Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,174 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 PM

A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! (19594 Views)

Making Money Online - The Job Of The Future? / CBN Raises Cash Limit To N500k For Individuals & N3m For Corporate Bodies / Please, I Need A Loan Of N3m For My Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Acidosis(m): 7:10am On Nov 28, 2013
uanda: Please take the N75,000 monthly.
With good attitude and dedication, promotions will come within 3 months it may be increased to 100,000 and up ti goes.

Just know that the 3 million will not last more than 6 months in your hands. If need to go into a good business, you will need more than 3million.

My opinion

"Everybody" is not a dunce.. grin Dangote started with N500,000.

Besides, who told you, one can't start a good business with N3million?

I'm surprised you also want to promote yourself in 3months in a company you contributed nothing to build.. lol

Even in government work, some officers and civil servants have been begging for promotion for 8yrs

1 Like

Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Rejoice5000(f): 7:13am On Nov 28, 2013
Lie lie @post
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by apheyz(m): 7:20am On Nov 28, 2013
chymystique: Take the 3million... And kip searching for anoda job!.. Goodluck!
walai e go better for you
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 28, 2013
Danhumprey: I would go with #75k per month,provided there would be job security. If you chose #3million,it would be exhausted in no time,unless you invest it. But I would rather go for 75k per months. It would suffice me. It's dangerous to be keeping a large sum of money with you.
what happened to buying shares?
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by buzodyke: 7:23am On Nov 28, 2013
abeg who dey giv d option make I apply angry grin
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by seangy4konji: 7:33am On Nov 28, 2013
see question...MILLA u still deh here asking me?I don start my beer business loju pali as in warehouse....
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:35am On Nov 28, 2013
The OP may regret taking the 3m....all dis people running mouth in d name of business have NO IDEA how small 3million is in busineSs...obviously d op is not an entrepreneur from d question but a destined civil servant....trust me when I say that...3million will diffuse off like smoke when d same guy will come here asking us what phone should he buy btw galaxy and tecno....better collect ur 75k jeje and stop deceiving ur self mr man
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 28, 2013
alfredo4u: I was offered 3million without paying back and at the same time a job of 75k with a company.

I'm asked to chose one.

Pals, if u are in my shoes what will you do?

Candid advise needed pls. No insults
go for the 3m.but first thing first,do you have a girlfrnd?if yes,does she collects money from you,if yes,as a guy that wants a better future for my fellow,i would advice you to space urself from her,infact u should stay away 4rm girlz for now in other to concentrate well and invest well.
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:38am On Nov 28, 2013
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:39am On Nov 28, 2013
Dangote started with 500,000 in 1975 that's equivalent to 5,000,000,000 today...its not capital that determines a good business but personality
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by basty: 7:40am On Nov 28, 2013
naijacutee: The way I see it, you will need to save 50% of your N75,000-a-month salary for 80months (6 years and 6 months) to be able to save up to N3million. Before you you get that N3million in bulk to do what you need to do. In that time, you might be stuck in that job.

On the other hand, you could take the N3m now and do what you need to do with it. If it fails, you can get a job in less than the 6 years, 6 months it would have otherwise taken you to save the same amount of money.

I think you should take the N3 million and invest it. I see no compelling reason to take the job.

You reason like an Accountant, considering time value of money, it is wiser to go for the 3m
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 28, 2013
Magic Bishop:

load of rubbish.

First you would have asked if the job is professionally inclined and if OP had the prerequisite education/training experience to follow that career path. Then you should have proceeded to consider if OP will get the necessary job satisfaction. Getting paid does not guarantee job satisfaction. Thirdly. I want to believe that OP is a graduate of some sort and the job is for entry level in the civil service where he will end up warming a chair as the case is with 80% of employers in government jobs.

OP would do much better if he takes the offer of 3 million and set up a small business. I want to believe he is young and the offer is coming from a relative, if the venture fails he can start looking for another job without daddy's or uncle's help.

While we're all "wanting to believe" something, I want to believe you don't know what you're talking about. All those presumptions can be clarified by the OP. Did YOU ask if the job was "professionally inclined" and if he had prerequisite training before you dismissed the opportunity? I pointed out that IF (if....if..IF. it means: on the condition that, provided that, given that......) he wanted to build a career in that field (what ever it is and best known to the OP) he might consider the break a stepping stone. Job satisfaction is a function of his affinity for his career. I talked about security not job satisfaction: a steady job gets you a steady income.

