Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,984 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Christians, come in for a dialogue - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, come in for a dialogue (4481 Views)

All Christians, Come Celebrate With Me. / Atheists And Christians Come In... / I Think I Need A Religion. Christians Come & Sell Your Religion To Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Lordlexyy: 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
harbiola1: Pls i will so much appreciate it if u can define christianity.
The life of God express in a man. Or divinity walking in humanity. Or the nature, image and righteousness of God manifest in a man that makes him a god. You want more?
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
rationalmind:

Hehehehehe, laugh wan kill me. Muslims never cease to amaze me. On one hand they claim the bible has been edited, on another hand they attempt to use that same edited bible to prove mohammed was mentioned in it. What makes you feel the part that mentioned the comforter has not been edited.

Hehehe, anyway, let me leave your question for our christian brethen. That's if they even bother to dignify you with a response

They won't answer me because there is no answer to give. You pple only shy away from questions. I've asked many questions here concerning Christianity. No one has attempted to ans my questions properly, I'm only getting insults!
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Lordlexyy: 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
harbiola1: Pls i will so much appreciate it if u can define christianity.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by thorpido(m): 7:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
slye: John ( 17:21 ) "That they(disciples) all may be one; as thou, Father art in me, and I in thee, that they may also be one in us.. ..." it is clear here that God and Jesus re one, and that the disciples are one in Jesus and God. If Jesus is God because he is in God , why re the disciples not God too as they re like Jesus who is in God ?
There is so much I wish I coud teach you but human reasoning cannot know God and you are at that level of human reasoning because that is all religion can offer.Study this scripture below:

But when He appears,we shall be like Him,for we shall see Him just as He is'(I john 3:2).
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 7:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
thorpido: There is so much I wish I coud teach you but human reasoning cannot know God and you are at that level of human reasoning because that is all religion can offer.Study this scripture below:

But when He appears,we shall be like Him,for we shall see Him just as He is'(I john 3:2).
i can see you're above human reasoning. Teach to me the doctrines then. ..Thanks in anticipation
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Lordlexyy: 8:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
slye:
i can see you're above human reasoning. Teach to me the doctrines then. ..Thanks in anticipation
Is obvious you don't want to learn. The bible described those who embrace Christ and believe in His words as gods. Our new creation in Christ has qualified us as gods in God's image in a physical body. The genuity of any belief is evident in the life style of its followers. While islam from time immemorial is charactised with violence and blood shed, Christianity on the other hand has shown undeniable proves of its belief through peacefuly co-habiting with others irrespective of their religion or practices. The efficacy of God's Word-the bible contemperarily has provided loads of proof in the miracles performed and are still performing which muslims and athiests are a beneficiary (myself inclusive). Argueing the authenticity of the bible leaving its portancy and efficacy is an attempt to speak evil of what you can't comprehend with rational mind.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by harbiola1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
Lordlexyy:
a god.

Are u a christian or pagan
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by harbiola1(m): 9:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
rationalmind:
There is no reason whatsoever to suggest mohammed ever even saw or had access to the "so called original manuscripts". [/b]

Bro, u really need a doctor o. I wonder what's so rational about ur mind.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Joshthefirst(m): 9:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
The comforter is the Holy spirit that came in pentecost.

Sorry, but I'm gone.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
harbiola1:

Bro, u really need a doctor o. I wonder what's so rational about ur mind.

Hehehe, nice cop-out. Good to know ure also running like your brother slye.

Here is it again, PROVIDE US WITH MOHAMMEDS BIBLE AND LETS COMPARE AND CONTRAST or, PROVE WITH VALID REFERENCES THE BIBLE HAS BEEN EDITTED BETWEEN THE 7th CENTURY AND NOW.

Once you can't do that, mohammed had the same bible christians have now and if as italo said, he asked you to believe in the bible, you should be able to explain what you believe in and not ask christians to do it. If on another hand you don't, ure just a silly hypocrite.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by harbiola1(m): 9:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
Lordlexyy:
1. The life of God express in a man.

2.Or divinity walking in humanity.

3.Or the nature, image and righteousness of God manifest in a man that makes him a god.

Lets say u're writing an exam, which one would u've presented, all?

Lordlexyy:
You want more?

Ni kin ni cheesy
Lordlexyy:

3.Or the nature, image and righteousness of God manifest in a man that makes him a god.

Lordlexyy:
You want more?

Ni kin ni cheesy
Lordlexyy:

Lordlexyy:
You want more?

Ni kin ni cheesy
Lordlexyy:

Lordlexyy:
You want more?

Ni kin ni
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
rationalmind:

Hehehe, nice cop-out. Good to know ure also running like your brother slye.

Here is it again, PROVIDE US WITH MOHAMMEDS BIBLE AND LETS COMPARE AND CONTRAST or, PROVE WITH VALID REFERENCES THE BIBLE HAS BEEN EDITTED BETWEEN THE 7th CENTURY AND NOW.

