Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers (31639 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by walebews: 5:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
tchigofigo: ..do they think they can't be replaced? only, it's goin'o waste more time bt it is possible..there r many qualified unemployed pple out there that can do a nice job..including myself..mk i first de prepare my c.v, this might just be my opportunity
I see u I gt hope, u wan prepare ur c.v onto say u be prof she.....u think say na ssce den take dey employ she..mtchewwww
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by zubimete(f): 5:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
robo247: [b][/b]
Professors my ass. Professors that doesnt have what it takes to be called that name. Calling them profs is a misnomer pls.
ASUU gas gone WILD.
Do u knw wat it takes to become a prof? Wat is ur own educational qualification? Can u fill in d vacum? I NEED UR ANSWERS.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Demdem(m): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
Excellent development from ASUU. As expected, they have ignored Jonathan's threat.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Chartey(m): 5:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
tchigofigo: ..do they think they can't be replaced? only, it's goin'o waste more time bt it is possible..there r many qualified unemployed pple out there that can do a nice job..including myself..mk i first de prepare my c.v, this might just be my opportunity
unemploye professors too? Or who'll teach the postgraduate students? who'll handover the various research activities to who? you can't get tens of thousands of experienced and well-qualified lecturers to employ(which country are they going to recruit them from? cuz i don't know any unemployed phd holder around. What of all the profs doing world bank(and other international organizations) funded research currently? What will happen to those? This is a foolish stand and a lost battle by the fg.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Alleinad(f): 5:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
robo247: [b][/b]
Professors my ass. Professors that doesnt have what it takes to be called that name. Calling them profs is a misnomer pls.
ASUU gas gone WILD.
All those in favour of the government, pls mind your grammar. Prove to those of us in favour of ASUU that you have a valid point and hv gotten a standard education from the dilapidated universities that ASUU is seeking to re-structure.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by bolex3(m): 5:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
I just can't understand why most nigerian youths fail 2 realize d fact dat we only have bunch of visionless and self-centered leaders that can afford 2 spend our money on irrelevant things like purchasing cars @ exhorbitant rates and yet leaving d pple involved unpunished,and also with d plan of privatising everytin we av including we d citizen, ASUU is nt demanding for too much jst a documentation and endorsement of an initially approved deal and d strike will b over bt our leaders are never ready because all they only make empty promises,its time for we youth to b in full support of d fight by ASUU so that these useless leaders won't mortgage our future.thaaaanks

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by chykmoni(m): 5:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nawao. So no service for march? lipsrsealed
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by masciv: 5:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
kelvin klein219: I have read what u all said,u hv all said well,I ryt dis with a broken heart,if ASUU has our intrest in heart they would hv called off d strike since and continued a silent negotiation,I mean we would have all graduated before they implement this...y should d children suffer for the sin of the fathers...
1..Infrastructure won't make us read,with bbm android techno..lolz sorry...dat won't just help
2..It won't stop lecturers from copying handout and come to lecture hall to come and read it out to us
3..This won't stop them from just failing us for no just reason,and stop them from having sex with our babes because of A..
If no be small thing ehn....sack the top executive officials of ASUU...for not complying

so you would rather not have the infrastructure,right?.See one of the reasons why westerners brand Africans as people with low IQ

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by samilo88(m): 5:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
Chartey:
unemploye professors too? Or who'll teach the postgraduate students? who'll handover the various world bank funded research activities to who? you can't get tens of thousands of experienced and well-qualified lecturers to employ(which country are they going to recruit them from? cuz i don't know any unemployed phd holder around. What of all the profs doing world bank(and other international organizations) funded research currently? What will happen to those. This is a foolish stand and a lost battle by the fg.
Those are the real professors and lecturers, trust me they'll be the ones to resume first. The lazy bad eggs are the ones ready to continue with the strike and the FG is ready to kick them out. This might just be the cleansing we need in our universities.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by MaziOmenuko: 5:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
This is what you get when you give the education ministry to an illiterate tout like Nyesom Wike who thinks that everything is by gra-gra! A portfolio meant for Professors and erudite scholars was thrown to the dogs!

FG is blowing hot air! They made a promise (as they did in 2009); let them show their sincerity in honoring the contract. ASUU will look like big fools if they are tricked twice with the same scam promise as was done in 2009.

If worse comes to worse, the lecturers will come to school, sign the bloody register and return to their air-conditioned office without lecturing. You can force a horse to the stream, but you can't force it to drink.

