Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,748 members, 7,809,864 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

"Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" (39013 Views)

IGR: 5 Reasons Why Northern States Perform Poorly / Why Northern Senators Opposed Petroleum Industry Bill / Why Northern States Can’t Pay Minimum Wage, By Zamfara Gov . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 9:06am On Nov 24, 2013
chimex38:
U're Obsessed wit Buhar jst as u are with marijuana....

U know wat happens dey neva achieve dier aim 2 dier host. .its either ur obsession kills u or u end up killin ur self 4 lack of it...
My dear let ur obsession RIP..for d gud of all.

I dnt hav ur time for ur kind pls..

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by kettykin: 9:12am On Nov 24, 2013
If only Yakassai did his home work very well he would have realised who hated the other very much, is it Ekwueme that hates the North or the North that would rather have an ex convict rule over the country than Ekwueme to rule over the country
The North that sabotaged every effort for an igbo to become a minister after the civil war despite the fact that some igbos fought for Nigeria, besides if the creation of 19 states in the north is seen as a welcome development how come the creation of 3 geopolitical zones in the north seen as division of the north.
The north that used state creations to split the former Eastern Region into states moving igbo speaking areas to Rivers state and delta state, removing access to the sea from the south eastern states where the biggest importers traders reside and where the biggest markets are located does not see it as hatred.

The north in whose reign Nigeria had oil boom with international airports constructed in most states in the north and in the south west unviable airports in Akure , ibadan and illorin and only 1 local Enugu airport in igbo land despite the large travelling population does not see that as hatred

The North during whose regime of 38 years no igbo man was deemed fit to be made minister of power, defence, petroleum, internal affairs, police affairs, inspector general of police, chief of army staffor air staff or naval staff, national security advisor, minister for industry secretary to the federal government and head of service, chairman of NPC, NPA, comptroller general of customs, immigration, prison.
The truth is who really hates who and why would the North go to every extent to cover up their deep hatred for the igbos with wicked lies and propaganda

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 24, 2013
uprightman: but read in one buhari interview where he said that he don't know about d coup .that he was forced to become president after d coup.who is telling us truth?now its coming from his brother not from souther

That is the truth, read the post again, yakasai mentioned some senior military officers had asked obj to hand over to buhari, not buhari himself went to make the request.. D same thing played afterwards.he never carried out the coup, the same senior military officers carried out the coup and brought him to power to save face...if shagari, as the head of state is soo pre emtive abt buhari carrying out a coup, why didn't he hav him investigated and tried?? Why sit and wait five years and let him carry out the coup?
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by fiizznation: 10:03am On Nov 24, 2013
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by callmenow: 10:29am On Nov 24, 2013
This interview shows that Nigeria has stepped up from 'banana republic' mentality of maximum ruler state of affairs. Contrast what these unpatriotic Nigerians did then with the late Yar adua and what happened in the past few days. According to my informants at the High Commission chancery in London, GEJ landed in Luton Airport in Bedfordshire on Wednesday. He had apparently complained of feeling unwell before departing for UK. He was moved to his suite for meetings. He informed his medical team that he is having acute stomach cramp. They cancelled all appointments to deal with what everyone experiences periodically. Because of his office, he was assessed and passed as 'fit'. However, because of lack of eating, he felt weak and could not sustain the glad handing of the delegates the next day. His media kept everyone informed of every development. GEJ is setting a precedent that those waiting in the wings to assume the presidential mantle to follow. No more Abacha or Yar adua kind of 'divine' hoodwinking of Nigeria and the world. Well done GEJ. But we must be vigilant to the goings on in the Presidency. Sahara reporters demeans and diminishes all of us by making false accusations to denigrate the symbol of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Bawss1(m): 10:49am On Nov 24, 2013
Snuck not sneaked*
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by PointB: 11:57am On Nov 24, 2013
A.jeez:

That is the truth, read the post again, yakasai mentioned some senior military officers had asked obj to hand over to buhari, not buhari himself went to make the request.. D same thing played afterwards.he never carried out the coup, the same senior military officers carried out the coup and brought him to power to save face...if shagari, as the head of state is soo pre emtive abt buhari carrying out a coup, why didn't he hav him investigated and tried??...

