Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts (2377 Views)

Mercedes-Benz Unveils Self-Driving Car To Be On Sale By 2020 / My Steering Wheel Vibrates At High Speed / Best Way To Ship A Car To Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by auhanson(m): 10:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
When i travelled down South to Calabar, i met a friend who is a down to earth Beemer lover. He complained how he should have bought a 325i but mistakenly bought a 320i BM an e36 model line because he was made to understand that 6 cylinder is 6cylinder that “na same engine dey inside” only to be toyed with at random overtaking by his friend who owns a 325i of same e36 model line.
I consoled him and gave a clue which he was in a big hurry to achieve. Your 320i can only accomplish 150 BHP with a 220NM of Torque while your friends 325 can do up to 178 horses.

Yes your e320 carries the same engine like your 323 and 325. If you want your 320 to perform just like the 325 or even outperform the 325 you got to do the following to boost your horsepower too:
1. Get the 325 exhaust system and manifold and oxygen sensors
2. Get the 325 ECU and replace your 320 with them then you would gain extra 175 hp and 260 torque
Aside the extra 25 horses gained, you could even add a few extra horses by doing the following: ,
• Replacing those tires of yours with lower tires(speed tires or low profile) i.e 205/60R15 by 225/45R17
• Replacing those rims with the lighter but extra straight rims (15 rims by 17 rims) 225/45R17 for a little extra gains on the highway
We set out for Aloji in Aba one faithful Day on a weekend during one of my vacations and got these items at an unbelievable prices and in exchange for his own by the trader, i.e trade by batter with a little extra money . With some smart techs that could work with the speed of light in the same market at no price..That market is endowed.

We first test run the car from Aba to Ph to confirm our guesses, i could always see his affirmation each time he floored the pedal as he nodded his head every now and then. Afterwards, in a phone call he also affirms that his trip from PH to Calabar was excellently unbelievable, what an extra 25 horses could do. With those modifications, he would have added a little more than 25 horses, say 27 or 30 horses or even more.
Then a month later he called again to confirm to me that they went on a journey and his friend thought that it was business as usual but he got very bitterly disappointed by the way he spew asphalt into his cabin while overtaking him in a jiffy. His car actually performs better than his friend’s.

In another event, a 4 cylinder w202 c180 was boosted to a c220 horses, from 127 horses to 148 horses. Also, a c220 was boosted to a 6 cylinder c280 horses , i.e to about 187 hp
For the c180 boosted to c220, to cut the long story short, the exhaust system with the catalyst ,the oxygen sensors, the manifold, the ECU and the PVC were replaced by that of the c220, also with the central wire harness to achieve the same result, it boosted the extra 25 horses and assumes the performances of the c220 if not more than.
Same as in the case of the the beemer, the items were gotten from the after market but the guy kept all his previous items, though , this was a little expensive.

Summary;
Airflow power:
Your horsepower can be maximised by modifying the airflow, exhaust, to achieve your desired engine performances to give you the power you want.
With a few alterations here, like installing a straight through performance exhaust with wider diameter to reduce or eliminate back pressure, you can maxout the efficiency and performance of your car..Please oh, don’t go and hollow out your catalyst oh , because you may not like the sound that will come out. And, if you are in a country that the emission is guided by law , it could be a serious offense, just look out for an after market or a new performance exhaust like mine.
In an I-4 engines,you can upgrade up to to 2.5” exhaust, unless a turbocharger is equipped, then 3" is acceptable. V6/V8 cars should have 2.5"-3" exhaust all the way through.
Exhaust headers are expensive and will add only a small power gain. It's a good option, but only if you've exhausted most other HP-maxing opportunities available.

Lightened your Car:
The simplest and cheapest way to improve your car performances is to lightened the weight to power ratio, giving it the least amount of weight to power for your car. You can do these by removing the extra junk in your trunk and car and consider making extra modifications, like buying the light weight performance exhaust system as discussed above and many more things you can still do.