6 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Chartey(m): 6:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
Osu175: I believe GEJ calling the strike off will work in a.b.u, cos almost all the christian lecturers in a.b.u are not in ASUU and most prof and dr are christian.
Liar! Don't know say what you don't know about my school.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Chartey(m): 6:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
samilo88:
Those are the real professors and lecturers, trust me they'll be the ones to resume first. The lazy bad eggs are the ones ready to continue with the strike and the FG is ready to kick them out. This might just be the cleansing we need in our universities.
Most people don't understand this strike thing. The lecturers may not be lecturing but they are surely working. Last night, i took a walk around my school, and i found lots of offices in many faculties with their lights on with lecturers working late. Lecturing is only a part of the job and not the whole job. If you are a student, pay a visit to your school and go round the academic area.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by lymelyte(m): 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
spenca: the question should be after the massive sack of lecturers then what ?
It cannot be a massive sack because a lot of them will resume work.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Chinexng(m): 6:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
stagger:

Mr man, Abacha not only wrote sack letter, he issued eviction notices from their official residences. DID IT WORK? NO.

Fashola that sacked doctors: did he not call them back?

We are not in a military era. The use of such language by government will only fuel the suspicions of the striking lecturers. A typical lecturer is 10 years in the making, 20 years or more for Professors.

Ok, where will the government recruit the new lecturers from? FROM YOUR VILLAGE?

I hate seein ppl like on NL.do u tink tru ur anus?u ar foolish n deluded for tinkin dat government can not get competent hand dat wil replace dose selfish lecturer.let me tel u,it is unwise for u or anyone to tink dat an organisation wl stop to exist because of him/her.dat tin u feel u ar good at,some else wl do it better.d skul has been dere n wl continue to exist wit or witout 100% of ASUU members.
As for fasola sackin doctors n callin dem back.yes he did called dem back but dey begged n suffered bfore dey were called back.i tink dat is wat is goin to happen to ASUU.beggin for garri wen u ar suppose to be eatin rice(meanin:beggin to be recalled back wen dey ar suppose to be receivin montly alert).nonsense

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by aluma(m): 6:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
Johnsinia: ASUU should be proscribe. Who said military failed in banning ASUU? In 1988 ASUU was banned for 2 good yrs. And in 1990 due to the calmness of ASUU, the military felt it will be nice to pardon them and reinstall ASUU. The military would ve as well banned ASUU permanently. Come 4th Dec, ASUU will be thrown out of the university community if they fail to call off the strike. This is nt a child threat, this is wat the FG ve already started. You can also see that the police are already on ground to boast security and arrest any aota of protest by the sackd lecturers. The FG ve foreseen ds coming, and they ve long ago even b4 the meeting with ASUU prepared 4 plan 'B'. So if u tink dat ds is a child threat, then, be prepare to start calling the FG names bc the lecturers, as many that will nt resume duty will be thrown out of the university environment.
u have been made one P.A to somebody why will u not speak trash mark u one day dey will still sack u for no course dat is ur Govt
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Kei144(m): 6:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
ASUU's recalcitrance is based on the belief that if ASUU could not be intimidated by FG in the past and so forever FG can never intimidate ASUU. This shows the inventive or strategising capacity of ASUU members. If ASUU is fighting a life-and-death war, this is the kind of strategy they will employ. Have they considered the difference between Abacha-to-Obasanjo days and today? How prevalent was the Internet during Abacha-to-Obasanjo days? Is ASUU aware that around July this year, Jigawa State University advertized for academic vacancies and got close to zero response from Nigerians? But the Jigawa State government quickly used the Internet to recruit more-than-enough Indian lecturers. Our ivory towers are occupied by a bunch of people who cannot strategize.

Imagine the President of Nigeria granting ASUU 13 hours of negotiation and then making reasonable offer to them. If ASUU were wise, they would have quickly convened their NEC before the end of that week and issued statement like: "To show our respect to the President, we hereby call off this strike, believing that our President is an honorable man." Respect is reciprocal. Instead what ASUU has done is to show the world that the President is not greater than them and so deserves no honor or respect. They delay for more than two weeks and then demand for another 13 hours with the President. I used to think that it is only Igbos that do not know how to respect "kings", but now it dawns on me that even a Bini man with centuries of monarchial culture is not different from Igbos; even Yorubas and Hausa-Fulanis. I now strongly believe that a set of wrong people are occupying our ivory towers. The FG should use this opportunity to do something about it.

5 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by brightlomo(m): 6:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
u better quickly call of dat useless strike dat u are on, if not u are risking ur job. anyway there are a lot of graduate out their seeking for job.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
How insensitive of the FG to ask ASUU to resume the same date of the burial of Prof Festus Iyayi

Cluelessness in Human form!
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by frankyychiji(f): 6:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
otijah: If ASUU like they should speak rubbish, whenever fG like they will dismiss all of them including their basket mouth president. Wetin be that his name sef?
Alhaji FAGge grin grin
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by frankyychiji(f): 6:50pm On Nov 29, 2013
stagger:

Mr man, Abacha not only wrote sack letter, he issued eviction notices from their official residences. DID IT WORK? NO.

