Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,861 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? (16061 Views)

Smart Dashboards, Safe Or Dangerous? / Why Do Some People Buy Cars And Decide To Sell It In Less Than 1 Year Of Useage? / Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by sirgalahad26(m): 11:04am On Mar 06, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin

infolpf:
Mine is a baseball bat!
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by sirgalahad26(m): 11:07am On Mar 06, 2018
its only a signal that the driver or owner of the car is not ready to take shit!!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Hmajeed(m): 11:22am On Mar 06, 2018
what is this one talking??

Hausa Fulani influenced people to put whips on their cars, I see it more in Yoruba and Igbo cars than on Hausa..

professionalism and Igbo how do they relate... Igbo man is professional??

it seem you've never been to a high street mall

Bede2u:
It is an hausa-fulani trend. The thing most southerners dont realise is that our police, army, politicians, civil servants etc have unknowingly been overwhemly influenced by hausa-fulani cattle mentality. That is why a military man lacks empathy, a policeman or civil servant will stress u to death when u enter his trap.

Now compare that to banks and private sector run mostly by southerners. There is a much greater level of proffessionalism in the south-dominated private sector.

We are culturally being colonised by hausa...otherwise wat is the rationale of keeping a pain-inflicting object like horsewhipp in ur car.

Nigerians (due to legacies of the hausa-dominated military regimes) now lack empathy.
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Bede2u(m): 11:36am On Mar 06, 2018
Hmajeed:
what is this one talking??

Hausa Fulani influenced people to put whips on their cars, I see it more in Yoruba and Igbo cars than on Hausa..

professionalism and Igbo how do they relate... Igbo man is professional??

it seem you've never been to a high street mall

do u agree that the military left a very bad legacy in nigeria's socio-politcal life? Which tribe dominated the military regims?
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Abbeyme: 12:06pm On Mar 06, 2018
TheMadame:

Funny you.
On a more serious note,the thread is still relevant today.

Yes o.

Very relevant. Actually I keep one on my dashboard as well.

It stays there to warn all those Marwa and okada riders that scratch and dent your vehicles as if its a favour. Once they sight the 'horse-whip', they'll quickly borrow themselves some quality sense.

It works 80% of the time.

On commercial bus riders? It works about 40% of the time.

On fellow private driver? It works about 45% of the time too

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by autologic: 12:19pm On Mar 06, 2018
Aldebaran:
grin
Because of stubborn drivers and pedestrians
So to whip them is now the solution .
Nigeria is a zoo indeed. cry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by blackfase(m): 12:34pm On Mar 06, 2018
Glaring signs of low self esteem as a lot of people here clearly rightly stated. The black mans mind is terribly afflicted, particularly in Nigeria where our values have totally eroded, at rock bottom and still digging d earth crust for subterranean space. Subtly put, in Africa, particularly Nigeria, raw power is might and is right. A pity and shame indeed!
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Hmajeed(m): 3:50pm On Mar 06, 2018
Bede2u:
do u agree that the military left a very bad legacy in nigeria's socio-politcal life? Which tribe dominated the military regims?

what If we agree that the military left a bad mark on us, but would you agree with me that brutality amongst soldiers started with Igbos, remember the first coup was carried out by soldiers from the east and middle belt.

I have a reason to believe that the Igbos actually influenced the spirit of brutality on Hausas and not the way round.

Before you talk of the 1894 Jihad of Dan Fodio I'd advise you read well researched books about it and not some articles with no intellectual backing
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Bede2u(m): 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2018
Hmajeed:

what If we agree that the military left a bad mark on us, but would you agree with me that brutality amongst soldiers started with Igbos, remember the first coup was carried out by soldiers from the east and middle belt.

I have a reason to believe that the Igbos actually influenced the spirit of brutality on Hausas and not the way round.

Before you talk of the 1894 Jihad of Dan Fodio I'd advise you read well researched books about it and not some articles with no intellectual backing
lol wasnt even gonna bring it up. The north is violent and backward...that we can agree on. As for kaduna nzeogwu's ill-thought coup, it buttresses my point...nzeogwu grew up in kaduna
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by ifyalways(f): 9:21pm On Mar 06, 2018
Whips kinda puts fear into the minds of danfo drivers, Keke and Okada. They kinda assume you are military and respect your car once they sight it. cheesy
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by Hmajeed(m): 10:22pm On Mar 06, 2018
Bede2u:
lol wasnt even gonna bring it up. The north is violent and backward...that we can agree on. As for kaduna nzeogwu's ill-thought coup, it buttresses my point...nzeogwu grew up in kaduna

How about Aguiyi Ironsi, and his Igbo cohorts!

What can best describe Ojukwu revolution against one Nation due to his personal whims
Re: Why Do Some People Adorn Their Dashboards With Horse Whips? by GetUmad: 1:17pm On Mar 07, 2018

As expected. Hypocrites commenting everywhere.
If you don't understand the essence or importance of something then you shut that hell up, no matter how crude it might seem to you.

Many people saying rubbish here would still be the one to land a hot slap on another driver that dare scratch their vehicle without remorse.

If you condemn it then it's obvious you don't drive in places like Lagos where one idiot Danfo driver would harass you out of your lane on traffic gridlock, in the process break your side mirror and remove your fender while even threatening to beat you up.

I have always used this in ALL of my vehicles. Once you dare bring your "nose" towards me to push me off my lane in a traffic gridlock (at least without any excuse/permission ) , I roll down my glass, reach for the horse whip and ask you if you already bade your mother farewell before leaving home this morning. The more you drive close the more I close up and I just shake my head while smiling. Believe me, the next thing you'd hear is the bus conductor shouting on the driver to use em head cos em nor follow for that Kain level. It works well. I've had terrible experiences with the commercial bus drivers in Lagos till I started "adorning" my dashboard with "whatever". So you had better say what you know

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Avensis 2005 Vs Camry 2005 Which One Is Better / World's First Handwoven Car Designed In Ibadan By Ojo Adeniyi / My 03 Accord At 200,000miles (321,868km)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.