That he's getting the offer from a relative doesn't mean he should not make the better decision. I can't decide from here what the better decision for him is (and neither can you) that's way I think he needs to consider all the pros AND cons, and I do not want to believe that's a load of rubbish!

You might be the quintessential dare devil and I might err on the side of cation a little more than you approve of, but we can't presume to know the OP's inclinations. So Instead of flaunting your unsubstantiated knack for business, you might want to give the OP a few investment ideas for the 3M to demonstrate how he would potentIally become the next Dangote. Maybe that could help him in making an informed decision.

1 Like

Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Nobody: 7:42am On Nov 28, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: The OP may regret taking the 3m....all dis people running mouth in d name of business have NO IDEA how small 3million is in busineSs...obviously d op is not an entrepreneur from d question but a destined civil servant....trust me when I say that...3million will diffuse off like smoke when d same guy will come here asking us what phone should he buy btw galaxy and tecno....better collect ur 75k jeje and stop deceiving ur self mr man
sha thats another thing,it really depends on the person,because a normal business minded person would not av even asked such question the op asked,as an economist i av no business in the civil service,watin wan carry me go civil service na?
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Gabrielsylar(m): 7:43am On Nov 28, 2013
For u to come to nairaland and be saying “advise me but NO INSULTS please means that the OP CAN'T run a business based on poor temperament...HE CANTT
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by BloggingIq: 7:43am On Nov 28, 2013
Acidosis:

"Everybody" is not a dunce.. grin Dangote started with N500,000.

Besides, who told you, one can't start a good business with N3million?

who said Dangote started biz with just 500k?
thats not so, he had his own capital too to add to the 500k
and most important in business, he has loads of hand on experience that was worth more
combine that with his business connections, then you see that capital alone gets you nowhere
Dangote had experience + concept + connection = massive profits

give someone 50m without these, success rate is probably below 5%
unless the fellow is a fuking lucky chap
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Kdamilola(m): 7:46am On Nov 28, 2013
As per calculation, earning #75,000 per month amounts to #900,000 in a year. D #3,000,000 could av yielded a profit closer or equal to that amount in a year!
A word they say is enough for the wise.
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by KolaShangOne(m): 7:50am On Nov 28, 2013
3million is the wisest choice..
i bet you cant save 3million from your 75,000 job in 4years.
Besides when u av 3m, you have the propensity to be an employer of labour. @kolashangone on twitter
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 28, 2013
This is crazy...when has 75k become a good salary to then opt out for an instant 3M.?
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Olabisikind: 7:52am On Nov 28, 2013
3m and nothimg therrafter...i would rather go for 700k monthly. the continuity lasan! is enough. lobatan!
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by MagicBishop: 7:54am On Nov 28, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

So Instead of flaunting your unsubstantiated knack for business, you might want to give the OP a few investment ideas for the 3M to demonstrate how he would potentIally become the next Dangote. Maybe that could help him in making an informed decision.

OP should buy a man-cage and go on tour with you under the show tittle : "Meet The Dumbest Human".
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by BloggingIq: 7:57am On Nov 28, 2013
Olabisikind: 3m and nothimg therrafter...i would rather go for 700k monthly. the continuity lasan! is enough. lobatan!

not 700,000k
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by chymystique(f): 8:00am On Nov 28, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: The OP may regret taking the 3m....all dis people running mouth in d name of business have NO IDEA how small 3million is in busineSs...obviously d op is not an entrepreneur from d question but a destined civil servant....trust me when I say that...3million will diffuse off like smoke when d same guy will come here asking us what phone should he buy btw galaxy and tecno....better collect ur 75k jeje and stop deceiving ur self mr man

Dts y I suggested as he collects d 3million he shld kip searchin for anoda job.. Dude thr is no tym.. Money @ hand is better dan not havin any @ all esp wen u r nt sure of the kinda job security where u r gonna b paid 75k.. IMO
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Olabisikind: 8:00am On Nov 28, 2013
Olabisikind: 3m and nothimg therrafter...i would rather go for 700k monthly. the continuity lasan! is enough. lobatan!
oh sorry! my eyes were seeing double. thought i saw 700k nt knowing it was 75
k. i am mad? 3m straight without a 2nd tot..... kappish!
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Skullomania(m): 8:05am On Nov 28, 2013
lots of people here making noises or giving advices do not know Jack shit on d laws of making money. Most are advising u take d 3M, invest wisely/start a business, b ur own boss, blah blah blah. Wot drove u to ask NL is cos u don't know wot u really want to do, either to b an employee or an entrepreneur. U need to first of all identify ur strength and weakness. @present u might say u want to invest or go into business but truth is, u only have a vague idea of wot u r going into. Someone who knows wot he wants to do with money do not seek general advice from d public but specialized advice from experts in d business he wants to go into or d investment.
3M is a small amount of money while 75K is a large sum depending from ur view point.
So my advice: if u r not 80% sure of wot business or investment u can do with 3M, better opt for d 75K so with time u can educate urself on business and investment and it's then u know wot u can do with large sum of cash and better still know ow to source for it since it won't b on a platter of gold.
NB: money is only d bye product of a good idea

