Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs (43309 Views)

Top Ten Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Remix (Opinion) / What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of?? / Songs You Didnt Know OJB Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 23, 2013
SKY B, the dumbest song i ever heard.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by MOORCHMOORE(m): 7:24am On Nov 23, 2013
D'Prince - Take Banana, I rather listen to Nursery Rhymes to that track.

All May D Poor poo

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by mariong(m): 7:25am On Nov 23, 2013
D banj's tongolo.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Caseless: 7:25am On Nov 23, 2013
burna boy's ' i wanna party' or sumtin like that. angry angry
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 23, 2013
Kukere undecided That song no get meaning.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by geeworld1(m): 7:27am On Nov 23, 2013
Befor anybody start posting any song on his mind, kindly ask ur self don't I hav this songs on my fone,............(LET HE WITHOUT SIN, ΒѮ THE FIRST TO CAST A STONE)

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Abbey2sam(m): 7:27am On Nov 23, 2013
Naija music industry is different from america music industry or anywhere else...........

First you need to know what the people want to hear, we have the likes of mode9 that guy is a good rapper but where is he today

Most of you might not even know Timi Dakolo
The first winner of idols west africa where omawumi came second, that guy is a good singer and a good lyricist but who knows him.
See omawumi that came second is now a star in the industry today becuz she sing what the people want. Kolomenta was a massive hit by faze, his "I'm in love" didn't do well and this is a song with content

We should know that nigerian listen to beat and never bothered about the meaning of the lyrics, nigerians just want to party

Even @ that we still have those that sing songs with content, the songs you can play in years to come and smile, songs like "african queen" ololufe by wande coal, olomi by tosin martins. But the truth is that most of the songs by artists of today has no content, it fade away with time(it has time range) minimum of three to four months and the song is dead and gone

Someone like me combine both genres of music, I listen to artist like trey song, ketty perry, lil wayne, eminem, chris brown and host of naija artist

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by hourlarwharley(m): 7:29am On Nov 23, 2013
Shean Tizzle, Shole? WTF. Is Vhat?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 7:29am On Nov 23, 2013
Jayses: African Queen- 2face
Jailer-Asa

Pon Pon Pon- Omo ogun
Kukere- yayayayayayay
Top of the world- D stem
Wataguan- Jtwice
Limpopo - KC n others
. Jailer and African Queen. Lyk Really? What kinda brain do yhu hav?

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Caseless: 7:30am On Nov 23, 2013
GetGuide: you said it. Heavy paid rotation
the beat
can someone tell me wot limpopo is
a stable craton, like bushveld , now a province insouth africa.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Ebidave001(m): 7:32am On Nov 23, 2013
some of 9ja songs maybe out of lyrics but artistes like 2face, mi, mode 9 etc gat some good lyrical songs.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Leadn(m): 7:33am On Nov 23, 2013
merrybet: . I guess you arent a yoruba person. If you truly know the meaning of gongo aso, you wouldn't have included it on the list. No offense intended. smiley

Am not yoruba but I love gongo aso! Was my banger for a year +...

@Post Take banana, Terry G free madness, All Dbanj songs... mehn they're much joor!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by yoji: 7:35am On Nov 23, 2013
There is a reason most of the songs mentioned are called club songs or pop hits. There are meant for clubs. People don't listen to hear such songs in the club and expect to draw inspiration on how to solve the world's problems or get ibetter in life.There are not supposed to make sense in that regard. Most of these same artists have songs with substance in their albums but these songs don't get airplay cos it's demand isn't as high as the so called meaningless songs. Artists that make sense like bez, nneka, sound sultan, etc which make sense are there but how many of you ever bought their albums??
Come to think if it even in America, the songs that dominate their airwaves stil include rihanna, jay z, rick Ross, nickii minaj, lil Wayne and co who promote sex, drugs and civil disobedience with their lyrics and not artists like common, talib kweli who think before they talk.
Nigerian music is in a very good place now cos it has something for everyone, just select what works for u and stop complaining about jams u know weren't meant for you cos it sounds absurd.

11 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Toshibasexy(m): 7:37am On Nov 23, 2013
D'prince-take banana nd p'square-alingo. The first time i downloaded the two i deleted them instantly not knowing that they would be hit
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by dayokanu(m): 7:38am On Nov 23, 2013
Any Idris Abdulkareems rap

E.g whats nthe meaning of

"do goo do goo come give me some fufu mo meee iwo ni mo feeeeee baby jumijumi jumijumi iwo ni mo fe feee"

Or megedefegede etchstaffthkksllsku mi o shako mo?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by luvlyoracle(m): 7:38am On Nov 23, 2013
samba by wizkid n co...
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by collinsola: 7:38am On Nov 23, 2013
Still dancing.....UKWU

tongue
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Meekmind(m): 7:40am On Nov 23, 2013
soulfood: There are some songs that have become major hits but I couldn't understand or comprehend how people got around enjoying them. Topping my list is Stereoman's Ekwe Sample. O Boy(whistles), music lovers grooved that jam and I wondered why? The beat and song were fighting each other. Next is Dr Sid's Something About you. Heavy paid rotation got me enjoying it eventually. And lastly and most recently is Skelewu by Davido. Maybe I would okay the beat. Beat aint bad at all but what is "Laga dis,Laga dat". Have you ever had songs you heard the first time and you trashed it only for the same song to become a major hit? Please share.
Eminado by tiwa savage...that song is beautiful nonsense, i hate listening to it, wonder wat d songs means
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by hooper: 7:42am On Nov 23, 2013
NIGERIA SONGS

LYRICS - 0
RHYMES -100
CONCEPT -50
LYRICS MATTER MOST BUT MOST OF OUR ARTISTES FOCUS ON RHYMES...

