Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,422 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Christians, come in for a dialogue - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, come in for a dialogue (4479 Views)

All Christians, Come Celebrate With Me. / Atheists And Christians Come In... / I Think I Need A Religion. Christians Come & Sell Your Religion To Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 12:24pm On Nov 27, 2013
Neither judaism nor Christianity is found in the Bible or in a Bible dictionary. No Israelites prophet said the word 'judaism'. Jesus never claimed to establish Christianity and never called himself a Christian. The Word Christian is mentioned only three times in the new testament and first by pagans and jews in antioch about 43 A.D. long after Jesus had left this earth. in Acts 11:26 "And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch". Then Agrippa said unto Paul:"Almost thou persuade me to be a Christian" So the name Christian was first given by foes of christianity then. And finally, Peter in his letter to comfort the faithful in I Peter 4: 16 "yet if any man suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed" So what was the religion of Jesus
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 12:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
le me ask a question, is the Bible holy? if yes proof it

1 Like

Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
if you're going to call a book holy, then it must be free of errors, contradictions and controversies. since holy means its from God and you don't expect God to make mistakes, do you?
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by macof(m): 12:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: "christian" is a word used probably in mockery by people regarding the believers in christ in the church at antioch describing their lifestyle as it was similar to Christs lifestyle.

Christ-ian

Lifestyle. Lifestyle. Lifestyle of godliness and righteousness. Most who profess to be christians are not really christians. They profess to know God, but in their works deny him. Being reprobate and abominable.

Christianity is deeper than mere religion.
It is a relionship that radically changes ones lifestyle and makes him repent from sin.

Anyone who has not repented from sin is not a real christian and does not profess christianity.

Some shameless elements claim to have been christians before when they were actually hypocrites practicing empty religion. Don't listen to them. It is not easy to truly know God, and fall away( I do not say it is impossible)

Thank you for your time.
God bless you.

We know christianity from lifestyle.

I have since known that u have mental problems

"christian" whether it means Christ like, worshipers of Christ, righteous ones or people meant for heaven. It doesn't change the fact that Jesus's soul is laughing at you all and would reject many of you(if not all) when the time comes to return to the spiritual realm.

You foolishly say christianity is holiness and righteousness, living like Jesus. How many of you live like Jesus of the Bible?
How many of u are single and not searching?
How many of you fast?
How many of you pray daily?
How many of you have never fought and only got angry once in your lifetime?
How Many of you don't have a transport machine?
How many of you have borrowed a car to use only once in your lifetime?
How many of you have never had Romance with a lady?

Josh if u have not been doing exactly as Jesus did, Hell is waiting for u.

You are the shameless one, I had been in that fraud called a religion(which some fools call irreligion) and you can't compare with my level of Christian faith.

You think because many have realized the lies and secrets of christianity they have not been Christian atol.

It just proves that christianity is for the mentally deformed individuals
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 12:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
macof:

"christian" whether it means Christ like, worshipers of Christ, righteous ones or people meant for heaven. It doesn't change the fact that Jesus's soul is laughing at you all and would reject many of you(if not all) when the time comes to return to the spiritual realm.

You foolishly say christianity is holiness and righteousness, living like Jesus. How many of you live like Jesus of the Bible?
How many of you fast?

You are the shameless one, I had been in that fraud called a religion(which some fools call irreligion) and you can't compare with my level of Christian faith.

You think because many have realized the lies and secrets of christianity they have not been Christian atol.

my brother i said no insults
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Emusan(m): 1:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
slye: if you're going to call a book holy, then it must be free of errors, contradictions and controversies. since holy means its from God and you don't expect God to make mistakes, do you?

If you have been on NL since 2008 yet you can still make this statement then something is wrong somewhere.
For best consience clear since you still have google on your phone, quickly type "contradictions in Bible" I believe over 500 articles that have dealt with it will display.

Shalom!
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by MonsieurCoder: 1:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
i like how all the christians shyed away as usual grin
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by macof(m): 2:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
slye: who knows the origin of Christianity or how dd it started. And besides Christianity is mentioned only three times in the Bible

This is an issue of so many conspiracy, lies and hidden facts.

