or he didnt fore see our days?

We ll do well to let d scripture speak by itself.

Jesus said theses SIGNS-

Bro, please define what signs are?

In my words signs are symbols and directions that lead us to a destination.

No wonder the bible say 'Jews believe in signs'...

The destination in this case is the 'good news' of Christ. The signs were helpful cos they led us to the truth of the gospel. We have arrived at the destination, of what use are signs?

Everything Jesus promised happened literally, we saw these signs in the lives of the apostles, But today the gifts have seized. Only God can do what He wants to do when He wants to do it.

Bro, if you drink poison today even as a Christian, it will kill you if you don't get quick medical care.

ajayikayod:

Jesus was speaking to the disciples at this time, of course there were more things Jesus had to say to the church. These things were said through Paul by the Holy Spirit.
Re: God Told Me To Tell You This Or That by ajayikayod: 12:10pm On Nov 21, 2013
shdemidemi:

Jesus said theses SIGNS-

Bro, please define what signs are?

In my words signs are symbols and directions that lead us to a destination.

No wonder the bible say 'Jews believe in signs'...

The destination in this case is the 'good news' of Christ. The signs were helpful cos they led us to the truth of the gospel. We have arrived at the destination, of what use are signs?

Everything Jesus promised happened literally, we saw these signs in the lives of the apostles, But today the gifts have seized. Only God can do what He wants to do when He wants to do it.

Broooooooos, Ahhhhhhh!

Are ds signs for b4 or after we recieve d gospel?
He said ds sign will follow those dt believ (all dt believ) and u said its d Apostles. Whr ar u seeing all ds, ar we using diff bible?

How can d destination b d goodnews whn he said d signs start in a man whn he believes.

Bro, Christ didnt mention d Apostles, he mentioned believers. Ar u one? If u r then its for u.

Act 6:8 And Stephen full of faith and power, did great wonders & miracles among d people. If Stephen can , I can.

The second bolded is not absolutely not tru.

U r just making claims outside d scripture, putting words into it. Why not take it d way its written and let d Spirit interprete.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Satan Works Together With The Lord. They Complement Each Others Work / Phone Ringing During Church Service / Lady With Two Pregnancy Complications, Delivers Naturally After Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.