Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba (23993 Views)

ISIS Vows To Destroy Mecca’s Kaaba, “kill Those Who Worship Stones / Muhammed Imagined That Abraham Built The Kaaba! / The Truth Behind Muslims Facing The Kaaba For Prayers Every Day! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by DMainMan: 8:56pm On Dec 03, 2013
Nyc 1 tbaba
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by tbaba1234: 8:58pm On Dec 03, 2013
Newsi: But you said exact replica.

Well, the kaaba has undergone many renovations over the years.
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by pmc01(m): 8:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
LagosShia:

fine not pictures,but their names.my question still stands.isnt it "shirk"? even on the kiswa,the name of the Saudi king appears.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VO9vFWvc6E

they should have all been equally mentioned rather than projecting only one instance of a deviant group, because that deviant group is an offshoot of an offshoot of the "other side of the divide" you like to paint with your dark brush.

there is nothing Sunni-Shia.you are trying to turn it like that, so that you can run to click on the report button to silence any voice that differs with yours.you are good at doing that because you don't tolerate the views of others, and ignorance is bliss as some people think.i wont go into the issue of Hisham Ibn Hizam and where he was born so I don't make your allegation appear true.i'd leave that for you to do research on it or for another thread.nonetheless,such details should still have been mentioned,regardless whether it was one or two persons born in the Ka'ba, or who was born in it first.i am purely basing my points about the Ka'ba.there is no issue of sunni or shia.i didn't even use those words.i only focused on the topic,yet you tried to drift and take my points on a subject I didn't raise.

Guy, abeg carry this your trash somewhere else and stop acting like a Munafiq.

Even a slowpoke knows what rubbish you are driving at.

It is your choice if you want to die on that Shia crap you practise, don't try fooling us with playing the victim act.

1 Like

Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by Paschal007: 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
Read there was a time the shrine was taken over by terrorists. It took the intervention of French forces to save the day. I don't know if that's true.

Quite historic fa. grin
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 03, 2013
@tbaba what is the black stone, it's history and why is it in the kaaba.
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by tbaba1234: 9:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
Obiagelli: @tbaba what is the black stone, it's history and why is it in the kaaba.

It is not in the kaaba, It is outside it, a meteorite used as a stone on one of it's corners.

We do not give any divine attribute to it.

Umar ibn Al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) is reported to have said: “You are just a stone that does not benefit or harm anyone, and if I had not seen the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) kissing you, I would have not done so." (bukhari)

2 Likes

Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
tbaba1234:

It is not in the kaaba, It is outside it, a meteorite used as a stone on one of it's corners.
oh, I didn't know that. I guess it's of no significance, but why did they have to fight for it in time past.
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by tbaba1234: 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2013
Obiagelli:
oh, I didn't know that. I guess it's of no significance, but why did they have to fight for it in time past.

It was once taken away once by an sect from bahrain for 70 years, it did not stop prayers. It is a marker for the tawaaf not an object of worship.
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 03, 2013
tbaba1234:

It was once taken away once by an sect from bahrain for 70 years, it did not stop prayers. It is a marker for the tawaaf not an object of worship.
thanks for taking time to explain, God bless you
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by tbaba1234: 9:24pm On Dec 03, 2013
Obiagelli:
thanks for taking time to explain, God bless you

you too!!
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by khameed(f): 9:28pm On Dec 03, 2013
rly educative, nw i knw mor abt my religion.i luv Islam.
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by trenchcoat: 9:29pm On Dec 03, 2013
Jazakallahu Khairan, nice one please do ignore the ignoramus that are trying to make a jest of Islam,it is best to keep quiet and pass the good message and knowledge, if they cannot read and understand let them go and die. [size=8pt][/size]
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by jumzzy448: 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
Jazakullahu khairan.

1 Like

Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by EejaNla01(m): 10:00pm On Dec 03, 2013
I remember a young bro ask is that where God lives(inside kaaba)? That y are people surrounding it. grin

Jazakallah bro
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by Nobody: 10:01pm On Dec 03, 2013
I thought that's the stuff they throw stones at every year? So people do things there? I thought they call it satan?
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by tbaba1234: 10:12pm On Dec 03, 2013
speedyboi: I thought that's the stuff they throw stones at every year? So people do things there? I thought they call it satan?

No, that is called the jamarat. At the jamarat, muslims throw pebbles at pillars signifying where Abraham was tempted by the satan when he was to sacrifice his son.

