Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,305 members, 7,815,558 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

Will This Guy Still Marry Me? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Will This Guy Still Marry Me? (1384 Views)

Does Being A Good Guy Still Pay? / Do Such Guy Still Exist??? / Will You Still Marry Her If She Won't Fully Change Her Last Name -No Hyphenation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by onyiidon: 11:42pm On Jul 22, 2008
We have been dating for 3years ,last two years when he proposed marriage to me and i accepted,we now went for a pre-marital test and found out that both of us are sickel cell carries(AS). i tried to end the relationship and he asked me not to that he loves me so much,that he will still marry me no matter what.
Both of us can not do without each other, i love him too.Since that time till now, he is not making any move about his promise. Anytime i asked him to come and see my people, he will refuse, if i ask him if he will still marry me he will say yes. But iam confuse i don't know what to do now, he is not making any move and he does not want me to marry another man either.
What he is asking me now is to be prayerful that God can change our genotype to "AA" one day. We have prayed for two years nothing happend, he even went to some powerful men of God with my pictures for "AA" MIRACLE and nothing happend.
PLEASE WHAT DO I DO, TO CONTINUE PRAYING AND WAITING,WALK AWAY OR MARRY WITHOUT TELLING HIM? SINCE I DON'T KNOW HIS MIND
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by rampant(f): 11:45pm On Jul 22, 2008
make urself available to other suitors
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by MissyB1(m): 11:46pm On Jul 22, 2008
Move on 'tis for d good of yhu both.
yhu sure dnt wann'a face d consequences l8r.
B.T.W stop that man of God nd pics tyn.'tis nt gon help
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by onyinye2(f): 11:47pm On Jul 22, 2008
well i would have a serious sit down with the boy. i mean a serious one. no distractions and figure where his head is. You aint getting any younger and the more you wait the more opportunities are just passing by. personally i would do some serious soul searching if i really want to be in this relationship "FOR LIFE!!!" and that whole genotype thing does cause problems when you have children because i know folks who have sickle cell and they get by. well any ways just do what God tells you to do in your heart and all will be fine.
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by rampant(f): 11:59pm On Jul 22, 2008
hard as it may sound,onyii move on wt your life,some love's r not meant to be sad
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by ThoniaSlim(f): 12:51am On Jul 23, 2008
Pray, God would change your genotype to AA. geez what a joker. grin.
Sorry girl, he simply confused and probably waiting for an easy replacement before he shows you the door.
i suggest you both have a heart to heart talk, and tell him to tell you where the relationship stands. if after this he's still being all hanky panky about the situation,then show yourself the door.
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 23, 2008
Such is life embarassed
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by HCH3COO: 1:04am On Jul 23, 2008
aww cry
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by Orimili(m): 5:07am On Jul 23, 2008
onyiidon:

We have been dating for 3years ,last two years when he proposed marriage to me and i accepted,we now went for a pre-marital test and found out that both of us are sickel cell carries(AS). i tried to end the relationship and he asked me not to that he loves me so much,that he will still marry me no matter what.
Both of us can not do without each other, i love him too.Since that time till now, he is not making any move about his promise. Anytime i asked him to come and see my people, he will refuse, if i ask him if he will still marry me he will say yes. But iam confuse i don't know what to do now, he is not making any move and he does not want me to marry another man either.
What he is asking me now is to be prayerful that God can change our genotype to "AA" one day. We have prayed for two years nothing happend, he even went to some powerful men of God with my pictures for "AA" MIRACLE and nothing happend.
PLEASE WHAT DO I DO, TO CONTINUE PRAYING AND WAITING,WALK AWAY OR MARRY WITHOUT TELLING HIM? SINCE I DON'T KNOW HIS MIND

Here is my take. You wanted to end the relationship with him because you both are sickle cell carriers, but he refuses because he loves you. It seems that you are the only one in the relationship acting with any logic. The fact that he's not making any moves towards remedying this situation is enough to show that even he is unsure that he wants to continue either. The whole "I don't want to leave you because I love you" thing looks as if he has no idea what he wants to do, but still wants the assurance of going back to you. He doesn't want to see your people, so it is possible that he might be looking for someone who isn't a carrier of the genotype.

I know that with God, anything is possible, but as someone in the sciences,  you can't change your genotype. The genotype you're born with is the one you will die with. However, miracles do happen, and, God willing, you might find out that one of you are not AS, that the both of you have gotten the wrong results all along. These "powerful men of God" are not going to do a damn thing for you, and I suggest that you stop going to them. The fact that nothing happened should be enough to show you their authenticity.

