Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

"Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" (39021 Views)

IGR: 5 Reasons Why Northern States Perform Poorly / Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill / Why Northern States Can’t Pay Minimum Wage, By Zamfara Gov . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by amakenny: 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2013
The man lied that more than half of Nigeria is in the north, one day these north-frenzy peopleb shall tell us and estabish that three quarters of Nigeria are northerners.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by vislabraye(m): 10:39pm On Nov 23, 2013
The man was just talking cocck and bull story as to why Yar Adua's body was sneaked into the country.
He should admit that he's one of the confusionists in this country. Let us allow sleeping dogs to lie.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by texaco1: 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2013
tomakint: ...there is no point for this, the guy has gone to rest in peace, now we have GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN running things cool
welcome back bro,it is good to have you back onboard

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by uhuns: 10:53pm On Nov 23, 2013
given. this "but they honestly knew he could not
win. You also knew he could not
win, I knew he could not win, in fact
even Ribadu knew he could not win,
and because they knew he could not
win, they did not even bother to
vote for him.
Ribadu came to see me, because I
was his father’s friend, and he told
me he was going to run for election.
I told him I support his decision
because his coming in, would mean
that all opposition elements are
coming together, because as long as
they are always divided, they would
never achieve their aim. I said if you
all come together, then the people
will know that you are serious, and
they would support you to form the
government. "
.I cant imagine that you blessed him to go on with his dream knowing that he cant win and all but him knows this fact.
from this. write up and given your age its obvious that you want to cajole the ibos to ur side , since the yorubas are already on the other side..
my question is must a segment of the country own the power to rule.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by danjalingo: 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2013
IamDebola: Please send a mail to my P.O. Box when the summarised edition of this post is out.

are you so lazy?

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by isalegan2: 11:04pm On Nov 23, 2013
annawhite: I'm lost,please how do I get to the food section
I'm a calabar woman.....ill come back to this section the day nigerian will vote for a calabar president tongue tongue

All kidding aside, why would a Calabar not be elected? Who are two or three prominent Kalabaris that you would nominate, given the chance?
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Validated: 11:31pm On Nov 23, 2013
SUMMARY: Buhari is a back stabber! grin

3 Likes

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Validated: 11:37pm On Nov 23, 2013
SUMMARY:

i. G7 should distance themselves from APC

ii. Yorubas have an eye on 2019 presidency and want to adopt the Action Group plan of 1959 election

iii. APC is a YORUBA PARTY and it is a vehicle to try and win the heart of the North towards 2019

iv. Buhari is a back stabber! grin And should not be trusted.

v. Ekwueme miscalculated in his self hate for the North on his supposed 1987 presidential slot

vi. Read to get the rest cheesy

2 Likes

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by akahp(m): 11:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
condralbede: Can one guru summarize this pls?
NO

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by akahp(m): 11:50pm On Nov 23, 2013
sagombugo: I have said it on this forum that some Old,senile,disgruntled,pained,relevance-seeking and charlatans have been systematically commissioned by a jittery GEJ to engage in HISTORICAL REVISIONISM(attempting to rewrite history,albeit with a motive to sell and distort it for a selfish and pre-programmed end)

Whoever that is smart and discerning would have seen the frequency and serpentine manner with which these individuals(Yesterday's men) try to pontificate over a matter with a fake solomonic eyewitness account of what happened in the past

But a cursory look at their body language will tell one that they seem to have been commissioned for a revenge and hatchet job against personalities who were hitherto responsible for their political mystery

Whoever that is bitter with Buhari should go to Katsina and invite him out for a bout of pugilism or If peradventure Tinubu was responsible for delivering the killer punch into the Political coffin of some latter days rabblerousers such as these,they should go and cry at the main gate of his Bourdillon Apartment rather than attempt to feed us with lies seasoned with heavy dosage of idiocy

If you allege someone,prove it or forever hold yr peace Alh Tanko Yakassai!
oga carry ur plenty grama go 1side abeg

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by ShineIt: 12:29am On Nov 24, 2013
Its always been obvious that Buhari can't be trusted. Its nice to see another northerner reaffirming our belief that Buhari is s bigot.

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Amazondepth(m): 12:53am On Nov 24, 2013
That d north has d majority in terms of population is debatable. That APC is a core yoruba party advancing ethnic agenda is a possibilty. That Buhari is not to be trusted is unquestionable. That GEJ will b president come 2015 is undeniable. That Nigeria is one indivisble united entity is pure fallacy!

