Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,330 members, 7,867,939 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:46 AM

Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? (4743 Views)

10 Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man Make Sure He Knows He Is Appreciated / Ten Ways Guys Frustrate The Life Of Virgin Girls..... / Ten Features That Shows You Have Find A Real Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? by crackhaus: 6:39pm On Nov 24, 2013
Good points!
But I never understand how women believe they know what and how a real man should be/act like.

I mean I'm not trying to knock the game but truth be told, a real man to a woman is a man who does all the things she wants done to her.

The moment a guy acts in a way that upsets, angers, pisses or makes a woman feel insecure, he automatically gets 'termed' as not being a real man.
Now if this isn't sentiment, I don't know what it is. #imjustsaying #nooffence
Re: Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? by Rummenigge(m): 6:42pm On Nov 24, 2013
Dang!!! I exhibit all these xteristics....so that makes me a real man. But I'm dead broke, I hope girls will accept me for being real?.....
Re: Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? by 49cents(m): 7:46pm On Nov 24, 2013
crackhaus: Good points!
But I never understand how women believe they know what and how a real man should be/act like.

I mean I'm not trying to knock the game but truth be told, a real man to a woman is a man who does all the things she wants done to her.

The moment a guy acts in a way that upsets, angers, pisses or makes a woman feel insecure, he automatically gets 'termed' as not being a real man.
Now if this isn't sentiment, I don't know what it is. #imjustsaying #nooffence

Strange but do: do ALL a woman wants and she would end up despising you

Women want men to do everything they want yet want men who have a mind of their own!!!!
Re: Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Nov 24, 2013
@OP sorry if this sounds offensive after going thru the post, i "accidently" checked your profile picture, ehmmmm you look too young i'd say 19 to be talking about real men. no offence.
Re: Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? by 49cents(m): 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2013
De Beauvoir:

Wow....
What is wrong with asking for equality now? Must women always be under men?

I can't wait to see the day when all this oppression against women will end.

Just to clarify things

I do not consider a woman as infereir to a man for women and men are equals as far as there stature and dignity as a human being is concerned

Having said that yet a woman is not equal to man and vice versa, for they are different in structure both physiologically and psychologically which is what marks out the role they play in a relationship or marraige

Equality in this sense is not the sppropriate word rather complementaryr is it: each person's role is as important as he other

Without recourse to quoting any scripture you can verify things for yourself, in your personal experience!

Play the role of the man for awhile and see if you will be happy: you will feel like a stranger to yourslef and vice versa! For exmaple a woman likes her man to give a sense of security in one form or another imagine if your man is a sissy expecting exactly that from you, incapable of making sound decisions, always shifting them to you....I am not a woman but I can tell it sucks!!!

The thing it will be natural to follow the man who shares your life viewpoint, the task is to discover a true life viewpoint that correspods with your truer needs as a woman bereft of the herd mentality that is being sold out by the media, peer and so-called revolutionists crussader!
Re: Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 24, 2013
49cents:

Just to clarify things

I do not consider a woman as infereir to a man for women and men are equals as far as there stature and dignity as a human being is concerned

Having said that yet a woman is not equal to man and vice versa, for they are different in structure both physiologically and psychologically which is what marks out the role they play in a relationship or marraige

Equality in this sense is not the sppropriate word rather complementaryr is it: each person's role is as important as he other

Without recourse to quoting any scripture you can verify things for yourself, in your personal experience!

Play the role of the man for awhile and see if you will be happy: you will feel like a stranger to yourslef and vice versa! For exmaple a woman likes her man to give a sense of security in one form or another imagine if your man is a sissy expecting exactly that from you, incapable of making sound decisions, always shifting them to you....I am not a woman but I can tell it sucks!!!

The thing it will be natural to follow the man who shares your life viewpoint, the task is to discover a true life viewpoint that correspods with your truer needs as a woman bereft of the herd mentality that is being sold out by the media, peer and so-called revolutionists crussader!

Every woman want the "idea of wanting equal rights" but they have no clue what it means, it means being treated equal in everything, most want it because somehow its the buzz-word on the internet or its cool to be an e-feminist, i only respect true feminist who shun people for trying to treat them special and demand to be treated equally, well of my Nigerian babes want equal treatment and still want to be treated specially which defeats the purpose of feminism.
Re: Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? by 49cents(m): 8:56pm On Nov 24, 2013
ogugua88:

Ooh. I just saw it and emboldened it for you.