1 Like

Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Spencer63(m): 8:10am On Nov 28, 2013
am sorry if am commenting late.... but please....
who dash u 3million naira?!!!
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by abbeysteph: 8:17am On Nov 28, 2013
3million 4 d setting up of a sachet water factory n kip hustling til I can get anoda job.
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by ena443: 8:17am On Nov 28, 2013
It must be really tough for you. However, there are a lot of things one needs to consider when faced with this kinda situation as in, what is the job offer like? Do u think you can be productive in the job given time? Do you think you will get promoted if you are really dedicated and loyal to your boss? On the other hand the 3million, very appealing. Somebody commented that it will take you well over 6yrs to save that kinda money i.e if you are even frugal enough. My recommendation is, if you think you have the skills to compete in the labour market then I think you should take the money and invest it and try to get another job. Moreover you might just get another job that might pay you higher. Goodluck bro!
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Kulas: 8:19am On Nov 28, 2013
Do dis poster suppose ask dis question? Or just seeking attention?
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by rman: 8:20am On Nov 28, 2013
Danhumprey: I would go with #75k per month,provided there would be job security. If you chose #3million,it would be exhausted in no time,unless you invest it. But I would rather go for 75k per months. It would suffice me. It's dangerous to be keeping a large sum of money with you.

Pls, how old are you?

When did 3M become large sum? Your statement will only be appropriate if it is coming from a JSS student.

Your reasons for choosing 75K option is so childish it is unbelievable.
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by toskut(m): 8:24am On Nov 28, 2013
alfredo4u: I was offered 3million without paying back and at the same time a job of 75k with a company.

I'm asked to chose one.

Pals, if u are in my shoes what will you do?

Candid advise needed pls. No insults

If you know you can do business and have good ideas, take the 3M but if you feel otherwise, kindly opt for the job especially if there is a career path
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Nobody: 8:36am On Nov 28, 2013
Skullomania: lots of people here making noises or giving advices do not know Jack shit on d laws of making money. Most are advising u take d 3M, invest wisely/start a business, b ur own boss, blah blah blah. Wot drove u to ask NL is cos u don't know wot u really want to do, either to b an employee or an entrepreneur. U need to first of all identify ur strength and weakness. @present u might say u want to invest or go into business but truth is, u only have a vague idea of wot u r going into. Someone who knows wot he wants to do with money do not seek general advice from d public but specialized advice from experts in d business he wants to go into or d investment.
3M is a small amount of money while 75K is a large sum depending from ur view point.
So my advice: if u r not 80% sure of wot business or investment u can do with 3M, better opt for d 75K so with time u can educate urself on business and investment and it's then u know wot u can do with large sum of cash and better still know ow to source for it since it won't b on a platter of gold.
NB: money is only d bye product of a good idea
sure,that's why Robert Kiyosaki said "wealth was a way of thinking and not a dollar amount in the bank".pls op if u dnt av any idea on investment and u are not sure of urself on how to handle 3m naira,you need to think twice b4 making ur final decision.
Re: A Gift Of N3M Or A Job Of N75,000 Per Month: Chose One! by Fabulous36(f): 8:40am On Nov 28, 2013
chucky234: You can never build an empire by being an employee with a 75k a month job (Just Over Border) ,only employers do and thats why world's richest men are employers and not employees.
Take the N3m and horn your enterpreneural skills,invest wisely and become the next employer.
I disagree with you that employees do not build empires, in Nigeria employees do. All those politicians buildings mansions in Nigeria and abroad are they employers? they are fucking employees. I know of people not earning up to 200k with lovely mansions in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soap Making In Nigeria / PHCN Estimated Billing Is Closing Down So Many Small Bussinesses / The Craziest Things Money Can Buy In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.