Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,151 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? (11984 Views)

How I Lost Over #20000 Through My Misplaced ATM Card.. / Africa’s Largest Economy, Nigeria, Drops In Global Competitiveness Ranking / Reason PAYPAL Is Yet To Refund The Debited Sum Of Money From Nigeria Paypal Acct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by yuncka: 12:09am On Nov 22, 2013
xager: N 980,063,632,742,536,960 cry
i nearly committed suicide, but thank God i've gotten over it smiley

wow! How much MtN card is dat?
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by chinwekzy(m): 12:11am On Nov 22, 2013
jaywatt: mine......happen last month,i was sent to buy somethings form d market, only fr me to come back the car i used, to see the front seat door open, and the bag my dad use, to go to work, suddenly was gone,when i came bk home.i was suprise him telling me the bag contain d sum 160k. Till this day nobody believe me, my dad tink i took.....indeed i took it would hv been more better. I SWEAR.

What the hell bro? I dont understand any shi* above... What the bleep are you even talking about?
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by lilmax(m): 12:13am On Nov 22, 2013
Danhumprey: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
your work for nairaland na to dey open teeth anyhow....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 12:17am On Nov 22, 2013
Mine was 12k. Money meant 4 my sister's school fees. How the thing take disapper 4rm my skirt pocket i dnt know. Parle nearly killed me that day. Dis happend 4yrs ago. Dis days am over careful with money.
5points:
hmmm, onli u can understand sha.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by chidijp1(m): 12:21am On Nov 22, 2013
The biggest money I have lost is 23,000 naira.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 12:21am On Nov 22, 2013
chinwekzy:

What the hell bro? I dont understand any shi* above... What the bleep are you even talking about?

grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by adtiezy1(m): 12:25am On Nov 22, 2013
100 naira and to me it was worth more dan a trillion cus d money was d only tin dat cud get me home...had to trek frm iyana ipaja down to igando dat day
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Flawless(f): 12:32am On Nov 22, 2013
Mine was £20, was rushing to work back in 2009 when I decided to withdraw some money at the ATM. For some weird reason I entered my pin, took the card and just didnt remember to collect my money. Then I walked away for about 2 minutes then I realised I didn't collect the £20 turn around and I saw the man behind me at the cash point walking away, ran after him but he denied any knowledge of d money. Was so pissed off. That thought me some lessons though.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by shevon: 1:12am On Nov 22, 2013
€2000
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by agrovick(m): 1:42am On Nov 22, 2013
This happened in june of this year a few days after my bday, I lost 25k to atm fraud. It was after a series of visits to my bank's branch and numerous attempts on the bank's fb page to get explanations that I learnt the morafawker transferred all the cash I had in my account because he was able to access the digits on my ATM card. The annoying thing is I would have bought a phone with that money but because I wanted to discipline myself and cultivate the habit of saving I decided to forfeit the idea of getting a phone, look how that turned out. BTW we Nigerians are bad sha, dude should av spared me @ least 1K to buffer the effect of losing my cash.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by teey2(f): 1:52am On Nov 22, 2013
£20 and as a poor college student, that's a whole week's money gone just like that. Left it on the bus with my bus pass and debit card. Had to beg bus drivers and walk some just so I could get home that day. now I don't even carry cash at all angry
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 2:35am On Nov 22, 2013
jingoma: I once lost $1600 on a vacation trip to Nigeria, i wasnt quite sure where, how or when I lost it. Four years later i was preparing to go to a Naija party in the US and found the money hidden in one of the native clothes i had sewn while i was in Nigeria. MEHN!! I was broke too when i found it, u should've seen me jumping for joy...LOL
Are you sure the money was not borrowed spiritually and re-paid after 4yrs

1 Like

Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 3:33am On Nov 22, 2013
jaywatt: mine......happen last month,i was sent to buy somethings form d market, only fr me to come back the car i used, to see the front seat door open, and the bag my dad use, to go to work, suddenly was gone,when i came bk home.i was suprise him telling me the bag contain d sum 160k. Till this day nobody believe me, my dad tink i took.....indeed i took it would hv been more better. I SWEAR.
Your daddy must be one of those politicians wey dey use ghana must GO dey thief our money.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by persistenc(m): 3:44am On Nov 22, 2013
16k5 in my wallet, i want shiiiiit for body cry embarassed. July 29 2013
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 4:24am On Nov 22, 2013
uj_sizzle: #1k. I had 2k in my bag, used 1k to pay my t-fare, and when i got home, i couldn't find the other one undecided.
I emptied my handbag 10 times geez, even made my bro search and still nothing.
That was a strange disappearance and it didn't help that i was quite broke at the moment sad
UR signature?

