Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 (25297 Views)

''Nigerian Politicians With Houses & Businesses In UAE'' - Sahara Reporters / ‘boko Haram In Zimbabwe En Route South Africa’ / "Lagos To Issue Residents Identity Cards By January 2013" Fashola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by rexbuton: 10:33am On Nov 24, 2013
iterator25: I reside in southern Africa, dude, that's ur own opinion..

Their HDI may be high but they're English cannot /should be compared to west Africans English ...Ghanaians and Nigerians still rules
I wouldn't agree that there's a " best english", even within england regions have their characteristic accents which may vary by Very large amounts.same in the states, the caribbean and other english speaking countries.. To our ear, some sound nicer than others eg ghanian accent, arab accent, etc
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by naijaspeak(m): 10:36am On Nov 24, 2013
Symphony007: These southern and eastern africans are a pathetic breed. They are so lazy and consider themselves victims of life and want to make a living on the sweat of another man. This has been happening in south africa fro a long time where farms owned by whites for generations. Farms which has been profitable and standard for hundreds of years are taken from their white owners and given to a black man. Then the farms closes down within months or a year. If zimbabwe thought their economy was a mess, this will makes it worthless. The country will soon start living on hardouts.
. I quite agree with your views, the zibabwean can not succeed by driving away foriegner struggling to make living in their country. Just look at south africa, the success of the republic of South Africa is due to the white population. The blacks who are presently in control of the government under President Jacob Zuma has failed to lift up the economy since the ANC party took power from F W De klerk. The white developed south africa to a european standard right from the days of apartheid which the black have not been able to achieve.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by iterator25: 10:38am On Nov 24, 2013
rexbuton: I wouldn't agree that there's a " best english", even within england regions have their characteristic accents which may vary by Very large amounts.same in the states, the caribbean and other english speaking countries.. To our ear, some sound nicer than others eg ghanian accent, arab accent, etc
I'd just have to open a thread for this
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by V0lv0(f): 10:38am On Nov 24, 2013
rexbuton: I wouldn't agree that there's a " best english", even within england regions have their characteristic accents which may vary by Very large amounts.same in the states, the caribbean and other english speaking countries.. To our ear, some sound sually do not nicer than others eg ghanian accent, arab accent, etc
You are right. We usually look at accent(does it sound "nice' to our ears) but not whether it is correct in terms of context( was it used appropriately in correct sentence etc). Someone may have the worst accent ever, does not mean that their English is bad and vice verse

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by SantaMafia: 10:46am On Nov 24, 2013
A Nigerian friend just came back from Zim with great stories to tell.he said Zim is far developed than Nigeria in infrastructure etc.d cost of living is lower in Zim n the economy has bounced bk.d minimum wage is $250.what's d minimum wage in naija?
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by tonychristopher: 10:47am On Nov 24, 2013
olatade: ZIMBABWEAN authorities say they have given foreign shop-owners mostly Nigerians and Chinese an ultimatum to shut down their businesses by Jan. 1.
A top official of the black empowerment ministry said only Zimbabweans had the right to run shops that have sprung up across the country and are termed foreign businesses targeted under the nation’s black empowerment laws, the state-controlled Herald newspaper reported Friday.
Those laws, passed in 2007, demand foreign businesses to cede 51 percent control to local blacks.
The foreign shop owners have been criticised for taking retail trade opportunities from Zimbabwean traders by selling cheap imports.
Poor townships and city flea markets have in recent years been inundated by shops run by foreigners.
According to state media, shop owners who fail to comply will be arrested.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/zimbabwe-orders-nigerians-foreigners-close-shops-jan-1/

bunch of lazy swahilis....the zimbabwe dont have the mental capacity to do anything..they cant manage their economy,they cant even do simple pastoral farming..the think that if you give them the shops they will exel.look at namibia,south africa and other southern african firms....are nigerians not blacks...this is what is called xenophoia...i think this is the best time for jonathan to show us his balls by messing zimbabwe firms up here in nigeria ....thats if they do have any

