Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,290 members, 7,839,430 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State (3903 Views)

Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. / Buhari Will Stop Export Of Edo Prostitutes Overseas – Aisha Buhari / Pictures Of Jubilation In Front Of Edo Government House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by AbuMikey(m): 12:49am On Nov 29, 2013
homesteady:
Are you staying in benin?

I would rather not divulge my exact location here tongue

Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by yemi2plus(m): 12:53am On Nov 29, 2013
Will I be too rude if I call Oshiomole a fool?
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by homesteady(m): 1:00am On Nov 29, 2013
Abu Mikey:

I would rather not divulge my exact location here tongue

I already know where you stay tongue
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by AbuMikey(m): 1:06am On Nov 29, 2013
homesteady:
I already know where you stay tongue

I'm cool with that!

You don't expect me to drop it on a thread like this with frontpage potentials.... cool

@yemi2plus, why would you want to call him a fool? gringrin

Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by taharqa: 2:49am On Nov 29, 2013
Abagworo:

Not really. What Jonathan and his wife have done in Rivers State is no different. Nigerians need to act accordingly in this Oshiomole's verbal abuse. I'll wait for Dino Melaye, Wole Soyinka and other civil right activists to make their comments or I'll end up assuming that the civil society have actually sold their conscience to APC. Ironically Oshiomole was a popular civil rights activist.
You go wait, you go tire.....
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by Sufhkah: 2:53am On Nov 29, 2013
taharqa: You go wait, you go tire.....
follow this link and see for your self http://youthwealth.com/index.php?myrefcode=4761
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by UyiIredia(m): 3:13am On Nov 29, 2013
homesteady: For more than 3 years now! They've not been able to complete that Ugbowo road!

A relative has confirmed this to me. He also alleged the road to Benin, which is fresh air compared to other parts on the journey thereunto was done by the FG and not Oshiomole, I doubt that though.
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by UyiIredia(m): 3:23am On Nov 29, 2013
homesteady: A state where the main source of water is rain water grin Almost everybody in benin has a big reservoir for collecting rain water grin grin

There's nothing wrong with using rainwater. Over-familiarity with borehole water and is your problem here. Folks have been using rain and stream water and purifying it for their use.
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by Kanwulia: 5:12am On Nov 29, 2013
I just visited the damned place. . . .I did not insult my camera with the extremely troubling sight-sores that remain the albatross of a TYPICAL EDO mind. . . TUFIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKWA!

I have since changed my state of origin and residence to ASABA DELTA STATE!
Thank my H-Agnostic Gawd for my mamma and my husband!!!!
Not even IF TELEPORTED BACK IN TIME OR TO THE FUTURE with the kingdom of HEAVEN aka DUBAI AND LAS VEGAS combined on EARTH located in EDO STATE will carry my legs to stay in such a place.
THE LAND OF NO PROGRESS!!!!!! TWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAH!!!!!
The land of the MOST UGLY ON HIGH! cry
WOR-WOR WOMEN. . . WOR-WOR MEN. . . WOR-WOR BLAAAAAAAAAAAAACK AZZZZZE GARGOYLES FOR CHILDREN. . . .WITH GIGANTIC FEET AND PROTRUDING SKULL MALFORMATIONS!!!!! cry

All properties are for sale, like all my darling cousins have done with their late fathers' properties!
It is time to LEAVE FOR GOOD. . . NO GOODBYES necessary!!!!

I DETEST THE PLACE AND THE MISSSSSSSSSSSSSERABLE, SATAN FORSAKEN SOUL WHO LIVE WITHIN!!!!

The state with the most UGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY 'GOVERNUMBSKULLS'! TWA!!!!! cry

Thank our lucky stars for DRY SEASON. . . .WE SAW SOME DUSTY RURAL POT-HOLES OF ROADS TO ESCAPE. . .after landing BENIN AIRPORT!

Damn! What an apology of a state. . . .EVEN A NORTHERN RURAL AREA IS MUCH BETTER. . . .

