Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS (14844 Views)

Fashola, Tinubu And Oba Akiolu Observe Eid Prayer (Photo) / President Jonathan Dancing Orezi's Shoki Last Night At Eko Hotel, Lagos / Fashola's Government Is Not As Good As You Think (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by EkoIle1: 1:54am On Jun 12, 2013

The Lagos State Government said it would launch its new clean energy programme, tagged ‘Eko Gas’, aimed at encouraging utilisation of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) in the state.

The Commissioner of Energy and Mineral Resources, Taofeeq Ajibade Tijani, who disclosed this said the programme is expected to convert about one million people to using LPG, otherwise known as cooking gas in the next five years. Ajibade said the scheme would be officially launched by Governor Babatunde Raji Fashola, who has made commitment to create incentives for prospective consumers of gas.

According to him, “The state is more focused on promoting greater use of cooking gas in Nigeria by focusing on convenience, cost and safety through excellent gas supply services and development of innovative gas products.”

He said that the essence of the project was to ensure that cooking gas was brought to the door step of all residents of Lagos, especially the low income group, at affordable prices. The project tagged ‘Eko Gas’ would be targeted at the low income group that relies on kerosene because of the erroneous impression that LPG is more expensive.

“The Lagos State Government plans to increase the use of cooking gas among a significant proportion of the populace within the next five years,” he said.

On safety concerns that are raised frequently by potential users of cooking gas, Tijani stated that the product was designed and fabricated with distinguishing qualities such as safety, affordability, portability and environmental friendliness. According to him, about 20 per cent of the cost of cylinder would be eased by the government, in other to encourage Lagosians to the use LPG.
- See more at: http://leadership.ng/news/100613/lagos-state-launch-eko-gas-initiative#sthash.eIqriQfl.dpuf

www.nairaland.com/attachments/447977_eko_o_no_baje_jpg455a05b9d8cf107d075d6c04f26de03f

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by bigtt76(f): 3:45am On Jun 12, 2013
Reduced cost for business men to buy in bulk and sell back expensively to the poor? Or what checks are being out in place to forestall that? Good initiative though.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Adejoro74: 4:06am On Jun 12, 2013
Why is Fasola not taking care of his neck skin cancer? The thing don chop him neck finish.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by seedord247(m): 6:29am On Jun 12, 2013
Adejoro74: Why is Fasola not taking care of his neck skin cancer? The thing don chop him neck finish.

Thats all you see from this glorious initiative?
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by UyiIredia(m): 7:25am On Jun 12, 2013
I suggest that the Lagos state government build distribution centres in strategic locations for easy access to the product.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by ClitorialDept: 7:35am On Jun 12, 2013
I like Fashola but I hate the party he is in but what I hate most is this idiot poster who no go let us rest
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by nig2change: 7:39am On Jun 12, 2013
If we can begin to use cooking gas in this country then our natural gas industry would create jobs and bolster the economy. Good initiative.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by DVanguard: 7:47am On Jun 12, 2013
Clitorial.Dept.:
I like Fashola but I hate the party he is in but what I hate most is this idiot poster who no go let us rest

You need to grow up and learn. Fashola's performance has to do with his party's believe and idea. check out with other states controlled by their party. I wonder how so many NL comment without deep thoughts. fashola alone can't do it he needs people to acheive is aim. who will they be likes mind. from where will the like minds come from? i guess same party. I feel you need to open your mind and check the party you claim you hate from another angle.

12 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by ClitorialDept: 7:54am On Jun 12, 2013
D'Vanguard:

You need to grow up and learn. Fashola's performance has to do with his party's believe and idea. check out with other states controlled by their party. I wonder how so many NL comment without deep thoughts. fashola alone can't do it he needs people to acheive is aim. who will they be likes mind. from where will the like minds come from? i guess same party. I feel you need to open your mind and check the party you claim you hate from another angle.

shatap! other than fashola who is the only saving face of this party, what achievements are being celebrated in other acn states? Even when tinibu was governor what did he achieve?

just shatap abeg

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by rodeo0070(m): 8:01am On Jun 12, 2013
Clitorial.Dept.:

shatap! other than fashola who is the only saving face of this party, what achievements are being celebrated in other acn states? Even when tinibu was governor what did he achieve?

just shatap abeg
My friend, get your facts right please...

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Freewilly(f): 8:04am On Jun 12, 2013
Adejoro74: Why is Fasola not taking care of his neck skin cancer? The thing don chop him neck finish.