Yes it's true that Buhari had no hand in the coup even though the planning was done in his house, just as it is true that he was too young to be involved in the July counter coup that triggered the civil war even though his unit murdered their unarmed colleagues while he was there. Buhari was never part of any scheming and coup plots, and murders- he is Saint Muhamadu! All hail him!!
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by truefact: 12:08pm On Nov 24, 2013
fiizznation: nonsense.. D northerners hate u igbo folks and yet u fools r all wandering in d north frm one state to anoda like d parasites that u r without anybody harassing u, and many fo u hav numerous businesses here in d north... See lemme tell u igbo folks screaming for war in nigeria, if any civil war shd arise again u guys ll b in d middle of the heat... I knw d igbos leaving here in d north r nice folks and I hav many of them as frds... But u igbos in dat ur jungle east r jst very pathetic and dnt hav a clue on the happenings of this nation. Be careful of what u wish for

You are damn s..ly..just as c^w you are. the igbos wanders in your north because your northern leaders has taken everything out of the igbo land and made it the jungle you called it. Since after the war, the igbo never had a representation in the Nigerian govt...tell me how the can prospers without wandering to find the means of survive....however, the PUN in on you, because you had everything at your beck and call, yet you are bigger jungle...then tell me who is a f000000l

Just read kettykin post again, then you would find enough reason why an igbo should wander. i can simply put, you are a true c0w and big id00t

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Forwetinnah: 12:48pm On Nov 24, 2013
"The value of the broom is to sweep, but when it is disorganized it cannot sweep anything..it is useless if its not together"
I see..South South take note
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by creazor(m): 1:25pm On Nov 24, 2013
This man has spoken the truth, though I sensed tribalism in his assertions.
For those talking about Buhari's innocence, I would've believd but this is the same man who is a boko haram stalwart (he made promises of violence pre and post the 2011elections).

All in all, these guys have their hands covered with blood. We want a new Nigeria, not the same old faces. These old and ugly stories keep coming up because the same old pple try to disturb d younger generation.

CHANGE IS CONSTANT. LET NATURE TAKE ITS COURSE.

Until I find a better Candidate, #TEAM FRESH AIR #TEAM GEJ

1 Like

Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by jdilight(m): 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2013
oluface: And how does this affect nigeria positively

To know who Buhari really is, a corrupt man!
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2013
PointB:

Yes it's true that Buhari had no hand in the coup even though the planning was done in his house, just as it is true that he was too young to be involved in the July counter coup that triggered the civil war even though his unit murdered their unarmed colleagues while he was there. Buhari was never part of any scheming and coup plots, and murders- he is Saint Muhamadu! All hail him!!

The coup planning was done in his house? Where did u get dat frm? Which of those who ever participated in that coup mentioned that??

I would implore you to read your post again..u said "HE WAS there when his unarmed collegues frm d east were murdered, But he didnt paricipated in the act..so wat is his crime? U expect him to single handedly fight off the attackers? U said they were un armed collegue of his, which implied that at that moment, he too was unarmed..now I hav had the priviledge of being in a military academy, and I know how over zealous young military officers are, if it were another person, I bet u, he won't hesitate to even lead the butchering..
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 25, 2013
utumunta: No matter how one sees this interview, I think the man spoke from the heart. Though some truths here might be coloured by sentiment, that does not negate the fact that they are truth as known by Alhaji Yakassai.

I have read the book he spoke about by President Shagari and could not believe that the reason Buhari was hell-bent on crating Umaru Dikko back to Nigeria was because he did not trust Buhari and wanted Buhari retired from the military. When he couldn't get that, he ensured Buhari was sent away from the seat of power, to Jos where he would be irrelevant in the scheme of things.

Buhari never forgave his enemies. He wanted dikko by all means. This is not denying the corruption inherent in that govt, no matter how infinitesimal.

Why was Alex Ekwueme, a vice-president, kept in Kirikiri while his boss( president Shagari) was under house arrest and enjoying good food and some luxuries? Since when did a vice-president become liable for the actions of a govt he served and his principal, not? Everyone and anyone in his shoes(except a saint) will not hesitate to see it as northern conspiracy against him. Good thing is; he came out of it not bitter and his approach to politics has been above that of his peers who are still active in politics.