One thing is certain Christianity is gotten from Judaism/Judaic monotheism, Mithraism and Kemetism

To get the history and origin of christianity is to study the religion of the Jews during Jesus lifetime as well as the Religion of the Romans.
And it's also important to understand the main points of christianity
1. Prophecy of Messiah
2. Birth of Jesus
3. Life and times of Jesus
4. Death and Resurrection

One thing is "Jesus is not the Messiah" says the Jews

His Birth, Death and resurrection is similar to Older pagan Gods
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Joshthefirst(m): 3:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
macof:

How many of you fast?

nonsense. I have no ish with you. It seems you have a personal problem with truth. Go and deal with your problem and stop spitting hatred everywhere.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
Emusan:

If you have been on NL since 2008 yet you can still make this statement then something is wrong somewhere.
For best consience clear since you still have google on your phone, quickly type "contradictions in Bible" I believe over 500 articles that have dealt with it will display.

Shalom!
My brother when i made a point i didn't refer you to google. pls help by contributing not referring. And besides i didn't find sth convincing when searching through google. Thanks
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by harbiola1(m): 4:24pm On Nov 27, 2013
macof:

One thing is "Jesus is not the Messiah" says the Jews

His Birth, Death and resurrection is similar to Older pagan Gods

Always mind what u'll be saying about Jesus.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 4:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
Brothers, did you know jesus prophesied in the Bible that people would worship him uselessly and believe in doctrines made by men: "but in vain they do worship me teaching for doctrines the commandment of men" (Matthew15:9) And look at it today, where's the origin of Bible? is it From God or men?
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 6:44pm On Nov 27, 2013
Luke said in his recordings in 1:2-3 "Even as they delivered them unto us, which from the beginning were eyewitnesses and ministers of the word, it seemed good to me also, having held perfect understanding of all things from the very first, to write unto thee in order, most excellent Theophilus...." If luke had said that he himself was not an eye witness and the knowledge he gathered was from eyewitnesses and not as words inspired by God. Then is Bible God's words ??

1 Like

Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by thorpido(m): 7:22pm On Nov 27, 2013
Does a man have a religion with his father?When we say Christianity is not a religion,it is because we have a relationship and a fellowship with God-the Father.

For those criticising,can you tell me any religion that says God is their Father?
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 9:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
thorpido: Does a man have a religion with his father?When we say Christianity is not a religion,it is because we have a relationship and a fellowship with God-the Father.

For those criticising,can you tell me any religion that says God is their Father?
my brother you're going back. we ve settled the issue that its not a religion toyou. OK?
now someone shd ans my points made abt luke and jesus's prophecy. Thanks
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by MonsieurCoder: 9:08pm On Nov 27, 2013
slye:
my brother you're going back. we ve settled the issue that its not a religion toyou. OK?
now someone shd ans my points made abt luke and jesus's prophecy. Thanks

Everything in that book is a made up political propaganda wink

1 Like

Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

Everything in that book is a made up political propaganda wink
seriously, I've not come across a Christian that can defend his/her belief. They seem to run away
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by macof(m): 9:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
slye:
seriously, I've not come across a Christian that can defend his/her belief. They seem to run away

Because they can't

Christianity has nothing outside the Bible to it's defense, yet even the Bible can be used to it's offense

2 Likes

Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by thorpido(m): 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
slye:
Christianity is meant for a Christian to come and prove or defend something to you?You must really be joking.

A Christian who understands Christianity has nothing to prove to you.Christ came and accomplished what He came to do.Jesus said,'it is finished'.

'For the preaching of the cross is foolishness to them that perish......(1 Cor. 1:18)'.

1 Like

Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by MonsieurCoder: 10:36pm On Nov 27, 2013
thorpido: Christianity is meant for a Christian to come and prove or defend something to you?You must really be joking.

A Christian who understands Christianity has nothing to prove to you.Christ came and accomplished what He came to do.Jesus said,'it is finished'.

Pack your self commot from here!, if you cannot answer his questions go and use your dull brain for something else

Rubbish angry
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by thorpido(m): 10:42pm On Nov 27, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

Pack your self commot from here!, if you cannot answer his questions go and use your dull brain for something else

Rubbish angry
Dull brain?Some of you are just so shallow.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by MonsieurCoder: 10:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
thorpido: Dull brain?Some of you are just so shallow.