If the two of you do marry, you have to understand that you are taking a big risk, and that the chances of your offspring being AS carriers are about 50%, while having a child affected by sickle cell, SS, is about 25%. While AS carriers do not show show symptoms of sickle cell, you must know that they will one day have to go through the same trouble that you are going through now. There are treatments for sickle cell, but they are expensive and not easily accessible if you live outside the US or the EU. There is also a 25% chance that you might produce offspring that have the AA genotype, but I don't know if I would take such a gamble.

It's up to you whether you want the two of you to marry or not, but you have to know what you are getting into. God can perform miracles, but he also gave us a brain. You have to think reasonably about what you're going to do, because this decision does not affect only you, but also the people that you two might bring into the world.
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by Ezinwannem: 7:49pm On Jul 23, 2008
since he aint keeping to the promises, he aint sure if he wants to marry you. Infact, hez probably waiting 4 sum1 with AA b4 he can end it. It is also not good for 2 with with AS 2 get married. think of ur future children and da stress all of u will go through
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by Hannibal: 7:56pm On Jul 23, 2008
This is not a problem.

Go ahead and marry him and get IVF when y'all are ready to have children.
If TRUE love is between you 2s then u guys should stick to each other.
Ask him if he's willing to let u do the IVF schitzo. . . smiley
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hannibal:

This is not a problem.

because u r bill gates' son does not mean every other person is.

secondly, not everyone is down with modernised way(s) of having children.
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by segzicres(m): 8:21pm On Jul 23, 2008
he's obviously confused, he doesn't want to lose you but also want to gain another you,
immediately he gets another you, you are out of the picture. be wise babe.
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by LadyT(f): 8:28pm On Jul 23, 2008
Tell him you guys either marry NOW or never. This is time wasting. Theres a one in four chance you will have a child that has full blown sickle cell. You may never have one or all could suffer from it. This is where your prayer should be directed. Not praying your geneotype should change lets give God some respect and quit these silly prayers.
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by Orimili(m): 9:18pm On Jul 23, 2008
LadyT:

Tell him you guys either marry NOW or never. This is time wasting. Theres a one in four chance you will have a child that has full blown sickle cell. You may never have one or all could suffer from it. This is where your prayer should be directed. Not praying your geneotype should change lets give God some respect and quit these silly prayers.

I agree. There's a 25% chance each pregnancy of getting an AA child. Pray and all your children might be AA.
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hannibal:

This is not a problem.

funny how unrealistic this response is.
Things Onyiidon has to consider if she takes the IVF option . . .
- Cost
- Where?
- Will her husband be willing to "father" children that are not his own?
- Whose eggs if the husband's sperm is used?
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by jokepearl(f): 9:37pm On Jul 23, 2008
davidylan:

funny how unrealistic this response is.
Things Onyiidon has to consider if she takes the IVF option . . .
- Cost
- Where?
- Will her husband be willing to "father" children that are not his own?
- Whose eggs if the husband's sperm is used?

Why can't their egg and sperm be use? Its just selecting and combining the ones that won't produce sickle cell.
I also know that medically you can know the genotype of the baby as early as 2 months(during pregnancy).

@poster
i think you should move on. I know there is a place of faith but do you have that kind of faith and the medical options can be costly (too costly sometimes abortion). He can't stop you from moving on talk with him its not just about the both of you (future offspring should be considered) .
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2008
jokepearl:

Why can't their egg and sperm be use? Its just selecting and combining the ones that won't produce sickle cell.
I also know that medically you can know the genotype of the baby as early as 2 months(during pregnancy).

Pls be aware that Onyiidon lives in Nigeria where such things are but fantasy.
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by Gamine(f): 9:07am On Jul 24, 2008
If the Genotype is SS, abort the child embarassed
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by Gamine(f): 10:55am On Jul 24, 2008
Imposter!!!

lolol

now i know i'm famous
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by Gamine(f): 11:32am On Jul 24, 2008
ewoo

Seun pls!

this is just wrong

ban this user now!!
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by Nobody: 11:58am On Jul 24, 2008
lol Gamine, I see you have a fan cheesy

When I first saw the imposter, i thought maybe you had been banned, but then, I know you don't swear smiley
Re: Will This Guy Still Marry Me? by ladybam(f): 12:13pm On Jul 24, 2008
@ poster

Pity!! Very sad !!! cry cry

I pray that God see you both through . . . . . . . . . . . .

(1) (Reply)

When Is It Justified To Snatch Another Guy's Girlfriend? / Which One Do You Like Most Guyz / What Should I Do About These Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.