Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,721 members, 7,813,376 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong - TV/Movies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong (44939 Views)

The Nollywood Industry Is Dying Slowly / Is Nollywood A Worthy Movie-industry? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by weyreypey: 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
alabi484:

Please, don't get my point twisted...IT is my opinion which I am entitled to...I hardly come across YORUBA film LOVERS...not NOLLLYWOOD o who have have wide knowledge and can take on really intelligent discuss. ...it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't serious with life, they do but the ones I know are mostly shallow minded...I should have explained this much in the first post.
You are correct

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by Uyomeyouyo: 10:10pm On Jun 24, 2019
weyreypey:

Izzit your TV?

Who is complaining
Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by Uyomeyouyo: 10:14pm On Jun 24, 2019
babzo:

I didnt say there are many non Yoruba actors, i said there are many Movies that feature such actors.

What is nonsense about responding in another language in a country with 200 languages where EVERYONE speaks 2 or more languages.
You have a movie set in 2019 and you pretend EVERYONE speaks just one language, when in reality, practically no one in that part of the country does that.

There is nothing wrong in having a movie where just Yoruba is spoken like the movie Oduduwa, there is also nothing wrong in having a movie where Yoruba is mixed with English; to each his own, its still a free country.

Mixing languages while speaking at time is a bad speaking culture. Only South Africans do this. It's a sign that the one language is at risk. Africa Magic Igbo took time to come to existence because Igbo films were recorded in English. Now we Yorubas are gradually making same mistake.

You will never find a French man no matter how versed in English speak both French and English at the same time. And same goes for an English man, German, Spaniard etc
Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by babzo(m): 11:58pm On Jun 24, 2019
Uyomeyouyo:

Mixing languages while speaking at time is a bad speaking culture. Only South Africans do this. It's a sign that the one language is at risk. Africa Magic Igbo took time to come to existence because Igbo films were recorded in English. Now we Yorubas are gradually making same mistake.

You will never find a French man no matter how versed in English speak both French and English at the same time. And same goes for an English man, German, Spaniard etc

Every language eventually dies bro and new ones arise.
Where is Latin today? No one spoke English or French 1500 yeara ago.
Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by YorubaHub(m): 9:38am On Jun 25, 2019
Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by Uyomeyouyo: 8:46pm On Jun 25, 2019
babzo:

Every language eventually dies bro and new ones arise.
Where is Latin today? No one spoke English or French 1500 yeara ago.

I disagree!

Yiddish isn't dead.

Latin isn't dead. Italians speak Latin.

How old is the King James Version of the Bible English was being spoken before it was written. So was French. Get your facts right.

Arabic isn't dead.
Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by babzo(m): 11:50pm On Jun 25, 2019
Uyomeyouyo:

I disagree!

Yiddish isn't dead.

Latin isn't dead. Italians speak Latin.

How old is the King James Version of the Bible English was being spoken before it was written. So was French. Get your facts right.

Arabic isn't dead.

Get my facts right? Lol. Bro, look in the mirror. Italians do not speak Latin. I studied Latin in school, Italian is not Latin.
Everything that has a beginning will have an end. EVERY language will die, either by being completely wiped out or metamorphosing into something unrecognizable from the way it was previously spoken.

King James version of the Bible was compiled in 1611.

Enjoy your evening young man.
Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by Uyomeyouyo: 9:44pm On Jun 26, 2019
babzo:

Get my facts right? Lol. Bro, look in the mirror. Italians do not speak Latin. I studied Latin in school, Italian is not Latin.
Everything that has a beginning will have an end. EVERY language will die, either by being completely wiped out or metamorphosing into something unrecognizable from the way it was previously spoken.

King James version of the Bible was compiled in 1611.

Enjoy your evening young man.

English was being spoken long before KJV of the Bible was written.

It is not yet time for Yoruba to die. In fact, Yoruba may never die. All these Yoruba artistes forming posh will soon be cut to size.

Any language to which the Bible has been translated may never die!
Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by babzo(m): 10:48pm On Jun 26, 2019
Uyomeyouyo:

English was being spoken long before KJV of the Bible was written.

It is not yet time for Yoruba to die. In fact, Yoruba may never die. All these Yoruba artistes forming posh will soon be cut to size.