3 Likes

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by rexzqcom(m): 3:27am On Nov 24, 2013
No wonder, most Nigerians are not buying Buhari's denials of complicities in the Bokoharam's insurgency. Once bitten, twice shy. He is a habitual lier. Caught red handed planning to topple Shagari's democratically elected govt., he denied, people bought his lies. The rest is now history.
Now he think he can do what he did then using military armed criminals to steal the highest office in the nation, with armed civilians religious bigoted criminals to force himself back to power again. Buhari is an unrepentant, unatone, irresponsible criminal armed robber. In a sane society, this guy should be locked up doing time for his crimes. Destroyed a young democratic order with an overblown, trumped up allegations of mass govt corruptions that could not be proved by his own constituted kangaroo military tribunal. Whereas, he is the corrupt thief. I guess his loots then, and the billions petrol-dollars he stole during the reign of terror of his gang member in crimes, Abacha, must be running low. Now he want to come and loot some more again. Omo-Ole.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by blaqoracle: 5:48am On Nov 24, 2013
GO BACK TO BED AND SLEEP.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by GetGuide: 6:11am On Nov 24, 2013
the politics in nig never change
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by PointB: 7:15am On Nov 24, 2013
shymexx:

^^^^^ grin grin grin grin Yoruba's are smart ar.ses and supreme technicians when it comes to politics!!

Salute!! grin

I need some of that sneaky brain in my life - I'm too real!! undecided

This would have been correct if those you are dealing with couldn't figure your move. But when everything is as as glaring as it to now to the North and your fellow Southerners, such so called 'smartness' is nothing but hypocrisy to the north and treachery in south. Now everyone one knows Yorubas words are not their bond. They will soon look across the Niger to see there are indeed those indeed who when they give the words they stand by it. It will be foolishness on part of any political strategist not to take note of this.

We stand by GEJ for 2015 election. That is our word, our bond - we are Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 24, 2013
PointB:

This would have been correct if those you are dealing with couldn't figure your move. But when everything is as as glaring as it to now to the North and your fellow Southerners, such so called 'smartness' is nothing but hypocrisy to the north and treachery in south. Now everyone one knows Yorubas words are not their bond. They will soon look across the Niger to see there are indeed those indeed who when they give the words they stand by it. It will be foolishness on part of any political strategist not to take note of this.

We stand by GEJ for 2015 election. That is our word, our bond - we are Igbos.

The "word" is NEVER "bond" when it comes to politics, or should I say "realpolitik" like Henry Kissinger would say. You've to always look out for your own interests, since there are no permanent friends or foes. It's a game of number and as long as you can manipulate the number to your advantage - you can never lose. You own the ace, keep it to your chest and know when to play it.

I doubt everyone knows anything. You only know what they want you to know. The "ace" is still there and you can keep second guessing on what the next type would be.

I doff my hat to Yoruba politicians - they're supreme strategists! cool
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Donphilip1: 7:37am On Nov 24, 2013
The man knws wat he is saying
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 24, 2013
from the time of Gowon to date, between the millitary guys and civilians like Shagari whom we were in govt. together with, and whom we've been in politics with for over 60yrs, whole stole the most?
lol... am I the only one that got this part?, never knew it was a competition. 9ja!!!
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Mannastoress: 7:53am On Nov 24, 2013
If is about tonto dike you will read it even if is 10 pages long
Mubby4luv: Too long

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 7:53am On Nov 24, 2013
SeaGold: these northern idiats are bunch of clown. See this old man lying to the grave to cover up conspiracy.

The coup that toppled shagari is an northern agenda to perpetuate itself in power. It was a purely a political conspiracy against Ndigbo.

Why will a sitting president, fully aware that a coup is in the offing, play cool with the northern treason adventurers by wearing bullet proof all over the place?

Why didn't he gather the suspected coupist, try them according to the law of the land and if they are found guilty, let justice prevail accordingly. Rather, he treat it with kid gloves.

This country has never been one and can never be. GEJ don't have the balls but bet me, Nigeria seize to exist the day an ibo man grabs power.
and that's why an ibo man will never grab power until y'all change your mindset. #peacez
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by yemosworld(m): 7:57am On Nov 24, 2013
The day we forget the past and put aside ethnic and religious srntiments.then nigeria will begin to move forward
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 24, 2013
yemosworld: The day we forget the past and put aside ethnic and religious srntiments.then nigeria will begin to move forward
put aside ethnic and religious sentiments... We can. But forget the past we cannot, we need to learn from it.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by chimex38: 8:13am On Nov 24, 2013
Until i become president, Nigeria will neva change...

The more impossible it is d more we remain undeveloped & in disunity period.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 24, 2013
utumunta: No matter how one sees this interview, I think the man spoke from the heart. Though some truths here might be coloured by sentiment, that does not negate the fact that they are truth as known by Alhaji Yakassai.

I have read the book he spoke about by President Shagari and could not believe that the reason Buhari was hell-bent on crating Umaru Dikko back to Nigeria was because he did not trust Buhari and wanted Buhari retired from the military. When he couldn't get that, he ensured Buhari was sent away from the seat of power, to Jos where he would be irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Buhari never forgave his enemies. He wanted dikko by all means. This is not denying the corruption inherent in that govt, no matter how infinitesimal.

Why was Alex Ekwueme, a vice-president, kept in Kirikiri while his boss( president Shagari) was under house arrest and enjoying good food and some luxuries? Since when did a vice-president become liable for the actions of a govt he served and his principal, not? Everyone and anyone in his shoes(except a saint) will not hesitate to see it as northern conspiracy against him. Good thing is; he came out of it not bitter and his approach to politics has been above that of his peers who are still active in politics.

On a last note: it is a shame that we are still talking about this buhari today.