Install a high flow intake air system and filter:
Replacing your air filter with a high performance air filter can cheaply boost the performance of your car, because it will enable your engine to breath better and add a little more power
AEM dryflow air filters never need any oil added and are legal everywhere.[2] K&N Air Filters are good for 1,000,000 miles, and can add 5 horsepower or more depending on vehicle.
Cold-air or ram-air intake systems draw in air from a cooler place outside the vehicle. Some cars will benefit greatly, and some will not. Usually, higher-end cars will not be able to benefit from this, as they already have a well-designed air intake system.
*Try removing the air filter from your intake air system and test drive your car , you will be amazed at wht you wil see..Note , this is just for experimental purposes, but not recommended.

Install a performance camshaft:
Performance cams increase the duration and timing of the valve openings during the engine stroke, increasing horsepower and making your car accelerate more quickly. You'll idle slightly rougher with a performance cam, but get a throaty rumble that's desirable for some gearheads, depending on your vehicle. They're likewise on the expensive side, but work in excellent conjunction with header or exhaust upgrades.
To install a new camshaft, you must expose the valve train by removing the valve cover and possibly the distributor. Loosen and remove the timing chain and the old camshaft to install the new version. Adjust the timing and tweak the new cams as necessary. Here you might need a professional to do it for you like in the case of my w201 benz 190

In extreme cases, you can even install turbo, whether single or double turbo to achieve 25 to 30 percent or more horse power, just like Dominic Terrato did to his old Ford Mustang turning it into a fomular one machine, but this will certainly cost you about 3000 dollars for the single turbo and almost double that amount for the double turbo to mount on both side of your engine bay

Turbochargers suck air into the engine, increasing boost and horsepower. An intercooler will also need to be installed with a turbocharger to avoid turbo-lag, in which the engine overheats and slow the impeller.

Superchargers are belt-driven, making it more effective for 6 cylinder engines. While a turbocharger results in a higher peak of HP, superchargers don't require the use of an intercooler, and result in fewer heating problems and maintenance issues. They're available in centrifugal, screw, and roots-type models, depending on the kind of engine.
I have to pause here to continue again

1 Like

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Nobody: 10:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
What you wrote regarding horsepower gain from those changes alone is not impossible but improbable.

3 Likes

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by auhanson(m): 10:35pm On Oct 01, 2014
CityNG: What you wrote regarding horsepower gain from those changes alone is not impossible but improbable.

What exactly about the gains after those changes that is doubtful or rather improbable? I do welcome any constructive criticism..we must get it right all the way

2 Likes

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 01, 2014
Just passing by with my 2003 Highlander 2.4L i4 churning out a lowly 155bhp, 163ib-ft and staring at this thread shocked at what men wanna forcefully turn their cars into.

4 Likes

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by auhanson(m): 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
lomomike: Just passing by with my 2003 Highlander 2.4L i4 churning out a lowly 155bhp, 163ib-ft and staring at this thread shocked at what men wanna forcefully turn their cars into.

You know power is insatiable, men are always looking for extra power

In as much as you dont want to let it go , you would always want to keep it up

2 Likes

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Jacksolo4me(m): 11:11pm On Oct 01, 2014
lipsrsealed....hmmm.id be following this one.sure sounds interesting.

Cos without those.yes there may be a gain in horsepower "sometimes"....a CAI may or may not net u the increase in HP over a usable rev range and a full titanium exhaust system would do better than a fart pipe straight through 2.5inch- 3inch.

A chipped ECU/ECM or a piggy back system
A full on Rebore of the cylinders(Stroker kit), Forged piston (High compression), Camshaft...

Bottom line is "On a NA engine, Getting 25 -30 hp isn't as easy as replacing an ECU over a line up/a larger exhaust, or an aftermarket intake...There is more to it than those.

Post up the dyno sheets of the test before any of the claims hold water....I once got carried away by this before

2 Likes

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by lonelydora: 11:45pm On Oct 01, 2014
But instead of doing all these, why not buy a car with a higher engine say V8? What if the mechanic mess up the whole thing? Your car will never be the same again.

1 Like

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
A 325 engine is 2.5 liters and a 320 engine is 2.0 liters.

You cannot simply transfer over the bits and pieces designed for the combustion chambers of a 2.5 liter engine into a 2.0 liter engine and get any usable horsepower.

I don't want to muddy the water and I'll stop from participating on this thread until you show slips from a dyno or at the very minimum some screenshots from a GTech type measuring device.

