Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,599 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors (15690 Views)

Umahi Distributes Made-In-Ebonyi Rice To Workers For Christmas (pics) / The Planned Relocation Of Boko Haram Convicts To Anambra Prisons- Obiano Speaks / Politician Distributes Money In Public (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Princess2be(f): 7:22pm On Nov 19, 2013
Governor Peter Obi of Anambra State on Monday distributed 58 brand new cars to Directors in the state Civil Service, the first Governor since the state was created to do so. Governor Obi presented the vehicles at the Governor’s Lodge.

Obi said the gesture was a fulfilment of his earlier promise and demonstration of his commitment to encourage and motivate workers and assured that he would continue to provide all necessary incentives that would enable workers improve on productivity as well as continue working for the state till the last day of his government.

In his appreciation, the state Head of Service, Chidi Ezeoke, while thanking the Governor for the gesture, recalled that it was the first time a Governor provided such incentive since the Old Anambra State.

Ezeoke noted that Obi has brought smiles to the faces of civil servants and called on other Governors to follow his footsteps to assist workers to attain their full potential.

The state Head of Service explained that the vehicles would enhance the activities of the Directors being the hub of the Civil Service and expressed the hope that the State would never slide back to its difficult past.

In the separate reactions, some of the beneficiaries, including Harry Udu and Godwin Uzoigwe, said the Governor had given an unprecedented life line to the state workforce and was leaving legacy posterity would always be proud of. He assured that they would reciprocate the gesture by working harder and diligently to achieve the set goals

Also reacting, Azuka Okeke said it was surprising to them where the Governor got all the billions of Naira he was spending for the progress and development of the state.

He, however, said it was possible due to his fiscal discipline and responsibility.
http://dailyindependentnig.com/2013/11/obi-distributes-new-cars-to-anambra-directors/
Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by nedufantasy(m): 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
Now let me see those that will still call it campaign

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by immortalcrown(m): 7:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
Good governance for some people = bad governance to others. National cake
Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by owobokiri(m): 7:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
All these in the 11th hour?

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by MayorofLagos(m): 7:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
Why wouldnt he, sitting on a state with less than 2million registered voters..he has far too much money to know what to use it for, just buy and distribute expensive gifts. cool

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
Should I now congratulate him for that?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by MayorofLagos(m): 7:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
berem: Should I now congratulate him for that?

grin grin Give him trophy for the best governor
Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Pukkah: 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2013
The poor man is in serious trouble in this country. To make matters worse for the hapless masses, there's no help in sight. Politicians waste money anyhow and are driven by selfish interest.

There is no adequate drinking water or sanitation. Yet these leaders continue to squander money.

This is the same state where a market went up in flames recently and some of the traders attempted to jump inside the raging fire.

https://www.nairaland.com/1483088/fire-guts-onitsha-market-traders

Politicians! Nigeria!!!

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by asha80(m): 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
maybe he is doing it for elections lol
Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by AtlanticBreeze: 8:08pm On Nov 19, 2013
Always saying first governor in the state to do so when he has been the only person to rule the state for 8 years and dashing gifts in the 8th year to solicit votes. Criminal

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by AtlanticBreeze: 8:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
asha 80: maybe he is doing it for elections lol
yes, not maybe, This is his 8th and the election is not over yet so keep the lol to yourself, clown.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 19, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

grin grin Give him trophy for the best governor
Ok, he has from now till Feb 2014 to do all the miracles he wants to perform. That won't cover up for the 7 and half years wasted. grin

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Iceman296: 9:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
I Hope Willy- Willy Obiano Won't Disappoint Like Him ( That's if he Eventually Wins).
Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by ChimaAgbalajob: 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
Let development continue in Anambra.

The people of Anambra know those willing to work for them and those desperadoes wanting to loot their treasury to make money to pay for Asiwaju's debt and Buhari's 2015 campaign.

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by oluwashaddow(m): 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2013
u can't just be giving out gift using public funds I think dere is a procedure for d purchase of vehicles for civil servants, where d money is been deducted from deir salary, if u start giving out cars for free now n allow dis people get too excited for something dat is wrong,if d next governor refused to do dis,don't u think he will be seen as enemy of d civil servant, wen actually he is doing d rite thing

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Pukkah: 10:44pm On Nov 19, 2013
Chima_Agbalajob: Let development continue in Anambra.

How does giving out cars to a few select people equal to development?

Do you know the meaning of economic development at all?

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by kasiem(m): 11:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
berem: Ok, he has from now till Feb 2014 to do all the miracles he wants to perform. That won't cover up for the 7 and half years wasted. grin
this is a person that has never set foot on anambra o

9 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Nobody: 11:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
he is wasting the money needed by the new governor to develop the state
peter adaobi
Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by kasiem(m): 11:59pm On Nov 19, 2013
re@lchange:
he is wasting the money needed by the new governor to develop the state
peter adaobi
in my village alone, which is ezinifite, we
have two secondary schools and internet
servers were mounted in each of them,
two million naira was given to each of
them for re-equiping the lab and library,
ten million was given to each of them for
total renovation, a new school was totally
built in another part of d villa, the village
health centre was renovated to a high
standard, a new maternity was built in
another part of d villa, security vans with
liters of fuel was provided, a pipe borne
water in front of my dad's compound,
laptops and desktops were shared to the
secondary schools in my village etc, so
with all these why wont my villa vote for
apga? If my villa could vote for apga so
would all other villas do cos all the villas
gained these things and more. Forget that
obi is not a media governor he is doing
things in villas. pls, remember that obi
singlehandedly built our new site and
university teaching hospital unlike ngige who
never erected any block in our school. can one
state what ngige achieved for us pls?
I can't afford to shit away my destiny in vip toilets

16 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by IGBOSON1: 12:04am On Nov 20, 2013
Pukkah:

How does giving out cars to a few select people equal to development?

