Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats (40270 Views)

He-goats Try To Rape Another Goat (video) / Hidden Cameras Capture Forest Elephant's Activity In South-west Nigeria / Leopard Saves Baby Baboon After Killing its Mother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by logica(m): 6:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
It is general knowledge that cheetahs while able to run fast in short bursts do not have the stamina to last in a long race.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Psylas(m): 6:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
Ishilove:
My thoughts exactly. I thought cheetah's run at 50km/h? The men must have used an automobile to chase the animals.
automobile in bush or on tard? No mind them, na trap dem use catch am! U can't chase an ordinary dog and chatch it, talkless of animal that looks like tiger
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Psylas(m): 6:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

Cheetahs are the fastest animal, but they can do this over a short distance.
so 4 miles na short distance?
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by akee01(m): 6:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
end tym things
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by timmy7(m): 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2013
dozai: Cheetahs are the fastest animal but can only run for 30 seconds or their brain will overheat and next is death. Thats why among the carnivores, They are not on top of the food chain, even wolves are above them, I guess they were given a slow but steady marathon race but they themselves can only run at high speed for 30 seconds. Thats how they were wired, Its a fact.
Leave him, let him continue quoting P. N Okeke, when all he should have done was to simple read up on cheetahs anatomy, lifestyle etc. Anyway Nigerians are too theoretical!

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Starchitect: 6:23pm On Nov 20, 2013
chimex38:

no animal in d world can run 4 as low as 21sec. & get tired. Reason na..
BTW tanx 4 d correction

21 on TOP SPEED I said.a cheetah reaches top speed but can't sustain that speed for a long time or else it will die,if it doesn't catch the prey within that time,it will promptly abandon the chase.You can do your research if you like. I believe the story,I think the men wore it out as we've been told,you know the kenyans are naturally talented long distance runners,the cheetah can never run such a long range at full speed at one single dash.

You're welcome.

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by dimdim001(m): 6:27pm On Nov 20, 2013
Mehn! Dem get mind oo...food for thought ~> don't play with a Kenyan man's food grin
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by holatoj(m): 6:29pm On Nov 20, 2013
chimex38: Like dey say.birds of a feather flock 2gether....who beta dan 2 chase & catch dose cheetah

but wait O! How 4 armless kenyan men with dier thin & muscleless body capture 2 cheetah?
Besides the cheetahs initial acceleration is enough 2 give dem an unreachable distance even if na jamaican bolt.

Besides d kenyans are long[slow] distance runners not short[fast] distance runners not 2 4get d fact dat we're
talkin about d fastest animal on Earth.... Even a Dog on a run cant b caught.
this is practicaly impossible accordin 2 P.N. OKEKEs Physics

cheetahs ain't d fastest animals on earth , cheetahs are only d fastest animal on land
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by richoko60: 6:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
Pure case of hunter hunted, NGEO WILD
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by chimex38: 6:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
Starchitect:

21 on TOP SPEED I said.a cheetah reaches top speed but can't sustain that speed for a long time or else it will die,if it doesn't catch the prey within that time,it will promptly abandon the chase.You can do your research if you like. I believe the story,I think the men wore it out as we've been told,you know the kenyans are naturally talented long distance runners,the cheetah can never run such a long range at full speed at one single dash.

You're welcome.

21 ON TOP SPEED IS ENOUGH 4 D KENYANS TO LOOSE TRACK OF IT CONSIDERIN ITS HIGH ACCELERATION.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by alexola20(m): 6:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 20, 2013
according to natgeo wild cheetahs cant run fast for long because of over heatin .juhs like a car...if dey run for too long widowt rest d heat generated can kill dem...xo not suprising..i cud actually catch a cheetah..slow nd steady...
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by paulworld(m): 7:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sorry I couldn't read through, but they chased or hungered that creature,
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
chimex38:

not supported.. Dier initial acceleration is enough 2 give humans a zero view dat u loose right of dem....unless d area is enclosed.
Besides..... kenyans are long distane loggers not long distance runners...certainly not enough 2 capture a cheetah

