Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,659 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

Welcome To Umuahia - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Welcome To Umuahia (8396 Views)

Army Sacks Police Station In Umuahia / Photos From President Jonathan's Campaign Visit to Umuahia, Abia State / 2nd Time Visitor To Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:52am On Nov 26, 2013
customized13: seriously, I share ur plights, T.A orji has really disappointed us, all we need is prayer in the upcoming election, but dnt get D op wrong, he never mentioned T A orji, jst "welcome to umuahia".

My brother it is so sad. You can imagine that each flat paid aproximately NGN3,000 and also approximately NGN1,000 by every shop in Umuhaia and even beyond as development levy. Do the maths and ask yourself where the development by T. A. Orji are.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by IGBOSON1: 12:54am On Nov 26, 2013
oilykid: most of d roads in abia seems to hv been constructed by local constractors cuz most of them luks shabby wit no walkways

^^^I noticed that a long time ago! That's one of the things that makes my blood boil with this Abia Governor. Apart from the new gov't house where he's spared no expense to build a solid, durable and cutting-edge complex.......and maybe the new secretariat and conference centre; every other project looks mediocre at best, and -like you said- looks like local carpenters and bricklayers built them.

Most of the streets are too narrow, and -with the build-up of dirt/sand on the sides- it looks like they've not been swept since they were built! Also, if they know they're going to paint their roads with that black-white-black-white thing (which i hate), then they have to retouch it every couple of months........when the white part gets brown with dirt, it gives the whole city a dusty unkempt look!

On the whole, i'm underwhelmed by what i've seen so far! The city doesn't have that pristine/modern feel like Uyo and parts of Enugu have. But i have to admit it's clean, and this is one area where the governor has done well.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:57am On Nov 26, 2013
customized13: Jesus u hv enbarassed me, do u kw dats an insult, like I dnt kw hw long a kilometre is? Broda I kw wat am saying so dnt insult me.

Sorry if I insulted you. I was trying let make us understand the realities on ground. You know that atimes people quote km without actually reconciling it with reality. I appologise for any insult: it was never intended. I never knew that I sounded insulting anyway.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 12:58am On Nov 26, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I noticed that a long time ago! That's one of the things that makes my blood boil with this Abia Governor. Apart from the new gov't house where he's spared no expense to build a solid, durable and cutting-edge complex.......and maybe the new secretariat and conference centre; every other project looks mediocre at best, and -like you said- looks like local carpenters and bricklayers built them.

Most of the streets are too narrow, and -with the build-up of dirt/sand on the sides- it looks like they've not been swept since they were built! Also, if they know they're going to paint their roads with that black-white-black-white thing (which i hate), then they have to retouch it every couple of months........when the white part gets brown with dirt, it gives the whole city a dusty unkempt look!

On the whole, i'm underwhelmed by what i've seen so far! The city doesn't have that pristine/modern/clean feel like Uyo and parts of Enugu have.
exactly, dats what he's refusing 2 kw, and that's becos he's clueless, see if we start T A discussion we won't finish it oooo, T A orji is an opposite of God's work.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 26, 2013
jusRadical:

Sorry if I insulted you. I was trying let make us understand the realities on ground. You know that atimes people quote km without actually reconciling it with reality. I appologise for any insult: it was never intended. I never knew that I sounded insulting anyway.
I understand ooo, it pains me 2 say he's my governor and also from ibeku too. We all knw he has left a very bad legacy for himself, make en do commot abeg.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 1:05am On Nov 26, 2013
IGBO-SON:

On the whole, i'm underwhelmed by what i've seen so far! The city doesn't have that pristine/modern/clean feel like Uyo and parts of Enugu have.

Not all the roads are narrow. Most of the roads constructed by late Sam Mbakwe are wide and sound. They include Azikiwe road, Finbars road (except the entrance from Umuahia high court and the end towards Bende road which were bad sometime ago and were fixed by Uzor kalu or so), Macauly street, Adelabu, School road Ohafia street, etc.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by DerideGull(m): 1:12am On Nov 26, 2013
Ugom38: is it the same umuahia i visited last 2 weeks?

You are correct. OP seemed to be doing fine until he/she introduces Mallam Rochas Okorocha and Owerre to the twist.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 1:12am On Nov 26, 2013
customized13: exactly, dats what he's refusing 2 kw, and that's becos he's clueless, see if we start T A discussion we won't finish it oooo, T A orji is an opposite of God's work.

