Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:11 PM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (154054 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 5:13pm On Jun 26, 2022

Una don fight finish?!

Key Points to note ...

- do not mix coolant
- we still have poor fuel in nigeria
- Range Rovers have come to stay
- Oil plays a key role in engine safety
- Owners embellish vehicle issues....

I still have several engines for sale.

- Brand New V8 supercharged engine (fits L405, L494)
- Used LR3 Engine
- V6 3.0 engine

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2022
LeJeun3:

Una don fight finish?!

Key Points to note ...

- do not mix coolant
- we still have poor fuel in nigeria
- Range Rovers have come to stay
- Oil plays a key role in engine safety
- Owners embellish vehicle issues....

I still have several engines for sale.

- Brand New V8 supercharged engine (fits L405, L494)
- Used LR3 Engine
- V6 3.0 engine

We were brainstorming. Keep one grade 1 crankshaft for me for V6. I want to buy a new Range Rover 2015. So I need to put a refurbished engine on it. Thanks for your input. Range Rover,, above and beyond

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by HeavenlyBang(m): 6:07pm On Jun 26, 2022
Instead of buying a crappy Range Rover, buy a 4runner and a GLE.

Or just buy a Lexus LX, lmao. Why put yourself through all of this nonsense?

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by kingreign(m): 9:03pm On Jun 26, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Hahaha guy calm down na, the vawulense is too loud na

5 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:26pm On Jun 26, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Since 2011, I have been driving a V8. And it was a fulfillment of a vow that I made that I will never own a six cylinder car after giving out my E240 Mercedes. The reason I am getting a V6 is because of the supercharged attached to it so that I will not be carried away by the V8 like you did. Is there any V8 in a 4 runner? On the 8th day, God made the V8. Stick to it
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by olumzzz(m): 10:41pm On Jun 26, 2022
sooperrescue:

Since 2011, I have been driving a V8. And it was a fulfillment of a vow that I made that I will never own a six cylinder car after giving out my E240 Mercedes. The reason I am getting a V6 is because of the supercharged attached to it so that I will not be carried away by the V8 like you did. Is there any V8 in a 4 runner? On the 8th day, God made the V8. Stick to it
I pity your "clients". The 4runner and GLE have both 6 and 8 cylinder options

6 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:58pm On Jun 26, 2022
olumzzz:

Just like the Prado. Any way, all Toyota are the same driving experience. From Corolla to land cruiser, they don't have any excitement. By December this year, 11 years enmeshed with a Range Rover and a V8 in particular. The only time I owned a Toyota was the Toyota Supra 2.8 and then 3.0 Targa. Those were the best years of Toyota. Every other models from them are not for me.

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by 9icetoo(m): 6:26am On Jun 27, 2022
olumzzz:

I said the same thing earlier.
I really pity his customers.

If they know what I know, they'd sleep better. grin

5 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 6:48am On Jun 27, 2022
Thanks to everyone that participated at our brainstorming session . We appreciate all your inputs and suggestions. The final conclusions are never use coolants that are not suitable for the car. Even Abro should not be found in the car. Use quality oil and if your car requires 5w30, 5w20 or 0w20 or even 0w16, look for it and use it and ensure it is the highest standard. As for the fuel, add octane booster at all times. My phone number is within reach 24hrs and for your towing, call 08098534267.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by mammanbawa: 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2022
dru23:

Yes you are rite...but at what expense ..coolant is meant not only to protect the engine alone. But other parts of the engine.......

This is why some cars are overheating , thermostat becomes bad . The radiator becomes rusty because of the use of water.. This is why people replace radiator left and right. And than people end up buying double cell radiator ......

It now becomes a vicious cycle of fixing 1 thing or the other. The hoses of the car is affected and replacement needed .. You than start to " ring" or replace engine .. You end up doing all these things until the car tires you .... All you had to do was just use coolant to prevent these things .. U basically accumulate unnecessary expenses......

The bible says : "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge"

The car bible vision: people waste money because they lack knowledge or understanding on how to maintain their vehicles.. Or they hast rejected knowledge and understanding

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by mammanbawa: 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2022
sooperrescue:

That was when I was a general practitioner working with Total and Oando. I was changing oil for 8k now I change oil for 90k.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by mammanbawa: 12:16pm On Jun 27, 2022
9icetoo:

You don mad oo.

My mdx is still running on its original engine. No overhaul like your range Rover engines. One coil, one starter and one alternator after four years. No error codes whatsoever.
As fit as a horse on Nigerian fuel. Same can't be said for your range rovers.

You have a problem Sir.

Mercedes outnumbers your range rovers in Nigeria.

They are not as poorly made as your range Rover.

Maybe you are part of the problem the range Rover owners are experiencing but you do not know it.

You are demarketing yourself here oga.

Rest.

Spew less thrash.

My last response to you.

That otanato don sha enter the list grin

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by mammanbawa: 12:19pm On Jun 27, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by 9icetoo(m): 3:24pm On Jun 27, 2022
mammanbawa:

That otanato don sha enter the list grin
Yes oo.

