Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,412 members, 7,812,221 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. (3914 Views)

2019: ADP Zones The Presidency To The North And Vice President South East / Igbo Youths Write UN, Demand Protection Of Igbos In The North And Referendum / Why Is Fuel #87 In The North And #120 - #130 In The East? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 29, 2015
It has been said over and over again that the north has a grip on the top offices in Nigeria, in support of sweetlemon's thread yesterday, below is the list of permanent secretaries in nigeria,

1. Dr. M. Nwaobiala OHCSF - MSO /Special Duties

2. Cyril Nnabuike Eneh Youth Development

3. Prof. N. A. Damachi OSGF- Political Affairs

4. Prof. S. Ogamdi Labour & Productivity

5. I G. Mahe Culture and Tourism

6. Dr. A. J. Awosika OHCSF CMO

7. Goni Musa Sheik Petroleum Resources

8. Mrs. E. B. Emuren Mines and Steel

9. S. B. Ozigis Interior

10. Danladi Kifasi Finance

11. Ms Anne Ene-Ita Aviation

12. S. D. Kassim OSGF GSO

13. Dr D.B. Ibe OSGF - EAO

14. E. I. Ogbile OSGF-CS

15. I. A. Odusote OSGF- Ecological Fund

16. Sani Lawal Mohammed OSGF - SSO

17. Umar Farouk Baba OSGF-Special Duties

18. Pius J. Major OHCSF CSO

19. S. O. Willoughby OHCSF-MDO

20. Charles Bonat OHCSF ERO

21. Dauda Kigbu OHCSF- BPSR

22. Martin Uhomoibhi Foreign Affairs

23. Dr B. N. Olorunfemi Environment

24. Dr. S. A. Adegoroye FCTA

25. Dr. Ibrahim J. Daudu State House

26. F. B. Bamidele Agriculture & Rural Dev.

27. Mr. A. S. Olayisade Science & Technology

28. I.B. Sali Power

29. O. A. Afolabi Education

30. Aliyu Salihu Gusau FCSC

31. Dr. A.K. Mohammed Commerce and Industry

32. I. A. Kuta Women Affairs

33 Esther Gonda Police Service Commission

34 Mohammed S. Bashar Information & Communications

35 Abdulahi Yola Justice

36 Dr. (Mrs) E. A. Abebe Transport

37 Dr. E. O. Oyemomi Defence

38 Linus Awute Health

39 Dr. Yahaya Abdullahi Niger Delta

40 Bukar Goni Aji Police Affairs

41 Dr. T. B. Ingawa Works

42 Zikora Ozodinobi Housing & Urban Development

43 Dr. Godknows Igali Water Resources

From my count, there are less than 15 northerners in that list of 43 yet over the years we never heard any noise from the north about marginalisation.

Now I believe the south, expecially few, wants to dominate the north at all cost.

lalasticlala, Ishilove

www..com/ng/my-nigeria/38341-list-of-nigeria-permanent-secretary.html

4 Likes

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by INTROVERT(f): 9:10am On Aug 29, 2015
Is it about NORTH vs SOUTH or NORTH vs SOUTHEAST

1 Like

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by izeeqpotter(m): 9:10am On Aug 29, 2015
It don't mean sh!t to me!
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 29, 2015
interesting
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by agarawu23(m): 9:11am On Aug 29, 2015
so ?
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by McCarlito(m): 9:11am On Aug 29, 2015
Space booked till I get evidences to prove other wise angry
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by NosaHenry(m): 9:12am On Aug 29, 2015
We are talking of political appointees
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 29, 2015
nigerian elites forum com/ng/

my-nigeria/38341-list-of-nigeria-

permanent-secretary.html

the link seems to have a mind of its own so I broke it apart
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by christinie(f): 9:15am On Aug 29, 2015
He makes me feel like I have no president.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 9:15am On Aug 29, 2015
NosaHenry:
We are talking of political appointees
what does political appointees mean?

1 Like

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by kamair237(m): 9:15am On Aug 29, 2015
didn't get d sense tho...
Afta breakfast I will read over again...
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by cheruv: 9:17am On Aug 29, 2015
K cry
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:21am On Aug 29, 2015
The civil service where promotion to certain levels is attained by merit via rigorous processes following laid down civil service rules can't in all honesty be compared to political appointments.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by CSTR2: 9:23am On Aug 29, 2015
Even with the obvious domination of our various arms of arms of govts and agencies that even the north knows and brags about .
Someone still had to go up and get a somewhat skewed list of the few agencies headed by southerners but completed dominated by northerners anyway..
The same southern heads that are getting replaced by northerners already.
I give up.
Some people can not be helped.
Producing a counter post would be a waste of time.
The urge to defend buhari will override any sense of rationality for our resident buharists.
I am out of here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 29, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
The civil service where promotion to certain levels is attained by merit via rigorous processes following laid down civil service rules can't in all honesty be compared to political appointments.
Lol, Now there is merit in the civil service because it favors you?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 29, 2015
CSTR2:
Even with the obvious domination of our various arms of arms of govts and agencies that even the north knows and brags about .
Someone still had to go up and get a somewhat skewed list of the few agencies headed by southerners but completed dominated by northerners anyway..
The same southern heads that are getting replaced by northerners already.
I give up.
Some people can not be helped.
Producing a counter post would be a waste of time.
The urge to defend buhari will override any sense of rationality for our resident buharists.
I am out of here.

