Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs - Music/Radio (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs (43290 Views)

Top Ten Worst Nigerian Hit Songs Remix (Opinion) / What Are The Songs You Never Get Tired Of?? / Songs You Didnt Know OJB Produced (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by sambas: 11:08am On Nov 23, 2013
All Davido songs, sometimes i wonder who is giving that boy those lyrics.... Thank God the DJ, radio stations and the marketers are not like Nairaland moderators, he would v bin serving 1yr out of his 20yrs ban...
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by molason: 11:10am On Nov 23, 2013
They give you what you want and your still complaining. Nigerian music over the years has become crap because the people that buy it are all looking for one thing "DANCE",
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 11:10am On Nov 23, 2013
thegoodjoehunt: I totally disagree. Eminado is a classic.

I actually have the video on my tab and jam to it a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxPqkwahxe0

Well, people love different kind of stuff and my poison could be your food. I just feel that song is totally wack and I tune away from any station that plays that song sharply.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by molason: 11:13am On Nov 23, 2013
They give you what you want and your still complaining. Nigerian music over the years has become crap because the people that buy it are all looking for one thing "DANCE", So making sense in music does not matter anymore as along as you can make people dance. As for me, Nigerian music is trash except for a few "ASA, DAREY,Formerly Tuface. Finish.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by alorauzoms(m): 11:14am On Nov 23, 2013
Decryptor: My Baby by Sky "B" ...i swear that song was an embarrassment! Just singing it alone makes you sound demented undecided
BTW, where the heck is the guy now?

u wan do colabo wit am..?
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:14am On Nov 23, 2013
safarigirl: lol, Game's D.0pe boys takes the cake, he almost repeated the chorus as much as D'prince's Take Banana. That song by Young Money- I wish I could fvck every girl in the world, where was the sense in it? or 2chainz- "They ask me what I do and who I do it for/and how I come up with this shii up in the studio[b]/All I want for ma birthday is a big bo.oty call// (the first 2 lines have ABSOLUTELY NO CONNECTION to the last line). Need I mention L.M.F.A.O's Sexy and I know it?
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by excel2013: 11:16am On Nov 23, 2013
What does people really want to hear and dance to?You must have it mind that if you sing and you are not Patronized its a waste of effort/time and Money , if you need lesson and sense in music then go and buy the ones that has it , Gongo so is great and carpo is dance able . the whites and black Americans sings more trash

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:16am On Nov 23, 2013
django1:

Well, people love different kind of stuff and my poison could be your food. I just feel that song is totally wack and I tune away from any station that plays that song sharply.

How can you judge if it is a hit or not if you don't listen.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by excel2013: 11:16am On Nov 23, 2013
What does people really want to hear and dance to?You must have it mind that if you sing and you are not Patronized its a waste of effort/time and Money , if you need lesson and sense in music then go and buy the ones that has it , Gongo so is great and carpo is dance able . the whites and black Americans sings more trash
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by omoiyalayi(m): 11:16am On Nov 23, 2013
Pretete by ojb
Wat is pretete ?
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:18am On Nov 23, 2013
excel2013: What does people really want to hear and dance to?
You must have it mind that if you sing and you are not Patronized its a waste of effort/time and Money , if you need lesson and sense in music then go and buy the ones that has it , Gongo so is great and carpo is dance able . the whites and black Americans sings more trash
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by kennykg(m): 11:21am On Nov 23, 2013
Like they say music is food for the soul and mind. Pple hv different taste at different time for different reasons. But "we" feed more on the "21century songs " just like des artists mentioned than we do on the others...

Style plus,lagbaja,dare,bez still original
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Rayvene(f): 11:22am On Nov 23, 2013
sweet_gala: j

You don't seem to have musical hearing then, I'm probably more critical of Nigerian artists but to denounce their creativity is absurd. The current stock of hip hop artists are so lame and just recycle the same ol trash that an average artist like Kendrick Lamar is calling all of them out.

I said "most naija artistes".Not "all".Of course there are creative naija artistes out there.I mentioned them in one of my previous posts smiley

I won't comment on what you said about my 'musical hearing'.I'll just let that pass since you and I don't know each other.

Seriously,don't get bent out of shape because of the opinions I shared here undecided.I'm entitled to them and you're not obligated to like them.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 23, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

How can you judge if it is a hit or not if you don't listen.

I've listened to it and I hated it and wouldn't torture myself by listening to it anymore.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 23, 2013
Inasmuch,i would love artistes in nigeria to come up wit meaningful ,lyrics(check taylor swift,pink nd katy perry,fun gosh!)it all points to the fact that naija love dance,dance.....so the artistes are left with no choice,than to walk up to the studio,chant some incantations,add prefix to suffix,repeating lines unneccessarily,blabbing rubbish.why?because the people need dancehall music.
And some rapper giving wack punchlines....stay long like anaconda..wtf!!!
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by aikay77: 11:28am On Nov 23, 2013
At this rate, all songs ever released in Nigeria will make it on this thread

Know this people: everybody has their preference for a particular artiste or song.

Your opinion really doesn't make it bad or great.

