Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,220 members, 7,815,266 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:57 AM

My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. (3729 Views)

Family Issues: My Genotype,my Love / My Genotype Issue "AS" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by princessk1: 1:17pm On Jul 25, 2008
lidbb2:

@ princess
thank you very much.
i dey live for bolton for uk.
na there i dey work.
my package big enough to satisfy the babe.no worry about that one.
i pass abi i fail?which one e bi?
ok u can be considered 4 further screening, hopin u r not part of those eatin from hand to mouth there.
will try and post pix
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by princessk1: 1:24pm On Jul 25, 2008
@U1
do they still exist?
fine chic, AA, working, good character, good self esteem and still spend on u?

there is one sha, not too bad.she is like ennyluv jus wit a bit bigger nose and bigger mouth,very

loud,no hair,but manageable since u dont want to spend money.

no eed for u to see pix.u wil like the package
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by lacrimose(f): 3:26pm On Jul 25, 2008
I try to stay away from these kind of topics on sickle cell or (As). My partner and I are both AS. We are not married yet, but i am sorry, i guess we are one of those that dont worry about it. I guess the way nigerians look at life is a little different. It might because of past experiences and many of us carry sickle cell trait. I didnt think about it until i found out in my home church that they strongly advice against two AS's getting married. I was just inquistive and found out i was one and my boyfriend also carry the trait.

I understand people's arguments and respect it. but you only have one life to live. I heard some people on this thread saying marry an AA and leave a stress free life. Yes you can, but what if that person is not for you and u trade your happiness for genotype. You can never tell wot life is going to bring to you. Someone can have an AA child that might develop different kind of diseases or cancer or life long battle with mental issues, or might inherit genes that makes him/her a dwarf. The list of diseases you can inherit from both parents is endless. So to discourage people from following their heart should not be done. Just hope for the best. If you live in fear, u make decisions that might not be suitable for u as a person. I as a person would not change my opinions and i hardly talk about them because of how shallow people are. But then again, a lot of people going through sickel cell diseases are talking from their painful experience which is understandable, but know where u stand.

Please follow your heart and pray about it. If you feel that marrying an AS person is something you cant handle , then dont go ahead with it, but if life takes you into that direction, go for it but be ready and be strong.
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by U1(m): 7:14pm On Jul 25, 2008
princess k:

@U1
do they still exist?
fine chic, AA, working, good character, good self esteem and still spend on u?

there is one sha, not too bad.she is like ennyluv jus wit a bit bigger nose and bigger mouth,very

loud,no hair,but manageable since u don't want to spend money.

no eed for u to see pix.u wil like the package

Sorry, I thought there are still some left, maybe I was wrong. Please forget about the other one left, because it's already sounding scary shocked , and I don't think the package is going to be funny. I'm out! **I didn't run though, na cut I cut**
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by jokepearl(f): 7:52pm On Jul 25, 2008
lacrimose:

I try to stay away from these kind of topics on sickle cell or (As). My partner and I are both AS. We are not married yet, but i am sorry, i guess we are one of those that don't worry about it. I guess the way nigerians look at life is a little different. It might because of past experiences and many of us carry sickle cell trait. I didnt think about it until i found out in my home church that they strongly advice against two AS's getting married. I was just inquistive and found out i was one and my boyfriend also carry the trait.

I understand people's arguments and respect it. but you only have one life to live. I heard some people on this thread saying marry an AA and leave a stress free life. Yes you can, but what if that person is not for you and u trade your happiness for genotype. You can never tell wot life is going to bring to you. Someone can have an AA child that might develop different kind of diseases or cancer or life long battle with mental issues, or might inherit genes that makes him/her a dwarf. The list of diseases you can inherit from both parents is endless. So to discourage people from following their heart should not be done. Just hope for the best. If you live in fear, u make decisions that might not be suitable for u as a person. I as a person would not change my opinions and i hardly talk about them because of how shallow people are. But then again, a lot of people going through sickel cell diseases are talking from their painful experience which is understandable, but know where u stand.

Please follow your heart and pray about it. If you feel that marrying an AS person is something you can't handle , then don't go ahead with it, but if life takes you into that direction, go for it but be ready and be strong.