My brother you are right. Let me even stop wasting my time and bytes on the man. I still insist that that the best governor that has ever governed both Imo state and Abia state was late Sir Sam Onunaka Mbakwe. Can you imagine that a good number of the roads he constructed more than 30 years ago are still intact?

Abey make I do other things before I sleep.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Chimerase(m): 2:58am On Nov 26, 2013
Nnewi1stSon: Madam please carry your pessimism somewhere else, ppl like you dont see anything good in anything. If the OP had said 'Aba' i'd have been weary, but as per Umuahia, even orji's haters affirm that he did a great Job over there....
oh sharap is it de umuahia I live in, dat TA orji rendered useless
I mean hw can u use 4B naira to distroy de only big market in de capital
I mean tell me wat he is smoking
Rendering so many pple homeless and jobless
Becos of it so many traders. And businessmen hv packed to der village
OP show me or tell us one meaningful thing dat idio...t u call TA has done in abia
Thiefing since inception
Then u come here to rant rubbish
Luk u r a visit so u don't knw anytin abt dis state
TA orji is de worst governor naija has produced since 1960 angry
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Chimerase(m): 3:03am On Nov 26, 2013
Wat he does is praise himself in radio
Painting of primary skul
Destruction of shops and business areas
I swear e no go beta for that armed robber o!
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by ChiSun27(m): 6:14am On Nov 26, 2013
Can't really wait for Umuahia to get better.

Its quite a big shame that our leaders down there have not been helping issues...its really a shame.

Nice one sha...@OP.
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by 0key: 8:23am On Nov 26, 2013
very interesting thread. keep it up op n upload more pics
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nobody: 8:34am On Nov 26, 2013
Until that man FIX Umuahia-Ikwuano-Ariam Road, he has done nothing, the busiest Route after Umuahia Aba Road..... angry
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Ugom38(f): 8:49am On Nov 26, 2013
that man is a crook,take it or leave.It is my state so i know what am talking about
CHIKENA tongue
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by IGBOSON1: 12:12pm On Nov 26, 2013
Chimerase: oh sharap is it de umuahia I live in, dat TA orji rendered useless
I mean hw can u use 4B naira to distroy de only big market in de capital
I mean tell me wat he is smoking
Rendering so many pple homeless and jobless
Becos of it so many traders. And businessmen hv packed to der village
OP show me or tell us one meaningful thing dat idio...t u call TA has done in abia
Thiefing since inception
Then u come here to rant rubbish
Luk u r a visit so u don't knw anytin abt dis state
TA orji is de worst governor naija has produced since 1960 angry

^^^I hope the bolded is not true!

The way we waste money on all sorts of nonsense is so frustrating walahi! Imagine what 5 billion naira could do for infrastructural provision in Aba and Umuahia. You could build 2 or 3 quality health centres, or fully reconstruct some key roads in Aba, or build a quality 4-star hotel in Umuahia, or build at least 3 world-class primary or secondary schools in each of the states senatorial zones........etc-etc-etc.

The problem we have is visionless unprepared peeps that have no business being governors are leading some of our states!
Re: Welcome To Umuahia by Nnewi1stSon: 1:04pm On Nov 26, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I hope the bolded is not true!

The way we waste money on all sorts of nonsense is so frustrating walahi! Imagine what 5 billion naira could do for infrastructural provision in Aba and Umuahia. You could build 2 or 3 quality health centres, or fully reconstruct some key roads in Aba, or build a quality 4-star hotel in Umuahia, or build at least 3 world-class primary or secondary schools in each of the states senatorial zones........etc-etc-etc.

The problem we have is visionless unprepared peeps that have no business being governors are leading some of our states!
gringrin. lmao, u know sometimes when i see you tonguelashing Igbo leaders, i'm always amused, you're setting a bar too high for any ordinary Nigerian Governor, with exception of Fashola, Akpabio and Amaechi(who have the resources @ hand). Although i agree most Governors in the SE are too mediocre, but let us appreciate what we have for the meantime and just hope and pray that better things come our way. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Insecurity: Lagos Places Security Agencies On Red Alert / Losing Is Part Of The Game - By Femi Adesina / Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.