Everything you did, based on my experience, should actually give you a net loss.
Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by uboma(m): 4:39am On Oct 02, 2014
auhanson: When i travelled down South to Calabar, i met a friend who is a down to earth Beemer lover. He complained how he should have bought a 325i but mistakenly bought a 320i BM an e36 model line because he was made to understand that 6 cylinder is 6cylinder that “na same engine dey inside” only to be toyed with at random overtaking by his friend who owns a 325i of same e36 model line.
I consoled him and gave a clue which he was in a big hurry to achieve. Your 320i can only accomplish 150 BHP with a 220NM of Torque while your friends 325 can do up to 178 horses.

Yes your e320 carries the same engine like your 323 and 325. If you want your 320 to perform just like the 325 or even outperform the 325 you got to do the following to boost your horsepower too:
1. Get the 325 exhaust system and manifold and oxygen sensors
2. Get the 325 ECU and replace your 320 with them then you would gain extra 175 hp and 260 torque
Aside the extra 25 horses gained, you could even add a few extra horses by doing the following: ,
• Replacing those tires of yours with lower tires(speed tires or low profile) i.e 205/60R15 by 225/45R17
• Replacing those rims with the lighter but extra straight rims (15 rims by 17 rims) 225/45R17 for a little extra gains on the highway
We set out for Aloji in Aba one faithful Day on a weekend during one of my vacations and got these items at an unbelievable prices and in exchange for his own by the trader, i.e trade by batter with a little extra money . With some smart techs that could work with the speed of light in the same market at no price..That market is endowed.

We first test run the car from Aba to Ph to confirm our guesses, i could always see his affirmation each time he floored the pedal as he nodded his head every now and then. Afterwards, in a phone call he also affirms that his trip from PH to Calabar was excellently unbelievable, what an extra 25 horses could do. With those modifications, he would have added a little more than 25 horses, say 27 or 30 horses or even more.
Then a month later he called again to confirm to me that they went on a journey and his friend thought that it was business as usual but he got very bitterly disappointed by the way he spew asphalt into his cabin while overtaking him in a jiffy. His car actually performs better than his friend’s.

In another event, a 4 cylinder w202 c180 was boosted to a c220 horses, from 127 horses to 148 horses. Also, a c220 was boosted to a 6 cylinder c280 horses , i.e to about 187 hp
For the c180 boosted to c220, to cut the long story short, the exhaust system with the catalyst ,the oxygen sensors, the manifold, the ECU and the PVC were replaced by that of the c220, also with the central wire harness to achieve the same result, it boosted the extra 25 horses and assumes the performances of the c220 if not more than.
Same as in the case of the the beemer, the items were gotten from the after market but the guy kept all his previous items, though , this was a little expensive.

Summary;
Airflow power:
Your horsepower can be maximised by modifying the airflow, exhaust, to achieve your desired engine performances to give you the power you want.
With a few alterations here, like installing a straight through performance exhaust with wider diameter to reduce or eliminate back pressure, you can maxout the efficiency and performance of your car..Please oh, don’t go and hollow out your catalyst oh , because you may not like the sound that will come out. And, if you are in a country that the emission is guided by law , it could be a serious offense, just look out for an after market or a new performance exhaust like mine.
In an I-4 engines,you can upgrade up to to 2.5” exhaust, unless a turbocharger is equipped, then 3" is acceptable. V6/V8 cars should have 2.5"-3" exhaust all the way through.
Exhaust headers are expensive and will add only a small power gain. It's a good option, but only if you've exhausted most other HP-maxing opportunities available.

Lightened your Car:
The simplest and cheapest way to improve your car performances is to lightened the weight to power ratio, giving it the least amount of weight to power for your car. You can do these by removing the extra junk in your trunk and car and consider making extra modifications, like buying the light weight performance exhaust system as discussed above and many more things you can still do.

Install a high flow intake air system and filter:
Replacing your air filter with a high performance air filter can cheaply boost the performance of your car, because it will enable your engine to breath better and add a little more power
AEM dryflow air filters never need any oil added and are legal everywhere.[2] K&N Air Filters are good for 1,000,000 miles, and can add 5 horsepower or more depending on vehicle.
Cold-air or ram-air intake systems draw in air from a cooler place outside the vehicle. Some cars will benefit greatly, and some will not. Usually, higher-end cars will not be able to benefit from this, as they already have a well-designed air intake system.
*Try removing the air filter from your intake air system and test drive your car , you will be amazed at wht you wil see..Note , this is just for experimental purposes, but not recommended.