i am just getting warmed up
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by rexbuton: 10:48am On Nov 24, 2013
Subom1: Nigeria too was great back in the day, so does that mean our country today has no developed places?
it's because of centralised power that's Why our cities are under developed, and the overdependence on crude! If each state was left to administer it's resources, it would be a competition for who Can develop faster and attract investors! Instead we Are having ultradeveloped enclaves like maitama, asokoro, banana island, and under developed ' other places'... Even with that, our economy Is far larger than theirs! If we maintain steady economic growth, cut corruption recurrent expenditure and with purposeful leadership, we would be a major world economy soon. The govt would never develop random states, so infrastructure is outta The question
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by Maximus85(m): 10:48am On Nov 24, 2013
Alphabetically the last country in the world and the poorest economy in the world. Now they are sending investors out of their country. Who be their finance minister?
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by Subom1(f): 10:53am On Nov 24, 2013
tonychristopher:

bunch of lazy swahilis....the zimbabwe dont have the mental capacity to do anything..they cant manage their economy,they cant even do simple pastoral farming..the think that if you give them the shops they will exel.look at namibia,south africa and other southern african firms....are nigerians not blacks...this is what is called xenophoia...i think this is the best time for jonathan to show us his balls by messing zimbabwe firms up here in nigeria ....thats if they do have any

i am just getting warmed up
undecided You do know that Zimbabweans are not Swahili. Swahili's are an ethnic group of East Africa.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by Abbey2sam(m): 10:58am On Nov 24, 2013
Nadia_SA1: Even Zimbabwe shocked shocked

Na wa

I thought I heard about your death rumor!!

Back to the topic

And we were actually gonna open a branch of nollywood in zimbabwe........Zimballywood
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by jadoremoid: 11:04am On Nov 24, 2013
Why is it that any small thing we start shouting about how people are jealous of us ! This is a simple case of a government trying to protect its citizens which is its primary responsibility. What we should be clouding for is that our government will put in place such polices to protect us. If we had such policies and they are well implemented, fewer Nigerians would even need to travel out as there would be more opportunities here. Dubai and other Countries practice such and it pays their citizens, we need to stop getting sentimental over everything. Not everything is as a result of jealousy they are just protecting their own.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by jmaine: 11:07am On Nov 24, 2013
iterator25: Have you been to abuja and Luanda?

You want to effectively neutralize Shymexx grin
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by T3Amo(f): 11:08am On Nov 24, 2013
Maximus85: Alphabetically the last country in the world and the poorest economy in the world. Now they are sending investors out of their country. Who be their finance minister?

people should use Google if they are unsure of themselves before someone uses what you say to insult you. DRC is the poorest followed by Liberia

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/world/poorest-countries-in-the-world/
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by tonychristopher: 11:14am On Nov 24, 2013
olatiler: This will affect our Africa Jewish brothers, I think is time now they put there state in order and start developing their cave and stop naming other state as free Land lastly they should delete Triblism from their mind Enugu ppl should see Anambrians as brother while Imo should not left out

bunch of wasted sperm...yes I am an African Jew so therefore are we the only people good in business in Africa? at least. ijebus de try...who the help told you that anambra hates enugu...or do you think that we are the ile ife people that look down on other yorubas as unpure.or do you think that we hate ijebus the way egbas hate snake...bastard...logical reasoning is wasted on you. thank lord you recognise African Jews...what is your people recognised for in Africa...don't wake me up....face the topic and don't tribalise this .

1 Like

Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by tonychristopher: 11:18am On Nov 24, 2013
shymexx:

Nigeria can't compete. Even Angola is far ahead of Nigeria and the country fought a brutal civil war that ended in the 90s for more than 30 years.

