Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:58 PM

Welcome To Umuahia - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To Umuahia (8383 Views)

Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia / Photos From President Jonathan's Campaign Visit to Umuahia, Abia State / 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 8:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
Just crossed the river and now in Abia, Umuahia suburb. Some housing development same area, approaching the express, express intersection and approaching town

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 8:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
Approaching town towards mission hill.

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Afam4eva(m): 8:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
Why can't our roads be wider like it is in other parts of the world.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 8:38pm On Nov 25, 2013
Umuahia main market undergoing demolition, Library avenue, Bank road (Factory Road)

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 8:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
Afam4eva: Why can't our roads be wider like it is in other parts of the world.
Afam shey u want make dem pack all the money do road ni? Na small small na. Build infrastructure, develop the economy. Once the infrastructure is sound and the economy is growing, there can be room for more expansion. U want Nigeria to become like America in just 8 years abi? Yeye

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
I am beginning to have a soft spot for this Orji dude. He is probably not as bad as u guys make him out to be. I was expecting Umuahia to look like Aba.
The only grouse I have with him is the neglect of Aba. Aba is the life-blood of the state. He should have concentrated his development efforts in Aba as much as Umuahia. Most people I know have no business with Umuahia. Aba is probably more popular.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by asha80(m): 8:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
PhenomenonVFX: I am beginning to have a soft spot for this Orji dude. He is probably not as bad as u guys make him out to be. I was expecting Umuahia to look like Aba.
The only grouse I have with him is the neglect of Aba. Aba is the life-blood of the state. He should have concentrated his development efforts in Aba as much as Umuahia. Most people I know have no business with Umuahia. Aba is probably more popular.
no get soft spot am...the man na ram.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 25, 2013
This dude is just snapping one stretch of road in umuahia. Probably the only stretch of good road in umuahia. And mind you, it was not built by TA orji, but Mbakwe. If the op dispute this, then i know he must be sick in the head.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 9:13pm On Nov 25, 2013
I saw a building project and I remembered spyder and I wandered into site. The owner said that his mission was to deck the 13 room, 3 reception house in three weeks. I said good luck to him and more grease. I was impressed by the undergrads on site making money while ASUU strike was on. The other guys on site had university ambition; no wonder we have high education rate in Abia.

A glimpse of Golden Guinea brewery, a reminder to TA Orji to do something and get at least 1000 guys employed.

Aba road and bende road

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
asha 80: no get soft spot am...the man na ram.

grin grin
Guy u bad. See as u come make me dey picture Orji with horns and hoof
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 9:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
Bende road 1 , 2(High Court ?), Secretariat Road, New timber shed (Building materials market) Very large and good vision by governor. He is turning old timber to a housing estate

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by oilykid(m): 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
nt bad bt orji stil hv lots of wrk to do in abia especially in aba n umuahia,,umuahia does nt hv much luk as a capital city since abia is an oil producin state
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 9:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
This is what inner streets look like in umuahia. Okpara square area and forest reserve

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 25, 2013
FACE: Bende road 1 , 2(High Court ?), Secretariat Road, New timber shed (Building materials market) Very large and good vision by governor. He is turning old timber to a housing estate
is dat nt the road leading to michael okpara university of agric. Umudike? Close 2 umudike junction.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 9:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
Demolition still on. Brick building to hit the dust later. Forest reserve is a large stretch and passes our old villa spring water stream. Umuahia is generally on a hill and has lots of spring water streams. I decided to go to the old villa and the stream to see how far, now that people are bore hole dependent. Boy, they have built houses to the foot of the steep hill. You have to descend about 100m to the stream.

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Afam4eva(m): 9:50pm On Nov 25, 2013
PhenomenonVFX:
Afam shey u want make dem pack all the money do road ni? Na small small na. Build infrastructure, develop the economy. Once the infrastructure is sound and the economy is growing, there can be room for more expansion. U want Nigeria to become like America in just 8 years abi? Yeye
There's nothing wrong in thinking big and starting small. These growing cities in Nigeria have to learn to what has happened to Lagos and make room for future developments. From the pictures i have seen, the roads seem narrow and have no sidewalks.

But from what i see Umuahia is not as bad as been painted. As a matter of fact, based on pictures that i've seen, it looks better than Awka to me. But as far as i'm concerned, i'm really not fond of cities like Umuahia, Awka or Owerri. I'm interestied in seeing what our leaders can do to the commercial cities of Aba, Onitsha and Nnewi.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by emindu: 9:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
the beauty of umuahia at night

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 9:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
Old stream ( Nwa Nchara) with coal deposits, The steep hill where our fore fathers walked to fetch and wash. Going across rail and to old umuahia

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 9:55pm On Nov 25, 2013
Emindu, please let me finish first
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by galaxi(m): 9:56pm On Nov 25, 2013
Poster you are sick in the head if this is actually all the picture you have,all those roads were never constructed by T.A,ask umuahians.
Even a blind man living in abia state knows the state governor have done nothing,do you know the amount of money that traders,landlords etc are mandated to pay annually?
Do you knw that the two major roads in aba (aba-owerri and ikot-ekpene roads) are nothing to write home about?
Do you know that umuahia the state capital is a very small city and the only major road is aba road?
Be honest to yourself is that what the only major road in a state capital should look like?
I guess you benefited from the loot,just keep quite and enjoy.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by emindu: 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
some of the constructed structures laid by TAO

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 10:01pm On Nov 25, 2013
From the old villa to Old Umuahia and Ishi court road and a new shopping centre at Old Umuahia

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
emindu: some of the constructed structures laid by TAO
allow FACE 2 finish na, dnt give us this old pix of ogurube layout, u got all dis online, let's get new pix frm FACE.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 10:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
Shopping centre, some industries still doing their thing, ceramics industry( I heard that Gov is tussling with the catholic church over the factory) and the road opposite the ceramic

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 10:18pm On Nov 25, 2013
Some umunna and ndi obia doing their thing in this estate. Madonna catholic hospital (Massive on three floors), the new estate at the old timber shed

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 10:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
Aba road, new timber shed, Ehimiri ? estate

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 10:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
Timber shed, New umuahia area. Some govt buildings

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 10:33pm On Nov 25, 2013
Ongoing construction and some new roads in area

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by oilykid(m): 10:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
most of d roads in abia seems to hv been constructed by local constractors cuz most of them luks shabby wit no walkways
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by FACE(m): 10:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
Otuka By pass ? Nkata Road ? road to some estate and towards CBN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Denies Secret Trial, Dismissal Of 203 Soldiers For Mutiny / The Most Beautiful City In Africa / Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.