Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery (877 Views)

Man Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Sexual Escapades On Social Media / Man Seeks Divorce, Over Wife’s Frigidity And Oversleeps / 75years old seeks divorce over sexual starvation and adultery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery by striker9(m): 5:41am On Nov 22, 2013
A 75-year-old man, Fashola Fakorede,
yesterday urged an Igando Customary Court,
Lagos, to dissolve his marriage to his wife,
Funke, 49, for allegedly beating him.
Fakorede told the court that his wife had turned
him into a punching bag and also inflicted
injuries on him.
He said: “My wife wants to kill me, she beats me
every day, I don’t want to die now, save my life.
“My wife always beat me if I asked for food or
anything. She has turned it to a routine. All the
scars on my body is as a result of her battery on
me.”
Fakorede said his wife no longer takes care of
him, adding: “She goes out and returns home at
will without seeking my permission.
“She can go out for days and if I queried her,
she would hit me with any dangerous weapon
she could lay her hand on at that moment.
“And my daughter is also following her footstep.
She brings home different men and my wife will
not query her. So, I sent her away from my
house.”
He urged the court to dissolve the union, saying
he was no longer in love with her and was tired
of the regular battery, which had led to his ill-
health.
“I am tired of the constant beating, I am afraid
this woman will kill me one day. I am not ready
to die now,” he pleaded.
Funke, a trader, denied the allegations, saying
that she did not beat her husband and always
took good care of him and respected him.
The mother of three, however, accused her
husband of denying his children the right to go
to school.
She said: “My husband is unable to send any of
his three children to secondary school. My
husband is not responsible.
“None of our children went to secondary school,
all of them stopped schooling at primary school.”
She said her husband had disowned his
daughter, and urged the court not to grant his
wish as she still loved him.
“I have no where to go as no man will want to
marry me at my age,” she said.
The court president, Mr R. I. Adeyeri, adjourned
the case to November 25 for further hearing.

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/75-yr-old-seeks-divorce-wifes-alleged-battery/
Re: 75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery by Ogonimilitant(m): 6:31am On Nov 22, 2013
Its only in yoruba land I hear this kind of story. Wife beating husband. The husband crying like a baby
Re: 75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery by Caseless: 6:33am On Nov 22, 2013
Women? Sms! She's beating a man old enough to b her father...and he's her husband for God'sake.
Re: 75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery by Caseless: 6:36am On Nov 22, 2013
Ogoni militant: Its only in yoruba land I hear this kind of story. Wife beating husband. The husband crying like a baby
sharrap! Fawking attention seeker! U want to create e-tribal war for u to get noticed.
Re: 75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery by striker9(m): 8:06am On Nov 22, 2013
Ogoni militant: Its only in yoruba land I hear this kind of story. Wife beating husband. The husband crying like a baby
Please don't tribalise this issue,it can happen anywhere.Na wa for the wife oooo,ha ba.
Re: 75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery by akpomeme(m): 8:13am On Nov 22, 2013
For all we know the man may be lying in order to punish this woman. It is believable to be beaten by a younger woman because of her age but the man is probably unscrupulous! Under no circumstances should he deny his children access to quality education or anything close to it. That is the first point of irresponsibility! and he expect food to be served? Don't buy his story because if he was beaten in his own house, there is no way he can send his daughter packing because they will beat him again again and impose themselves on him. He is a liar!!!

1 Like

Re: 75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery by psych1: 8:32am On Nov 22, 2013
grin :DHhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm. SMH
1. Has he ever married before she met this woman?
2. He likely married this woman when he was in his 50s.
3. The man can no more match the vigour of this middle age woman. Both in and out of bed.
4. Financially he is ruined and there is no way there could be peace.
Re: 75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery by striker9(m): 2:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
psych+:
grin :DHhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm. SMH
1. Has he ever married before she met this woman?
2. He likely married this woman when he was in his 50s.
3. The man can no more match the vigour of this middle age woman. Both in and out of bed.
4. Financially he is ruined and there is no way there could be peace.
Good observation!
Re: 75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery by chimex38: 3:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
U no dey shame, u dey announce 2 d world say ur wife dey beat u, na why u wan divorce..

U no see ur size b4 u marry am?
Re: 75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery by striker9(m): 3:41pm On Nov 22, 2013
chimex38: U no dey shame, u dey announce 2 d world say ur wife dey beat u, na why u wan divorce..

U no see ur size b4 u marry am?
Lol,guy you funny,the man don old na.
Re: 75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery by bloggernaija: 5:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
It is only yorubaland because the other lands are a media blackhole which nobody cares about.
In much the same way that Nigeria hardly register here in the states.
Example
There was once a vicious armed robbery when I served in the east.
We expected it to be in the newspaper but guess what,
It was not reported.
Re: 75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery by striker9(m): 6:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
bloggernaija:
It is only yorubaland because the other lands are a media blackhole which nobody cares about.
In much the same way that Nigeria hardly register here in the states.
Example
There was once a vicious armed robbery when I served in the east.
We expected it to be in the newspaper but guess what,
It was not reported.

Just ignore him
Re: 75-yr-old Seeks Divorce Over Wife’s Alleged Battery by shegra58: 9:12am On Jul 28, 2015
Ogonimilitant:
Its only in yoruba land I hear this kind of story. Wife beating husband. The husband crying like a baby
and in igbo land it's another story like 'son rape his mother'[size=8pt][/size] grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How To Convince My Husband To Teach Igbo To Our Children / Do Charms/jazz Really Work? Are They Really Real Or Fake? / Ungrateful Son Tells Mother Not To Visit Him Anymore Because She Is Too Ugly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.