Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats (40253 Views)

He-goats Try To Rape Another Goat (video) / Hidden Cameras Capture Forest Elephant's Activity In South-west Nigeria / Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by unmask: 4:55pm On Nov 20, 2013
innovative.....kenya can actually win all medals in distance races......just put a dead goat at the starting line and tell the guy that the cheetah that killed it is at the finish line......then watch the magic

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Sagamite(m): 4:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
sCun: Animals chased and caught an animal. No surprise then.

person, is that the reasoning you were taught to employ at your failed Nigerian school where teachers cannot read their own certificates?

Bloody useless human being.

3 Likes

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by meforyou1(m): 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
bufness: not surprised cheetahs re short distance runners not endurance runners
BTW:if na lion dem no go pursue am o
google youtube video of kenyan men stealing carcass from lions

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by mithel(m): 5:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
The cheetah be like :"awon weyrey,them wan make i die,yeye people be chasing me for four miles,i no fit catch breath sef,abeg i surrender jejely....." it was wailing sef, like ewooo ewwooo Won fe pa mi, but oluwa wa, won fe she milise oooo grin grin
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by chimex38: 5:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
safedriveng:

That was as far as Okeke can see and believe. To a man that sees possibilty, notin can stop him. Som said no object cld fly in the air but someone else believ its possible and saw it to reality.

prove me wrong & stop quotin idioms & poverbs
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by bufness(m): 5:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
me_for_you: google youtube video of kenyan men stealing carcass from lions
I don't nid 2 natgeowild has showed me enof
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by delegiwa(m): 5:15pm On Nov 20, 2013
firestar: Those cheetahs ought to have their spots bleached. And those men, given 'spotted' medals. Seriously.

You got me rolling on the floor! Damn!!! Your post is apt!

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by chimex38: 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
omodapson:

Some incidences defy logic, what is being reported is one of them.

my friend dis is impossible..unless d cheetah was in am enclosed area... Besides it will fight 4 its life & probably attack dem.. Whom accordin 2 d story seem weaponless
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by aytevans(m): 5:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
Cheetahs are good runner, they take off faster than any other animals but their weakness starts when their temperature begins to raise. Couple with the hot weather, their temperature increases 4 times the human temperature does making them weak and they have to slow down or stop else they die.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Rayvene(f): 5:22pm On Nov 20, 2013
plusfield: Wow! Over a distance of four miles till the cheetas got tired? How on earth do we ever bother contesting in marathon runs with these breed of people?

I wonder oo.
190: and later nigerians go dey follow these kenyan's compete for running grin grin grin

As in ehnn grin grin grin

4 miles?Damn.Those niggahs are badass shocked
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
A Cheetah can accelerate more than a ferrari. But its race start to decline after 20 seconds which it must stop or else it dies.

But those people try shaaa.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by mikelagos: 5:26pm On Nov 20, 2013
ayusco85: [b][/b]Chai see meat o kiss.

Why them waste their time dey run 4miles? Wen they cld ve used a bow and arrow like the one used in "The gods must be crazy?

Those are Namibians in the Kalahari not Kenyans
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by mikelagos: 5:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
Gepheral: Hehehehehehe... Those hunters must have taken 'Bolt powerhorse' to be able to capture the fastest animal on earth... Thought Kenyans were only good at jogging; could it be that the cheetahs were tricked into jogging too??
Have you seen those Kenyan marathon runners? They run marathons at almost sprinting pace.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by chimex38: 5:28pm On Nov 20, 2013
njokusboy:

First of all, cheetahs aren't as daring as lions and hyenas, they are smaller in comparison and scared of humans, they can't even take on larger preys like a buffalo for instance, they even fear humans, a full grown man can fend off a cheetah with an ordinary stick..
Secondly, cheetahs are short distance sprinters as are most carnivores, the faster they are, the more easily they get exhausted, humans actually have more endurance, so if u can sustain the chase, u can actually wear them out..
Chase a dog for a long distance and u would catch it, that is, if you don't give up... I think that about sums it up...

not supported.. Dier initial acceleration is enough 2 give humans a zero view dat u loose right of dem....unless d area is enclosed.
Besides..... kenyans are long distane loggers not long distance runners...certainly not enough 2 capture a cheetah
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by AbuMikey(m): 5:29pm On Nov 20, 2013

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by seangy4konji: 5:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
na skill be dat...Give Usain Bolt run for your money!!!
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by chimex38: 5:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
Abu Mikey:

[img]http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/24567iF290BCD3A074232F/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1[/img]
[size=28pt]Its a Lie!![/size]

FIXED
At last some1 is tinkin right wit me.....we cant fall 4 every story...what happened 2 our HEADS
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by mikelagos: 5:35pm On Nov 20, 2013
bufness: not surprised cheetahs re short distance runners not endurance runners
BTW:if na lion dem no go pursue am o

Kenyan's(Maasai's to be specific) have actually stolen meat from a pack of 15 hungry Lions before. Those Maasai's are brave like hell. Even when the British colonizers came to Kenya, it took them a while to penetrate through Maasailand. Everyone was scared of Maasais. When Maasai went to war they killed every living thing except animals. No tribe ever wanted to mess with Maasais, they controlled the biggest chunk of Kenya those days.

Here the Video link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu90n0QRKFo

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by dozai: 5:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
chimex38: Like dey say.birds of a feather flock 2gether....who beta dan 2 chase & catch dose cheetah

but wait O! How 4 armless kenyan men with dier thin & muscleless body capture 2 cheetah?
Besides the cheetahs initial acceleration is enough 2 give dem an unreachable distance even if na jamaican bolt.

