Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,860 members, 7,817,542 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? - Fashion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? (20006 Views)

Bras Actually Make Breasts "Saggier" / Demand For Padded Bras, Artificial Bums Rises / Women Are Better-Off Without Bras - Research Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by simpleseyi: 8:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
uj_sizzle:
52! grin

Impossible! You cannot be 52. Even Corsy Ojiakor cannot be more than 44DD. Dont claim what you can't prove.
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
simpleseyi:

Impossible! You cannot be 52. Even Corsy Ojiakor cannot be more than 44DD. Dont claim what you can't prove.
It's obvious she was being sarcastic.
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
abdulkayus: So berem, uj sizzle, et al, all of una na second bra una dey use. Na wa oooo. Una fall my hand. Upon una formin.
what is wrong with wearing second hand bra? Na we dey use am, na we sabi how e dey be for our body. There's nothing like forming here. My mum and other women I know wear second hand bra. Do me a favour and ask your mum if she wears second hand bra or not. Its nothing unusual. Na you dey see am as bad thing. cool
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by niceeric(m): 8:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
grin
Lilimax: grin grin
They will even tell you that it last longer than the new ones undecided.

Often times I don't blame folks because we don't manufacture any in the country.
Most of the bra's from China does not last long as it slacks very fast (no standard- blame SON sad)?

The few that comes from Europe and the US are far beyond their reach.
Whichever way, babes must wear bra smiley

But ma'am,are u sure that the weight of the natural somethings isn't the cause of d Chinese bras losing their elasticity?because u know,from Physics we were told that gravity acts downward on weight and in turn stretches d elasticity of a beam balance's springs...#justsaying grin
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by niceeric(m): 8:59pm On Nov 27, 2013
doopsy: Second hand bras are better than the new ones,they are more comfortable,stronger and usually beautiful,that's for the first graders,besides they are more expensive than the new china ones,which have iron coste that are like weapons.some give funny shapes to the oranges,for used ones,bras should be soaked in hot water, detergent and dettol.

I have so many times removed my bra in school ,when it aint comfy no more, grin,person no fit suffocate joor....
*nods head*Now this is someone who is largely experienced in this line of business
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by adexsimply(m): 9:05pm On Nov 27, 2013
niceeric: grin
But ma'am,are u sure that the weight of the natural somethings isn't the cause of d Chinese bras losing their elasticity?because u know,from Physics we were told that gravity acts downward on weight and in turn stretches d elasticity of a beam balance's springs...#justsaying grin

niceeric:
*nods head*Now this is someone who is largely experienced in this line of business
grin grin grin
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by lobell: 9:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
adexsimply:
Tenks vewi mush!! smiley smiley
Gawd Bless u..I'm vewi gwateful cool cool cheesy cheesy

welcome
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by kola1830: 9:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
Click like, if u enjoy da feeling!

Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by NAJALYN: 9:18pm On Nov 27, 2013
It is certainly not wise to use 2nd-hand bras, undies, and even clothes, as it could lead to health problems. However the economy has not helped matters, and so people use them. But please go for only clothes, wash, and pray into them before use.
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
kola1830: Click like, if u enjoy da feeling!
LOL grin grin
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by UjSizzle(f): 9:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
CFCfan:
Bloody hell grin
I thought u use tape to measure the size
Nope. Cups, bowls or whatever physical concave-like object it will fit.
Then you take the item to the market and they measure each bra cup againat it. Whichever fits like a glove is obviously your boob size cheesy
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 27, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Nope. Cups, bowls or whatever physical concave-like object it will fit.
Then you take the item to the market and they measure each bra cup againat it. Whichever fits like a glove is obviously your boob size cheesy
Wow! Thanks for the lesson cool
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
Caracta:

Better than inferior and non-durable boyfriends and husbands.
you're on point!

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by UjSizzle(f): 9:40pm On Nov 27, 2013
abdulkayus: So berem, uj sizzle, et al, all of una na second bra una dey use. Na wa oooo. Una fall my hand. Upon una formin.
No be crime na. If i wear cloth with that sexy lil number cupping my milkshakes, you'll prolly mope and fall into a manhole without wondering where it came from cheesy
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by UjSizzle(f): 9:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
CFCfan:
Wow! Thanks for the lesson cool
You're welcome! smiley
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by dollydolly(f): 9:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
I prefer d first grade already used bras to the new ones. The new ones can b so uncomfy not to talk more of the strings that hurts so much n causes scars. I used to stick only to d new ones wen I was younger bt now I know beta. Just make sure u sterilise them dats all it takes.
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by jaybee3(m): 9:45pm On Nov 27, 2013
New ones sure ain't cheap

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/black-white-and-nude-bras/

http://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/shop-all-bras-c

If you earn less than 100k per month, you sure don't have any business spending >10% of your wages on a single bra