I go share evidence later. Na water wey I swim burn the otanato oo.
grin
Our roads are horrible I swear.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by pointblank247(m): 4:04pm On Jun 27, 2022
The gurus and newbies in the house please i have a question.
I'm madly in love with range but people put a lot of fear in me whe i wanted to but a car, maybe because of the amount i had, so later bought a Toyota but i have not given up my dream to own a range.

Now my question is this, some times i do see a range on net for sale and with clean body too. buying 2008 range at 2m Nigeria used, is it advised, ? This guy is not a big income guy oo
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Kirkman: 5:27pm On Jun 27, 2022
sooperrescue:

NUT has failed Nigeria. You can not make a statement without insults. You call me Sir and said that I am mad. When you were crying over your dead pinging engine, you called me for the local solution which unfortunately I could not give you because you will come here to rant that I destroyed your Acura. Have you seen any Acura gliding on the road the way a Range Rover glides on the road? The bottom line is that you have nothing to offer here and it would be better you read threads created by heavenly Banga where God created the V8 on the eighth day. Then you will understand what we are talking about. The V6 supercharged of the Range Rovers is light years away from your Acura MDX that cannot endure Nigerian beautiful fuel.
Nigga I used to hold you in high esteem but from thread 45-47 you have been yapping rubbish. Slow down on the meds sir..
So those users in Nigeria that have been driving their Acura MDX's as their personal vehicles are ghosts abi ? undecided

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Kirkman: 5:29pm On Jun 27, 2022
sooperrescue:

Just like the Prado. Any way, all Toyota are the same driving experience. From Corolla to land cruiser, they don't have any excitement. By December this year, 11 years enmeshed with a Range Rover and a V8 in particular. The only time I owned a Toyota was the Toyota Supra 2.8 and then 3.0 Targa. Those were the best years of Toyota. Every other models from them are not for me.
You know nothing Jon Snow..

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:50pm On Jun 27, 2022
Kirkman:

You know nothing Jon Snow..
When people were buying Toyota Supra, where were you? I bought 2 editions but could not bring it to Nigeria in 1998 because we did not have the fuel for it and till today, we still don't have the fuel for Toyota Supra. My friend that bought the turbo of the Supra brought his own to Nigeria and the leaded fuel destroyed it. Have you ever driven a Toyota with turbo engine? They have been trying to build a twin turbo since 2000 for the Supra and it was not successful. Have you driven a Toyota Celica gt 2.0? When you think you know things you never knew, google will not help. Toyota brand for today is not the same as their yesterday and I was not buying Carina or corona, I was driving the highest of the brand and right now I am going to buy a 2015 Range Rover. Because it is my choice and I am the mechanic

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2022
pointblank247:
The gurus and newbies in the house please i have a question.
I'm madly in love with range but people put a lot of fear in me whe i wanted to but a car, maybe because of the amount i had, so later bought a Toyota but i have not given up my dream to own a range.

Now my question is this, some times i do see a range on net for sale and with clean body too. buying 2008 range at 2m Nigeria used, is it advised, ? This guy is not a big income guy oo

Three things to look out for, the state of the engine, the transmission and the air suspension. If the air suspension has been changed to spring, waka pass
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Kirkman: 8:02pm On Jun 27, 2022
sooperrescue:

When people were buying Toyota Supra, where were you? I bought 2 editions but could not bring it to Nigeria in 1998 because we did not have the fuel for it and till today, we still don't have the fuel for Toyota Supra. My friend that bought the turbo of the Supra brought his own to Nigeria and the leaded fuel destroyed it. Have you ever driven a Toyota with turbo engine? They have been trying to build a twin turbo since 2000 for the Supra and it was not successful. Have you driven a Toyota Celica gt 2.0? When you think you know things you never knew, google will not help. Toyota brand for today is not the same as their yesterday and I was not buying Carina or corona, I was driving the highest of the brand and right now I am going to buy a 2015 Range Rover. Because it is my choice and I am the mechanic
I have nothing to reply you with sir cos your misinformation on one post alone can give one headache. And I don't have the strength either to start countering you. Lemme just leave you to carry on with your typings and sit on the fence and watch. And congratulations on your incoming 2015 range rover but others like erico2k2 have done that and dusted it.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2022
Kirkman:

I have nothing to reply you with sir cos your misinformation on one post alone can give one headache. And I don't have the strength either to start countering you. Lemme just leave you to carry on with your typings and sit on the fence and watch. And congratulations on your incoming 2015 range rover but others like erico2k2 have done that and dusted it.

Thank you my brother for the congratulations. I deserve it. Fences are fragile nowadays so be mindful of the height. People who buy Range Rovers do so because it is their choice. A 1996 Toyota Supra does not have the fuel available in Nigeria. The only car having such privilege is the 1988 Volvo 760 gle. The options in that car, Toyota never gave it to it's modern cars until recently . The Abs that Volvo gave it's cars since 1983 is the nemesis of all Toyota cars since 2006 to the point where the highlander 2017 Abs module cost almost 2m to buy brand new. It's well
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:56pm On Jun 27, 2022
sooperrescue:

I bought 2 editions but could not bring it to Nigeria in 1998 because we did not have the fuel for it and till today, we still don't have the fuel for Toyota Supra. My friend that bought the turbo of the Supra brought his own to Nigeria and the leaded fuel destroyed it. Have you ever driven a Toyota with turbo engine? They have been trying to build a twin turbo since 2000 for the Supra and it was not successful.