Any language to which the Bible has been translated may never die!

Good work young man. Keep it up!
Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by Uyomeyouyo: 7:56pm On Jun 27, 2019
babzo:

Good work young man. Keep it up!

I served over 10 years ago, are you sure you are older than I am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by babzo(m): 8:30pm On Jun 27, 2019
Uyomeyouyo:

I served over 10 years ago, are you sure you are older than I am

grin I served over 17 years ago in Dikwa , when it was one of the most peaceful towns in the world, before it became the temporary headquarters of Boko Haram!
Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by Tunbolity(m): 6:40am On Jun 28, 2019
SweetBuns:
In case you dont know, this made fp
Thanks, I saw it this morning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by Tunbolity(m): 6:43am On Jun 28, 2019
MetaPhysical:
OP,
I couldn't write down my thoughts on this provoking subject earlier but I gave commitment to put something down as input.

We spend good amount of time blaming our retrogression on Nigeria but I believe majority of our problem is our own doing. The topic you opened covers many areas and aspects of our culture but in order not to digress from the main issue I will focus myself with the precise issue of Yoruba Screen Entertainment.

Who determines who shall be a celebrity, and how is that selection made? What is the authority that determines which produced movie we will see and which we will not? Who determines what scripts to finance and produce and which one to reject?

Whoever these authorities are, knowingly or unknowingly, they control the future of Yoruba Cultural exchange across the globe. Here is my next question.... Are these authorities registered with any Oodua Socio-Cultural Commission or Group?
Looking back on the right up, I must say the whole situation has gone from bad to worse in which thoughts of opinion moulders like you would be appreciated. so I look forward to reading your thoughts
Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by Tunbolity(m): 6:46am On Jun 28, 2019
Tsam96:
Like some people already noted OP didn't even mention that cogent issues and only focused on the part of the problem that suits him the most.. like seriously, what has d name got to do with the quality of Yoruba movies...so they shud use names like chicken, bulldog, hyena to depict criminals or what.. All I see in this post is religious sentimentalism..
Abuse of names was the rave of the moment, look back from 2013 till date, the narratives have changed and I would welcome opinions on other aspects which Nollywood generally has lost track
Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by Tunbolity(m): 6:47am On Jun 28, 2019
CEOwatazs:
please is the OP still alive? if no... den fu#k dx moderator fr delaying to push thread lik dx but will be in a haste to forward tontoV(R)egina posts dx dayx
I'm alive and I get wings to fly...LOL
Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by CEOwatazs: 7:19am On Jun 28, 2019
Tunbolity:
I'm alive and I get wings to fly...LOL

smiles.......

hahahahahaha.

alive n kicking shey?.... datx ghud.

continue to live long in ghud health. #bless
Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by Uyomeyouyo: 8:22pm On Jun 28, 2019
babzo:

grin I served over 17 years ago in Dikwa , when it was one of the most peaceful towns in the world, before it became the temporary headquarters of Boko Haram!

Okay then. You are older than I am. But you are also a young man still. By God's grace I am a father of 2 for now... cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by babzo(m): 9:01pm On Jun 28, 2019
Uyomeyouyo:

Okay then. You are older than I am. But you are also a young man still. By God's grace I am a father of 2 for now... cool

Well done. Make sure you continue to be a good father! The Lord bless your efforts and crown them with success.
Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by Nostradamus: 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2019
alabi484:

Please, don't get my point twisted...IT is my opinion which I am entitled to...I hardly come across YORUBA film LOVERS...not NOLLLYWOOD o who have have wide knowledge and can take on really intelligent discuss. ...it doesn't necessarily mean they aren't serious with life, they do but the ones I know are mostly shallow minded...I should have explained this much in the first post.
i have always hate having a chat with fierce lovers of Yoruba movies,a large number of them(especially the ladies)always reason oddly,this makes me believe you might actually be right.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Movie Industry Is Getting It Wrong by Uyomeyouyo: 11:01pm On Jun 28, 2019
babzo:

Well done. Make sure you continue to be a good father! The Lord bless your efforts and crown them with success.

Amen. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Best Movie You Watched In 2018? / Davido: I Want Omashola To Win BBNaija. Tacha, Kim Oprah, Omashola My Friends / Photos From Big Brother Naija Saturday Night Party Week 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.