Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,428 members, 7,812,260 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? (11978 Views)

How I Lost Over #20000 Through My Misplaced ATM Card.. / Africa’s Largest Economy, Nigeria, Drops In Global Competitiveness Ranking / Reason PAYPAL Is Yet To Refund The Debited Sum Of Money From Nigeria Paypal Acct (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by aieo(m): 9:10am On Nov 22, 2013
i have not lost a large sum of money b4, like 5' τ̅☺ 10k, but i have lost 500hundred τ̅☺ 1k on numerous occassions just cos my house is a lion's den . U loose guard ƒøя a second, U pay the price cheesy
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by KenStranger(m): 9:11am On Nov 22, 2013
A couple of days ago, l went to d bank @ moniya, ib, made cash withdrawal frm d atm, returned my atm card and d cash into my wallet and fix both in my pocket, walked down a little to board a cab wif no one following me behind. to my greatest astonishment went home and found empty wallet. Till today l cant still believe my hard earned 5k follow breeze.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 22, 2013
akraym: And this topic made fp. This topic is for SSCE holders.

Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 22, 2013
Monstertrucks: I am suspecting you.are u sure u are not the girl That said she will boost me to ultimate two years ago for 5000gc,. Whoever u r ,abeg return my gc abeg
rotflamooooooooo
u be mumu ooooo
buhahahha
dem don scam me bfre na, no be only you.
Bt ur mumu get degree oooo
hahahahaha
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by victorulo(m): 9:38am On Nov 22, 2013
ignis: N18,000, the theif took my wallet while I was sleeping in a bus going to lagos.
On reaching lagos, he asked for my bus stop, I told him. He then stopped at a bus stop before mine and started running. That was when i sensensed something, i checked my wallet but couldn't find it. I was very fustrated cos my Id cards n ATM cards are also inside the wallet.
u made ma day wt ds bro...welcome 2 lagos
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by suxes2005(m): 9:50am On Nov 22, 2013
2k. It happened far away Oye Ekiti where I went to
See my girl. That morning, I went to the atm to withdraw
But the thing seized my card been a saturday there's nothing
I could do.

I got back to her place thinking how to solve the situation of
Which a day before, I spent roughly 13k to stock her kitchen.

Bro, as I comot wan go buy corn, before I know it, that stupid
Trouser threw away my money. Cry I no fit cry. Gbege don happen !

I had to speak a friend of hers to get cash home. You know that feeling
As a big guy case, borrowing 2k from a lady......

SHALOM
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 22, 2013
5points:
rotflamooooooooo
u be mumu ooooo
buhahahha
dem don scam me bfre na, no be only you.
Bt ur mumu get degree oooo
hahahahaha
undecided undecided
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Dre19: 10:13am On Nov 22, 2013
aManFromMars: One day, I alighted from a bus only to feel cool breeze blowing around my crotch. I looked down and noticed my zipper was open and my weapon for bedroom activities was missing. I screamed, a crowd gathered, I got my dick back, went home and realized that it was all a decoy. My wallet was missing along with a 200,000 naira cheque I had just won on 'who wants to be a millionaire'. cry cry
chairman you dey lie for state.... shocked shocked
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by sweetestguy(m): 10:14am On Nov 22, 2013
tolurainbow: 5milion naira cash
**suprised face**did u die?
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by UjSizzle(f): 10:21am On Nov 22, 2013
aManFromMars:
UR signature?

Smh.

Happy weekend, kiss
grin

Happy weekend kiss
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nemidav(m): 10:28am On Nov 22, 2013
I dnt joke with money soo I protect my money well...d biggest sum I'v misplaced is 400 naira..nd I looked 4 it 4 hours dint stop until I misplace d remaining 1k wiv me...in other words 1k is d largest amount of moni I'v misplaced
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Fayrouzz(m): 10:51am On Nov 22, 2013
#2600... It was so large cos I was so broke then.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Amya(f): 11:04am On Nov 22, 2013
$400
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Sayboy: 11:11am On Nov 22, 2013
ignis: N18,000, the theif took my wallet while I was sleeping in a bus going to lagos.
On reaching lagos, he asked for my bus stop, I told him. He then stopped at a bus stop before mine and started running. That was when i sensensed something, i checked my wallet but couldn't find it. I was very fustrated cos my Id cards n ATM cards are also inside the wallet.
i am sure u won't sleep in a public transport again
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by xynerise: 11:27am On Nov 22, 2013
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by sirenoch1(m): 11:30am On Nov 22, 2013
80,000 in skul hostel men i search the whole hostel i no d tin don grow wings i fell sick bcause of dat
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Lanceslot(m): 11:55am On Nov 22, 2013
$100 , I lost it while trying to cross seme border.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 22, 2013
;(