Once you can't do that, mohammed had the same bible christians have now and if as italo said, he asked you to believe in the bible, you should be able to explain what you believe in and not ask christians to do it. If on another hand you don't, ure just a silly hypocrite.

Mr rationalmind explain to me why we had both old and new testament. i can bet it you can't find a reason as you'll end up confirming yoursef it was edited
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
slye:

Mr rationalmind explain to me why we had both old and new testament. i can bet it you can't find a reason as you'll end up confirming yoursef it was edited

What has this gotten to do with the present discourse.?

The new testament is basically the beginning of the period of grace which was brought through the death of Jesus. In the old testament, there was no grace. You f.uck up, ure punished.

I still don't see what this has to do with editing. Are you attempting to say Mohammeds bible had only the old testament or it had only the new testament.

Need I remind you, I'm not a christian.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
rationalmind:

The new testament is basically the beginning of the period of grace which was brought through the death of Jesus. In the old testament, there was no grace. You f.uck up, ure punished.

I still don't see what this has to do with editing. Are you attempting to say Mohammeds bible had only the old testament or it had only the new testament.

i don't care what you re for you've not explained to me who made the transition from old to new.Thanks
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by harbiola1(m): 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
rationalmind:

Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say "This is from God" to traffic with it for miserable price; Woe to them for what their hands do write and for the gain they make thereby (Noble quran 2:79)

Al-quran 5:72, Surely, they have disbelieved who say "Allah is the Messiah (Iesa [Jesus]) son of Mariam [mary]. "But the Messiah (Iesa) said: "O children of Isreal! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord". verily, whosoever set up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden paradise for him, and the fire will be his abode and for the Zalimon (polytheists and wrongdoers) there are no helpers.

73. Surely, disbeliever are those who said "Allah is the third of the three (In trinity), but there is no god (none who has the right to be worshiped) but one God (Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.
74. Will they not repent to Allah and ask His forgiveness? for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

75. The Messiah (Iesa [Jesus]), son of Maryam was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him, His mother (mary) was a Siddiqah (believer). They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allah does not eat). Look how we make the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs...) clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth).

Quran 3:59. Verily, the likeness of Iesa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust then (He) said to him "Be! and he was.

60. This is the truth from your Lord, so be not of those who doubt.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by italo: 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
Why cant slye and harbiola provide Mohammed's 6th century Bible and let's compare with my 21st century. Lets see if it doesn't have Old and New Testaments. Let's see if there's any difference.

Abi did Mohammed tell Muslims to believe in a book that didn't exist?

I am beginning to think the someone is a fraud. Either the one who tells people to believe a non-existent book or the one who says the Bible has been edited without providing us the original.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Nobody: 10:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
slye:
i don't care what you re for you've not explained to me who made the transition from old to new.Thanks

Now its who made the transition ure asking for. Sorry for ever replying you. Such a waste of precious time.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by frank317: 10:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
rationalmind:

these guys will drive u crazy... why dont u chill out and take a bottle of star... christians are.... but muslims angry sad embarassed cry lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
harbiola1:

Then woe to those who write the Book with their own hands and then say "This is from God" to traffic with it for miserable price; Woe to them for what their hands do write and for the gain they make thereby (Noble quran 2:79)

Al-quran 5:72, Surely, they have disbelieved who say "Allah is the Messiah (Iesa [Jesus]) son of Mariam [mary]. "But the Messiah (Iesa) said: "O children of Isreal! worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord". verily, whosoever set up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden paradise for him, and the fire will be his abode and for the Zalimon (polytheists and wrongdoers) there are no helpers.

73. Surely, disbeliever are those who said "Allah is the third of the three (In trinity), but there is no god (none who has the right to be worshiped) but one God (Allah). And if they cease not from what they say, verily, a painful torment will befall the disbelievers among them.
74. Will they not repent to Allah and ask His forgiveness? for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

75. The Messiah (Iesa [Jesus]), son of Maryam was no more than a messenger; many were the messengers that passed away before him, His mother (mary) was a Siddiqah (believer). They both used to eat food (as any other human being, while Allah does not eat). Look how we make the Ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs...) clear to them, yet look how they are deluded away (from the truth).

Quran 3:59. Verily, the likeness of Iesa (Jesus) before Allah is the likeness of Adam. He created him from dust then (He) said to him "Be! and he was.

60. This is the truth from your Lord, so be not of those who doubt.

Here is it again, show us mohammeds bible or prove to us the bible has been edited between the 7th century and now.

All what uve demonstrated above is circular reasoning. The bible has been edited because the quran says so. If I say you people are brain dead, it will appear like I'm insulting you.

