Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,198 members, 7,953,731 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:44 AM

Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? (20384 Views)

Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" / Demand For Padded Bras, Artificial Bums Rises / Women Are Better-Off Without Bras - Research Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by jaybee3(m): 6:04pm On Nov 27, 2013
Caracta:

Smh. Who did this to you? cry
Uj tities

Crap

Uj sizzle
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by brosdoncome(m): 6:06pm On Nov 27, 2013
amir_99: Why unA dey wear the bra sef, let them breath

I'm sure u be malo....its breathe not breath that comes out of ur goro infested mouth grin
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Caracta(f): 6:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
jay bee:
Uj tities

Crap

Uj sizzle

Ghen ghen! cheesy
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by GENTLETEE(m): 6:16pm On Nov 27, 2013
It is to be highly discourged!
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by captcochrane(m): 6:20pm On Nov 27, 2013
Caracta:

Ghen ghen! cheesy

u've been funi from d start, lol, caracta indeed

wat if ur boss enters while u set d twins free nd needs u to go somewhere immediately...........
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Caracta(f): 6:26pm On Nov 27, 2013
captcochrane:

u've been funi from d start, lol, caracta indeed

wat if ur boss enters while u set d twins free nd needs u to go somewhere immediately...........

Hey Doc, there is a reason why we wear jackets in the office. My jacket would cover up for me. Nothing spoil. cheesy
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by lobell: 6:28pm On Nov 27, 2013
Caracta:

I said you should use your hand! Or better still, let a friend help you.

Na wa o! how can you use your hand to measure your bra size? If you dont know the answer to a question simply direct the questioner to google.

I read somewhere the figures ie the 34 in 34D comes from the size around your chest under the breast and the D comes from the difference between this measurement and that around the chest that includes the breast at the fullest part of the breast while bent over and with your chest parrallel to the floor. If the difference is less than one = AA, 1 = A, 2 = B etc etc.
Keep in mind that the values you get are not sacrosanct but your size will be that give or take one size.
my two kobos worth!
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by ijbeauty(f): 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
Click on the Link below and learn wat already used bra did to dis woman, am sure u wil learn frm it..

WARNING!

VIEWERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED

http://./p1S3d9-D
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
GENTLETEE: It is to be highly discourged!
Why if I may ask? Are you after the container or the contents in the container?
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by ddddon(m): 6:46pm On Nov 27, 2013
well used bra or new bra, guys will still suck boobs.... Abi guys do u ask d status of d bra b4 sucking?
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by UjSizzle(f): 6:51pm On Nov 27, 2013
jay bee:
Uj tities

Crap

Uj sizzle
shocked

grin grin *slaps his head*
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by UjSizzle(f): 6:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
lobell:

Na wa o! how can you use your hand to measure your bra size? If you dont know the answer to a question simply direct the questioner to google.

I read somewhere the figures ie the 34 in 34D comes from the size around your chest under the breast and the D comes from the difference between this measurement and that around the chest that includes the breast at the fullest part of the breast while bent over and with your chest parrallel to the floor. If the difference is less than one = AA, 1 = A, 2 = B etc etc.
Keep in mind that the values you get are not sacrosanct but your size will be that give or take one size.
my two kobos worth!
Dayuuuum! cheesy
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by UjSizzle(f): 6:54pm On Nov 27, 2013
Caracta:

Ghen ghen! cheesy
angry
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by jaybee3(m): 6:56pm On Nov 27, 2013
uj_sizzle:
shocked

grin grin *slaps his head*
Gives her a bear hug so as to get the much needed positive energy flowing through the magnetic flux created by the metal spring embedded in her bra

shocked shocked
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by UjSizzle(f): 6:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
jay bee:
Gives her a bear hug so as to get the much needed positive energy flowing through the magnetic flux created by the metal spring embedded in her bra

shocked shocked
shocked shocked
*pinches his bum to get him off me*

Someone give me a thermometer please undecided
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
jonaji:
LOL There's no difference !! The most inportant thing is for you to buy new ones. Some may carry various diseases leading to breast cancer. Ur health first !!

Cover your head because you are embarassing your Naija people. Did you take any science courses .
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
berem: Oponu! You think its only Nigeria that patronizes fairly used clothes? Almost all countries in Africa wear or buy used clothes imported from Europe. Do you think its a Nigerian thing? Smh

I figured it had to be something related to importing clothes. I'm in the US so people here do not buy used bras and underwear. However I know that a lot of the things we give away to the charity stores are shipped to various countries. Right now I have brand new clothes that I will probably give away. I'm sure that some of it will end up on the other side of the world. There is nothing wrong with the clothes and no one is going to get any type of diseases.
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by lobell: 7:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Dayuuuum! cheesy

Wetin happen? abi wetin you see?
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Ngokafor(f): 7:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
jonaji: I am Male but anytime I go to the market, I See ladies rushing to buy Second hand bras and undies .. Please ladies what's your reason for this given it may be unhealthy. Thanks !!