Install a performance camshaft:
Performance cams increase the duration and timing of the valve openings during the engine stroke, increasing horsepower and making your car accelerate more quickly. You'll idle slightly rougher with a performance cam, but get a throaty rumble that's desirable for some gearheads, depending on your vehicle. They're likewise on the expensive side, but work in excellent conjunction with header or exhaust upgrades.
To install a new camshaft, you must expose the valve train by removing the valve cover and possibly the distributor. Loosen and remove the timing chain and the old camshaft to install the new version. Adjust the timing and tweak the new cams as necessary. Here you might need a professional to do it for you like in the case of my w201 benz 190

In extreme cases, you can even install turbo, whether single or double turbo to achieve 25 to 30 percent or more horse power, just like Dominic Terrato did to his old Ford Mustang turning it into a fomular one machine, but this will certainly cost you about 3000 dollars for the single turbo and almost double that amount for the double turbo to mount on both side of your engine bay

Turbochargers suck air into the engine, increasing boost and horsepower. An intercooler will also need to be installed with a turbocharger to avoid turbo-lag, in which the engine overheats and slow the impeller.

Superchargers are belt-driven, making it more effective for 6 cylinder engines. While a turbocharger results in a higher peak of HP, superchargers don't require the use of an intercooler, and result in fewer heating problems and maintenance issues. They're available in centrifugal, screw, and roots-type models, depending on the kind of engine.
I have to pause here to continue again

Permit me to quote this epistle please before it gets altered so we can objectively analyze it piece by pieçe.

2 Likes

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Nobody: 4:47am On Oct 02, 2014
Hmm interesting
Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:56am On Oct 02, 2014
CityNG: A 325 engine is 2.5 liters and a 320 engine is 2.0 liters.

You cannot simply transfer over the bits and pieces designed for the combustion chambers of a 2.5 liter engine into a 2.0 liter engine and get any usable horsepower.

I don't want to muddy the water and I'll stop from participating on this thread until you show slips from a dyno or at the very minimum some screenshots from a GTech type measuring device.

Everything you did, based on my experience, should actually give you a net loss.

Killjoy! tongue shocked
Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 02, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Killjoy! tongue shocked

Mehn, as in eh! The guy JusT prickle the last bit of hope and faith left in Auhanson's thread
Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by 9icetoo(m): 8:30am On Oct 02, 2014
Just me thinking though. this is all theoretical but ..... Lets say u transfer the head of a 2.5 L engine to a 2.0 L engine and the two fit. have u not theoretically increased the volume by a wee bit that can be accommodated in each of the cylinders? Also note that this new head will come with new slightly larger valves that should technically increase the volume of the charge into each of the cylinders. In these new cars where the ECU controls the volume of fuel injected, slightly more fuel should be injected to burn with the increased volume of air drawn in. If that is what Auhanson has achieved, then it should work. I have not come across any dyno here in naija however on a beemer forum on the net (can't remember which), someone did something similar to his beemer and posted gains in HP. Though he changed cams, ported his top and did some other mumbo jumbo stuffs.

2 Likes

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by yungboss(m): 10:25am On Oct 02, 2014
What auhanson stated is almost impossible (talking about the 320i outperforming the 325i)..you cannot get a surge in power that easily, even though you replace the header and exhaust etc...
you don't replace the ECU for more power, besides, the 320i is difficult to modify easily for more power, that M50 block. ECU remap should make more logic in my opinion,that which 'may' be inconsequential for power gains for the 320i.
the best power gain is to just swap a 325i mill or swap in an s50 kit, or a turbocharger. since the block is not aluminum,a turbocharger would do, but then again, the cost of the task and competence deployed for it would be called to question. A 328i would be easier modified for over 220bhp than the 320i

1 Like

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by uboma(m): 11:06am On Oct 02, 2014
▲▲▲ thanks for clarifing the issue raised by the op. You should know better since at a point you were considering increasing the horsepower of one of your Bimmers by replacing the current engine with a higher one.

From the op's post, changing the tires and rims of a vehicle from the recommended spec by the manufacturer to a completely different spec will on no way improve on the general performance of the vehicle. Its just simple logic. I wonder where the op got his ideas from...

