Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,366 members, 7,819,315 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (154288 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2014
jodeci01: Why's the middle one low on the shocks?

Might be the height adjustment setting.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:07pm On Sep 14, 2014
cne010:
Might be the height adjustment setting.
You are right. Calibration is being done to stop the suspension from falling again.

Shagati: ^^^What was the occasion?
Saturday repairs and oil change, cd error repairs also. Pimping from 2005 to 2010. Final picture after painting the HSE.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by maxit2(m): 7:20pm On Sep 19, 2014
Hello,
My 08 Range Sport(Supercharged) was working fine until i had a fuel-pump problem. I changed the fuel-pump,8-plugs,brake bulbs and serviced the injector.
The car started and all cylinders were firing well.

However, after this installation i observed the car was not balanced. The dashboard was showing almost all the errors.

1. HDC fault system unavailable
2. Special programs unavailable
3. ABS
4. BRAKE (red light)
5. A yellow sign that probably means the car isn't stable(balanced)
6. One or two other yellow signs. BUT no engine or oil sign.

Now the suspension buttons are not working. The terrain selection button(To select stuff life, granite, smooth road, mud, e.t.c) is also not working. The button for (Hill Descend) doesn't respond. It just constantly shows that the car is descending down a hill. Sometimes, the car alarm(Panic) just goes on even when there is no cause for alarm.

I am NOT from Lagos, so far i have taken the car to two major auto-electricians in my small city. They have tried and it's still not working.

Has anyone encountered or heard of this problem before ? Any recommendations ?
Should i bring the car to Lagos ? is there a guarantee that it can be fixed there ? Is there an official LandRover dealer shop in Lagos ?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
Change the brake switch and ensure the bulbs they fixed on the Range are meant for the Range. Also let me know the number of the spark plugs they installed on your supercharged. Call me on 08098534267
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
The finished work

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by jodeci01: 10:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
sooperrescue: The finished work
Abeg stop being stingy with the photos, your fans deserve to see some more smiley

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Readonee35L(m): 7:47am On Sep 20, 2014
jodeci01:
Abeg stop being stingy with the photos, your fans deserve to see some more smiley
am telling you
hian

abeg post more pictures of d ride jarreee
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by maxit2(m): 8:02am On Sep 20, 2014
sooperrescue: Change the brake switch and ensure the bulbs they fixed on the Range are meant for the Range. Also let me know the number of the spark plugs they installed on your supercharged. Call me on 08098534267

Thanks,
According to the Auto-Electrician, he changed all 8 plugs. BUT you know he might be lying. But what he told me is what i know.

Please can you help me order the following GENUINE parts ?

1. Brake switch
2. Brake bulb
3. Genuine Xenon bulb (For the HEADLAMP)

I have been doing my own research online as these local electricians are basically just deploying "trial n error" technique.
From my findings, a whole lot of people have pointed to faulty brake switch or incompatible bulbs.
Another new finding is that if the car is suspended(jacked) for a long time, the air-charge in the suspension system can develop a fault which will require it to be reset using special system(Autologic).
Truth is, i am guilty of the above possible cause of problem because while changing the fuel pump the electrician suspended the car using a screw-jack for almost a day or two and i am 100% sure the brake bulb is NOT genuine.

So if you can get me these items i listed. Let me know the cost and let me know WHEN you can get it. The only advantage i have is i have another car for movement. Hence i can take my time to fix my range even though the ZDX is nothing compared to the performance of the MIGHTY range supercharged....

Awaiting your response chief!
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:07am On Sep 20, 2014
A thousand apologies. We never wash d car and d dvd never work. But by afternoon, the fotos will be posted here.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:17am On Sep 20, 2014
The number on the plugs not the quantity. The supercharged spark plugs is not the same as the hse and i want to find out if they used the correct plugs. The engine is what matters most. All the other faults are just 2 hrs job. The genuine parts you requested for are available but you have not told us the small city where the Range is and you also need to call me
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by maxit2(m): 8:56am On Sep 20, 2014
sooperrescue: The number on the plugs not the quantity. The supercharged spark plugs is not the same as the hse and i want to find out if they used the correct plugs. The engine is what matters most. All the other faults are just 2 hrs job. The genuine parts you requested for are available but you have not told us the small city where the Range is and you also need to call me

How small can this world get. smiley

Please work with him, i will meet him up to place the order for the original xenon headlights....
I also read in some places that some of these things can be caused by bad battery. Do you see this as a possibility ?

Reason be, Whenever you START the car and simultaneously press the SUSPENSION button, it works.(i.e, the suspension goes up or down depending on where you pressed)...
But after that, the suspension button doesn't work anymore. If you need it to work again, just turn off the car. START the engine n hold the button simultaneously again.