You didn't say it outright, but it was implied and I doubt I'm the only one who perceived it.

As for power couple, lol it doesn't have anything to do with power per se. A power couple is an influential couple. They're envied/admired, and appear to be perfect. Women in power couples are seen as strong, determined, and have minds of their own. Some examples are Barack and Michelle Obama, Duke William and Dutchess Katherine, David and Victoria Beckham, and Jay-Z and Beyoncé.

A woman doesn't have to inferior or a subordinate for a man to be the head of a household. The women in the aforementioned power couples still know who the man is.

Thanks for helping out with the bolding but the opening remark of my submission is explicit enough so was all the staements that followed

I get your response of what a couple power means but then the OP's post put it side by side with dictatorship which means she is objecting that the man's has the power of piloting ultimately the affairs in a marraige!

The problem I see is that the feminist position that the roles each gender plays in a union is interchangeable all becasue bread winning is!
Marry a man you can respect so that following his lead won't be an obnoxious affair!
'Weak husbands never ran a happy and balanced family

Each party must put family first before career and the so-called dreams! It is sad to see men and women sacrifice their family development for carreers and ambition that are suppossed to be at the service of the family!

Women feel that men got the opportunity to live out their dreams while they to do all the fore going of their dreams! A real man will put his family first and we'll show that his efforts is at the service of his family; any aspiration that clashes with your family is a misplaced one, please let it sink!!!

Let's assume your definition of what a power couple is is what the OP meant are the Unions you listed now role models for others to to emulate? Like seriously
Re: Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? by WackyJ1(m): 9:21pm On Nov 24, 2013
Another real man thread? spits
The following posts are the truths on this thread

crackhaus: Good points!

The moment a guy acts in a way that upsets, angers, pisses or makes a woman feel insecure, he automatically gets 'termed' as not being a real man.[/b ]

49cents:

Strange but do: [b]do ALL a woman wants and she would end up despising you

49cents:
Women want men to do everything they want yet want men who have a mind of their own!!!!
Women are so full of ironies that they themselves are not aware of.

pc guru:
Every woman want the "idea of
wanting equal rights" but they
have no clue what it means, it
means being treated equal in
everything, most want it because
somehow its the buzz-word on the internet or its cool to be an e-
feminist, i only respect true feminist
who shun people for trying to treat
them special and demand to be
treated equally, well of my
Nigerian babes want equal treatment and still want to be
treated specially
which defeats the
purpose of feminism.
Re: Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? by WackyJ1(m): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2013
Guys after reading this enter this thread
www.nairaland.com/1530016/guys-men-what-definition-real
AND drop your opinion
Re: Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? by amunekeuto: 12:50am On Nov 25, 2013
Arsenate: I personally hate that phrase "real man". guys better be careful. whenever a lady says she needs a "real man", what she actually needs is a mugu.
I don talk my own sha
for some ladies, " a real man" is one who pays the agreed price after chopping kpomo!
Re: Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? by Psychedelia(m): 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
I find I do have these qualities, as people I've met have told me so over the years.

But errr... Just for the record, that "Real Man" nonsense has got to end already.

It is borderline disrespectful for you to, even for a second, think you have the right to sit and define what features and actions should validate a man, especially if you're not one.
Lord God knows the barrage of insults and rhetorics that would be hurled at any man who even dares try to state what should make a 'real woman', how she should dress, how she should cook or how she should talk. So why practice the same thing you hate seeing others do?

Rather than "Real man", use words like "Man I Would Date", "My Kind of Man" or "My Idea of a (Future) Husband" -- That's right: Purely subjective.

Let us all learn to respect our boundaries, and we'll enjoy life more.
Re: Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? by Faith93: 10:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
EmmanuelIbeh: I'm so scared now cos I possess all these qualities. Does it mean that nl ladies will start chasing me now?
u are scared u av those qualities?..nd u dnt knw if nl ladies will start chasing u?..ABI NA YOU DEY FIND BABE! angry
Re: Ten Ways To Know You’re Dating A Real Man?? by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 26, 2013
Real man?. You go wait tire angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

See What He Did To His Gf Forming Celibacy!!! / I'm Dating My Neighbor Pls Advice / See What This Mum Wore To An Event (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.