Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,264 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary (16723 Views)

Longest Married Couple In Britain 'never Argue' / Connecticut Couple Honored As 'longest Married' In U.S. / The Longest Married Couple In The World Gives Relationship Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by Rotty1234: 3:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
That is great!!!.
kudos to the woman who endured all the challenges of marriage. And more respect to the man who leave with the wife
with maturity.
Lesson for all.
Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by Rotty1234: 3:55pm On Nov 26, 2013
That is great!!!.
kudos to the woman who endured all the challenges of marriage. And more respect to the man who leave with the wife
with maturity.
Lesson for all.
Rotkem
Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by ludot(m): 4:17pm On Nov 26, 2013
Gwekzy: Isn't that America where divorce is as common as power failure in naija??

So, divorce is not an issue in Nigeria?
Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by juanmiguel: 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
I pray for Gods grace in my marriage(coming soon) grin
Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by romzyxy(m): 6:10pm On Nov 26, 2013
ℓ fink say Ω̴̴̩̩̩̥̩a̶̲̥̅̊ 9ja sef....oyibo thumbs up
Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by made2fit(f): 6:23pm On Nov 26, 2013
And they still look good!

1 Like

Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by pak: 6:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
2 things to pick out from this for those willing to think outta the box.

1) She was sixteen when they got married. .....I wonder where the dofus who claim a 21 yr old girl is not yet ready for marriage are right now ?
They say u need to be emotionally, spiritually, psychologically (bla bla) ready and all dat......yet a girl of 16 was successful for 81 yrs !
Am not advocating early marriage or whatever but I believe expediency is the major goal. Do what you can, when you can, when you think it right and dont conform to any BS that ppl try to shove down ur throat (at least we'v got Byvan here as a modern day proof!)

2) They eloped ! They eloped ! all these u need the blessings of the church and the pastor, you need the blessings of the parents, you need to do it the Islamic way with the Imams are prolly just glorified voodoo talk ! The greatest blessing you need is the willingness of both parties to make it work. ....God isn't partial, not even to atheist.....if you are willing to make things work, be u budhist, hindu, sangoist....then you stand a chance !
Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by Opeyemi1525(f): 6:52pm On Nov 26, 2013
congrats to dem,but they started early and God make dem live long,there are also examples here in Nigeria but may not live to be 81 years in marriage
Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by Trendy4gud(f): 7:16pm On Nov 26, 2013
It's awesome!!! Thank God for their lives. Sincerely it's good to be with someone you 'll grow old with and age gracefully. I claim their blessings in Jesus name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by sunex: 7:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
Can't imagine the ups and downs they have encountered....dats true luv...God grant me such a life ooooo... grin smiley

1 Like

Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by Orikinla(m): 8:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
I thank God for them.
Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by Ajalekoko76(m): 8:26pm On Nov 26, 2013
Hapy Married Life
Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by adaobasi(f): 9:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
kuloo_tempa: i admire them, may God help me to see my children children in Jesus name, AMEN. If u share thesame prayer with me click Like
AMEN
Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by Tukor32: 9:08pm On Nov 26, 2013
kuloo_tempa: i admire them, may God help me to see my children children in Jesus name, AMEN. If u share thesame prayer with me click Like
i am praying to see my great grand children IJN AMEN....if my prayer is as good as your wish click like

1 Like

Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 26, 2013
Happy Married Life.
Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by joyidarauko: 10:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
I am really happy for them I tap their blessings in their marriage too to my own that is on the way , I tap long lasting marriage
Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by adconline(m): 11:34pm On Nov 26, 2013
infonubia:
Some serious but funny post. I'd agree that the comment was too bashful on America and he went off tangent.
How do u argue with these fanatics? Naija has prayed for more than 53 years and our problems have increased in geometric progression.

1 Like

Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by Smooyis(m): 5:46am On Nov 27, 2013
How beautiful would they have been when they were much younger, if they are still this good-looking. Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 27, 2013
pak: 2 things to pick out from this for those willing to think outta the box.

1) She was sixteen when they got married. .....I wonder where the dofus who claim a 21 yr old girl is not yet ready for marriage are right now ?
They say u need to be emotionally, spiritually, psychologically (bla bla) ready and all dat......yet a girl of 16 was successful for 81 yrs !
Am not advocating early marriage or whatever but I believe expediency is the major goal. Do what you can, when you can, when you think it right and dont conform to any BS that ppl try to shove down ur throat (at least we'v got Byvan here as a modern day proof!)

2) They eloped ! They eloped ! all these u need the blessings of the church and the pastor, you need the blessings of the parents, you need to do it the Islamic way with the Imams are prolly just glorified voodoo talk ! The greatest blessing you need is the willingness of both parties to make it work. ....God isn't partial, not even to atheist.....if you are willing to make things work, be u budhist, hindu, sangoist....then you stand a chance !

1 million likes!
Re: Longest Married Couple Celebrates 81st Anniversary by PrettySpicey(f): 5:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
Absolutely beautiful and inspiring. It is so beautiful to see/hear of something like this.
With the way couples are hitting the divorce courts these days, its encouraging to know that there are those who made it work.
And it wasn't just perfect times - there were disagreements, arguments and fights. Yet they looked beyond all that and fixed their gaze on what mattered - their children. And then they made it work.
I think they simply realised that marriage is forever and not just a matter of till we discover our 'irreconcilable differences'. We couples of this generation have got to learn from these two beautiful people.
After this may they reunite in heaven to share a different kind of bliss.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Girl Floods Social Media With Photo Of Her Erect Nipples / 10 Ways To Move On And Deal With A Break Up With A Smile / Dating In London Can Be Difficult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.