Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Php Or Html - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Php Or Html (985 Views)

PHP Or Coldfusion: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Php Or Html by Nobody: 7:02pm On Nov 23, 2013
Please web developers which is best to learn first, PHP or html! I intend learning both! But I would like to know if there's an advantage to learning anyone first b4 the other!
Tnx guys
Re: Php Or Html by cyrielo(m): 11:52pm On Nov 23, 2013
U know how your question sound? It's like asking if your should learn how to fly plane or ride bicycle which cheesy just start with html sha probably two weeks, then consider javascript cos it a really simple programming language might help you understand Php smiley hope that helps
Re: Php Or Html by Moxie4lyf(m): 12:22am On Nov 24, 2013
how can you learn php without a basic understanding of html...
My advise: Learn Html/Css, then learn Php/Mysql...
Inbetween you might decide to learn Javascript though; that's up to you

1 Like

Re: Php Or Html by Nobody: 9:26pm On Dec 07, 2013
cyrielo: U know how your question sound? It's like asking if your should learn how to fly plane or ride bicycle which cheesy just start with html sha probably two weeks, then consider javascript cos it a really simple programming language might help you understand Php smiley hope that helps

It's not like asking how to fly plane or ride bicycle (None of them depend on the other), same pilots may not ride bike or bicycle. You can learn php and html at the same (But your php will always depend on your html). That's

1) HTML is for interface design (or front end). You fill a form before you become NL or FB member. The form is the front end (User interacts with it)
2) When you click "Submit" button, how the data in the form is process (or how they collect the data from the form to database) requires a server side language like PHP.

You can learn both at the same time. follow some simple tutorial online like "w3school" site etc.
Re: Php Or Html by Nobody: 5:02am On Dec 09, 2013
U need to learn html and css first, no one can understand php without knowing html/css because html/css deals with the design and layout of every website. Php is a programming language that does things html can't do, pls don't learn javascript yet, because it's very similar to other high level languages, instead learn how to use any javascript library available out there. Things u can do with javascript are tremendous,
Re: Php Or Html by adexsimply(m): 7:18am On Dec 09, 2013
grin
Re: Php Or Html by talk2hb1(m): 3:43pm On Dec 09, 2013
Funny Html/PHP?
Mr OP here is my simple guide
1) HTML : for the frontend, page layout, forms, image display, etc.
2) CSS: for managing HTML flow, look, placement, etc.
3) JavaScript: The beginning of web interactiveness and dynamism of your website, this is necessary but not compulsory but most PHP employer demands for it and it will even help you to understand programming concept without hurting your brain and also bridge your gap into learning PHP easily and quickly.
4) PHP: The Boss stage sowwy em....em.... sorry final stage, Server application development, more programming though but if you really did your assignment learning JavaScript your learning curve should be faster. Here you learn to create software that runs on the server like Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, etc. So while learning PHP you should learn basic server administration, server setup, World Wide Web protocols (HTTP), MySQL, web security.
Hope you ain't sweating by now, don't, please don't.
Here is how to learn it
HTML 2Weeks top
CSS 2weeks top
JavaScript 2weeks master the basic syntax
PHP 4weeks master basic syntax
This is only possible if you practice for six hours everyday, 2hours of learning 4hours of practical.
This has been an effective solution for my training program and has helped me to train my student to master web programming Within 12 weeks.
Regard Habeeb Salami.

1 Like

Re: Php Or Html by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 09, 2013
Tnx guys! I already mastered xhtml / html5 and css3 and a little bit of javascript also! I think I'm ready to move on to PHP!

But b4 then I would love to build a site for myself with the little knowledge of html5 and css3

Thanks everyone
Re: Php Or Html by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 24, 2013
After learning html/css/javascript this is the result of what I learnt

-> www.victorbolum.com

I need your reviews guys

Tnx for everyone who contributed to dz thread you guys really helped! I'm done with PHP now, moving on to jquery
Re: Php Or Html by cyrielo(m): 12:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
Nekon J:

It's not like asking how to fly plane or ride bicycle (None of them depend on the other), same pilots may not ride bike or bicycle. You can learn php and html at the same (But your php will always depend on your html). That's

1) HTML is for interface design (or front end). You fill a form before you become NL or FB member. The form is the front end (User interacts with it)
2) When you click "Submit" button, how the data in the form is process (or how they collect the data from the form to database) requires a server side language like PHP.

You can learn both at the same time. follow some simple tutorial online like "w3school" site etc.

(1) (Reply)

How To Configure Wamp Server On A Network With Windows 8 Operating System / Starting An Ecommerce Website, Which CMS Will You Recommend / Android Developers Lets Help Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.