SONG SHOULD EXPOSE SOCIETAL ILLS, EDUCATE THE LISTENERS N VIEWERS....

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Decryptor(m): 7:43am On Nov 23, 2013
My Baby by Sky "B" ...i swear that song was an embarrassment! Just singing it alone makes you sound demented undecided
BTW, where the heck is the guy now?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by sheunpompey1: 7:43am On Nov 23, 2013
Naija artiste are bunch of funny peeps... They promote absurd things yet Nigerians love it... Bad language, nude pic, odd videos... Name it. The world is running to a close...
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by omojaytee(m): 7:45am On Nov 23, 2013
Jayses: African Queen- 2face
Jailer-Asa
Pon Pon Pon- Omo ogun
Kukere- yayayayayayay
Top of the world- D stem
Wataguan- Jtwice
Limpopo - KC n others
excuse MƐ,did i jez hear u say african queen and jailer...bros,u well so

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by ndidibabe(f): 7:45am On Nov 23, 2013
jiggaz: Caro by Wizkid, Nwa Baby by Flavour, Give it to me by DPrince, Take Bananna by D prince, Limpopo by Kcee. List is endless. Mind u, they are all hardworking artistes oo. I am not hating on their hustle.
Very nice, comment. Not hating too but most Nigeria songs are trash. The FM stations and Disk jockeys are the wizards that make these songs popular both on air and in the club after 'settlement'. Will I be I be so silly to buy a D prince album only to listen to 'Take Banana till you go yoh'? What kind of song is that? Yet, you see people dancing to it. However, there are so many fine artist in Nigeria that keep dishing out good music e.g Tuface, Asa and P-square etc.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by spicycindy(f): 7:47am On Nov 23, 2013
I dunno bou ordas saw were sum1 wrote 2face-African queen 2 mi da song s kul nija artistes r not worth d stress,most f dem jst sing so da dey wnt b 4goten,others wen der r broke and r sure da sum unreasonable people will like d song,das y dey dnt win grammy awards cos dey dnt sing with passion,most nija Nija music na noise pollution
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Tenim47(m): 7:48am On Nov 23, 2013
Even d track na 1kobo i shall never use my money 2 buy Terry G nd D prince track.
damn shit embarassed
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 7:48am On Nov 23, 2013
lol the Op took this right outta my mind, the main reason you will hardly find a 9ja song on my playlist... Peepz always be like guy u no dey listen to 9ja song? Most times I download them because of the noise people make about them and then when I listen to them I be like 'the fuQ is this doing on my playlist?' 9ja songs you can c on my list- M.I(not all his songs), Ice prince, Asa, some Olamide's rap, some meaningful 9ice songs and some classic yoruba songs dat appeal to my hearing d rest are just ish.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by damidos(m): 7:49am On Nov 23, 2013
For me the song that tops the list is "kolomental" by faze. The way people even display madness when dancing to the song amazes me. Anyway the guy has made his money grin
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by omojaytee(m): 7:49am On Nov 23, 2013
Zeinymira: There was this song back then
Kas-fimile
as in,dah song z stupid!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by kolokolobi(m): 7:49am On Nov 23, 2013
Some songs can be just simply wacky but they can also get your head bopping or feet tapping. The media wants to have whst will drive traffic in their direction so what works gets played. I must commend the naija musicians though on being creative with beats.....we respond to them cos we can relate in a genric way to them...the deep lyrics you do get on some songs can therefore be taken for granted. Breezing through the city lights at 12am...sun roof open....no reports or deadlines to care...davidos gobe could be blaring down my ears for all I care. Meanwhile I can't stand it on the drive to work...tab in hand.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 23, 2013
Almost ALL nigerian hits.chai!!!!!! The truth is dat nigerians just listen to beats,not lyrics,then dance as if they're clueless.look at fela,onyeka onwenu,ppl lyk dat...they made indigenous music,but it had DEPTH in its lyrics!!!!!what tha f*** is wrong with nigerian artistes today?ehn?fela was indigenous,but hes famous worldwide!!!chai...and b4 any 1 starts telling me im just supporting american music,some american music is ignorant as well o,but most of it isnt!!listen to photographs or hero by nickelback!!that is what meaningful music is,not d s*** lyrics we listen to here!!so pls dnt go there.sha i just hope we have more nigerian artistes lyk asa,nneka,praiz,mode9,timi dakolo,threadstone,mi,jesse jagz,kush,etc,less of the clowns that are popular now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Where Is Funmi Adams? / Tony Allen Is Dead! / SUV For Next Rated Act Of The Year At #12thheadies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.