Five g's
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
herkeym001: .
na "." u loss?
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by VanOmiyale: 1:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
Over $1000 I brought from abroad removed from my pocket
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
Can't even recall sef,since dem dey thief me scatter fr school that year.
Bt I recently misplaced 3k.una see am?
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Chrisx1x(m): 2:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
aaronson: I'm actually very careful with my money at hand or bank,so far so good...the highest have ever misplaced is 50naira,I was bittered that day and felt the world was against me.
greedy n selfish people hardly lose their money...i see
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by iamdsam: 2:45pm On Nov 22, 2013
5points:
oluwa mi oooo!!!
mo shorire!!!
I gifup!
That one reach to give up jare!
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by iamdsam: 2:46pm On Nov 22, 2013
5points:
oluwa mi oooo!!!
mo shorire!!!
I gifup!
That one reach to give up jare! English from Otokutu.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by iamdsam: 2:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
Talking about the highest sum of money I've misplaced, it's 1,000 naira. Base on young hustling boy things, I vex well well when I lose this money. I almost committed suicide by jumping from an MTN mace close to my compound.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by turl(m): 3:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
I know someone that lost £30k when he didn't have proof of tax at heathrow. Dude almost died from high BP lol.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by logo77: 3:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
10,000 naira.>>>>>I was short-paid by a cashier. I did not confirm the cash before leaving the banking hall. It was painful.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by hohafrank(m): 3:47pm On Nov 22, 2013
It was 21,000 and some fraction.It was a slavery job,which the employer call the post of financial controller.Duty?To go the only branch office to collect cash.When I alighted from the bus felt my pocket that it was there.I was shocked. It had been picked.In my madness,i ran after the bus,which branch off to buy PMS.I announced that somebody has picked my pocket.The response from the passengers was that i did not board that bus.Actually when I looked closely I notice it was not actually the bus I boarded. I got to the office and narrated my ordeal,I was pitied by my colleagues including the owner of the establishment.At the end of the month the whole amount was removed from my salary of 45,000 Naira.I will never forget that day.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by ceaser: 3:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
With the narrations here, it's sure the statistics of Nigerians that loose money (stolen, misplaced, snatched, mysterious disappearances) will run to around 3 million Nigerians per year or 8000 Nigerians per day. That is a frightenenly huge number.

It happened during my NYSC year. Koko, warri north local government of Delta state. I'd been paid my monthly salary 2 days earlier, a sum of 40 thousand Naira. It's usually paid in cash, so the question of it being in the bank is out of it. So i had it kept in my laptop bag and left for work. Around 12 noon, something nudged me to go home. This is unusual cos it's earlier than 4pm which is the normal closing hour. Behold i got to the corpers' lodge to find my room broken into and the money gone, but suprisingly the laptop intact (it was to be properly stolen 2 years later). Three other rooms belonging to colleagues were also ransacked. I immediately reported at the police station where one bloody officer asked that I drop some money to commence investigation. How heartless can someone be, demanding money from a youth corper who had just lost 40k. Anyways, i just have it up as one of the few losses that happens.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Sike(m): 4:04pm On Nov 22, 2013
I don't have that much to misplace.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 22, 2013
92k to a scammer online. I went to the police, spent more money there but they ended up quoting some silly laws to me. That was last year and the incident nearly made me to stop going to church, because i didn't know why God allowed such mishap to happen to me.
Re: What Is The Largest Sum You Have Ever Misplaced? by gigg: 6:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
N750.. nd i felt really bad..because dat was ol i'gat den..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BVN: Court Relaxes Conditions To Unfreeze Unlinked Accounts / Anyone Dropshipping Successfully From Nigeria? / Nigeria To Become Third World Largest Exporter Of Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.