1 Like

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by yungboss(m): 11:24am On Oct 02, 2014
uboma: ▲▲▲ thanks for clarifing the issue raised by the op. You should know better since at a point you were considering increasing the horsepower of one of your Bimmers by replacing the current engine with a higher one.

From the op's post, changing the tires and rims of a vehicle from the recommended spec by the manufacturer to a completely different spec will on no way improve on the general performance of the vehicle. Its just simple logic. I wonder where the op got his ideas from...
weight reduction is key, reducing unsprung weight would help abit. Getting a chip for the ECU is difficult, as I understand.
the 320i is slow compared to the 325i or 328i, slow acceleration sort of, but the good thing is, at 200km/h you want to go more,I.e, you feel safe and unperturbed,for the auto,the 5 speed helps too even though it is electronically limited to 214km/h, the needle just keeps sweeping downwards under WOT, it's power band is in the high rpm...
suspension upgrade would help alot too.
Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by yungboss(m): 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
CityNG: A 325 engine is 2.5 liters and a 320 engine is 2.0 liters.

lol,please sir just stop at this. Don't go on further grin
Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by prudencesmart(m): 1:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
I had wanted to just read through as usual but could not bear the fragrance of ignorance that has been flying about at an astute accomplishment of a well define project that could be called a success story. a prophet has no respect in his home.
Did you guys actually read through the lines what the op wrote, or is it just convenient for you to just flip through and luk for what mr 'a' says and just follow sooth to conclude?

The op just stated a successful adventure for those who cares to benefit from, and you guys started chanting. If you read through the lines you would have seen his reasons for the materials used:
the weight factor to speed ratio,
you would have seen air to fuel combustion factor,
and the ecu factor .
Or is it today you start knowing that bigger wheels do gains? or that there are performance tires?
For goodness sake, he explained vividly the very essence of this project even the involvement of oxygen sensors. So what is so ridiculous about that? Is there no practical auto expert in the house who has been adventurous enough to clear this air of some jokers? Where is Siena?

I just got my solution to a project i'm handling at hand with one of my rides, and would have asked him a guide here to benefit all, but i have changed my mind because you guys don't deserve him. I'll rather consult him one on one as usual to scale through this too. If i were him i wouldn't respond to any of you anymore since you are making fun of it. I believe he paused to continue from there , but i will tell him that is needless to waste his time on you.. This is an applaudable adventure despite his tight schedule. If non of you appreciate him , i do. And i said gudos to him , bravo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by yungboss(m): 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
prudencesmart: I had wanted to just read through as usual but could not bear the fragrance of ignorance that has been flying about at an astute accomplishment of a well define project that could be called a success story. a prophet has no respect in his home.
Did you guys actually read through the lines what the op wrote, or is it just convenient for you to just flip through and luk for what mr 'a' says and just follow sooth to conclude?

The op just stated a successful adventure for those who cares to benefit from, and you guys started chanting. If you read through the lines you would have seen his reasons for the materials used:
the weight factor to speed ratio,
you would have seen air to fuel combustion factor,
and the ecu factor .
Or is it today you start knowing that bigger wheels do gains? or that there are performance tires?
For goodness sake, he explained vividly the very essence of this project even the involvement of oxygen sensors. So what is so ridiculous about that? Is there no practical auto expert in the house who has been adventurous enough to clear this air of some jokers? Where is Siena?

I just got my solution to a project i'm handling at hand with one of my rides, and would have asked him a guide here to benefit all, but i have changed my mind because you guys don't deserve him. I'll rather consult him one on one as usual to scale through this too. If i were him i wouldn't respond to any of you anymore since you are making fun of it. I believe he paused to continue from there , but i will tell him that is needless to waste his time on you.. This is an applaudable adventure despite his tight schedule. If non of you appreciate him , i do. And i said gudos to him , bravo!!!
stop being a sycophant my friend! Nobody says auhonson lied or made a joke about his post, about the 320i he mentioned those gains aren't as handy, people have benefited from his knowledge no doubt helping you fix your mom's Mercedes is commendable and so you trust him, great. But this shouldn't bring about insults on others by you please

2 Likes

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
lonelydora: But instead of doing all these, why not buy a car with a higher engine say V8? What if the mechanic mess up the whole thing? Your car will never be the same again.