Lolzzz, they can't kip up dat speed for long.. Ofcourse u know sprinting and trying to evade a chaser are two different things, running away from someone or sumtin involves several twists and turns, so u can't be running at maximum speed except u re on a track or straight path which is highly unlikely... That was probably d case with the cheetah...
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by raficki87(m): 7:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
in kenyan villages one of the rights of passage before you be a man is to catch a lofe antelope(a fast animal) so the young man goes out with two older men with a container of water so they chase the antelope. you should note that this chase is more of tracking the animal through its footprint so most of the race they dont see the antelope, as they track and get closer to it bcuz of the noise and movement the antelope runs again before it rest properly so accumulared fatigue and most especially dehydration and the hot sun after about 4-5 hours the antelope wont run again even when it hears footsteps due to fatigue
NB:the final 2-5 kilometers is done only by the young guy trying to be a man/adult. and when he catches it he kneels down and pray to the gods for the meal before he slits its throat.
so you guys that dont believe should not be myopic because this is a long/endurance race +they had water with them which the animals dont. and they dont use bows and arrows bcuz its a sin. you must capture an animal and PRAY TO THE GODS ;if not you are comiting an abomination

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by raficki87(m): 7:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
chimex38:

21 ON TOP SPEED IS ENOUGH 4 D KENYANS TO LOOSE TRACK OF IT CONSIDERIN ITS HIGH ACCELERATION.
yh but kenyans are expert trackers they can touch a footprint and roughly estimate when it was made .read my last post so u'd understand its a part of their culture

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by paranorman(m): 7:18pm On Nov 20, 2013
chimex38: Like dey say.birds of a feather flock 2gether....who beta dan 2 chase & catch dose cheetah

but wait O! How 4 armless kenyan men with dier thin & muscleless body capture 2 cheetah?
Besides the cheetahs initial acceleration is enough 2 give dem an unreachable distance even if na jamaican bolt.

Besides d kenyans are long[slow] distance runners not short[fast] distance runners not 2 4get d fact dat we're

dude, i got ur point. They arent actually behind the animals in the pursuit. No way they could have outran those 'machine on four runners'. Lemme remind ya, they are crude; classic africans with animal trackin skiils, they are 'wild' and natural in their physiology. Civilization and technolgical developments has taken this ability from most of us.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by sCun: 7:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sagamite:

person, is that the reasoning you were taught to employ at your failed Nigerian school where teachers cannot read their own certificates?

Bloody useless human being.
I wasn't taught by such teachers ''bro''.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by bolayei: 7:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
we africans were really africans not people from different countries, abi una no see hausa people?
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Sagamite(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2013
sCun: I wasn't taught by such teachers ''bro''.

Then why are you so much of a person?

Why is it everything that comes from you seems to scream person?

You don't seem mentally refined enough to function in an educated and progressive setting. Are you saying your education is not a key contributor to that?

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by kwajahafiz(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2013

Cheetahs are the fastest land animals, however they have a tendency to overheat, just as a car does. so to compensate for thier compromised lungs, they can only sustain the very blinding speed for short periods, fortunately for them, that's all it takes to catch and kill an impala, thier common prey. Now a marathoner chasing a cheetahs in the wide open ranges of the Serengeti has an advantage of sustainability, even on a trot, as sooner or later he will catch up with the severely tired cheetah, sitting somewhere under a shade catching his breath from his initial burst of speed.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by kwajahafiz(m): 7:39pm On Nov 20, 2013

Cheetahs are the fastest land animals, however they have a tendency to overheat, just as a car does. so to compensate for thier compromised lungs, they can only sustain the very blinding speed for short periods, fortunately for them, that's all it takes to catch and kill an impala, thier common prey. Now a marathoner chasing a cheetah in the wide open ranges of the Serengeti has an advantage of sustainability, even on a trot. As sooner or later he will catch up with the severely tired cheetah, sitting somewhere under a shade catching his breath from his initial burst of speed.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by GetGuide: 7:44pm On Nov 20, 2013
an hungry man is an angry man. When those cheetahs were killing their means of livelihood no body talk o. I dont blame. You can do anything if you are pushed to the wall