Make una see SOUTHERNERS WEY SABI BOOK! ABOKI NA ILLITERATE!!!! Mu che che che che che che
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 29, 2013
@Donphilopus I laugh in Spanish. I have lived my life all through in Edo State and I challenge you to provide pics of primary school you are claiming and still don't forget to snap the classrooms in 5 different school and name the schools. You call those primary schools building good because you haven't been to other states where standard schools are built. Talk about teachers, are there enough teachers in these school majority of them were sacked because some LGA claim they don't have money to pay them. 5 star junction was done by the FG but Oshiomole went there to put his pictures and commision it, All the road he claim he did in Benin was all in good condition before and were done by the FG example is Ring road which he polished, He constructed drainage in Akpakpava road but when he wanted to commission the drainage, he commissioned but the road and the drainage. In Esan senatorial district were he claim waters are everywhere in his speech from 5th anniversary he did it shocked me because no single water project that is working in that senatorial district and they were all filled by water tankers during election after election everything stopped. GRA in Benin is like on clan imagine front of legislative house in Benin, when rain falls you hardly pass there. The major and fantastic project he started was 1st and 2nd circular road as we speak all those road have been abandon and residents in that area are always been deceived by bringing machineries when they complain in media and after sometime they live the site again and transportation is high because of high taxes each driver pay to Agberos. Not to talk of the LGA election conducted by acclaim chancellor of one man one vote. We voted Adam Oshiomole in to repair and perform in Edo State not to compare with Lucky Igbinedion 8 years. We are tired of propaganda and media hypes. More money are spent on advertisement of what's not going on ground than development.

2 Likes

Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by donphilopus: 6:57am On Nov 29, 2013
Skillbobralph: @Donphilopus I laugh in Spanish. I have lived my life all through in Edo State and I challenge you to provide pics of primary school you are claiming and still don't forget to snap the classrooms in 5 different school and name the schools. You call those primary schools building good because you haven't been to other states where standard schools are built. Talk about teachers, are there enough teachers in these school majority of them were sacked because some LGA claim they don't have money to pay them. 5 star junction was done by the FG but Oshiomole went there to put his pictures and commision it, All the road he claim he did in Benin was all in good condition before and were done by the FG example is Ring road which he polished, He constructed drainage in Akpakpava road but when he wanted to commission the drainage, he commissioned but the road and the drainage. In Esan senatorial district were he claim waters are everywhere in his speech from 5th anniversary he did it shocked me because no single water project that is working in that senatorial district and they were all filled by water tankers during election after election everything stopped. GRA in Benin is like on clan imagine front of legislative house in Benin, when rain falls you hardly pass there. The major and fantastic project he started was 1st and 2nd circular road as we speak all those road have been abandon and residents in that area are always been deceived by bringing machineries when they complain in media and after sometime they live the site again and transportation is high because of high taxes each driver pay to Agberos. Not to talk of the LGA election conducted by acclaim chancellor of one man one vote. We voted Adam Oshiomole in to repair and perform in Edo State not to compare with Lucky Igbinedion 8 years. We are tired of propaganda and media hypes. More money are spent on advertisement of what's not going on ground than development.
Okay! So many projects he has done was from FG, agreed! Was this same FG not bringing money to Edo state in the 10yrs PDP wasted?? Yes, FG government brougth! But they were using the money to settle their Godfather, instead of the development project in the state.

Can you compare Auchi of 2007, to this present Auchi?? Has everything not changed?? Streets light, dual-lane roads everywhere, villagers who have not seen red zincs all through their stay in village have seen! If I should snap the schools around my area and upload it here, I'm very sure you'd doubt me.

I'm also very sure, that you're from Esan! Because nobody from the south or northern part of Edo state would say Oshiomole has done nothing.

Whether you like it or not, Oshiomole is trying! But the best is yet to come. Fashola tried compared to Tinubu, Oshiomole tried compared to Lucky! Akpabio is trying compared to Attah, Mimiko is trying compared to Agagu! But I can tell you that "the best are yet to come in those states".

4 Likes

Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by donphilopus: 7:00am On Nov 29, 2013
Kanwulia: I just visited the damned place. . . .I did not insult my camera with the extremely troubling sight-sores that remain the albatross of a TYPICAL EDO mind. . . TUFIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKWA!