The kaaba is a mosque which we regard as sacred.
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by AlBaqir(m): 11:41pm On Dec 03, 2013
tbaba1234:

With all due respect bro! Black stone? A meteorite? Just like that? Is that your definition?
Because that 'definition' is a reflection of the saying of Umar in the ffg hadith!

tbaba1234:

Umar ibn Al-Khattab (may Allah be pleased with him) is reported to have said: “You are just a stone that does not benefit or harm anyone, and if I had not seen the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) kissing you, I would have not done so." (bukhari)

For prophet (saws) to have revered and kissed the black stone suggested it isn't JUST A STONE as the hadith claimed. And besides has there been anytime in the history of Islam under the guidance of the holy prophet (saws) where anybody thinks to make the black stone "an idol"?
Black stone isn't just a stone just like Zamzam isn't just a water and all the relics associated with Hajj aren't just relics.

I appreciate hadith where sahaba will ask the prophet (saws) why he did what he does even despite the command:"...if you love Allah, follow me"~Qur'an.

Thaba, Pls I will appreciate if this comment is not deleted or hidden.
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by tbaba1234: 11:55pm On Dec 03, 2013
^ The point, i am trying to make is simple. It has no power to benefit or harm. It is not an object of worship.

There is the benefit of expiation of sins reported in tirmidhi but it has no power of its own.

I was trying to clarify a perception of worship.

1 Like

Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by Blackteeth(m): 12:35am On Dec 04, 2013
If a US bomb mistakenly drops on that thing the world don end be that oh. lol

1 Like

Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by Nobody: 3:55am On Dec 04, 2013
Thousands circle the sacred Kaaba at the centre of the Haram sanctuary 24 hours a day. Millions of homes are adorned with pictures of it and over a billion face it five times a day.
knowledge is good. But op, just asking, i tot the word "Haram" meant something forbidden in islam? is it that that word "haram" has another meaning, kindly explain!
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:14am On Dec 04, 2013
Interesting. Thx bro
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by koladebrainiac(m): 5:37am On Dec 04, 2013
then catholic too do not worship images as people used to say . the stone is sacred sha .

I tot the building has been there before Prophet Muhammad conquered mecca ? i was about to shout too bad had it been that you downturn clarify the the images or monuments inside the Kabba . all in all, nice right up I love this .
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by maclatunji: 7:25am On Dec 04, 2013
hisblud: knowledge is good. But op, just asking, i tot the word "Haram" meant something forbidden in islam? is it that that word "haram" has another meaning, kindly explain!

Bait ul Haram-the honourable house.

Yes, it has another meaning. However, the pronouncement is different.
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by Mercyraheem: 8:12am On Dec 04, 2013
[quote author=LagosShia]Mr. tbaba,

I found some points interesting and I would like you to expand on them.

for instance on point no.4,we read that the images of rulers, under whose reign the Ka'ba was renovated, are found inside the Ka'ba.isnt that "shirk"? how can we have pictures of often times tyrants to be placed inside the Ka'ba towards which muslims face during salat? I am emphasizing on this point because the same people carrying out this act are very quick in jumping into conclusion and accus plaque doestnt really means pictures,it might be their written names
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by AlBaqir(m): 8:52am On Dec 04, 2013
hisblud: knowledge is good. But op, just asking, i tot the word "Haram" meant something forbidden in islam? is it that that word "haram" has another meaning, kindly explain!

Literally it means the same "Haram" : "forbidden"; Masjidul Haram : "forbidden" mosque! "Baytul Haram: "forbidden" house! But used in different context. Indicating every worldly things are forbidden on you in that Mosque or house the moment you enter.

But here, the word "sacred" is used instead of "forbidden" for better understanding.

Consider also the following example:
When you about to begin your Hajj, one of the first thing you will do is to put on IHRAM. The Ihram share the same origin with the word "hurum, haram, masjidul haram etc". And it is very similar to the Takbiratul Ihram that one perform at the start of salat. Why is Takbiratul Ihram called Takbiratul Ihram and why is this garment called Ihram? When we say our salat, the reason we call the first Takbir; the Takbiratul Ihram, is because this is the Takbir that makes everything Haram on us until we
complete our salat. The Ihram you put on for Hajj is very similar to that: a lot of things has become Haram on you once you put on this garment until it is time to take it off. So in putting on Ihram, you have symbolically leave everything besides Allah until you have completed your Hajj. It is like dying putting on shroud and going to meet your maker.

Salam

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? / What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? / Eid-el-kabir: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares September 1st Sallah Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.