Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,846 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba (23994 Views)

ISIS Vows To Destroy Mecca’s Kaaba, “kill Those Who Worship Stones / Muhammed Imagined That Abraham Built The Kaaba! / The Truth Behind Muslims Facing The Kaaba For Prayers Every Day! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by LyfeJennings(m): 9:18am On Dec 04, 2013
LagosShia: Mr. tbaba,

I found some points interesting and I would like you to expand on them.

for instance on point no.4,we read that the images of rulers, under whose reign the Ka'ba was renovated, are found inside the Ka'ba.isnt that "shirk"? how can we have pictures of often times tyrants to be placed inside the Ka'ba towards which muslims face during salat? I am emphasizing on this point because the same people carrying out this act are very quick in jumping into conclusion and accusing other muslims of "shirk" for actions that are not "shirk".

on point no.2,we read that the black stone was broken and it was more likely the Qarmatians,an offshoot of the Ismailis,that caused its damage and not the ummyyad army of yazeed which laid siege on Makkah.this was stated without citing that regardless of who was responsible for breaking the black stone,the holy Ka'ba itself was destroyed by the ummayyad army of yazeed that laid siege to Makkah.earlier the sanctity of Medina too was desecrated in the Battle of al-Harrah by the ummayyad army of yazeed.the siege on Makkah only ended with news of Yazeed's death.thereafter the Ummayyad assault on the sanctity of Makkah continued for almost ten years because Abdullah Ibn al-Zubair was taking refuge in it.both these attacks on Makkah and Medina happened after the Tragedy of Karbala,again by the Ummayyad army.when you look at the assaults on Makkah and Medina,you will understand why Imam Hussain (as),upon hearing that yazeed had ordered for his assassination even if he was hanging by the kiswah,decided to forego the hajj and departed for Iraq.the Imam (as) did not want his blood to be spilled in Makkah.i don't know why the article emphasizes the stealing of the black stone by the Qarmatians while it downplayed the destruction the siege on Makkah by the Umayyads caused to the Ka'ba itself! something you should ponder on in these articles that are of a particular source. smiley

my last point is: there is ONLY one man in the history of humanity who is recorded to have been born inside the Ka'ba.that man is Imam Ali Ibn Abi talib (as).his birth in the Ka'ba was miraculous.in such an article about things people need to know about the ka'ba,one would expect such an info should have been mentioned.also,the passage through which the mother of Imam Ali (as) entered the Ka'ba continues to crack on the 13th of Rajab,the Imam's (as) birthday,annually.this crack have been concealed in spite of the fact that it is miraculous.you can see a previous thread I had opened:
https://www.nairaland.com/877518/miraculous-crack-wall-holy-kaba

I notice this crack when I tawaf but its not a crack per se cos when U touch it's feels like other part of d kaaba
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by kolamilan(m): 9:34am On Dec 04, 2013
quite informative. Also, hajj is the largest gathering on earth.
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by stankezzy: 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2013
trenchcoat: Jazakallahu Khairan, nice one please do ignore the ignoramus that are trying to make a jest of Islam,it is best to keep quiet and pass the good message and knowledge, if they cannot read and understand let them go and die. [size=8pt][/size]
d first person dat used this language"go nd die" letter appologised with 2million nd a job,letter pdp supported him with 250k.nd now u want to repeat d same mistake,i hope u know what u are heading to?
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by babylolaroy(f): 3:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
fellis:

@bold isn't true please.

Birds fly over it, I don't want to derail by posting pictures.
well i read it somewhere and i mentioned so. posting pictures wont mean you are derailing the thread. if you have dem, lemme see dem
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by Caseless: 5:45pm On Dec 04, 2013
tbaba1234: There is nothing to expand on.

They said plagues plaques not images.

Many parties have also been involved in damage over a 1400 year history.

Hakim Ibn Hizam was born in Kaaba according to Imam Muslim.

Please let us focus on the topic instead of turning every thread to a Sunni-Shia thread. I beg you.

may ALLAH reward u!
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
babylolaroy:
well i read it somewhere and i mentioned so. posting pictures wont mean you are derailing the thread. if you have dem, lemme see dem

Watch this video to see birds flying over the Kaabah, I can't find the picture on my laptop right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SGqDfXAbqn4
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by tbaba1234: 5:51pm On Dec 04, 2013
caseless: may ALLAH reward u!

grin grin wa iyyakum
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by Caseless: 6:02pm On Dec 04, 2013
loskee!
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by Caseless: 6:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
tbaba1234:

grin grin wa iyyakum
thank u!
Re: Things You Didnt Know About The Kaaba by Nobody: 8:46pm On Dec 04, 2013
maclatunji:

Bait ul Haram-the honourable house.

Yes, it has another meaning. However, the pronouncement is different.

thanks mac and al. Ok i get it now

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Name Will You Like Your Spouse To Call You ? / What Is The Reason For Cutting Baby's Hair In Islam? / Eid-el-kabir: Sultan Of Sokoto Declares September 1st Sallah Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.