Do not derail frm d main issue here, which is abt why yar'adua was sneaked to the country without his vice knowledge.

But abt buhari, this man, tanko yakassai mentioned dat some senior military officers went to obassanjo and asked him to hand over to buhari;
First, he said "SOME" who were the some? He couldn't evn mention jst one name..the event is in the past, and those invovled are no longer in power, so why is he being so afraid of mentioning names..??

Secondly, he never mentioned that buhari himself went to obasanjo and asked him to hand over power to him.. This statement already, has exonorated buhari frm all the coup claims

Thirdly, those who participated actively in that coup, has come out several times to exonorate buhari frm the coup, the coup was masterminded by IBB and his allies, and they needed someone with integrity to save their face because they had truncated a democratic govt, and they needed to prove to the world they have a better option than the govt they truncated, hence, Buhari-that is why his govt never lasted much because the coup plotters main aim was to use him as a font for their own coup

Buhari had time without number challenged all those makin allegations on him to come out boldly with facts and challenge him.. He has challenged everyone to go and ask the people he worked with, he had served in various military and civil capacity, yet, none of the people he had worked with ever accused him of any of the ills all those propagandist are doing..

Even if it was true dat buhari had wanted power evn bfor shagari, then obasanjo would have mentioned it long ago and used it against buhari during the 2003 and 2007 elections

Why was ekweme in kiri kiri while his boss was under house arrest?? You and I know that there is a thin line between ethnic tolerance in this country. Ekweme was more of a security threat of the peace of the country than shagari..with his influence on the east, he is in a vast position to cause upheavals for the new govt..mind you, even the yakassai himself, a northerner was also in kiri kiri, so it wasn't basically cos of ethnicity, it was based on the amnt of security threat he holds
Finally, YES, we are still, and would still be clamouring for BUHARI, because despite all the false allegations being levelled against him to smeer his integrity, he still stands tall with integrity and commands respect from both friends and foe..I tell u, Buhari wld command more respect than yakassai even in yakassai's household...peace

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by donem: 8:36am On Nov 24, 2013
Long piece of sense
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by uprightman(m): 8:47am On Nov 24, 2013
but read in one buhari interview where he said that he don't know about d coup .that he was forced to become president after d coup.who is telling us truth?
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by chimex38: 8:48am On Nov 24, 2013
A.jeez:

Do not derail frm d main issue here, which is abt why yar'adua was sneaked to the country without his vice knowledge.

But abt buhari, this man, tanko yakassai mentioned dat some senior military officers went to obassanjo and asked him to hand over to buhari;
First, he said "SOME" who were the some? He couldn't evn mention jst one name..the event is in the past, and those invovled are no longer in power, so why is he being so afraid of mentioning names..??

Secondly, he never mentioned that buhari himself went to obasanjo and asked him to hand over power to him.. This statement already, has exonorated buhari frm all the coup claims

Thirdly, those who participated actively in that coup, has come out several times to exonorate buhari frm the coup, the coup was masterminded by IBB and his allies, and they needed someone with integrity to save their face because they had truncated a democratic govt, and they needed to prove to the world they have a better option than the govt they truncated, hence, Buhari-that is why his govt never lasted much because the coup plotters main aim was to use him as a font for their own coup

Buhari had time without number challenged all those makin allegations on him to come out boldly with facts and challenge him.. He has challenged everyone to go and ask the people he worked with, he had served in various military and civil capacity, yet, none of the people he had worked with ever accused him of any of the ills all those propagandist are doing..

Even if it was true dat buhari had wanted power evn bfor shagari, then obasanjo would have mentioned it long ago and used it against buhari during the 2003 and 2007 elections

Finally, YES, we are still, and would still be clamouring for BUHARI, because despite all the false allegations being levelled against him to smeer his integrity, he still stands tall with integrity and commands respect from both friends and foe..I tell u, Buhari wld command more respect than yakassai even in yakassai's household...peace
U're Obsessed wit Buhar jst as u are with marijuana....

U know wat happens dey neva achieve dier aim 2 dier host. .its either ur obsession kills u or u end up killin ur self 4 lack of it...
My dear let ur obsession RIP..for d gud of all.

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by uprightman(m): 8:54am On Nov 24, 2013
but read in one buhari interview where he said that he don't know about d coup .that he was forced to become president after d coup.who is telling us truth?now its coming from his brother not from souther
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by uprightman(m): 8:58am On Nov 24, 2013
but i read in one buhari interview at sun newspaper where he said that he don't know about d coup untill it was excuted.that he was forced to become president after d coup.who is telling us truth?now its coming from his brother not from southerner.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by chimex38: 9:04am On Nov 24, 2013
uprightman: but i read in one buhari interview at sun newspaper where he said that he don't know about d coup untill it was excuted.that he was forced to become president after d coup.who is telling us truth?now its coming from his brother not from southerner.
o boy, go buy new sim or chang network operator..why u dey repeat post anyhow?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President-Elect To Emerge Today-Jega / 2019: Buhari’s Foot Soldiers In South-east / Why Atiku May Lose 2019 Presidential Election – PDP Governor [Premium Times]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.