On a last note: it is a shame that we are still talking about this buhari today.
Yes, it wasn't because Umaru Dikko stole more than today's equivalent of $2billion, ur own crazy story seems more plausible.

Why does Buhari give you all sleepless nights?
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 25, 2013
jdilight:

To know who Buhari really is, a corrupt man!

People like u are a shame to humanity.
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by PointB: 10:13am On Nov 25, 2013
A.jeez:

The coup planning was done in his house? Where did u get dat frm? Which of those who ever participated in that coup mentioned that??

I would implore you to read your post again..u said "HE WAS there when his unarmed collegues frm d east were murdered, But he didnt paricipated in the act..so wat is his crime? U expect him to single handedly fight off the attackers? U said they were un armed collegue of his, which implied that at that moment, he too was unarmed..now I hav had the priviledge of being in a military academy, and I know how over zealous young military officers are, if it were another person, I bet u, he won't hesitate to even lead the butchering..

I doubt you took your time to read through the interview. I guess you read this first post and have since based your arguments on that. Read the post below slowly for enlightenment.

There was also a revelation in the book that General Domkat Bali’s wife thought her husband was having an affair when she noticed that he always came home late, unlike him. When her suspicion became too much, one day he told her that he was not having an affair, but he was always coming back late because they were meeting in Buhari’s house to stage a coup. Buhari was the GOC in Jos at the time, and he told her not to tell anyone.

Incidentally, Domkat Bali’s wife is related to the wife of Solomon Lar, the then Governor of Plateau State. She realised that a coup would affect her relatives’ husband, and she could not take it, because she feared he could be killed. So, she told Lar’s wife, and Lar’s wife also told her husband.

Buhari murdering of his colleagues have been roundly discussed in this thread. You should recap:

https://www.nairaland.com/1281540/how-muhammadu-buhari-murdered-colleagues

That Buhari participated in the cold murder of his colleague is not even debatable despite his tepid response that he was too young then. Perhaps, he could have chucked it up as young exuberrant, and inexperienced and ask for forgiveness. He is just not man enough to face his past. Facing your past is not the same as dwelling in it. Buhari fits perfectly into the mold of a coward!
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by iriferi(m): 10:13am On Nov 25, 2013
sagombugo: I have said it on this forum that some Old,senile,disgruntled,pained,relevance-seeking and charlatans have been systematically commissioned by a jittery GEJ to engage in HISTORICAL REVISIONISM(attempting to rewrite history,albeit with a motive to sell and distort it for a selfish and pre-programmed end)

Whoever that is smart and discerning would have seen the frequency and serpentine manner with which these individuals(Yesterday's men) try to pontificate over a matter with a fake solomonic eyewitness account of what happened in the past

But a cursory look at their body language will tell one that they seem to have been commissioned for a revenge and hatchet job against personalities who were hitherto responsible for their political mystery

Whoever that is bitter with Buhari should go to Katsina and invite him out for a bout of pugilism or If peradventure Tinubu was responsible for delivering the killer punch into the Political coffin of some latter days rabblerousers such as these,they should go and cry at the main gate of his Bourdillon Apartment rather than attempt to feed us with lies seasoned with heavy dosage of idiocy

If you allege someone,prove it or forever hold yr peace Alh Tanko Yakassai!
Shut up man!!! No body understands you!!!
Re: "Why Northern Leaders Sneaked Yar’Adua Into Nigeria Without Telling Jonathan" by annawhite(f): 7:33pm On Nov 26, 2013
isale_gan2:

All kidding aside, why would a Calabar not be elected? Who are two or three prominent Kalabaris that you would nominate, given the chance?
kalabaris ke? I'm a calabar woman,cross riverian
Not kalabaris the ijaw people#

Oga re asked# grin ur question

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See The Moment President Buhari Was Mobbed By Fans / How I Was Forcefully Married To Boko Haram Since 2014, Escaped Chibok Schoolgirl / Tinubu Lands In Imo For Meeting With The Private Sector (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.