Could this be as a result of battery? perhaps the battery reaches it's maximum power output during startup ?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:37am On Sep 21, 2014
No problem. Will work with him to resolve this
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
Free Diagnostics and repair advice for all Range Rover owners begins tomorrow at our Lagos Mainland Workshop, Airforce Engineering Squadron, two minutes from Ikeja Along, just by Agege Motor Rd. Take advantage and put an end to the agonising fear of expensive repairs that has accompanied the ownership of a Range Rover. Call 08098534267 for further details

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:52am On Sep 22, 2014
Hi guys,
Who has the scoop on the evoque. That car looks like a work of art to me, although my friends say the 2.0 litre engine should make me think again. I am now leaning towards the x6, but I see that the car is becoming popular, oh and they say it's a ladies car as well.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 4:24pm On Sep 22, 2014
It is supposed to be so. Oga takes the New Sport while Madam takes the Evoque. That way, no civil war in the house. But if the man gets greedy and gives Madam a CRV while he is using the Evoque, Boko Haram's insurgency will be a child s play.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by moxziey: 11:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
@sooperescue_In Nigeria,if you don't make excess gain,your business ain't making sense.If you don't cheat at every opportunity provided by an individual or a group of people,you're not smart enough!!!!!!!
I met somebody different,true and rare.At a point,I wondered if I was still in NIGERIA and if he was truly a NIGERIAN,original IGBO MAN at that!Things that made me happy the most?

*He said he'd scan my vehicle#2007/2008 range rover sport HSE FREE and he did with no stories involved...
*His personality,AMAZING!!!
*Your vehicle at it's best performance,his greatest JOY!!!!!!!!
*I benefited from his freebie#FREE SCAN...this made me very happy,sorry I had to mention this again,as the story might change when you get to "other" Nigerian workshops#20k#Go for your free scan,it's not FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

I'm happy I met you,internet hasn't provided me the best of friends but you,exceptional!God bless you SIR!

4 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 1:16am On Sep 25, 2014
Hmmmmm. I am blushing. Amen and thanks. Point of correction, I am a Bini man and I have learnt from when I was a little boy that you dont have to cheat to be a winner. I enjoy driving my Sport and I see no reason why others will be deprived of the same thrills. That Sport has taken me to so many places and favours too, hence the renewed interest to spread the good news that any one can own a Range Rover without having a deep pocket. We have fixed some cars that cost more than a typical Range Rover repairs yet they will say TOYOTA is easy to maintain. Elizade fixed my Sister's N3.5m 2009 Corolla in 2012 for N2m in Abuja and till date, the car is like a scrap, yet Toyota is easy to maintain. Thanks Bros, will give you that information tomorrow.

4 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 1:18am On Sep 25, 2014
Range Rover Sport Overheating

If you want to take care of your car properly.

it is vital that drivers understand the way to maintain the car‘s engine. The majority of vehicle cost is really expensive. Which is undoubtedly a small fortune. when compared with other brands of vehicles.Engine capabilities is normally on a more fantastic range regarding speed,responsiveness ,acceleration, plus braking .

you know the feeling if your car has been running hot.

An overheating engine is more than a bummer, it will leave you on the side of the road if you do not take good care of this good killer,it will be an expensive repair bill.Let us pray that traffic breaks enough for us to get some air flowing over the radiator so that engine temperature needle will go down just a little bit. there are only a few things that commonly cause an engine to overheat regularly.

Possible causes:

–Engine coolant level may be too low.

–There may be a vacuum leak.

–Cylinder head gasket may be bad.

–Engine’s drive belts may be broken or slipping.

–There may be a leak in the cooling system.

–The electric cooling fan may not be coming on.

–The ignition timing may be set wrong.

–The engine may have mechanical problems.

–Range Rover Sport is over loaded or driven too hard.

In some cases your engine may be running fine, and may seem to be cured of its overheating problem except on extended drives or long sits in traffic. Maybe this is the case with your Range Rover Sport check out your Range Rover Sport yourself so that you know what is the matter.

You may find that the engine runs fine but gets very hot while driving. What is this problem?It usually occurs after moderate to extended periods of driving. You should notice steam coming from the hood or smell coolant. The overheating can ruin a trip. If you are driving and notice the temperature gauge is all the way up to the “H,” your Range Rover Sport is “running hot” and overheating will occur shortly. It causes damage to the engine each time overheating occurs.

Range Rover Sport overheating problems can be costly. If you want to avoid the delays and costs overheating causes, follow these tips. Read on to know what you should do when your car seems ready to overheat.

1. Electric Cooling Fan Failure An electric cooling fan which isn’t coming on can cause your engine to overheat. When your Range Rover Sport isn’t going fast enough to ram it through from the front, the electric cooling fan draws cooler air through your radiator. You can test this by letting your car idle long enough for the engine to heat up. Keep an eye on your temperature gauge if you’ve been having an overheating problem in traffic. When it starts creeping into the danger zone, look under the hood to see if your electric fan is running. If it’s not, you’ll need to figure out why. There are two usual causes to this:

One is Bad Electric Fan and the other is Bad Radiator Fan Switch.

2. Clogged Radiator If your Range Rover Sport has more than 50,000 miles on it, your radiator could start getting gummed up. By flushing your radiator every year,You can avoid this and other problems associated with old coolant.There’s nothing good about an overheating problem. You should try to fix the problem as quickly as possible if your engine is running hot. A hot engine can do damage to itself, even if you aren’t going into a full overheating.And also you should Check your oil regularly to be sure you are providing adequate lubrication to your engine, everything you can do to reduce heat buildup helps!