....and who caused this NIGERIAN non competitiveness and stupidity...which set of people and tribes has been ruling us since all these years with their stupidity. now look we are now international laughing stock. I need answers
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by Nobody: 11:20am On Nov 24, 2013
naijaspeak: . I quite agree with your views, the zibabwean can not succeed by driving away foriegner struggling to make living in their country. Just look at south africa, the success of the republic of South Africa is due to the white population. The blacks who are presently in control of the government under President Jacob Zuma has failed to lift up the economy since the ANC party took power from F W De klerk. The white developed south africa to a european standard right from the days of apartheid which the black have not been able to achieve.
Oh shut your ignorant mouth. South Africa has grown in leaps and bounds since the start of black rule. The economy has tripled in size and GDP, and GDP per capita has vastly increased from where it was in 1990. Millions of black South Africans have had their lives improved in areas of housing, health, education,and economic opportunities. A substantial black middle class exists today in the country. Sure, more needs to be done, but the black ANC govt have managed the national economy competently, and have proved wrong the doomsday anti-black merchants who predicted the country would fall apart under black rule.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by muhammedkabeer: 11:23am On Nov 24, 2013
if someone closed his door God will open another in wonderfull way,abi bi iwaju koba se lo eyi yoo se pada si come back home Nigeria go better"GOD BLESS NIGERIA"amen
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by Iykeponti(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2013
Neoviper147:

You wanna know?....simple. Its jealousy and envy...dont forget, Nigerians make the world happen.
the 85% of d business they r talking abt belongs 2the Ibos...only those wit triple notsack can match d Ibos in terms of biz nd other stuff... so its nothing but..... J and E
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by DrMuzungu(m): 11:25am On Nov 24, 2013
History tends to repeat itself, if people don't want to learn from it.

Years ago, Mugabe expelled all white farmers, after seizing their farms. What happened? Prices of food went sky high, hunger was everywhere. What is going to happen this time? Prices of stuff sold by few remaining businesses will go the same direction, up and up only.
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by tonychristopher: 11:27am On Nov 24, 2013
ARM CHAIR CRITICS AND ECONOMIST...IT'S CALLED PROTECTIONISM.IT'S A WELL ACCEPTED ECONOMY PRINCIPLE,REASONABLE GOVT. PROTECT THEIR CITIZENS GHANA HAS SUCH A POLICY,UAE HAS IT AND SO MANY OTHER COUNTRIES...HOW CAN NIGERIA BE SO PROS LOOK AT INDIAN AND CHINESE EVERYWHERE...THEY WILL EMPLOY A DOCILE AND IDIOT THAT KNOWS NOTHING AND CALLS HIM EXPATRIATE. DO YOU KNOW THAT THEY EMPLOY pLUMBERS and electricians for their firms IN NIGERIA AND CALL THEM EXPATRIATES AND THESE DUDES KNOW NOTHING...THE STUPID ASIAN WILL BRAG...WE GIVE THEM RUN FOR THEIR MONEY IF NIGERIAN WILL BE ABLE TO CLOSE THE ECONOMY A BIT LET'S SAY PRODUCE DON'T RETAIL ..LET'S SAY IN ANY ORGANIZATION THE EXPATRIATE RATIO SHOULDN'T BE MORE THAN 25%...BUT OUR MIGRATION AND LABOUR MINISTRY AND ALSO INTERIOR MINISTRY ARE JUST SEATED THERE IN ABUJA DOING NOTHING...WHILE THEY CONVEY NIGERIAN TO WORK IN A CONTAINERS AND NIGERIAN WORK IN IN HUMAN CONDITION....I SUPPORT THEM ON ANOTHER LOOK. OUR PEOPLE AND GOVERNMENT SHOULD LEARN TO PROTECT THEIR CITIZENS....THE BRITISH WILL SAY BRITISH KJOBS FOR BRITISH CITIZENS ......WE ARE SO STUPID AS A COUNTRY.IF WE CAN HAVE A MEASURE OF PROTECTIONISM THAT WILL BE FINE.

