Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Is Jumia.com Services And Products Good, Professional And Quality? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Jumia.com Services And Products Good, Professional And Quality? (2351 Views)

Why Is Jumia.com Wasting My Time And Money? Is This A Scam? / A Humble Plea To . Please Refund My Money. Please!!! / Is Jumia Rewarding Customers With Fake Vouchers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Jumia.com Services And Products Good, Professional And Quality? by sim4fx(m): 10:49am On Nov 23, 2013
Please share your experience with Jumia products and customer services.

What issue have you got with their products and sevices?

Alot of my friends both on facebook and real life complain bitterly.

here is the link https://www.facebook.com/ikennanzimora?hc_location=timeline

My friend message:

"The PS4 is in Nigeria. Jumia.com has it available for =N=140,000.

I want to get it immediately but I have sworn never to buy anything from Jumia.

So I shall wait patiently until another vendor stocks it."

When asked why, he said "Jumia sells fake products and they never reply or attend to you when you complain. They give you a bad product and then ignore you. I tell you. Everybody I know who has shopped with them has a bad experience."

Another person said: "The can even collect ur money n tell u d very product is out of stock. Then u will Ve to wait pending wen d stock is available."

A friend ordered for a product and less quantity was supplied. Till date nothing has been done according to him.
I am not for anybody just a customer who wanted to shop online
and decided to ask my friends and was shock with the revelation
but decided to verify with the public before concluding.

What is your experience with jumia, konga and the likes

Honest opinion please

Thank
Re: Is Jumia.com Services And Products Good, Professional And Quality? by agbitaj(m): 11:03am On Nov 23, 2013
sim4fx: Please share your experience with Jumia products and customer services.

What issue have you got with their products and sevices?

Alot of my friends both on facebook and real life complain bitterly.

here is the link https://www.facebook.com/ikennanzimora?hc_location=timeline

My friend message:

"The PS4 is in Nigeria. Jumia.com has it available for =N=140,000.

I want to get it immediately but I have sworn never to buy anything from Jumia.

So I shall wait patiently until another vendor stocks it."

When asked why, he said "Jumia sells fake products and they never reply or attend to you when you complain. They give you a bad product and then ignore you. I tell you. Everybody I know who has shopped with them has a bad experience."

Another person said: "The can even collect ur money n tell u d very product is out of stock. Then u will Ve to wait pending wen d stock is available."

A friend ordered for a product and less quantity was supplied. Till date nothing has been done according to him.
I am not for anybody just a customer who wanted to shop online
and decided to ask my friends and was shock with the revelation
but decided to verify with the public before concluding.

What is your experience with jumia, konga and the likes

Honest opinion please

Thank
bros u dey on ur own ooh... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is Jumia.com Services And Products Good, Professional And Quality? by thegame(m): 11:32am On Nov 23, 2013
no disrespect to the online shoppers and stores but when it comes to things like this, physical shopping is the best. only thing i pay for online is services and what im sure cant be altered by "photo quality" e.g phones(tho i havent bought yet), meals, deals, or just payments. you will never see me buy cloth or shoes online(at least nt anymore) especially in this Lagos when i can enter a store and make a good and sure selection.

the only problem i have with jumia and konga is that their stuff aren't cheaper than those of the people that pay for shops. they sell expensive shirts, shoes, and clothings generally and when you finally see what you paid for, you are disappointed. so instead, i physically go to the market. no story, no returns, just cash and carry.
Re: Is Jumia.com Services And Products Good, Professional And Quality? by sim4fx(m): 11:51am On Nov 23, 2013
agbitaj,

if we don't correct things in our nation Nigeria, who will for us?

I am not hunting anyone, just let's do what is right. i wanted
to buy from them (flat screen TV) and asked for opinion from
my friends, though a girlfriend had said it before but i did not
take her words serious because i know her to be loving and
irrational. When i had 3 people saying the same thing on
Facebook, that cut my attention and prompted me to seek
for opinion of people that had been service by them before.

Moreso, if jumia is having issues with their products, the
owner and investors of the company might not know that their
staffers are destroying business for them.

With this they will know, correct them and do business right.

Like now, my wife has force me out to shoprite as i am typing
this to go buy the TV, that time of going to shoprite is alot of
comfort and income for me. After working a whole week, i need
to rest and plan ahead for the following week assignment but i
have to hit the road- lagos traffic, lasma, road safety nd the likes

This effort is just an effort to make ecommerce better in Nigeria.

Mine you i do not own any ecommerce site. so relax i am not for
anyone but for good service in Nigeria. smiley smiley smiley
Re: Is Jumia.com Services And Products Good, Professional And Quality? by BOMANY: 12:07pm On Nov 23, 2013
Jumia and other international standard online shops are selling what you see in the market they are just agents or retailers. They buy from importers and re-sell it. They do not import by themselves and nor offer service, the importer does. When you have problem with a product they will direct your complain to the source of the product. They cant force him to serve you. The highest that they can do is to stop dealing with the source if the complaints are much or delay the payments but not for long.
Jumia and others offer slightly less price and free delivery. They rely on getting discount from the importer.
If you do not know the product or have nt seen it physically in other shops, then do not buy, Nigeria is full of chinese sub-standard products.
This issue leads us to the general poor after sale service here in Nigeria.
Re: Is Jumia.com Services And Products Good, Professional And Quality? by KolaShangOne(m): 2:44pm On Nov 23, 2013
your friend can come and buy the PS4 FROM me ooo... only 130,000
Re: Is Jumia.com Services And Products Good, Professional And Quality? by Jaymaq(m): 10:48pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jumia is essentially a dropshipping company. Just like you won't ask if Aliexpress has fake or original products. All the merchants on the platform are individual businesses, so the onus is always on you to do your due diligence. If you find out that a product is not of said quality, you can contact jumia and they will then contact the merchant to make a replacement. This takes time usually and you will need to exercise some patience to sort it out. So there is no definiteness about it. Jumia only helps you buy from the best Nigerian brands available.

(1) (Reply)

66 SIDE HUSTLE IDEAS For Making Money Off The Internet / Earn Free Jumia Gift Vouchers When You Redeem Your TPS Points / Three (3) Unexplored Ways To Earn From Your Blog Or Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.