Do you know the meaning of economic development at all?

^^^I think he was speaking tongue-in-cheek......well, i hope he was anyway!

@Topic: This is 21st century vision-led governance at work, and in no way smacks of desperation to please and get as many top shots on-side as possible. This is the type of governance that will see Anambra rubbing shoulders with the likes of Singapore and the UAE......hopefully within the next ten years!

I hope Willie -if he's eventually confirmed- continues exactly in Obis' footsteps, and copies his style of governance, so Anambra can be fast-tracked towards economic prosperity! They deserve it!

smiley

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Zonacom(m): 12:11am On Nov 20, 2013
owobokiri: All these in the 11th hour?
better LATE than NEVER. Would you rather he stepped down with the state's money unutilized?
Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Zonacom(m): 12:12am On Nov 20, 2013
berem: Should I now congratulate him for that?
Your congratulations is not needed. Not at all cos it would go unheard

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Brimmie(m): 12:13am On Nov 20, 2013
Deep Inside The Heart Of Ppl Of Anambra.. They're Sad Abt Obi's Government.

SMHISM - Shaking My Head In Slow Motion sad
Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Zonacom(m): 12:18am On Nov 20, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: Why wouldnt he, sitting on a state with less than 2million registered voters..he has far too much money to know what to use it for, just buy and distribute expensive gifts. cool
Lessthan 2mil voters and so? So in your ignorant mind 1.7 mil voters translates to 1.7 mil state population shey? FYI, anambra has voter apathy issues. If every anambra resident above 18 should register for elections, then the voters population should atleast be about 4mil
Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Nobody: 12:18am On Nov 20, 2013
kasiem: this is a person that has never set foot on anambra o
I have never set foot in anambra,where do I pass on my way to Imo state?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Zonacom(m): 12:20am On Nov 20, 2013
AtlanticBreeze:
yes, not maybe, This is his 8th and the election is not over yet so keep the lol to yourself, clown.
Your post echoes anger and dissapointment. Dont be too hard on yourself bro

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Zonacom(m): 12:24am On Nov 20, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I think he was speaking tongue-in-cheek......well, i hope he was anyway!

@Topic: This is 21st century vision-led governance at work, and in no way smacks of desperation to please and get as many top shots on-side as possible. This is the type of governance that will see Anambra rubbing shoulders with the likes of Singapore and the UAE......hopefully within the next ten years!

I hope Willie -if he's eventually confirmed- continues exactly in Obis' footsteps, and copies his style of governance, so Anambra can be fast-tracked towards economic prosperity! They deserve it!

smiley
Never knew you support obi's style of leadership. Used to think you are freeglobe's twin
Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Zonacom(m): 12:26am On Nov 20, 2013
berem: I have never set foot in anambra,where do I pass on my way to Imo state?
Funny. So by driving through onitsha owerri express you think you have stepped foot on anambra?

3 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by Zonacom(m): 12:29am On Nov 20, 2013
Brimmie: Deep Inside The Heart Of Ppl Of Anambra.. They're Sad Abt Obi's Government.

SMHISM - Shaking My Head In Slow Motion sad
How do you know that? Seriously i wonder why you guys are so interested in anambra's politics. Are we that important?

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by MayorofLagos(m): 2:10am On Nov 20, 2013
Zona.com:

Lessthan 2mil voters and so? So in your ignorant mind 1.7 mil voters translates to 1.7 mil state population shey? FYI, anambra has voter apathy issues. If every anambra resident above 18 should register for elections, then the voters population should atleast be about 4mil

Voter registration is a sneak peek of manpower. You are looking at the data, for most part, of people capable of employment and production and will generate most of the indices to measure social growth - IGR, GDP, gender representation, diversity and civic awareness.

If 4million is your estimate for full participation and currently you are performing below 50% it goes to show that more than 50% Anambra people are still illiterate on civic responsibilities and rights and the political leaders in that state are selected by the minority.

The political standard and flagstaff of Ibo nation ought to reside in Imo state where almost 75% of the people are conversant and participate actively in their choice for public administrators.

Regionally, Imo State is politically ahead of Anambra.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Distributes Cars To Anambra Directors by ifechez: 6:32am On Nov 20, 2013
Pukkah: The poor man is in serious trouble in this country. To make matters worse for the hapless masses, there's no help in sight. Politicians waste money anyhow and are driven by selfish interest.

There is no adequate drinking water or sanitation. Yet these leaders continue to squander money.

This is the same state where a market went up in flames recently and some of the traders attempted to jump inside the raging fire.

https://www.nairaland.com/1483088/fire-guts-onitsha-market-traders

Politicians! Nigeria!!!

You are evil! so you went as far as bringing up news that is 1 month old to discredit the Governor. anuofia

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Confusion Trails ADC’s Purported Endorsement Of Obi, Atiku, Tinubu / Fulani Herdsmen Ra.pe Newly Wed In Ogun / Osinbajo: Femi Adesina’s Book Gave Honest Account Of Buhari As President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.