do you know that their is racism in Nigeria not tribalis....go to Indian school in illupeju and tell me if you will see a single NIGERIAN there. what do you call that...teachers Indians,schoolers Indians,environment African so what do you call that....bunch of bastardss and they are not honest....why

HIT ME BRO
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by ABAKA72(m): 11:38am On Nov 24, 2013
olatiler: This will affect our Africa Jewish brothers, I think is time now they put there state in order and start developing their cave and stop naming other state as free Land lastly they should delete Triblism from their mind Enugu ppl should see Anambrians as brother while Imo should not left out
you are a stup1d fool, you want to tribaliz this threat, go and massage you complex somewere. dumbkurf.
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 24, 2013
jadoremoid: Why is it that any small thing we start shouting about how people are jealous of us ! This is a simple case of a government trying to protect its citizens which is its primary responsibility. What we should be clouding for is that our government will put in place such polices to protect us. If we had such policies and they are well implemented, fewer Nigerians would even need to travel out as there would be more opportunities here. Dubai and other Countries practice such and it pays their citizens, we need to stop getting sentimental over everything. Not everything is as a result of jealousy they are just protecting their own.
Thank you very much. Of course there is absolutely nothing wrong with what Zimbabwe is doing. She is merely protecting her national interests. The ban is only limited to minor trades. Theirs' is a no-nonsense NATIONALIST government. A govt comprising men who fought in the bush for their freedom for 25 years. Their mentality is not the same as ours where we view everyone as our brother, and are so trusting of foreigners, westerners etc. Like someone said, the Chinese had similar policies, which empowered their people. Zimbabwe is even closer to China politically than to Nigeria, yet she's also targeting the Chinese in this instance. Zimbabwe sees Nigeria as a sellout nation beholden to the west. Nigeria would say they need to be on good terms with their major oil buyers etc etc........But anyway, let's just respect their decision in this instance. The Zimbabwean govt is too Pan-Africanist in ideology to have anything personal against Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by Symphony007: 11:48am On Nov 24, 2013
POPE II: you are an illiterate and the people who liked your comment are as dumb as you . Get educated before spewing trash.
Indians do the same thing in their country in fact you can't employ non local I guess they are also lazy . If you are so hardworking stay in your country and build it .
i will not descend to you name calling but i will make it crystal clear to you that you are a liar. No sensible, economic viable nation has such a blatant indigenization policy. The highest nations go is affirmative action and percentage interest not handing over other people's sweat to another who has no idea the amount of work put into it, and finally i've never been to zimbabwe and frankly i have no wish to visit or do buisness in a country where the currenecy is so worthless i'll need a wheel barrow full of bank notes to buy a loaf of bread. Utterly pathetic!!!
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by Raypawer(m): 12:03pm On Nov 24, 2013
AK Money: F*ck that gaddamn poorest black nation angry angry angry

They deserve this

........................./´¯/)
......................,/¯..//
...................../..../ /
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´(..´......,~/'...')
.........\.................\/..../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\