I have since changed my state of origin and residence to ASABA DELTA STATE!
Thank my H-Agnostic Gawd for my mamma and my husband!!!!
Not even IF TELEPORTED BACK IN TIME OR TO THE FUTURE with the kingdom of HEAVEN aka DUBAI AND LAS VEGAS combined on EARTH located in EDO STATE will carry my legs to stay in such a place.
THE LAND OF NO PROGRESS!!!!!! TWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAH!!!!!
WOR-WOR WOMEN. . . WOR-WOR MEN. . . WOR-WOR BLAAAAAAAAAAAAACK AZZZZZE GARGOYLES FOR CHILDREN. . . .WITH GIGANTIC FEET AND PROTRUDING SKULL MALFORMATIONS!!!!! cry

All properties are for sale, like all my darling cousins have done with their late fathers' properties!
It is time to LEAVE FOR GOOD. . . NO GOODBYES necessary!!!!

I DETEST THE PLACE AND THE MISSSSSSSSSSSSSERABLE, SATAN FORSAKEN SOUL WHO LIVE WITHIN!!!!

The state with the most UGLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY 'GOVERNUMBSKULLS'! TWA!!!!! cry

Thank our lucky stars for DRY SEASON. . . .WE SAW SOME DUSTY RURAL POT-HOLES OF ROADS TO ESCAPE. . .after landing BENIN AIRPORT!

Damn! What an apology of a state. . . .EVEN A NORTHERN RURAL AREA IS MUCH BETTER. . . .

Make una see SOUTHERNERS WEY SABI BOOK! ABOKI NA ILLITERATE!!!! Mu che che che che che che
Guy! Stop faking your state of origin just to claim point.

1 Like

Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by yemi2plus(m): 7:34am On Nov 29, 2013
Abu Mikey:

@yemi2plus, why would you want to call him a fool? gringrin
Because a fool is better than him.
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by yemi2plus(m): 7:35am On Nov 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

A relative has confirmed this to me. He also alleged the road to Benin, which is fresh air compared to other parts on the journey thereunto was done by the FG and not Oshiomole, I doubt that though.
doubt kini? Your relative is right.
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by yemi2plus(m): 7:38am On Nov 29, 2013
Kanwulia:

Mumu.. Upload your picture.
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by yemi2plus(m): 7:41am On Nov 29, 2013
Skillbobralph: @Donphilopus I laugh in Spanish. I have lived my life all through in Edo State and I challenge you to provide pics of primary school you are claiming and still don't forget to snap the classrooms in 5 different school and name the schools. You call those primary schools building good because you haven't been to other states where standard schools are built. Talk about teachers, are there enough teachers in these school majority of them were sacked because some LGA claim they don't have money to pay them. 5 star junction was done by the FG but Oshiomole went there to put his pictures and commision it, All the road he claim he did in Benin was all in good condition before and were done by the FG example is Ring road which he polished, He constructed drainage in Akpakpava road but when he wanted to commission the drainage, he commissioned but the road and the drainage. In Esan senatorial district were he claim waters are everywhere in his speech from 5th anniversary he did it shocked me because no single water project that is working in that senatorial district and they were all filled by water tankers during election after election everything stopped. GRA in Benin is like on clan imagine front of legislative house in Benin, when rain falls you hardly pass there. The major and fantastic project he started was 1st and 2nd circular road as we speak all those road have been abandon and residents in that area are always been deceived by bringing machineries when they complain in media and after sometime they live the site again and transportation is high because of high taxes each driver pay to Agberos. Not to talk of the LGA election conducted by acclaim chancellor of one man one vote. We voted Adam Oshiomole in to repair and perform in Edo State not to compare with Lucky Igbinedion 8 years. We are tired of propaganda and media hypes. More money are spent on advertisement of what's not going on ground than development.
You forgot to add Central Hospital.

1 Like

Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by experimentist: 7:44am On Nov 29, 2013
APC must rule Nigeria wether motherfuckerz and crooks like it or NOT! Religious and tribalist bigots can go and die slow!
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by homesteady(m): 8:20am On Nov 29, 2013
Skillbobralph: We voted
Adam Oshiomole in to repair and perform in
Edo State not to compare with Lucky
Igbinedion 8 years.
Hallelujah! Bro! You are in the spirit! grin
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by Joel3(m): 8:50am On Nov 29, 2013
adams oshimole has tried compared to lucky. but that still dont give him pass mark. the rate in which abgero aree take to the street has becoming rampant. the central hospital happens to be a death trap.
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 29, 2013
donphilopus: Okay! So many projects he has done was from FG, agreed! Was this same FG not bringing money to Edo state in the 10yrs PDP wasted?? Yes, FG government brougth! But they were using the money to settle their Godfather, instead of the development project in the state.