Chei, it does cost money to look good oh
I need to start appreciating our sistas
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Sagytarius(m): 9:50pm On Nov 27, 2013
stefikal:

lwkmdgringringrin not always oooooo
Always. If I'm wrong, show me the size of the objects behind your bra.
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by doopsy(f): 10:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
berem: am also guilty of that when I was in school years back. The iron in the bras can be so uncomfortable that I had to remove them and wear my bra like that. Sometimes the iron comes out from the bra and injure my bare boobs and can cause serious pains. embarassed embarassed

Loool,that feeling when you remove a stressful bra is priceless.....phewww grin
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by dazzysleek(f): 10:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
It might b costly...yes,buh it has beta quality n durability mo dan d said already made or nu ones...for d health issue,jik n detergent ll kill any available bacteria b4 use
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Caracta(f): 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2013
jay bee: New ones sure ain't cheap

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie/black-white-and-nude-bras/

http://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/shop-all-bras-c

If you earn less than 100k per month, you sure don't have any business spending >10% of your wages on a single bra

Chei, it does cost money to look good oh
I need to start appreciating our sistas

You see! Don't mind these chewing-gum boys that don't want to understand.
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by anitank(f): 10:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
I have used both and I can tell..... second hand bras of good quality are far much better, durable and beautiful than the new ones. They are more expensive too.

New bras give the b(oo)bs very funny looking pointed shapes and the strings hurt as hell. Then again, new bras of super high qualities cost as much as 6-15k. Why would I want to spend that on a lingerie na
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by mimicue(f): 10:47pm On Nov 27, 2013
Its because they can't afford to buy the new ones.. Like Victoria secret...m&p n co..which usually fall in the range of at least 6k up wards for a pair and the so called China bras are not form and usually not of good quality and not good at all..
Only d ladies with small boobs could take d risk of buying China bra..because when a busty person buys it it won't hold her boobs well or may not have their size and they have no choice than to buy second hand bras..and d ones who can afford d quality ones go for d new bras..
Although 2nd hand bras I don't support it because different things could be got if not properly washed n all...but what can they do wwhen they can't buy a Victoria secret bra of 15k.... As for d panties its an hell NO..used pant that's sick

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by ifebosco: 10:52pm On Nov 27, 2013
gal10: The reason for me is durability especially the high grade ones. I used some for over 4 years through out university until I just decided to change all. And then sometimes its cheaper: buying them esp d high grade than buying the brand new ones! Eg marks& spencer new for 4k and second hand for 1,500. As for the cleanliness: I used to soak them all in very hot water and strong detergent and sundry them for long!
sick mentality,
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Lucasbalo(m): 1:12am On Nov 28, 2013
Yuk. No wonder my female cousins always ask me and my sister to bring bras and under wears for them when coming to Lastgidi . Hopefully, the economic condition in Nigeria will change so that no one should be buying used clothing items especially private ones like bra and underwear.

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by jonaji(m): 6:01am On Nov 28, 2013
Ladies beware !!! Don't be deceived into buying Used bras and panties without proper sterilisation and washing !!! See the devastating results of using them in the link below !! Viewer discretion is advised !!!

http://jawbreaker88./2011/09/26/wash-before-wearing/
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by kolamilan(m): 6:15am On Nov 28, 2013
jimi phunmmy: Apart from being durable....2nd hand bras are more comfortable....new bras' string usually pains...weneva u are buying,make sure get 1st grade ones and cancer is nt spread through d usage of second hand bras
can you proof it.
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Sunbellar: 7:04am On Nov 28, 2013
Caracta:

You see! Don't mind these chewing-gum boys that don't want to understand.

Lol. Chewing gum boys. How do they look?
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Sunbellar: 7:08am On Nov 28, 2013
mimicue: Its because they can't afford to buy the new ones.. Like Victoria secret...m&p n co..which usually fall in the range of at least 6k up wards for a pair and the so called China bras are not form and usually not of good quality and not good at all..
Only d ladies with small boobs could take d risk of buying China bra..because when a busty person buys it it won't hold her boobs well or may not have their size and they have no choice than to buy second hand bras..and d ones who can afford d quality ones go for d new bras..
Although 2nd hand bras I don't support it because different things could be got if not properly washed n all...but what can they do wwhen they can't buy a Victoria secret bra of 15k.... As for d panties its an hell NO..used pant that's sick
When rich ladies talk, others watch. But make sure you 're not forming.
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by Lilimax(f): 8:28am On Nov 28, 2013
niceeric: grin
Not at all cheesy
My natural somethng is moderate.I wear size 34 angry

1 Like

Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by anitank(f): 9:29am On Nov 28, 2013
Sunbellar:
When rich ladies talk, others watch. But make sure you 're not forming.
No be social media we dey? undecided
Re: Should Ladies Buy Second-Hand Bras ? by fidatt(f): 9:53am On Nov 28, 2013
It is not good to buy used bra and pant.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Davies Blaze: Mr Ideal Nigeria 2019 Contestant Needs Nairalanders' Vote / Latest Chiffon Gown Styles For Ladies In 2022 / Evans Oaikhena Wins Extreme Hair Competition At 2021 Africa Hair Summit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.