..hia!...instead of you to concentrate on your salt and maggi purchase you are looking at women buying undies...

....when next you go to the market,kindly concentrate on the issue that took you there and leave the second-hand-undies-buying women alone to do their business you hia?...thank you.
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by doopsy(f): 7:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
Second hand bras are better than the new ones,they are more comfortable,stronger and usually beautiful,that's for the first graders,besides they are more expensive than the new china ones,which have iron coste that are like weapons.some give funny shapes to the oranges,for used ones,bras should be soaked in hot water, detergent and dettol.

I have so many times removed my bra in school ,when it aint comfy no more, grin,person no fit suffocate joor....
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Reference(m): 7:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
jonaji:
LOL There's no difference !! The most inportant thing is for you to buy new ones. Some may carry various diseases leading to breast cancer. Ur health first !!

"Various diseases leading to breast cancer". What is this supposed to mean. People just say anything that sounds right to them.
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 27, 2013
FlowerPower:

I figured it had to be something related to importing clothes. I'm in the US so people here do not buy used bras and underwear. However I know that a lot of the things we give away to the charity stores are shipped to various countries. Right now I have brand new clothes that I will probably give away. I'm sure that some of it will end up on the other side of the world. There is nothing wrong with the clothes and no one is going to get any type of diseases.
80 percent of Okrika clothes and inner wears are shipped in from Europe. I don't know much about US. I have a friend in US who buys clothes for me and bra/panties but I tell you they are of inferior quality. Maybe she buys cheap and low quality stuffs for me. She even told me quality clothes and underwears can only be gotten in Europe. I don't know if she's telling me the truth anyway.
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
doopsy: Second hand bras are better than the new ones,they are more comfortable,stronger and usually beautiful,that's for the first graders,besides they are more expensive than the new china ones,which have iron coste that are like weapons.some give funny shapes to the oranges,for used ones,bras should be soaked in hot water, detergent and dettol.

I have so many times removed my bra in school ,when it aint comfy no more, grin,person no fit suffocate joor....
am also guilty of that when I was in school years back. The iron in the bras can be so uncomfortable that I had to remove them and wear my bra like that. Sometimes the iron comes out from the bra and injure my bare boobs and can cause serious pains. embarassed embarassed
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Reference(m): 7:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
From a personal care perspective there's nothing your typical bleach cannot do. It will kill 99% of any germs and bugs present. Psychology is another thing. Your pocket will have to handle that.
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by tshakes(m): 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
jimi phunmmy: Apart from being durable....2nd hand bras are more comfortable....new bras' string usually pains...weneva u are buying,make sure get 1st grade ones and cancer is nt spread through d usage of second hand bras

u wont mind me buyin u one?
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 27, 2013
uj_sizzle:
By putting it inside an actual cup grin
Bloody hell grin
I thought u use tape to measure the size
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Nobody: 8:00pm On Nov 27, 2013
^ ^ ~

Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by 4reigningqueen: 8:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
What a boobish topic!
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
berem: 80 percent of Okrika clothes and inner wears are shipped in from Europe. I don't know much about US. I have a friend in US who buys clothes for me and bra/panties but I tell you they are of inferior quality. Maybe she buys cheap and low quality stuffs for me. She even told me quality clothes and underwears can only be gotten in Europe. I don't know if she's telling me the truth anyway.
Really? Most of the department stores I know of sell decent bras.

doopsy: Second hand bras are better than the new ones,they are more comfortable,stronger and usually beautiful,that's for the first graders,besides they are more expensive than the new china ones,which have iron coste that are like weapons.some give funny shapes to the oranges,for used ones,bras should be soaked in hot water, detergent and dettol.

Lool!!! Tell me about it, I do it sometimes too. Whenever I feel excessive pressure, I quickly locate the nearest restroom and take that nonsense off. That moment after you take it off though, indescribable moment...you just feel so relieved, it's crazy. grin grin
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by abdulkayus(m): 8:25pm On Nov 27, 2013
So berem, uj sizzle, et al, all of una na second bra una dey use. Na wa oooo. Una fall my hand. Upon una formin.
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by adexsimply(m): 8:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
lobell:

my two kobos worth!
Tenks vewi mush!! smiley smiley
Gawd Bless u..I'm vewi gwateful cool cool cheesy cheesy
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by uboma(m): 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
gal10: The reason for me is durability especially the high grade ones. I used some for over 4 years through out university until I just decided to change all. And then sometimes its cheaper: buying them esp d high grade than buying the brand new ones! Eg marks& spencer new for 4k and second hand for 1,500. As for the cleanliness: I used to soak them all in very hot water and strong detergent and sundry them for long!

I admire you for your sincerity. Some of the ladies here condemning the use of second hand bras actually purchase and use them privately. If you must use them, please sterilize them like you have been doing.

Cheers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hair Booster / Davies Blaze: Mr Ideal Nigeria 2019 Contestant Needs Nairalanders' Vote / National Assembly Proposes To Criminalise Cross-Dressing In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.