Hmm i do respect you. (I hope your partner feels the same way u do)

But i believe you can find happiness with anyone. Why should the right person be AS and not AA. Darling if you witness the stress people go through (especially the innocent babies) you may feel different , the fear is killing believe me I have seen it. Dear I am not saying you should change your mind since there are so many options now available for couples with both AS but they are stressful and expensive
So I'll like u just to change from i don't care to I do care and I can have AA kids even if i marry an AS.

I hope u get me
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by fiqi: 9:31pm On Jul 25, 2008
You seem to me, adesperate fellow. If being a carrier of an AS genotype you call your situation a nightmare, then what does asickle cell patient say? Better dead than living? Please stop the noise.
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by lacrimose(f): 10:04pm On Jul 25, 2008
jokepearl:

Hmm i do respect you. (I hope your partner feels the same way u do)

But i believe you can find happiness with anyone. Why should the right person be AS and not AA. Darling if you witness the stress people go through (especially the innocent babies) you may feel different , the fear is killing believe me I have seen it. Dear I am not saying you should change your mind since there are so many options now available for couples with both AS but they are stressful and expensive
So I'll like u just to change from i don't care to I do care and I can have AA kids even if i marry an AS.

I hope u get me

Thanks, i try to stay positive and i do care. I am glad u said there are different options available. I think that there should be more education on possible options rather than people telling others to running away. Although most options available might challenge our ethical beliefs, people need to know its not the end of their lives (@poster). I am not saying people should stay with relationships with both partners being AS's but know what you are getting into, be positive and pray.

@ poster, do ur homework, if u can find love and happiness wid an AA person congrats, if not and it is any other genotype. Prepare financially if you can, i know all fingers are not equal, if you know you might not be able to afford any of the available options of having kids without the sickle cell disease in the near future then all i can suggest is that either you make ur choice now or rely totally on God.

It is so funny how wen it is comes to everything else, people are like trust Jehovah, there is nothing God cannot do, but when it comes to things like sickle cell it is Dont test God. Its not a matter of testing God is a matter of possibilities.
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by lacrimose(f): 10:07pm On Jul 25, 2008
@ poster

u havent asked her what her genotype is, so why are u scared, ask her so u can have ur peace.

It would be funny if she isnt an AS afterall. No worries
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by luckyme9(f): 6:27am On Jul 26, 2008
sad sad sad
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by lidbb2(m): 7:55am On Jul 26, 2008
@ princess k

i happy say i pass round one.
how i go take see the picture?
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by princessk1: 9:36am On Jul 26, 2008
;d

Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by princessk1: 9:38am On Jul 26, 2008
;d
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by mikelbay(m): 10:06am On Jul 26, 2008
@poster for the sake of your unborn go for AA. otherwise adopt undecided
@princessk which one u be?
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by U1(m): 12:10pm On Jul 26, 2008
Princess K, na who be those ones? grin
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by lidbb2(m): 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2008
@ princess k
thank you very much.
u be real princess.
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by daisy4real: 11:29pm On Jul 28, 2008
I advice you to ask for her genotype before marrying her, to avoid regrates.
My elder brother is a victim and i know how much he has suffered in that marriage. Infact, he lost his Second son who was [ SS] january this year.
Don't do silly things out of love.
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by tpia: 2:44am On Jul 29, 2008
@ OP: its important to know the genotype before you marry or even start dating someone. No need to be sentimental about things like this.

Its not easy raising a child with sickle cell. And thats an understatement.
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by HCH3COO: 2:54am On Jul 29, 2008
tpia:

@ OP: its important to know the genotype before you marry or even start dating someone. No need to be sentimental about things like this.

Its not easy raising a child with sickle cell. And thats an understatement.
concur with the statement kiss
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by angelemar(m): 2:08pm On Jun 15, 2013
its difficult u just have to be careful with the decisionn cos
it will affect u later.though it hurts but you just have to manage the situation
Re: My Life Is Ruled By My Genotype. by yetseyi(f): 6:59pm On Jun 15, 2013
hmmm it hurts so much losing relationships coz of genotype

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is This Love, Or Has She Just Been Flirting With Me? / Hot Question!!! : Women / Why The Increase In Intimate Immorality/Promiscuity Among Young Adults & Teens?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.