We are not in a military era. The use of such language by government will only fuel the suspicions of the striking lecturers. A typical lecturer is 10 years in the making, 20 years or more for Professors.

Ok, where will the government recruit the new lecturers from? FROM YOUR VILLAGE?
yes from ur village. You are still a learner. Not alll d lecturers wl remain adamant. Has some universities not been rearing to open while some had even opened since two weeks ago. Wait n see others succeed where Abacha Failed. If Fashola called d doctors back, it was only because theyy sent a powerful delegation to beg d governor. Even at that, d striking doctors have learnt their lessons about been too rigid!!!
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Liverpoolfc(m): 6:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
tm-tech:
I hope the attitudes of our lecturers towards teaching will improve after resumption....cos ASUU members are only concerned abt structural development and increase in salary.....
Yet there are other germane issue undiscussed....lyk the way lecturers come to class with a note of 10yrs and wouldn't even bother to explain or update and so many other human(intrinsic) factors militating against the standard of edu in naija
God bless you. One of my lecturer back then in AAU college of medicine taking physiology practical class has nothing called update in his dictionary. He even try to read his note for us dt he was given in 1988 in unilag. Some times, he skip some words in can't see in his own old note. The man too was a saddist as he always try to intimidate students with his wicked way of reading old note cos he dnt lecture.
Sincerely there are many unaddressed issues in Nigeria universities

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by frankyychiji(f): 6:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
priscaoge: The fate of Nigerian students lies in the hands of bunch of fools(FG & ASUU)...That dude you guys call GEJ was once a teacher so also is his wife,He was among those who signed that deal so Y is he misbehaving?? BTW where is his Silent 2nd wife and kids? Abroad I guess...Mstchewwwwwwww..Even ASUP strike sef is a dead issue. God is watching you all via His Plasma TV
A typical nigerian woman. Always talking out of point. Pls move over to d romance section and make ur contributions there. We aint keeping up wt d kardasians in this section. Thanks madam.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Adetula1(m): 6:59pm On Nov 29, 2013
stagger:

fu.k your analysis and examples.so FG should keep dancing to the dictates if this unserious ASUU that have been bought over by opposition party n waste the youthful age of our students.you seems to forget that some the lecturers n so called professors startd from assistant lecturer.if you dont like education,dnt discourage others.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Gorgeous58(f): 7:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
This ASUU/FG wahala don tire person,abeg make dem call this strike off joor...
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by frankyychiji(f): 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
stagger:

Says who? In 1996 a Professor was earning N10,000. Some soldiers were earning N3,000. Salaries were raised when Abacha died and Abdulsalam came to power. What was the purchasing power of the salaries then? Inflation then was also at 70%. What is the inflation rate now?

7percent. And sanusi has said it wd be under 4percent by 2015.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Alleinad(f): 7:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
frankyychiji: A typical nigerian woman. Always talking out of point. Pls move over to d romance section and make ur contributions there. We aint keeping up wt d kardasians in this section. Thanks madam.
you shouldn't speak to a lady that way. She has a right to air her views just like you and even if your views clash, derogatory statements are not the way to express your anger.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by chimex38: 7:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
stagger:

see as ur gum take cova ur teeth as u dey read dat last silly sentence of urs.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Reference(m): 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
phillippiano: Abeg,w hich episode we dey??

Starwars Episode 5: 'The Empire Strikes Back'. Before that, Episode 4: 'A New Hope'. Don't worry the last episode is good. 'Return of the Jedi'. Me I want to understand how we got into this mess so am watching 'Phantom Menace'.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by frankyychiji(f): 7:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
Akainzo:

I wonder how you reason. So ALL lecturers belong to the opposition? There are no PDP supporters, sympathizers or even relations of PDP politicians that are lecturers?

WHat this could mean is that learned, intelligent and upright people are not within the PDP fold.
No. Rather what it means is that not all d lecturers are in support of this ASUU prolonged strike. They have started singing in diff tunes already. Come dec4, most of them wl Go back to d classrooms while those politcally motivated will defy d order and would bcome d scapegoats.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by buzreal(m): 7:41pm On Nov 29, 2013
ok

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by frankyychiji(f): 7:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
odua son: What a load of sanctimonious verbiage,where is the otueke dullard going to get new lecturers from??.Answer this question and stop writing meaningless epistles.
Odua dullard, are u saying that if ur father opens ten knew universities today he won't find qualified lectures to employ?
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Bolurx(m): 7:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
My sister told me she walked into Ghanaian immigrations one day only to see numerous students applying for studies in Ghana

Both FG and ASUU are theives. Using our future to practice season film. Once they start dying one by one, they'll find a lasting solution to this thriller film.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Maritime Academy Of Nigeria Oron Registeration / Idogbo Secondary Students Edo Destroy School Properties, Attack Principal, Polic / Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.