A good song is in the ears of the listener.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by datiyke: 11:33am On Nov 23, 2013
What abt dis song......My baby..my baby u're d one...u're d one dat I'm calling......dat song na d most stupid song since 1945.....it was sang by SKY B
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:34am On Nov 23, 2013
django1:

I've listened to it and I hated it and wouldn't torture myself by listening to it anymore.

Eminado is a luck charm made from cowries,
It is usually worn by wrestlers from the east during matches.

Chorus
Here I go…oh here I go
Its time to show me your love
Open the….open the door
I’ll leave you….begging for more
Oh oh oh…oh my baby
Carry me….like your baby
I don’t know
What you did to me
But I will never, I’ll be your
Eminado
Eminado
Your one and only
Eminado
Eminado
I’ll be your African barbie
Eminado
Eminado
You be my six pack bobo
Eminado
Eminado

I continue feeling it. Classic.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Dalazyou(m): 11:35am On Nov 23, 2013
Mynd_44: All Terry G tracks
hahahahahahahahahahah grin
Mynd_44: All Terry G tracks
hahahahahahahahahahah
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by MrRogers: 11:36am On Nov 23, 2013
Danfo driver
gongo aso
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 23, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Eminado is a luck charm made from cowries,
It is usually worn by wrestlers from the east during matches.

Chorus
Here I go…oh here I go
Its time to show me your love
Open the….open the door
I’ll leave you….begging for more
Oh oh oh…oh my baby
Carry me….like your baby
I don’t know
What you did to me
But I will never, I’ll be your
Eminado
Eminado
Your one and only
Eminado
Eminado
I’ll be your African barbie
Eminado
Eminado
You be my six pack bobo
Eminado
Eminado

I continue feeling it. Classic.

Dude don't make me puke all over your body! lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Jessewizy(m): 11:38am On Nov 23, 2013
Miss poko baby
Our dearly tonto dike songs was dah bomb

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:38am On Nov 23, 2013
django1:

Dude don't make me puke all over your body! lipsrsealed
grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by funnyx(m): 11:42am On Nov 23, 2013
That's why I don't listen to all the recent yeye songs, give me Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey songs anyday anytime! Over 40 decades they are still evergreen, same with KSA and Barry Wonder. Children of nowadays I pity you na skelewu your generation fit produce cry
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Sig4real(m): 11:43am On Nov 23, 2013
Rayvene: Virtually all Naija 'hit' songs.
But I'm just gonna name a few that really baffle me with their utter lack of meaning sad

Davido - Skelewu undecided

All Terry G songs sad

All Timaya's songs(especially Ukwu grin)

Kcee - Pullover(Seriously,I still can't believe he ACTUALLY went into a studio and recorded that shiit)

D'Banj - Scapegoat.And as if the main song wasn't bad enough,he had to go ahead and disgrace Naija,doing the remix with Kanye and all that embarassed

Oh,and let's not forget Stupiid Love and Durosoke by that noisemaking Lil-Wayne wannabe undecided

Ok those are the worst of the lot to me cheesy
i support you. But the pullover by kcee, makes sense, listen to the lyrics. It pictures the american police officer trying to stop a lady overspeeding, then on getting to the lady, he changed the topic due to what he saw.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Dalazyou(m): 11:52am On Nov 23, 2013
johnstar: Dami duro, davidooo undecided undecided
rili wanted 2 write dis ting alone bt just cnt help quotin u.....i no just knw hw dami duro reach dat height o cos de song na complete skapula sef
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by majamajic(m): 11:53am On Nov 23, 2013
Eminado ...cant believe don jazzy and tiwa went into studio and came out with that.
D banj ....tony montana.....though almost all his America hits are over hyped.
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by Dalazyou(m): 11:53am On Nov 23, 2013
but i love davido's songs like...one of a kind..n de rest
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by AORDMAYOR(m): 11:58am On Nov 23, 2013
geeworld1: Befor anybody start posting any song on his mind, kindly ask ur self don't I hav this songs on my fone,............(LET HE WITHOUT SIN, ΒѮ THE FIRST TO CAST A STONE)
@geeworld may God bless for this comment. Exactly what was on my mind. Some of dem dont only have on their phone, but as their phone's Ringtone

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by banky0503(m): 12:00pm On Nov 23, 2013
nitrogen: Gongo aso-9ice
. U need to understand yoruba language to understand dat Gogo a so is not a wack.... Bro its a masterpiece.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by mydi(f): 12:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
Topping my list now is that harrysongz rubbish- fine girl angry wat d hell is fine gal beta pikin, Ʊ luk like ur mama pikin angry some people voice needs τ̅☺ be seized!!!
Re: Nigerian Songs You Can't Understand How They Became Hit Songs by armadeo(m): 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2013
nitrogen: Gongo aso-9ice

i swerrigad.
gbam!
gbam!
gbam!

till now i still dont get it and this was a monster hit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Grammy 2020 Awards: Burna Boy's Fans Support Him Over Angelique Kidjo / Where Is Funmi Adams? / SUV For Next Rated Act Of The Year At #12thheadies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.