Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,253 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:31 AM

AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers (19794 Views)

ASUU- FG Withdraws Ultimatum For Striking Lecturers / New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones / FG Stops Salaries Of Striking Lecturers (ASUU) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by Onwe101(m): 5:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
shehuAO: The VC mimiko is a joker,he forgot that experience count a lot in lecturing.
hahaha experience wetin?lecturers go pack handout ǻn̶̲̥̅̊ԃ useless photocopy give u make u read witout comin for classes...Ŋά̲̣̣̣ xperience b dat?...everytin is bleeped

1 Like

Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by Lumyboi(m): 5:51pm On Nov 28, 2013
mekk: sacking these Lecturers would solve absolutely nothing. it would merely complicate d whole situation. really hope this ends well.
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by Lumyboi(m): 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
mekk: sacking these Lecturers would solve absolutely nothing. it would merely complicate d whole situation. really hope this ends well.

Abi o. Stupid pple. So na d solution b dt? They put politics in everytin. Let's c ow many pple they wan to employ na. Al final year students re writing projects n al. Useless govt. Sack dem na! Vc dey find favor abi
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by IlajeOmuro: 6:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
Let's see how far the VC can go on this!

engrfcuksmtin: Now we have a VC that want to stand against the high handedness of ASUU, He should open a register,anybody that refuses to resume should be issued query and subsequently be sacked. Placed adverts for vacancies and fill as many positions as possible especially the one's occupied by ASUU excos, so many lecturers will fall in line.
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by gratiaeo(m): 7:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
Politicizing education, very bad! ASUU is biting more than it can chew. There is politics behind the strike.

Well, if the minister has the strong ribs to stand his decision, so be it. Just open the door for employment of new lecturers. There are many Masters and PhD holders in the country that are jobless. This may be opportunity for them to actualize their dreams. Advertise for recruitment of new lecturers and you will see the problem solved, at least for now.
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by abbey72(m): 7:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
I trust my vc jare, let him recruit & let d striking lecturer go back 2 deir farm & let c who we lose. useless ppl wastin off ur time.
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by Walexsammy(m): 8:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
excell12go: I still won't support this. The year is gone already. What do they wana teach in 2 weeks? Xmas and new year break are also around d corner.
, whatz with u guys and xmas break....dey still have 3 good weeks to conduct the recruitment, moreova, xmas and new year break is jst a week or at most 2weeks
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by Walexsammy(m): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2013
shehuAO: The VC mimiko is a joker,he forgot that experience count a lot in lecturing.
which kin xperience, no be one day dem start?, @least young graduate will have opportunities nw
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by oladapo123(m): 9:04pm On Nov 28, 2013
Why are some students supporting Anti Students Union of Universities (ASUU) in lingering this strike? Who are they fighting for? May God help our amiable Vc to sack all these lazy and useless lecturers hiding under the guise of strike. This will definitely create job opportunity for brilliant, agile and dedicated graduates who have been hunting for job all this while to secure employment.
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by Martx(m): 9:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
Me i don't care, even if this strick is called off on the 25th of december, I will still go to school, whats this hype about the holiday period, as if some have not eaten the christmas rice before, they are just playing with the future of nigerian students.
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by abdulahi001: 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
The truth is that; Ondo state governor is a proud supporter of PDP and the VC of AAUA is a brother to the governor of Ondo state. Therefore, doing the arithmetic yourself you see that this strike has already been politicize, if not, why is it that it is ondo state that is the first to implement?
To those of you jubilating, it won't solve the issue on ground, it would rather worsen it.
I foresee the strike beyond 2014 because the fed govt. Is not ready to budget up to 500 billion for education in 2014 because if truely they are committed to ending the strike and spending big on the rottening education sector, they could have just used the just released 700millionUSD(Abacha's Loot) by the swiss govt. to service part of the 2009 agreement.
Truely the lecturers may be lazy but trust me the FG are much more nasty.
#TeamNoPity4FG#
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by GboyegaD(m): 12:18am On Nov 29, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: Now we have a VC that want to stand against the high handedness of ASUU, He should open a register,anybody that refuses to resume should be issued query and subsequently be sacked. Placed adverts for vacancies and fill as many positions as possible especially the one's occupied by ASUU excos, so many lecturers will fall in line.

Selfishness of an average Nigeria. In as much as the strike affects those in school, I think at this point, what we should stress is Federal Government trying to reach a compromise with them and not creating more trouble. Those of us that went to school in the days of strikes over the 44 Unilorin sacked lecturers would understand better.

1 Like

Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by myjudez: 7:57am On Nov 29, 2013
DAT assu chairman go burn
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by ra4fo(m): 9:44am On Nov 29, 2013
abdulahi001: The truth is that; Ondo state governor is a proud supporter of PDP and the VC of AAUA is a brother to the governor of Ondo state. Therefore, doing the arithmetic yourself you see that this strike has already been politicize, if not, why is it that it is ondo state that is the first to implement?
To those of you jubilating, it won't solve the issue on ground, it would rather worsen it.
I foresee the strike beyond 2014 because the fed govt. Is not ready to budget up to 500 billion for education in 2014 because if truely they are committed to ending the strike and spending big on the rottening education sector, they could have just used the just released 700millionUSD(Abacha's Loot) by the swiss govt. to service part of the 2009 agreement.
Truely the lecturers may be lazy but trust me the FG are much more nasty.
#TeamNoPity4FG#
did I hear u say 500billion?aav u bin listenin to or reading ur news laately?smh for u.u were comin wel b4 u bgan to mak dose blunders
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by UDENSCO: 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
Prof. Mimiko is seemingly a professor without culture. Is it because govt. pays you 1.8M as salary. The said saga is it not for you to loot? I'm thinking your professor is by appointment and not by promotion or rather by quota system. May be you will employ you mother and father, including your children. Yeye professor. Believe you me, one day is coming when your children will revolt against you.
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by missvera(f): 6:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
I am in School already, observing things. But I trust professor Mimiko, he will do whatever he wants to do. Some lecturers are ready to resume.
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by missvera(f): 6:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
I am in School already, observing things. But I trust Professor Mimiko, he will do whatever he wants to do. One thing I believe is that LECTURES WILL COMMENCE next week. It's either those lecturers take it or leave it...
Re: AAUA Begins Recruitment To Replace Striking Lecturers by SunnyJose(m): 8:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
what makes UNIILORIN unstoppable by ASUU?
Ans d questn u knw urself, i dont need to quote u, just wait and see if prof. Mimiko nd GEJ will succeed or not......

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

16-Year-Old Boy Has 6 A's In Cambridge's IGSCE / ASUU-FG Meeting Ends In Deadlock, Strike To Continue / University Of Nigeria Becomes First University To Adopt Renewable Energy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.