Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,315 members, 7,846,394 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:34 PM

Love Has Its Own Language - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Love Has Its Own Language (516 Views)

Love Has Rendered Some Girls Useless(good GIRLS GONE BAD) / What To Do When The Girl You Love Has A Boyfriend / Love Has Ruined Me.i Need Urgent Help: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love Has Its Own Language by J3da: 4:23pm On Nov 28, 2013
Language is said to be a system of communication... In this context, love language is the expression of thoughts and feelings towards your partner- verbally or non verbally. It must be mutual i.e. well understood, appreciated, acceptable and in tune with your partner's perspective of love.Gary Chapman, a marriage expert developed five(5) powerful love languages:

1. WORDS OF AFFIRMATION
A man presented his wife a customized ...Jeep on her 40th birthday but she threw the key back at him. 'I don't need your car, I need your love'. The man keep wondering what was really wrong! She later open up and said 'you have never said I love you to me after our wedding day(12years ago)'. The man replied, 'I have made up my mind not to stop loving you'. To such a woman and for most women- the gist is 'if you love me, say it everyday'. It is powerful.
Tell each other how beautiful and handsome you are. Whenever he wears a new cut or she just make a new hairstyle... In a way you are boosting your spouse self esteem.

2. QUALITY TIME
If you have ever had a committed partner, you will understand what quality time connotes. Unfortunately; after the marriage, we tend to give attention to other things which varies from our job, social media, child care, house care...to football league and internet. There will never be a broken home, if couples are able to maintain the tempo of time we share before marriage. To be sincere, that may not be too possible but you can dedicate a weekend in a month for you and your spouse alone. Drop the children with grandma or a trusted fellow and date your wife again and again.
Assuming your spouse love language is 'give me your time', both of you will be frustrated because she won't respond to any other language.

3. GIFT
A sincere love finds it very easier to give. However; when you are to say sorry to your wife, don't buy gift.
For a woman who really appreciate gift, do not forget her birthday and other anniversary. Occasionally, exchange gift even if it's as little as a short bread. Wrap it and present it with a love letter, that reminds you of the courtship period and it increases the romance.

4. ACT OF SERVICE
I've heard a woman say this 'daddy...is wicked o, even if you are dying, he can never help you to make ordinary tea'. This same man just got her a Toyota Camry(envelope). You see, the man's language is GIFT but the wife's own is ACT OF SERVICE.

5. PHYSICAL TOUCH
A man travelled and left his wife and a baby at home. The woman was so stressed but still manage to prepare her husband his best food for dinner. On arrival the man bought lots of things including cloths and fruits for his wife. The woman could not sleep and tears kept rolling down her chick. After lots of pressing, she said 'not even a peck or pat on my back for all the stress I've been through with this boy'. To her, the gift does not matter, weldone mean nothing to her like physical touch.I want to add one more and name it:

6. HONESTY- yes! How can honesty be a love language. Let us examine this scenario together: a woman have been married for over ten(10) solid years and never enjoy sex for once! The husband never had sex before they got married but she was once a town girl before she met Christ. There is nothing like pre-intimacy, the man will just go straight to Jerusalem. She said, love making in her marriage is like a punishment. We told her what to do and today they are both happy. She said 'I always look forward for more now'You see, we have some 'know it all partners' who will never listen to your complain or change. That can be very frustrating. But then, HONESTY is a very powerful love language. If you are making love and he release when you have not come down from the climax let him know there is a need for second round! Anytime she touches you well and did not lie down like a log of wood, tell her she's wonderful. And when your hero really get to every corner during Jerusalem flight. Say 'thank you my husband, only you can do this.' It sounds like a joke, but is a powerful love language.You and I might not have PhD in marriage counselling, but we all have our love language because what appeals to you differs from mine. You can know your love language from your complain about your spouse. For instance, when your spouse is the type who doesn't know how to say thank you for anything, appreciation can be your own love language.Consequently; if your partner does not really show all the listed love language, it does not reduce their love, it only shows their level of understanding about love. You can teach one another to be the best romantic couple ever!

(1) (Reply)

What A Woman Can Do, Can A Man Do Half Of It? / What Year/time Was Relationships More Romantic / How To Make Your Husband Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.