Besides d kenyans are long[slow] distance runners not short[fast] distance runners not 2 4get d fact dat we're
talkin about d fastest animal on Earth.... Even a Dog on a run cant b caught.
this is practicaly impossible accordin 2 P.N. OKEKEs Physics
Cheetahs are the fastest animal but can only run for 30 seconds or their brain will overheat and next is death. Thats why among the carnivores, They are not on top of the food chain, even wolves are above them, I guess they were given a slow but steady marathon race but they themselves can only run at high speed for 30 seconds. Thats how they were wired, Its a fact.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by katordidi(m): 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
Oboy! Last last na de cheetahs dull sha
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by felzylix(m): 5:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
ayusco85:

U need special glasses. tongue. Sorry to burst ur bubbles, u made second page
you need a special English teacher, he is talkin topic owk?
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by chimex38: 5:47pm On Nov 20, 2013
dozai: Cheetahs are the fastest animal but can only run for 30 seconds or their brain will overheat and next is death. Thats why among the carnivores, They are not on top of the food chain, even wolves are above them, I guess they were given a slow but steady marathon race but they themselves can only run at high speed for 30 seconds. Thats how they were wired, Its a fact.

30seconds!
Fact 4rm where....and u believed...not d cheetah i watch no documentary chasin dier prey 4 a long time...

BTW.........they're not high on d food chain as prey hunters as catchin a prey requires more of skill dan speed...
Wolves usually go as herd...hence more successful...GOT DAT!
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
ayusco85: [b][/b]Chai see meat o kiss.

Why them waste their time dey run 4miles? Wen they cld ve used a bow and arrow like the one used in "The gods must be crazy?
because it is a crime to kill the animal.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
OYA PHYSIOLOGIST IN THE HOUSE GIVE US THE SECRET OR DOCTORS/MEDICINE STUDENTS WILL TAKE UR GLORY. LET'S GO
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by odegood: 5:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dat is a big lie. A cheetah can run at a top speed of 119km/h which is like speed of some cars on highway. A cheetah can also run upto 3minutes before getting tired. Despite cheetahs are short sprinters, it is not enough for a human to catch it by chasing. Human can only run at top speed of 50km/h. So it is impossible. There is more to the story

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Starchitect: 5:59pm On Nov 20, 2013
chimex38: Like dey say.birds of a feather flock 2gether....who beta dan 2 chase & catch dose cheetah

but wait O! How 4 armless kenyan men with dier thin & muscleless body capture 2 cheetah?
Besides the cheetahs initial acceleration is enough 2 give dem an unreachable distance even if na jamaican bolt.

Besides d kenyans are long[slow] distance runners not short[fast] distance runners not 2 4get d fact dat we're
talkin about d fastest animal on Earth.... Even a Dog on a run cant b caught.
this is practicaly impossible accordin 2 P.N. OKEKEs Physics

Cheetahs cannot run on top speed for more than 21 seconds.If they do without taking a significant break,they'll die.I think you should rephrase your statement as unarmed men,not armless men.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by chimex38: 6:00pm On Nov 20, 2013
odegood :
Dat is a big lie. A cheetah can run at a top speed of 119km/h which is like speed of some cars on highway. A cheetah can also run upto 3minutes before getting tired. Despite cheetahs are short sprinters, it is not enough for a human to catch it by chasing. Human can only run at top speed of 50km/h. So it is impossible. There is more to the story
FIXED!
GBAM!!
SECONDED!!! &
THIRDED!!!!
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by naptu2: 6:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ishilove:
My thoughts exactly. I thought cheetah's run at 50km/h? The men must have used an automobile to chase the animals.

The report said that they hunted down the cheetah. It didn't say that they outran it. The report isn't strange to me.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by bufness(m): 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
mikelagos:

Kenyan's(Maasai's to be specific) have actually stolen meat from a pack of 15 hungry Lions before. Those Maasai's are brave like hell. Even when the British colonizers came to Kenya, it took them a while to penetrate through Maasailand. Everyone was scared of Maasais. When Maasai went to war they killed every living thing except animals. No tribe ever wanted to mess with Maasais, they controlled the biggest chunk of Kenya those days.

Here the Video link

I sed pursue lions like day did to d cheetahs not steal from 'em
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by bufness(m): 6:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
mikelagos:

Here the Video link

I sed pursue lions like day did to d cheetahs not steal from 'em angry
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by chimex38: 6:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
Starchitect:

Cheetahs cannot run on top speed for more than 21 seconds.If they do without taking a significant break,they'll die.I think you should rephrase your statement as unarmed men,not armless men.

no animal in d world can run 4 as low as 21sec. & get tired. Reason na..
BTW tanx 4 d correction
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by philfearon(m): 6:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
packman: Kenyan villagers chase down pair of super-fast cheetahs

VILLAGERS in Kenya have chased down and captured two cheetahs that were killing their goats.

The goat's owner has told the BBC the cheetahs had been preying on the animals one by one, day by day.

Four men in the north-east of the African nation chased down the cats over a distance of four miles.

By the end the cheetahs, the fastest-running animals on Earth, were so tired they could not run anymore.

The villagers captured them alive before safely handing them over to the Kenya Wildlife Service.

Goats and other livestock are a crucial part of the economy for the Kenyan-Somali population living in the barren north-east of Kenya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhaPS7yDcPQ
Reminds The Day We hunted for,chased and Killed a Wolf!! It really felt great...Did it as a kid though!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yemi Akinyemi Dele Selected By Yusaku Maezawa For Moon Trip / Nickel Discovery In Nigeria: What, Where & Why Nickel Is Used / The Blood Moon Appears Today - What Do You Need To Know About It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.