creativity
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by Symphony007: 12:07pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: Thank you very much. Of course there is absolutely nothing wrong with what Zimbabwe is doing. She is merely protecting her national interests. The ban is only limited to minor trades. Theirs' is a no-nonsense NATIONALIST government. A govt comprising men who fought in the bush for their freedom for 25 years. Their mentality is not the same as ours where we view everyone as our brother, and are so trusting of foreigners, westerners etc. Like someone said, the Chinese had similar policies, which empowered their people. Zimbabwe is even closer to China politically than to Nigeria, yet she's also targeting the Chinese in this instance. Zimbabwe sees Nigeria as a sellout nation beholden to the west. Nigeria would say they need to be on good terms with their major oil buyers etc etc........But anyway, let's just respect their decision in this instance. The Zimbabwean govt is too Pan-Africanist in ideology to have anything personal against Nigeria.
you can spin all you want. But the truth is the reason mugabe is being cozy with the chinese is because they turn a blind eye to all his corruption, high handedness, and greed. He vilianfies the west because they call him out for his corruption and other vices. Only a quack economist will rubber stamp this policy. The china you speak of today has the only range rover factory not in the u.k, it has u.s car companies, german energy companies, european telecoms companies,etc. Globalization is the only means to a dynamic economy. Anything apart from this is obvious disingeniousness. Of they want to be "super nationalist" they should go all the way like north korea. A proud and independent country so nationalist that hunger is driving parents to eat their kids. Enough said.
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by baba11(m): 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2013
This fast nearing senile man has come again with his olden days mentality,firstly,it was british farmers',it's now the turn of my hardworking fellow nigerians.Something urgent has to be done on this ASAP!!!
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Nov 24, 2013
Why will one go to a poor country like zimbabwe 2 do business? What do u tend 2 achieve. Let the foreigners leave,and lets see if zimbabwe wont go into extinction. Rubbish
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by oluboyo04(m): 12:19pm On Nov 24, 2013
pmc01: I hope our Government is monitoring the situation?

Are there no Zimbabwean businesses in Nigeria though?
even if there are, their just a drop in the ocean. Let them be.
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 24, 2013
Adaobi12: Why will one go to a poor country like zimbabwe 2 do business? What do u tend 2 achieve. Let the foreigners leave,and lets see if zimbabwe wont go into extinction. Rubbish

To suggest Zim is a poor country, as you did, is the height of ignorance.
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 24, 2013
Symphony007: you can spin all you want. But the truth is the reason mugabe is being cozy with the chinese is because they turn a blind eye to all his corruption, high handedness, and greed. He vilianfies the west because they call him out for his corruption and other vices. Only a quack economist will rubber stamp this policy. The china you speak of today has the only range rover factory not in the u.k, it has u.s car companies, german energy companies, european telecoms companies,etc. Globalization is the only means to a dynamic economy. Anything apart from this is obvious disingeniousness. Of they want to be "super nationalist" they should go all the way like north korea. A proud and independent country so nationalist that hunger is driving parents to eat their kids. Enough said.
What a load of rubbish. You sound like a BBC mouthpiece. FYI, the Zimbabwean economy is booming following the corrective measures taken by the govt in terms of land and resource re-distribution, and the failure of western sanctions. The blacks are no longer peasants and tenants on their ancestral land. They now have a stake in it. You should tell your white massas to go to Europe and seize all the land they want from the people there. African land belongs to Africans.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 24, 2013
Olaide1295: Wat!!...ordinary zimbabwe
a country where inflation is at d worst level u could eva imagine...
a nation dat once had a one hundred trillion dollar note
a country where a man has been president for over 43 years....
Anyways its not dere fault,its d faults of our inefficient government in Nigeria

So because Zimbabwe is guilty of these sins they don't have right to correct their wrongs? Their govt is working towards protecting her citizens and you are here ranting over their past! Its a good step towards starting over.
Re: Nigerians, Others To Close Businesses In Zimbabwe By January 2014 by Symphony007: 12:34pm On Nov 24, 2013
ROSSIKE: What a load of rubbish. You sound like a BBC mouthpiece. FYI, the Zimbabwean economy is booming following the corrective measures taken by the govt in terms of land and resource re-distribution, and the failure of western sanctions. The blacks are no longer peasants and tenants on their ancestral land. They now have a stake in it. You should tell your white massas to go to Europe and seize all the land they want from the people there. African land belongs to Africans.
zimbabwe economy is booming but their currency is so worthless it has a trillion zimbabwe dollar notes. It's now so useless that they now use the dollar, euro, pounds, etc to do transaction. Is it not ironic that they are now surviving on the currency of the western nations they rai against? Zimbabwe's economy is booming? Quit drinking that coolaid my friend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun Election-inec Official’s Hand Chop Off / Muslims And Christians Are Sons Of Abraham – Buhari On Leah Sharibu / APC Planned To Hack Into INEC Database -DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.