Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

If Programming Languages Were Cars - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / If Programming Languages Were Cars (2099 Views)

If Programming Languages Were Religions... / If Programming Languages Were Countries. / If Programming Languages Were Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Programming Languages Were Cars by umar745(m): 5:14pm On Nov 27, 2013
Assembly Language is a bare engine, you have to build the car yourself and manually supply it with gas while it's running, but if you're careful it can go like a bat out of hell.

Basic is a simple car useful for short drives to the local shops. Once popular with learner drivers, it has recently been stripped down to a shell and rebuilt by a major manufacturer, The new version has been refurbished for longer journeys, leaving only cosmetic similarities to the original model.

C is a racing car that goes incredibly fast but breaks down every fifty miles.

Cobol is reputed to be a car, but no self-respecting driver will ever admit having driven one.

C# is a competing model of family station wagons. Once you use this, you're never allowed to use the competitors' products again.

C++ is a souped-up version of the C racing car with dozens of extra features that only breaks down every 250 miles, but when it does, nobody can figure out what went wrong.

Fortran is a pretty primitive car; it'll go very quickly as long as you are only going along roads that are perfectly straight. It is believed that learning to drive a Fortran car makes it impossible to learn to drive any other model.

Java is a family station wagon. It's easy to drive, it's not too fast, and you can't hurt yourself.

Lisp looks like a car, but with enough tweaking you can turn it into a pretty effective airplane or submarine.
At first it doesn't seem to be a car at all, but now and then you spot a few people driving it around. After a point you decide to learn more about it and you realize it's actually a car that can make more cars. You tell your friends, but they all laugh and say these cars look way too weird. You still keep one in your garage, hoping one day they will take over the streets.

Perl is supposed to be a pretty cool car, but the driver's manual is incomprehensible. Also, even if you can figure out how to drive a Perl car, you won't be able to drive anyone else's.

PHP is the Oscar Mayer Wiener mobile, it's bizarre and hard to handle but everybody still wants to drive it.

Python is a great beginner's car; you can drive it without a license. Unless you want to drive really fast or on really treacherous terrain, you may never need another car.

Ruby is a car that was formed when the Perl and Python cars were involved in a two-way collision. A Japanese mechanic found the pieces and put together a car which many drivers think is better than the sum of the parts. Other drivers, however, grumble that a lot of the controls of the Ruby car have been duplicated or tri-plicated, with some of the duplicate controls doing slightly different things in odd circumstances, making the car harder to drive than it ought to be. A redesign is rumored to be in the works.

Visual Basic is a car that drives you.

So what car or cars do you own?

1 Like

Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by cbrass(m): 5:38pm On Nov 27, 2013
umar745: Assembly Language is a bare engine, you have to build the car yourself and manually supply it with gas while it's running, but if you're careful it can go like a bat out of hell.

Basic is a simple car useful for short drives to the local shops. Once popular with learner drivers, it has recently been stripped down to a shell and rebuilt by a major manufacturer, The new version has been refurbished for longer journeys, leaving only cosmetic similarities to the original model.

Cobol is reputed to be a car, but no self-respecting driver will ever admit having driven one.

C# is a competing model of family station wagons. Once you use this, you're never allowed to use the competitors' products again.

C++ is a souped-up version of the C racing car with dozens of extra features that only breaks down every 250 miles, but when it does, nobody can figure out what went wrong.

Fortran is a pretty primitive car; it'll go very quickly as long as you are only going along roads that are perfectly straight. It is believed that learning to drive a Fortran car makes it impossible to learn to drive any other model.

Java is a family station wagon. It's easy to drive, it's not too fast, and you can't hurt yourself.

Lisp looks like a car, but with enough tweaking you can turn it into a pretty effective airplane or submarine.
At first it doesn't seem to be a car at all, but now and then you spot a few people driving it around. After a point you decide to learn more about it and you realize it's actually a car that can make more cars. You tell your friends, but they all laugh and say these cars look way too weird. You still keep one in your garage, hoping one day they will take over the streets.

Perl is supposed to be a pretty cool car, but the driver's manual is incomprehensible. Also, even if you can figure out how to drive a Perl car, you won't be able to drive anyone else's.

PHP is the Oscar Mayer Wiener mobile, it's bizarre and hard to handle but everybody still wants to drive it.

Python is a great beginner's car; you can drive it without a license. Unless you want to drive really fast or on really treacherous terrain, you may never need another car.

Ruby is a car that was formed when the Perl and Python cars were involved in a two-way collision. A Japanese mechanic found the pieces and put together a car which many drivers think is better than the sum of the parts. Other drivers, however, grumble that a lot of the controls of the Ruby car have been duplicated or tri-plicated, with some of the duplicate controls doing slightly different things in odd circumstances, making the car harder to drive than it ought to be. A redesign is rumored to be in the works.

WhAt a wonder write-up soo nice. Anyway as for me I drive the PHP CAR am just too full of it and wish to drive another but its difficult to open the car door grin
umar745: Assembly Language is a bare engine, you have to build the car yourself and manually supply it with gas while it's running, but if you're careful it can go like a bat out of hell.

WhAt a wonder write-up soo nice. Anyway as for me I drive the PHP CAR am just too full of it and wish to drive another but its difficult to open the car door
Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by theguvnor: 7:49pm On Nov 27, 2013
Oscar mayer weiner mobile. Whatever the hell that is
Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by okeyxyz(m): 7:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
the guvnor: Oscar mayer weiner mobile. Whatever the hell that is

+10 grin grin
Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by Olyboy16(m): 2:50am On Dec 02, 2013

lovely.... I drive a php car, bt to me it seems to be very fast and efficient but cannot work in hot weathers.
Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by umar745(m): 7:56am On Dec 02, 2013
Olyboy16:

lovely.... I drive a php car, bt to me it seems to be very fast and efficient but cannot work in hot weathers.
LoL! You probably should drive around with a bag of pure water
Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by cbrass(m): 11:52am On Dec 02, 2013
grin
umar745: LoL! You probably should drive around with a bag of pure water
Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by Nobody: 8:27am On Dec 03, 2013
java noni o.
Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by Olyboy16(m): 10:23am On Dec 03, 2013
umar745: LoL! You probably should drive around with a bag of pure water

lol...lol
Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by cbrass(m): 11:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
engrjidex: java noni o.

How do you guys learn that language sef, the thin looks like kewu for my eyes
Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 04, 2013
cbrass:

How do you guys learn that language sef, the thin looks like kewu for my eyes

Na Determination Tinz.
Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by cbrass(m): 10:04am On Dec 04, 2013
engrjidex:

Na Determination Tinz.

Ok o..I will start the training soon sha
Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by henrysure: 4:05pm On Dec 05, 2013
java would be bugatti and c++ would be lamborghini.
Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by OPEYEMIAD(m): 3:03pm On Dec 11, 2013
Am afraid I don't want to leave BASIC if I want to do something in java I must first write it in BASIC form.

Please where can I learn programming in abuja?
Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by umar745(m): 7:08pm On Dec 11, 2013
OPEYEMI AD: Am afraid I don't want to leave BASIC if I want to do something in java I must first write it in BASIC form.

Please where can I learn programming in abuja?
download tutorials from youtube na
Re: If Programming Languages Were Cars by Dannywoka(m): 12:00pm On Dec 13, 2013
What's about Objective-c and Node.js? grin

(1) (Reply)

SMS Gateway For Implementing OTP / I Need A Good Programming Tutor/mentor / Remote Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.