Let me get this straight, sunnyb0b0 says there's absolute merit in the civil service and you say it is dominated by northerners with southern heads, how does that work?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:31am On Aug 29, 2015
sunnyb0b0:
So Federal Character doesn't apply in the civil service? You make me laugh. You speak of Federal Character only when it's to your advantage.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

So Federal Character doesn't apply in the civil service? You make me laugh. You speak of Federal Character only when it's to your advantage.
You see the hypocricy of my people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:35am On Aug 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Federal character applies in civil service and it's clearly reflected in the list op has up there.

The op cleverly started the lust with Igbo or Igbo sounding names to deceive the gullible who don't read through.

To bust his bubble, number 1 on that list Dr Nwaobiala is from Plateau state.

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:37am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:
You see the hypocricy of my people
Most of the people here know little or nothing about federal character.

1 Like

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 29, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Federal character applies in civil service and it's clearly reflected in the list op gas up there.
How come there 14 Perm secs from the north, that can't be acceptable to balanced folks like you

2 Likes

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by CSTR2: 9:40am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

Let me get this straight, sunnyb0b0 says there's absolute merit in the civil service and you say it is dominated by northerners with southern heads, how does that work?
Merit in the Nigerian context is skewed.
The civil service allocated slots to both the south and the north.
The north gets the majority of the allocated positions and is usually given to children of northern elites and their friends and colleagues and whoever they feel like giving who must be a northerner of course.
The very significantly reduced slots allocated to the south is fiercely contested with all kinds of interviews and tests and is somewhat merit based.
This is what plays out in every single govt agency especially the military and customs.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by seunmsg(m): 9:41am On Aug 29, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Permanent secretaries are political appointments. Civil servants career progression ends as a Director on grade level 17.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:41am On Aug 29, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Federal character applies in civil service and it's clearly reflected in the list op has up there.

The op cleverly started the lust with Igbo or Igbo sounding names to deceive the gullible who don't read through.

Nobody is singling Igbo out. There are Yoruba names there too. FYI, Federal Character is more pronounced in who head government parastatals. For example, the ministry headed by a Yoruba won't have all its BoD members from the South West.

1 Like

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by agarawu23(m): 9:44am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

You will shout when a northerner is appointed but this does not bother you
shout? no ma!

anybody from any tribe can be appointed. all I want and pray for is the movement of this country(for good).

I don't gv a damn about tribes.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by CSTR2: 9:44am On Aug 29, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Stop deceiving yourself.
The federal character itself was designed to help the north stay relevant due to their educational disadvantage.
If we decide to use merit, the north would be grossly underrepresented in govt.
There is no possible way the south will not completely dominate if merit is the aim.

1 Like

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by CSTR2: 9:47am On Aug 29, 2015
The north cannot even educate their girl child with millions given over to almajirism, while the SE has more female enrollment in schools than boys.
Now it is obvious who should dominate in a merit based society.

1 Like

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 29, 2015
CSTR2:
Merit in the Nigerian context is skewed.
The civil service allocated slots to both the south and the north.
The north gets the majority of the allocated positions and is usually given to children of northern elites and their friends and colleagues and whoever they feel like giving who must be a northerner of course.
The very significantly reduced slots allocated to the south is fiercely contested with all kinds of interviews and tests and is somewhat merit based.
This is what plays out in every single govt agency especially the military and customs.
Still does not change the fact up there.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by CyberWolf: 9:49am On Aug 29, 2015
So OP what do you mean? That list covers all the geopolitical zones in the country..most of the names that sounds Igbo are obviously from some minority groups in the north or do you want me to start digging out their profile one by one?

1 Like

Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:49am On Aug 29, 2015
CSTR2:
Stop deceiving yourself.
The federal character itself was designed to help the north stay relevant due to their educational disadvantage.
If we decide to use merit, the north would be grossly underrepresented in govt.
There is no possible way the south will not completely dominate if merit is the aim.
I have an assignment for you, go find out the difference(s) between quota system and federal character. You may add Educationally Less Developed States (ELDS). Do that, then we'll discuss.
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 29, 2015
sunnyb0b0:

Are you Okay? did you not see the link I copied it from?
Re: Buhari The North And The True Picture Of Nigeria's Federal Government Structure. by CSTR2: 9:50am On Aug 29, 2015
Obiagelli:

How come there and 14 permanent secretaries from the north if this system is true
Permanent secretaries is what you want to use to debunk northern domination?
smh.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EFCC Twitter Handler Gave This Hilarious Reply / The Two Leaders That Can Crumble APC When They Defect / Obaseki Is Planning To Go Back To His Former Party.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.