Smh.

Happy weekend, kiss
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Sammiejo: 5:19am On Nov 22, 2013
There is a difference between misplaced and stolen.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by kobonaire(m): 5:44am On Nov 22, 2013
Sammiejo: There is a difference between misplaced and stolen.
while true, if that is enforced more than 2/3rds of people's stories in this thread will not be valid.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 5:45am On Nov 22, 2013
As as how now? Take dey take take? grin grin
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 5:48am On Nov 22, 2013
I don't do cash.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by anitank(f): 6:34am On Nov 22, 2013
U know thinking about it now, I never really misplaced a hug sum. I've lost other things translating to hug sums tho but cash, no
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 6:36am On Nov 22, 2013
N30,000 in school. Left my bag outside the anatomy lab for the practicals, and when I returned, the money was gone.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 22, 2013
agrovick: This happened in june of this year a few days after my bday, I lost 25k to atm fraud. It was after a series of visits to my bank's branch and numerous attempts on the bank's fb page to get explanations that I learnt the morafawker transferred all the cash I had in my account because he was able to access the digits on my ATM card. The annoying thing is I would have bought a phone with that money but because I wanted to discipline myself and cultivate the habit of saving I decided to forfeit the idea of getting a phone, look how that turned out. BTW we Nigerians are bad sha, dude should av spared me @ least 1K to buffer the effect of losing my cash.
hw did dat hapnd pls?
He stole or u misplaced ur ATM?
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 6:38am On Nov 22, 2013
Kingscee: Your daddy must be one of those politicians wey dey use ghana must GO dey thief our money.
porverty is a disease. So onli politicians av such moni?
U need brain transplant.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 22, 2013
Phder: I don't do cash.
wt do u do?
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by emyibe(m): 6:41am On Nov 22, 2013
Huu! Me lost money kwa. Never oh, any way no be who get go throw way. Can u loose what u don't have.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 6:50am On Nov 22, 2013
5points:
wt do u do?
Plastics.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by engrpheleeks(m): 6:52am On Nov 22, 2013
mine was 1000 k. i misplaced d cash in my sec sch days wen i was mising it for end of d term embarassed
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 22, 2013
Phder: Plastics.
do u still suffer frm bi polar or OTC woreva? Be serious pls
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Danhumprey: 6:54am On Nov 22, 2013
lil max: your work for nairaland na to dey open teeth anyhow....
Na wetin I for do na? Nairaland is full of crazy people. I can't laughing. embarassed
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Elui2(m): 6:55am On Nov 22, 2013
11,000 for nairabet,dat brazil vs spain match,i bet against brazil.i wan cry bt i stil tank God
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by nero69: 6:57am On Nov 22, 2013
500 dollars. And a gold ring worth about the same amount while visiting Nigeria.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by mooregan(m): 6:58am On Nov 22, 2013
Mine was 3K (if memory doesn't fail me). It was money meant for my Jamb in 2007. I got d money n put in my wallet, when I dressed up d next day to go get d Jamb scratch card, d money was nowhere to be found till 2day. Couldn't go back to my aunt I tell her d money was gone, had to do Manual Jobs to raise cash to get d Jamb. The funniest n painful thing was that after all my sufferings, my jamb results that year was cancelled.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BVN: Court Relaxes Conditions To Unfreeze Unlinked Accounts / "NNPC’s Dollars Were Fully Disclosed To CBN" - FirstBank, Others Explain / Documents To Be Delivered To CAC Prior To Incorporation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.