Answer his question or Shut up!
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Joshthefirst(m): 10:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
MonsieurCoder:

Answer his question or Shut up!
answering his question or not answering his question will not prove anything, as you're both bent in your paths.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by MonsieurCoder: 10:53pm On Nov 27, 2013
Joshthefirst: answering his question or not answering his question will not prove anything, as you're both bent in your paths.

same goes to you.

Answer the question or shut up!

1 Like

Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by harbiola1(m): 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
thorpido:

Are you a kid for asking this kind of question What does it cost me to say that i'm the owner of Nairaland? whereas, i'm only fooling myself and any one that takes me serious.

Jesus is the word of God like every other person that has ever lived in this world.
Jesus' birth is as miraculous as the creation of Adam through whom we're all word of God. Eve was created from Adam without any form of conception.

Isaac was born by an aged sterile woman. do u want to tell me that it was the same intercourse that they had been having since their younger age to no avail then formed a child in the post-post-post menopause?

Archangel Gabriel told Mary that her cousin Elizabeth, being a barren, has also experienced the same miraculous conception and that nothing is impossible for God to do.

Was the verses saying God will come into Mary's womb or that G-d will have *** with Mary.

Did God transform b4 he could create Adam and Eve, or incarnate into Sarai's and Elizabeth's wombs b4 they could receive the the same word which turned Mary to the Mother of G-d in ur deluded mind.

The earlier u realized the error u've fallen into, the better it's for ur innocent soul.

3 Likes

Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by harbiola1(m): 11:21pm On Nov 27, 2013
thorpido:

Are you a kid for asking this kind of question What does it cost me to say that i'm the owner of Nairaland? whereas, i'm only fooling myself and any one that takes me serious.

Jesus is the word of God like every other person that has ever lived in this world.
Jesus' birth is as miraculous as the creation of Adam through whom we're all word of God. Eve was created from Adam without any form of conception.

Isaac was born by an aged sterile woman. do u want to tell me that it was the same intercourse that they had been having since their younger age to no avail then formed a child in the post-post-post menopause?

Archangel Gabriel told Mary that her cousin Elizabeth, being a barren, has also experienced the same miraculous conception and that nothing is impossible for God to do.

Was the verses saying God will come into Mary's womb or that G-d will have *** with Mary.

Did God transform b4 he could create Adam and Eve, or incarnate into Sarai's and Elizabeth's wombs b4 they could receive the the same word which turned Mary to the Mother of G-d in ur deluded mind.

The earlier u realized the error u've fallen into, the better it's for ur innocent soul.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 4:21am On Nov 28, 2013
Brothers, no insults pls
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 4:30am On Nov 28, 2013
so if Christians re going to convince me Christianity is the right path. The best they can do is mute. Is it better to mute and keep deceiving oursefs? I'm not saying here my belief is the right path. convince, admonish us Christianity is. Simple!
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 4:49am On Nov 28, 2013
Peter continues with a mandate for the defense of
our beliefs, "…always being prepared to make a
defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for
the hope that is in you…" (v. 15b). The Christian
must be to explain why he believes what he
believes. God gave us brains with which to think,
He provided evidence of His existence in nature
(Romans 1:18-23), and He supplies specific
revelation of Himself through His prophets and
apostles recorded in the Bible (II Peter 1:19-21).
The believer should prepare to defend the Gospel
(Jude 1:3). where re thou Christians. Answer my question and defend your faith
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by italo: 5:50am On Nov 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: do other religions claim to be anything else? Do we not take the definition of christianity from the source of christianity? The bible? Stop being unreasonable.

Christianity started in 33AD. The Bible was compiled and canonized almost 400 years later.

1 Like

Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by italo: 5:53am On Nov 28, 2013
thorpido: Does a man have a religion with his father?When we say Christianity is not a religion,it is because we have a relationship and a fellowship with God-the Father.

Christianity is a religion...except you dont know the meaning of "religion."
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by italo: 5:58am On Nov 28, 2013
@OP, what exactly do you want to know about Christianity?

And do you mind telling me your creed?

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Drums In Mountain Of Fire / Were Animals Also Punished For Eve's Disobedience? If Yes, Why? / Boko Haram Terrorists Bow To Jesus Power - The Angelic Visit To Michael Sambo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.