You really just say the most random, weirdest things. So, you're saying Toyota couldn't build a twin turbo engine? grin grin

Mister man, the new Supra uses a BMW B58, an engine that has been in BMWs since 2015/2016. People dey drive am for Nigeria, their engine never explode. Don't take your crappy Range Rover engines to be the norm with German cars.

I drive a V8 Merc. 18 months now and still going strong, never had a power train issue. Who dey listen to you go feel say once person buy car for Nigeria the car go spoil immediately.

5 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2022
Kirkman:

Oga dey announce incoming 2015 Range Rover like say we suppose dey clap for am. With the 90k oil changes he does or whatever he said, he suppose dey order 2023 model.

4 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:05pm On Jun 27, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

You really just say the most random, weirdest things. So, you're saying Toyota couldn't build a twin turbo engine? grin grin
Haba I never said anything like that. I said that the twin turbo Toyota Supra was not successful, either because the sleeping headlights were changed or the power from the twin turbo was too powerful for a Toyota. There was an attempt to bring back the Supra recently but I am no longer interested. Range Rover supercharged is the deal now. The 3.0 turbo engine of the Supra can get to the maximum speed of 280kms per hour while mine was 260kms.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:27pm On Jun 27, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Oga dey announce incoming 2015 Range Rover like say we suppose dey clap for am. With the 90k oil changes he does or whatever he said, he suppose dey order 2023 model.

Hahaha ���. The 90k oil change consists of two gallons of oil at 60k, 2 air filters and 1 oil filter,15k, and labor 15k. Mobil Xhp is now 12k and many naija used japanese club members are now using API SD. Oil na oil levels. Let me manage the 2015 Range Rover. I'm yet to subscribe for the Topix diagnostic to fix the 2023 models.

4 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 10:31pm On Jun 27, 2022
olumzzz:

Suprising that you will put a 4Runner and a GLE in the same sentence sha....

Are you talking class or capability??

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:48pm On Jun 27, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

Mister man, the new Supra uses a BMW B58, an engine that has been in BMWs since 2015/2016. People dey drive am for Nigeria, their engine never explode. Don't take your crappy Range Rover engines to be the norm with German cars.

I drive a V8 Merc. 18 months now and still going strong, never had a power train issue. Who dey listen to you go feel say once person buy car for Nigeria the car go spoil immediately.

How many BmW are on the road in Nigeria? Even if BMW borrow Supra engine, Supra will never enter the country. That your V8 Mercedes, go and scan the car and if you nor see cylinder 2 misfire with catalyst damage, as one of the faults, I will put 5k fuel in the Benz for you. By the way, I have a GLE 450 for sale. Urgent 3m. 2008 thumb start
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:50pm On Jun 27, 2022
LeJeun3:

Suprising that you will put a 4Runner and a GLE in the same sentence sha....

Are you talking class or capability??

I think it's both o
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 10:57pm On Jun 27, 2022
Kirkman:

Nigga I used to hold you in high esteem but from thread 45-47 you have been yapping rubbish. Slow down on the meds sir..
So those users in Nigeria that have been driving their Acura MDX's as their personal vehicles are ghosts abi ? undecided

Guy calm down.....

There are plenty cars driving in Nigeria and they are a shadow of themselves.....

Drive these same cars in Ghana and you will understand something.

If your car performances awww you today in nigeria, imagine what it would be like with all the right working conditions...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Kirkman: 11:11pm On Jun 27, 2022
HeavenlyBang:

grin 90k for oil change. Haba mana; I am maniacally bewildered.

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:17pm On Jun 27, 2022
LeJeun3:

Guy calm down.....

There are plenty cars driving in Nigeria and they are a shadow of themselves.....

Drive these same cars in Ghana and you will understand something.

If your car performances awww you today in nigeria, imagine what it would be like with all the right working conditions...

I know a guy who used to go to Ghana from Lagos just to buy premium fuel over there. He drives a BMW 5 series. He said the car has been too sluggish for his liking. According to research, when you use premium fuel, the ECU will increase the performance of the car whenever it senses the premium in the tank. So after a week, he returns back home happy for the experience of the car roaring to perform. It was the same fuel problem that made me ship my Supra to Abidjan instead of Lagos.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by HeavenlyBang(m): 11:47pm On Jun 27, 2022
sooperrescue:

Hahaha ���. The 90k oil change consists of two gallons of oil at 60k, 2 air filters and 1 oil filter,15k, and labor 15k. Mobil Xhp is now 12k and many naija used japanese club members are now using API SD. Oil na oil levels. Let me manage the 2015 Range Rover. I'm yet to subscribe for the Topix diagnostic to fix the 2023 models.

Fair enough.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.