Can you compare Auchi of 2007, to this present Auchi?? Has everything not changed?? Streets light, dual-lane roads everywhere, villagers who have not seen red zincs all through their stay in village have seen! If I should snap the schools around my area and upload it here, I'm very sure you'd doubt me.

I'm also very sure, that you're from Esan! Because nobody from the south or northern part of Edo state would say Oshiomole has done nothing.

Whether you like it or not, Oshiomole is trying! But the best is yet to come. Fashola tried compared to Tinubu, Oshiomole tried compared to Lucky! Akpabio is trying compared to Attah, Mimiko is trying compared to Agagu! But I can tell you that "the best are yet to come in those states".

How long does it take to snap pictures, you have been shouting it from the past two days. If you provide the pictures, I will send you Akwa Ibom and River State primary school building when I visited there with labouratory and equipment and compare them. That's the main reason I say Oshiomole hypes in Edo State and people like you still believe in him. Those are the red roof Donphilopus is talking about compare to River and Ondo state green and orange roof. We are tired of too much talk and borrowing over 400 billion and nothing to show for it and hypes of what's not going on by APC propagandist. I added Ondo state because I know people will still come out and say River is a rich state.

Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by Ohibenemma(m): 9:11am On Nov 29, 2013
I loved this man, I really did...like a man's love for his wife, I believed in him.
I like parties, I hate parties, but I loved Oshiomhole...irrespective of party affiliation, and believed he was the man to bring transformation.
A few months in office, and the critics were already wagging their tongues, but like a paid propagandist, I defended him.
I believed things will work...social change was never easy...
Then the dividends started showing; roads were renovated, some with street lights and drainages. Red roofed schools became the order of the day, and I gave his critics this, 'I told you' look...
But, the pace gradually lessened, effectiveness gave way to cosmeticism; but we still kept hope alive, he was still better than his predecessor.
Then with fanfare, pomp and pageantry, the elections came; and faced with a very unpopular opponent from the opposition, we resoundingly voted him in for his 2nd term...
But alas! That's where the good news ended. First, the bike men, who had got free helmets in the buildup to the elections, were torched, their enterprise placed in the furnace of a re invigorated style of unpopular governance...the market women weren't left out, driven off the roadsides to NOWHERE in particular. Markets were rotting away inside, but looked beautiful on the outside... I give you an example you may check out - the Oba Market, Benin... Schools were pretty okay without, but lacking seats and desks within. 40% of the renovated schools will bear witness to this... Many projects were left half completed, abandoned to the throes of electioneering propaganda; abandoned hospital projects litter the state...and the LGA elections came.
It showed that the media savvy, social critic of a Governor was nothing but a sham. Irregularities reigned supreme, and where disallowed, results were cancelled. The case of Esan comes to mind. The comrade was in a rush to perpetuate the robbery, swearing in unduly elected chairmen as the people's choice. This burnt the last strand of regards many had for him, as a man who stood for and represented good conduct...and it continues even today...
But all hope isn't lost yet, many still hope he would eventually COMMENCE his second term, and deliver on his numerous promises; many still hope he'll use surrounding performers as a benchmark and stop comparing his administration to his predecessor's...who received a fraction of the state's allocations today. We are still waiting and hoping that ACTION WILL MATCH WORDS.

1 Like

Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by Nobody: 9:17am On Nov 29, 2013
APC kwenu
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by BankManager(m): 9:35am On Nov 29, 2013
The time of ex-governor,Chief Lucky Igbinedion is now history.He failed the electorates and his performance was woeful.We all know about that..
That aside,It's high time we start looking into the FUTURE.Gov.Oshiomhole's first three years in office was superb.He won the hearts of the electorates and the Monarch..However,in the last 2 years,he is now dissapionting.What is he doing with the budget/state fund?Edo State LACKS infrastructures.The only thing Gov.Adams knows is to PLANT FLOWERS along RING ROAD(d centre of d state)so when you're coming from another state,you think he is performing..WASH.!
General Samuel Ogbemudia spent 8yrs in office and transformed the state..His achievements are too numerous to mention.Late Gov.Ambrose Ali spent only 4yrs in office and Edo State became industrious.Presently,Gov.Adams has failed.We are dissapionted in him.He is now being dictatorial.He is a man who so much loves EYE-SERVICE(A pretender).It's high time this nonsense stops...!!