3. Low Coolant By a large margin, the most common cause for engine overheating is simply a low coolant level. Your engine’s cooling system relies on coolant to circulate and remove heat from the engine .Heat will build up and your engine will overheat, If you don’t have enough coolant in there to do the job. No amount of water will help if you don’t have enough coolant in the radiator to transfer that heat. By far, the first thing you should do if your engine seems to be running hot is check your coolant level.

4. Thermostat Not Opening The most common symptom of a failed thermostat is overheating at highway speeds. Your engine may be able to stay cool at low speeds because it’s not working that hard, and therefore not creating as much heat. But at highway speeds your engine needs lots of coolant flowing through. If the thermostat doesn’t open, there isn’t enough flow to keep things cool, and you’ll find yourself looking more like a steam ship than a sedan going down the highway.

5. Broken Fan Belt There are still lots of engines out there which have a fan belt to drive the engine cooling fan. If you see a belt attached to your fan, you’re in this club. The good news is your repair is always cheaper than the electric guys. You can replace your fan belt easily if it’s broken.

It’s always a good idea to keep a flashlight, supply of water, and brake fluid in your car. Having these items on-hand and knowing how to check your antifreeze is really necessary for your Range Rover Sport. If your Range Rover Sport continues to “run hot”, do have a qualified mechanic diagnose the problem. Overheating is an issue that should never be ignored and should be addressed promptly.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:02am On Sep 25, 2014
The new generation of Range Rovers. Yours to choose. The best go anywhere vehicle you can ever imagine with total comfort.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 10:46pm On Sep 27, 2014
sooperrescue: A thousand apologies. We never wash d car and d dvd never work. But by afternoon, the fotos will be posted here.
we still waiting for the pics bro, remember the former and later pics for us to see the diff and appreciate the works.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:55am On Sep 28, 2014
Nor vex.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 28, 2014
sooperrescue: Nor vex.
that's good bro, u got the B4 restoration pics?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 2:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
yes o

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 2:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
more

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by jodeci01: 2:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
Nice!
Interior pics nko? or didnt it get the make over as well?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:54pm On Sep 28, 2014
Nothing in the interior except dvd and changing all the bulbs to white. It gave the Range a heavenly interior feeling. But the total renovation was hovering around 1.2m.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 28, 2014
sooperrescue: Nothing in the interior except dvd and changing all the bulbs to white. It gave the Range a heavenly interior feeling. But the total renovation was hovering around 1.2m.

Nice work a new paint job would also make it look better. 1.2m but it is really worth it.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
The Range has been over pampered from birth. It was bought brand new and as an occasional Sunday Sunday ride. It was involved in an accident and the passenger side was shattered. The owner wanted to buy a new one and let this one go but we counseled him to make it new instead of buying new. So with the job done, it is really worth it. Every dime. The only problem is that our local suppliers are too greedy. There was no time to order the parts from the UK. It would have been very cheap. The bumper and the headlights alone took N500,000. My gray hairs increased by 30%. But so far so good. Feeling good is good business, at least for the proud owner.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dROC1: 8:43am On Sep 29, 2014
@sooperrescue I've learnt a lot from this thread and your advice to the folks here seems genuine (I throway salute for that 2005 to 2010 pimping).

My former mechanic would have advised the guy with the suspension controls issue to change the TCM and the entire handbrake assembly (all costing 300k including service charge and programming) which wouldn't fix half of the issues. The major problem range rover owners have is that most technicians are out for blood, it can be frustating when you fall into the wrong hands. They have a way of creating new problems and overcharging you for them. Proffering useless solutions that will drain you and enrich them ( Since they think you are too rich to be driving a range rover anyways).

I burnt over 600k before I could get my AC fixed and it later went bad. The AC control module(110k) was the culprit affected by a leaky sunroof( which is common in the RRS 07-09). I would advice owners to order parts themselves in order to save cost. This practice has saved me up to 70k on single parts I ordered myself. In the early days I was ripped off on everythhing down to the bolts.
For those aspiring take note that the average brand new mechanical part costs 100k but brand new parts is the way to go.
With an honest technician you will enjoy your ride..

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:28pm On Sep 29, 2014
Thanks bros. There was a guy in vi who fix big cars. He charged a friend of mine to fix a/c related faults and a/c packed up. He later fixed the guy's suspension issues for 1,1m and when the guy cried to me after the suspension failed, the guy told me that the electronics in the range has collaspes. That same range was fixed for 50k and till date no suspension issues. There are guys who boast about where they take their range to. So they pay thru their nose. Like you said, it is better to order the parts. With paypal now active in Nigeria, it is easier to order ur parts and give it to us to fix. Imagine spending 500k to buy bumper and headlights of a Range. God help us.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 8:56am On Sep 30, 2014

boss I remain loyal.....

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:27am On Sep 30, 2014
Will get back to you today on that issue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.