What fun is beating a Corolla with a Corvette?

The fun, at least for me, was beating Corvettes, Vipers in my lowly 4cyl Mitsubishi Evo.

I like what the OP did, if he did it, but the gains I am not sure of until he shows me dyno slips.

1 Like

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Nobody: 2:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

Killjoy! tongue shocked

I'll quote one of my favorite Presidents, "Trust but verify".

Bonus to who can identify the President and who h directed the comment to grin
Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
[quote author=]

Mehn, as in eh! The guy JusT prickle the last bit of hope and faith left in Auhanson's thread [/quote]

Nah, I just know what's possible and what isn't. And that is from experience from the school of hard knocks.
Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Nobody: 2:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
9icetoo: Just me thinking though. this is all theoretical but ..... Lets say u transfer the head of a 2.5 L engine to a 2.0 L engine and the two fit. have u not theoretically increased the volume by a wee bit that can be accommodated in each of the cylinders? Also note that this new head will come with new slightly larger valves that should technically increase the volume of the charge into each of the cylinders. In these new cars where the ECU controls the volume of fuel injected, slightly more fuel should be injected to burn with the increased volume of air drawn in. If that is what Auhanson has achieved, then it should work. I have not come across any dyno here in naija however on a beemer forum on the net (can't remember which), someone did something similar to his beemer and posted gains in HP. Though he changed cams, ported his top and did some other mumbo jumbo stuffs.

Please read what you just wrote and see if it makes any sense.

Modifying a car is like making a cake. You need the right ingredients for it to taste good. The example you used, even if all the guy did on a 2.0 litter engine was cams and port job, he'll definitely get hp gains. But the question is in which band of the rpm? Is he going to be coming up on power after the 325 has reached 120mph and started to brake?
Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:54pm On Oct 02, 2014
CityNG:

President Reagan to the Soviet Union

1 Like

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

President Reagan to the Soviet Union

Someone please give this man a cigar.

Hope e no be Google tinzs sha.

1 Like

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
Some of you think you know about cars?
Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
CityNG:

Oga oya bonus grin

1 Like

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Jacksolo4me(m): 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hmmm...We all love automobiles.and it's evident that we have a knack or two of knowledge here n there...There are people here with knowledge more outstanding than others...I for one want to learn.

Auhanson's write - up(informative piece follow-up,except the tire thingy, should have been grip n traction he meant) has got the basics. And I am grateful that we have individuals taking their precious time to educate some of us (myself inclusive).
Thank you.

But we have every right to question the gain in power made.That should be respected by all.Now it's either a clarification and proof is given or its just plain BS!!!...

Auhanson, come back on.Your thread can't be lame...All we need is a couple pills of viagra..CityNG, ikenna, Sienna n em gurus. Help clear the air why not and How it may have been possible for the gain in horsepower.

1 Like

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Jacksolo4me(m): 4:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
tpacalipse: Some of you think you know about cars?

We usually don't. But alot of people get helped out in troubleshooting by those "who dont".

1 Like

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by GAZZUZZ(m): 4:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
CityNG:

CityNG:

Bross I don't smoke virtual cigars still waiting................
Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by 9icetoo(m): 5:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
CityNG:
Please read what you just wrote and see if it makes any sense.
Modifying a car is like making a cake. You need the right ingredients for it to taste good. The example you used, even if all the guy did on a 2.0 litter engine was cams and port job, he'll definitely get hp gains. But the question is in which band of the rpm? Is he going to be coming up on power after the 325 has reached 120mph and started to brake?
Like i said earlier in my post, it is all theoretical. I can't for the love of my life remember in which power band he gained his HP. He did the mods on a 1.8 litre engine. can't remember the engine model but afterwards he took it to the tracks and beat his previous lap times. We are all here to learn though. So if you learned ones can point out to us why auhansons mod is a dud, we would be glad to learn. cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Boosting Your Lovely Car To Extra Horse Power For Speed, Burnout And Donuts by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
I think the Op knows what he talks about.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ford F150 Gearbox Problem: Advice Needed Pls / Please I Need Help My Car Refuses To Move P To D Which Is From Park To Drive / TOYOTA Rav4 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.