Hehehehe, what amuses me is this, the quran claims to have the authentic and unadulterated story of Jesus. Yet, no single historian of credibility mentions nor seeks the quran for nuggets when studying the historical Jesus.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Nobody: 10:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
frank3.16:

these guys will drive u crazy... why dont u chill out and take a bottle of star... christians are.... but muslims angry sad embarassed cry lipsrsealed undecided

Hehehe, bro. That exactly is what annoys me. It disgusts me a lot seeing muslims pointing out errors in the bible when there are thousands(if not hundreds of thousands) of errors in their own book. If christianity is wrong, islam is even worse.

Look at their pathetic responses so far. The bible has been edited. Prove it. The quran says so.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
italo: Why cant slye and harbiola provide Mohammed's 6th century Bible and let's compare with my 21st century. Lets see if it doesn't have Old and New Testaments. Let's see if there's any difference.

I am beginning to think the someone is a fraud. Either the one who tells people to believe a non-existent book or the one who says the Bible has been edited without providing us the original.

Hehehe, are you really expecting an answer?
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by harbiola1(m): 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2013
italo:

Look at you, can you tell us the number of bible chapters in the Original manuscript? 7_ or 6_. that is where the fraud lies.

@rationalmind, u see what u've caused, somebody just called u a devil who do nothing bt to cause trouble.
And nw bro italo and his christian brothers are set to trade blows again.

Despite the fact that i don't want to be involved, u and italo just provoked me, But God knws that i'm an innocent. :' :' :'
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by italo: 10:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
^^^

What is this person smoking?
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by macof(m): 11:13pm On Nov 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: so how are you noot believing a lie?

I believe facts and rest on logical philosophies not lies
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by macof(m): 11:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
italo:

Says who?

Says God himself

Ok am just joking, God doesn't talk human language

But when did God become an author? undecided
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by macof(m): 11:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
italo:

You cant make a sensible conversation without resorting to insults.

But wat he said is so true
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by macof(m): 11:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
Lordlexyy: The life of God express in a man. Or divinity walking in humanity. Or the nature, image and righteousness of God manifest in a man that makes him a god.

Wow! Christianity is so perfect, Mens gift to Men....oh! God's gift to men

Only Christians know God
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by harbiola1(m): 7:36am On Nov 29, 2013
italo: ^^^

What is this person smoking?

Prophet Muhammed (saw) said i should believe in the bible as a word of God and He warned that it's mixed with falsedhood from man.
then how would i knw the one that i should believe, He gave Muslims the quran to filter the truth from falsehood.

So far i've told u that b4 Muhammed(saw) bible has contained the truth and the falsehood as it's nw.

Tell us the number of chapters that suppose to be in the bible and stop playing smart.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by slye(m): 7:53am On Nov 29, 2013
rationalmind:

Now its who made the transition ure asking for. Sorry for ever replying you. Such a waste of precious time.

see shy escape oo..
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 29, 2013
harbiola1:

Prophet Muhammed (saw) said i should believe in the bible as a word of God and He warned that it's mixed with falsedhood from man.
then how would i knw the one that i should believe, He gave Muslims the quran to filter the truth from falsehood.

So far i've told u that b4 Muhammed(saw) bible has contained the truth and the falsehood as it's nw.

Tell us the number of chapters that suppose to be in the bible and stop playing smart.

Lol, little wonder ibn warraq said mohammed was not an original thinker.

He simply copied parts of bible he understood in the quran and the parts he didn't understand he said it was faslehood.

Bro, something is not true simply because mohammed or the quran said so.

You can't say whatever agrees wt the quran in the bible is true and whatever does not is false. It is the same thing as saying, whatever in the quran agrees with the bible is true, whatever does not is false. Can you now see the stupi.dity of the statement?

Infact, saying the bible is the word of God but has been corrupted by men is a blasphemy to the almighty God(if there is any). How can the almighty God be so blind and stupid as to let ordinary men (his own creations) to tamper with his own word?

If God can be stupid and foolish as to let the bible be tampered with, how are we sure the quran hasn't been tampered with.

1 Like

Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 29, 2013
slye:

see shy escape oo..

No, honestly, ure a waste of time. You initially asked me why we have the new testament and the old testament.

After I answered you, you switched and asked who divided the new testament n old testament.

I don't discuss with people who can't follow a particular train of thought.
Re: Christians, come in for a dialogue by thorpido(m): 8:27am On Nov 29, 2013
harbiola1:

If Muhammed warned that the bible is mixed with falsehood,shouldn't he as a prophet he claimed have the original so he can show?
The works and psalms of David for instance are recorded.We can read it.How come a prophet cannot provide the original works and words of the 'prophet' he claims came before him?
You guys are sold to a fraud but you just don't understand.

The bible says darkness covers the earth!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Coza Portharcourt / Website To Help Jehovah Witnesses Discover Hidden Old Publications / How Old Is Mankind?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.