Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,788 members, 7,820,759 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 PM

Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun (20127 Views)

Kidnapped Colonel Samaila Inusa Is Dead / OAU Lecturer Kidnapped , Car Burnt And Driver Killed / Yinka Adebamiro- Sister Of Woman Who Murdered Husband Tells How Wife Cheated (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by NewsINigeria(m): 7:09am On Nov 21, 2013

An industrialist, Dr. Olayinka Obaleye, was on Tuesday night abducted by yet-to-be identified kidnappers at the frontage of her company, while her driver was shot on the spot.

THISDAY gathered yesterday, that the septuagenarian had finished the day’s work at her company, located at Ilo, Ijebu-Jesa road in Obokun Local Government Area of Osun State and was about leaving the premises when some fiercely-looking men double crossed her vehicle and whisked her away.

The suspected kidnappers in the process of carrying out their nefarious act around 7p.m. were said to have shot and killed Obaleye’s driver, whose name could not be ascertained as at the time of filling this report.

Obaleye, the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Yinka Oba Foam Nigeria Limited, a family company that produces foams, was given a national honour by President Goodluck Jonathan last year.
THISDAY findings also showed that upon Obaleye’s abduction, workers at the company deserted the company except the two security men, who were sighted manning the company’s gate.

A gang of kidnappers had on August 5, last year successfully abducted a popular business mogul and Chairman, Chief Executive Officer of Nobility Stores in Ilesa, Mr. Idowu Obembe, in a similar circumstance.

But Obembe popularly known as ‘Nobility’, which is the name of his firm that deals on drinks was not so lucky as his carcass was found months later in a forest suspected to be his kidnappers’ den even when his abductors had collected an undisclosed amount as ransom from his family members.
While speaking on the development, the state Police Commissioner, Mrs. Dorothy Gimba, confirmed the incident through the state Public Relations Officer, Mrs. Folasade Odoro, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP).

She contended that detectives from the state police command have been dispatched to track down the abductors and ensure that the victim regains her freedom.

The police commissioner also noted that the discreet investigation has also commenced to ascertain those having reliable information on the dastard act.

The command also urge residents of the state with useful information that could lead to the arrest of the suspects not to hesitate to volunteer such to the nearest police station.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by Emmyk(m): 7:19am On Nov 21, 2013
@op
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by Tolexander: 7:30am On Nov 21, 2013
Exactly how they came to kidnap our speaker's wife!

Am gonna be missing the advert 'Yinka oba foam, the most durable, unbeatable and alopepepe foam'!

4 Likes

Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by Akshow: 9:49am On Nov 21, 2013
So so hidden comment. Make I shorrroup my mouf before them hide my comment kom ban me join.

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by Nobody: 9:49am On Nov 21, 2013
well dayumm
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by Dygeasy(m): 9:49am On Nov 21, 2013
Kidnapped At The Frontage Of Her Company Office.

Only The Security Men Remain There As Every Worker Deserted The Company.

My Question Is Where Were The Security Men When The Kidnap Took Place?

If They Aren't Well-Equipped To Combat The Kidnappers, They Coulda Raised Alarm Or Notified Authorities.

Or Is There Something I'm Missing ?
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by Leadn(m): 9:50am On Nov 21, 2013
The evil that men do for money!! Sad!

In other news,,,

If you're missing thousands of pounds, UK police is seeking yu o, they found yur money cheesy cheesy
http://xtremegists.com/police-seek-owner-of-fortune-found-in-river/
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by Ugom38(f): 9:50am On Nov 21, 2013
well dayuum,i've got nothing to say,who knows her kidnappers may be here on nairaland.neva heard of her though lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by kokoye(m): 9:51am On Nov 21, 2013
Giant of Africa..land of opportunities
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by damibravo(m): 9:51am On Nov 21, 2013
must you kill the poor man when to you its business you are doing kidnapping and getting paid..
leave murder outta it!

occupational hazard!

1 Like

Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by AntiSerious: 9:51am On Nov 21, 2013
Mama,God would aide your release,if u no see police or dey are still pricing ransom money,start praying criouzly b4 u meet your creator
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by BabaEleko(m): 9:53am On Nov 21, 2013
This country sef don tire person. All forms of crime na hin dey inside am ike say na mexico pesin dey live.
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by LMAyedun(m): 9:53am On Nov 21, 2013
Boyz aren't smiling... Some millions on the way.

I pray for your safe release Madam.
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by Damboy96(m): 9:53am On Nov 21, 2013
This kidnappers self, dey don have God in their lifes, how dem go kidnap dis old woman.
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by Lilimax(f): 9:56am On Nov 21, 2013
Kidnapping in Osun state undecided.
What did this old woman do sad?
They'll will be exposed.
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by emmalexabl(m): 9:56am On Nov 21, 2013
Whats all these..
Recent kidnapping tinz going on in wild wild SOUTHWEST

2 Likes

Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by parismarc: 9:58am On Nov 21, 2013
This is so sad,an elderly woman for that matter,I pray she's found alive and well.
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by Presbulg(m): 10:00am On Nov 21, 2013
Na wao... I dey fear to get rich o..

1 Like

Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by Afritop(m): 10:01am On Nov 21, 2013
It could be that the driver was able to identify one of them

1 Like

Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by cashkid18(m): 10:04am On Nov 21, 2013
yero boys ar nt smilin,they wil soon blame d ibos sad sad

9 Likes

Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by ifyalways(f): 10:05am On Nov 21, 2013
I pray she's released alive.

As for the kidnappers, I wish them DEATH. Always! Cruel and sudden death. Heartless souls.

3 Likes

Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by dotune(m): 10:11am On Nov 21, 2013
God will deliver you ma, and also my neighbour Prof. Olomo. That's why I pray for this country every morning, if we don't pray things will get worse. Who knows who's turn it will be, might be a relative that will be kidnapped again...the more reason we need to keep praying.

1 Like

Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by NoQualms1(f): 10:11am On Nov 21, 2013
Too bad, I pray she is released without injury.

What is this country turning to?

I have always thought that the owner of Yinka Oba foam is a male.
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by slimpoppa(m): 10:12am On Nov 21, 2013
Anti-Serious:
Mama,God would aide your release,if u no see police or dey are still pricing ransom money,start praying criouzly b4 u meet your creator

She dey hear u?

1 Like

Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by Sknda(m): 10:14am On Nov 21, 2013
A daily morning devotional for you www.gospelshower..com
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by juman(m): 10:14am On Nov 21, 2013
kokoye: Giant of Africa..land of opportunities

grin

Another one nigeria problem.
Re: Yinka Oba Kidnapped, Driver Killed In Osun by true2god: 10:17am On Nov 21, 2013
cashkid18: yero boys ar nt smilin,they wil soon blame d ibos sad sad
It seems the yero boiz are catching up vry fast in this illicit trade--Kidnapping.

But y kill the poor man? Occupational hazard indeed.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Frustrated Nigerian Man Saved From Suicide "Who Gave You The Right To Save Me?" / Which Of These Nigeria Security Agencies Is Well Equipped? / South African Lady Battered By Taxify Driver, Her Eyes Turn Red (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.