Tell me about it, I get so disgusted every time I see a picture of him.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by DVanguard: 8:07am On Jun 12, 2013
Clitorial.Dept.:

just shatap abeg

I dont blame you, accessing the net is cheap. Google and learn more. The fund fashola spend today was engineered by who. Without the Tax regime Tinubu initiated how do you think Fashola would have achieved what he is doning now. Guy, you need to be more polite in your words to people. How about Edo State, Osun State, Ogun state etc. Pls before you talk reason and think deep. Fashola got it right because of the continuty is goverance from ACN to ACN. but other ACN state it was from PDP to ACN. Most state govern by PDP then ask the people they will tell you the significant change they have noticed.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by AjanleKoko: 8:21am On Jun 12, 2013
Nice initiatives.
Though I'm not sure I understand how LPG is more environmentally-friendly than kerosene. undecided
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 12, 2013
good job baba Fashola.

please try to educate the people more on its usage ooo,cos i have an illiterate grandmum who wont touch that with a pole,cos she believes gas is highly inflammable to be use for domestic use.

and make more fire fighters available cos of that my grandma.

thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by confidant: 8:31am On Jun 12, 2013
Change that topic to 'liquefied Petroleum Gas'(LPG) and not 'Liquefied Natural Gas' (LNG).
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Temismith(f): 8:34am On Jun 12, 2013
Fashola for president!!!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by EkoIle1: 8:34am On Jun 12, 2013

Freewilly:

Tell me about it, I get so disgusted every time I see a picture of him.

I know many of you villagers are ignorant illiterates, but knowing that you people also don't know what cancer is or the difference between cancer and common shaving is very sad and heartbreaking...

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by EkoIle1: 8:36am On Jun 12, 2013
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by ClitorialDept: 8:44am On Jun 12, 2013
Eko Ile: .

wetin happen no picture again?
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Freewilly(f): 8:46am On Jun 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

I know many of you villagers are ignorant illiterates, but knowing that you people also don't know what cancer is or the difference between cancer and common shaving is very sad and heartbreaking...

Don't really care if it's cancer,common shaving, or filthy hygiene. it's disgusting to me, my two cents, and if you don't like it, I'm sure you know where the suspension bridge is so go jump off it for all I care. Good night.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Geomac: 8:47am On Jun 12, 2013

You called this skin cancer? I think your school fees should be refunded to you or your sponsor should demand a refund from you.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by EkoIle1: 9:21am On Jun 12, 2013
Freewilly:

Don't really care if it's cancer,common shaving, or filthy hygiene. it's disgusting to me, my two cents, and if you don't like it, I'm sure you know where the suspension bridge is so go jump off it for all I care. Good night.

Shaving and grooming is a sign of good hygiene and not filth. You don't really have to keep trying to prove to me that you really are ignorant and backward. Many of you are worse than elementary school kids..

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by gen2briz(m): 9:29am On Jun 12, 2013
Eko Ile:

Shaving and grooming is a sign of good hygiene and not filth. You don't really have to keep trying to prove to me that you really are ignorant and backward. Many of you are worse than elementary school kids..

Gbam....Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 12, 2013
ANOTHER AVENUE FOR Tinubu TO LOOT AND DRAIN LAGOSIANS DRY SMH
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by WizPrince1(m): 9:32am On Jun 12, 2013
Good!
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by gbanikiti(m): 9:33am On Jun 12, 2013
How much will 12.5kg cylinder and its content cost?
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Eneze1(f): 9:33am On Jun 12, 2013
this is a good initiative, kudos to Fashola
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by ziccoit: 9:34am On Jun 12, 2013
Clitorial.Dept.:

just shatap abeg

Come to Osun state and see wonder.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by mebad(m): 9:35am On Jun 12, 2013
Now I can finally stop using fire wood.
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by Inik(m): 9:37am On Jun 12, 2013
Fashola is the only performing Acn governor
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by AbuMikey(m): 9:38am On Jun 12, 2013
Seen!!!
Re: Fashola Launches Eko Gas (LPG) PICS by fitzmayowa: 9:38am On Jun 12, 2013
It seems fashola is the only ACN governor doing exceptionally well...Nice one FASH

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"Bury The Hatchet, Cooperate With Ajimobi" - Tinubu Tells Shittu And Others / Train Attack: Senate Asks Buhari To Declare Full-Scale War On Bandits / Sanwo-Olu Increases Lagos Students’ Bursary By 100%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.