1 Like

Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by donphilopus: 9:39am On Nov 29, 2013
Skillbobralph:

How long does it take to snap pictures, you have been shouting it from the past two days. If you provide the pictures, I will send you Akwa Ibom and River State primary school building when I visited there with labouratory and equipment and compare them. That's the main reason I say Oshiomole hypes in Edo State and people like you still believe in him
I said whenever I'm chanced! Or, do you think it's easy to go round and do that??
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by Abagworo(m): 9:56am On Nov 29, 2013
Skillbobralph:

How long does it take to snap pictures, you have been shouting it from the past two days. If you provide the pictures, I will send you Akwa Ibom and River State primary school building when I visited there with labouratory and equipment and compare them. That's the main reason I say Oshiomole hypes in Edo State and people like you still believe in him

All these unecessary comparison hold no water. Oshiomole remains the best ever for Edo State. Rivers and Akwa-Ibom are extremely rich States. Especially Akwa-Ibom. Even a dummy getting that kind of money can steal 12 billion monthly and still have more money than Edo and other States..
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by veraponpo(m): 10:10am On Nov 29, 2013
PDP propaganda.

If Oshiomole is this bad, how did he win his PDP opponent with about 400,000 difference in the last election (his second term).
he must have performed credibly well for the masses to troupe out en mass to vote him in again.

Besides, are you saying he did not do anything at all? That is not possible. PDP was in power for more than 9 years and he came just 5 years ago, they spoiled all those roads and he is fixing them gradually. PDP is gone in Edo
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by homesteady(m): 10:14am On Nov 29, 2013
Stop comparing him to lucky! Compare him with other current governors!
What Kwankawso did in 2 years, Oshiomole can not do in 6years!
Let oshiomole go and learn from Fashola! Its not all about making noise like a market woman!
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by Nobody: 10:41am On Nov 29, 2013
homesteady: A state where the main source of water is rain water grin Almost everybody in benin has a big reservoir for collecting rain water grin grin

The same thing applied to Enugu state. The worst part of Enugu own is that your landlord will be dragging the free rain water with you, he will divert the all water to his reservoir and tenants and neigbour must pay #30 for a bucket of rain water. No borehole, rivers are in thick bush faraway and if care is not taking, snakes will visit you at the river bank and you dare NOT kill the snake or be ready to face the wrath of the whole community. I laugh when some never do well came to Nairaland to abuse Fashola on water scarcity in lagos and some of our SE brothers took it upon their heads to abuse and mock Lagos.

1 Like

Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by Nigerianmovie(m): 11:22am On Nov 29, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^I think it has more to do with the person rather than the party! I don't imagine a Fashola or Rochas would be so mean either!

u mean the fashola that dumped fellow Nigerians at bridgehead in Onitsha? Leaving them vulnerable?
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by Olugbenger(m): 12:53pm On Nov 29, 2013
Abiolacicero:

The same thing applied to Enugu state. The worst part of Enugu own is that your landlord will be dragging the free rain water with you, he will divert the all water to his reservoir and tenants and neigbour must pay #30 for a bucket of rain water. No borehole, rivers are in thick bush faraway and if care is not taking, snakes will visit you at the river bank and you dare NOT kill the snake or be ready to face the wrath of the whole community. I laugh when some never do well came to Nairaland to abuse Fashola on water scarcity in lagos and some of our SE brothers took it upon their heads to abuse and mock Lagos.

grin grin grin grin
Re: The True Picture Of Edo State To Those Outside Edo State by OKKO(m): 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
I am not in Edo, but I hv carefully read the comments in support of Oshomole: the only example U cited is revamping of primary schools. What of areas like road construction, agriculture, security, basic social amenities etc. So the billions he collects monthly from FG is to touch primary schools.
What has he done about poverty alleviation order than chasing the poor away their petty trade; telling them to go and die!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breaking: Intrigues As Buhari Picks His Team / Rio 2016: IPOB Waves Biafran Flag Inside Olympic Stadium (pics) / Recession: What Fashola Posited In 2012. This Is The Reason We Did Not Save...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.