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by olaglobalj: 7:47pm On Nov 20, 2013
plusfield: Wow! Over a distance of four miles till the cheetas got tired? How on earth do we ever bother contesting in marathon runs with these breed of people?
nawa o, africans with black strength.
luv dis continent die

1 Like

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by sunepa92(m): 7:50pm On Nov 20, 2013
O boy e no easy to capture dis tin oooooooo abi u no watch d video
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by pendo89(f): 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2013
raficki87: in kenyan villages one of the rights of passage before you be a man is to catch a lofe antelope(a fast animal) so the young man goes out with two older men with a container of water so they chase the antelope. you should note that this chase is more of tracking the animal through its footprint so most of the race they dont see the antelope, as they track and get closer to it bcuz of the noise and movement the antelope runs again before it rest properly so accumulared fatigue and most especially dehydration and the hot sun after about 4-5 hours the antelope wont run again even when it hears footsteps due to fatigue
NB:the final 2-5 kilometers is done only by the young guy trying to be a man/adult. and when he catches it he kneels down and pray to the gods for the meal before he slits its throat.
so you guys that dont believe should not be myopic because this is a long/endurance race +they had water with them which the animals dont. and they dont use bows and arrows bcuz its a sin. you must capture an animal and PRAY TO THE GODS ;if not you are comiting an abomination

What 'kenyan villages'? Kenya is a country with 43+ tribes so you can figure out the villages and stop generalizing.
The Masai tribe people talk about are not long distance runners either. They are Good Herders with lots of cattle competing with the wild for pasture in THEIR REGION, not the whole Kenya.
-Please note that Wild hunting is ILLEGAL in Kenya, that is why they couldn't kill it.

Since I do not see any co-relation btwn this story and our marathoners, I can only say that catching wild is possible if you understand the animal's psychology and these guys do very well.

2 Likes

Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by kobikwelu(m): 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2013
if You are naive enough to believe this story...Then, i have a bridge to sell you somewhere
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by sCun: 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
Sagamite:

Then why are you so much of a person?

Why is it everything that comes from you seems to scream person?

You don't seem mentally refined enough to function in an educated and progressive setting. Are you saying your education is not a key contributor to that?
''seem'' is the keyword there. Perception isn't always the same as reality ''bro''.
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by Jamaticulus(m): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
NairaLandGEOWILD
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by valemtech(m): 8:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
seriously dis lie dont dey porge me pls next topic...very soon nah una goo say APGA win election for Niger state
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by whitecat007: 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2013
Tranquilizer help ni Jo!!
Re: Kenyan Men Chase & Capture Cheetahs, That Were Killing Their Goats by naptu2: 8:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
pendo89:

What 'kenyan villages'? Kenya is a country with 43+ tribes so you can figure out the villages and stop generalizing.
The Masai tribe people talk about are not long distance runners either. They are Good Herders with lots of cattle competing with the wild for pasture in THEIR REGION, not the whole Kenya.
-Please note that Wild hunting is ILLEGAL in Kenya, that is why they couldn't kill it.

Since I do not see any co-relation btwn this story and our marathoners, I can only say that catching wild is possible if you understand the animal's psychology and these guys do very well.

And the part in bold type is the key. Like I said earlier, the report didn't say that they outran the cheetahs. It said that they hunted it down. Animals might have the brawn/speed advantage, but human can out-think them (note that there was more than one human involved).

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yemi Akinyemi Dele Selected By Yusaku Maezawa For Moon Trip / Omeife: First African Humanoid Robot Built And Completed In Nigeria. / Nickel Discovery In Nigeria: What, Where & Why Nickel Is Used

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.