Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,341 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers (31638 Views)

Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by iHustle(m): 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
chimex38: To ASUU president, until sack letter appear 4 ur table, ur eye go clear.
U go tell me whether na FG. get schl or ASUU abi na Mgmt. Mtchwww.....

I don't think our academicians are afraid of getting sacked. Private universities are already recruiting some of them, and other African countries want to poach them.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Nobody: 10:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
Wait o ..pls am confused here wat about d students na..should we go to school or not ..ah cant imagine some of my course mates travellin down 4rm lagos n others just to find out dat lecturers didnt resume n fg couldn't do anytin...any way if i hear say uniben start exam dis year inside dis commotion hmmmm.....i comment ma reserve
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by lymelyte(m): 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
mvem: ......Are u learner...why are u behaving mad....The military have done it and did not work...do u know abacha even arrested and detained ASUU officials in d 90s ...u must be a teenager....Let us learn from history and u re stupid for commenting foolishly
What kind of history are you talking about? So because abacha plot did not work,it now means jonathan plot will not work? Be reasonable..new era,new measures. Do you know that there is division among ASUU members at the moment? I don't think you are aware. No,they should wait for obama to come and reaffirm them of the implementation of the agreement.. foolish lazy f00lz

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Nobody: 10:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
Greedy, Wicked and heartless lecturers
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by wogorparadise: 10:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
chimex38: To ASUU president, until sack letter appear 4 ur table, ur eye go clear.
U go tell me whether na FG. get schl or ASUU abi na Mgmt. Mtchwww.....
no mind them, u go see speed wen them go use go sign attendance on the 4th dec
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Izeiza: 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2013
ddeola: Fellow Nigerians, it's high time we sack this government. Or how on earth can a non-performing government be threatening those they have disabled from performing ?

U can say that again. U're right on point.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by godsony: 10:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][b][/b]Let us EMPLOY WIKE THUGS to replace
The prfessors . WhO was the duns that appointed WIKE education minister?
He is just a bus Park tout. Jonathan take advice from pple like this?
LITTLE WONDER WHY NIGERIA IS LIKE THIS
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by ZacckyOchai: 11:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
How long shall this go on? I think we need a revolution in this hopeless country
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Izeiza: 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
It is unfortunate the stakeholders, parents whose children are affected & d students, have left ASUU strike 4 d people in govt., whose children are studying outside d shores of this land. It is obvious this govt does not want more graduates that will add to d already saturated unemployment market.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Bulcqlay(m): 11:17pm On Nov 29, 2013
In dis lyf, soldier go soldier cum, iru olohun ni osi o, iru eyan po repete [if d 60% cn resume bak to wrk, is enuf. D rest 40 wont be difficult to replace atall. Nd to some fool dat says where are dey going to c peeps to recruit, dnt worry wait nd luk. Fg i dey enjoy ur motive jawe
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by GboyegaD(m): 12:32am On Nov 30, 2013
A clear indication that the FG isn't willing to honor the agreement. Anyways, it is certain the FG can't go the route of sacking the lecturers so they had better play ball.
For those clamoring the sack, kudos to you but note, if the present breed of lecturers aren't giving the best in terms of education, I wonder what your new breed lecturers will offer as the terms of their employment will be worse which implies that they most likely will do worst than this ones except that they may not embark on strike.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by GboyegaD(m): 12:35am On Nov 30, 2013
e.code:
They should go back to the classroom. Hope they still remember what happened between The Lagos state government and the striking doctors few years back. Obama will need to plead with the federal government on their behalf when they are sack for failing to resume work after the deadline date. Bunch of unserious elements who think they can always have their way by holding the government to ransom and frustrating the students.

Yet your likes complain that the government isn't meeting expectations. You talk from both sides of the mouth, a real Nigerian you are.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by GboyegaD(m): 12:36am On Nov 30, 2013
Bulcqlay: In dis lyf, soldier go soldier cum, iru olohun ni osi o, iru eyan po repete [if d 60% cn resume bak to wrk, is enuf. D rest 40 wont be difficult to replace atall. Nd to some fool dat says where are dey going to c peeps to recruit, dnt worry wait nd luk. Fg i dey enjoy ur motive jawe

Yet your likes complain about our government. Very reason why Nigeria cannot get better in this generation because many of us are very selfish.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by brownlord: 2:54am On Nov 30, 2013
Thankgodtt: Now I clearly see dat this assu ppl won't to destroy my academic carer [size=20pt](BROS NO VEX, CAREER YES BUT ACADEMIC CAREER...NO)[/size]--- xo selfish-- opon everything Gej tried doing, u guyz still dnt want to listing-i

Plz. How can 1 get admission in Ghana. Plz pm me if u hav useful information....

Assu--- I just hope non of ur kids are in skul

Honestly my friend, you better remain here in Nigeria, no matter what Delsu, Adamawa poly and the likes can tolerate you, no Ghanaian uni. would accept this from you.

Did i hear you say academic career with this kind of oluwole grammer? kai nja no be every body must go school now

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by kehindesalisu: 6:17am On Nov 30, 2013
Good people of this great forum site I greet you!!!!!!!......I want to say u guys are doing a hell of a job here and I hail u guys but what I don't understand is why most of we grown ups post comments on this site like 'babes'......u see this current ASUU strike is a simple nd short thing which is for the F.G to give this people what they want,I know it might sound or look like ASUU is asking for too much but they aren't,they are simply fighting for their right.not trynna sound spiritual buh d last time I checked the holy book said give what is to ceaser that is ceasers and give what is to God to our heavenly father so I wonder most of the comments r 'castigatory' towards ASUU, don't forget the federal government is the cause of all This brouhaha......there was a 2009 agreement they had with each other that was nt fufilled by the F.G....that's enuf reason fr them to tackle the f.g.....we students are suffering this problem buh we also should know they are fighting for all of us(ASUU nd studnts) nd nt themselves alone like we students on this forum think.F.G do the needful and give ASUU what they want......the gospel truth is that it costs the F.G noin and they know it.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Lumic(m): 6:34am On Nov 30, 2013
ASUU is not a government body,why Ar they stressing dem sef over nothing, Dis crazy. if they government refused to drop d money they requested for nothing will still happen, ASUU is just full with twisted Pple who think about demsef o nly.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Cabsso(m): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2013
otijah: If ASUU like they should speak rubbish, whenever fG like they will dismiss all of them including their basket mouth president. Wetin be that his name sef?
Heey dis film 2mak sense die e b lik say we go resume sch soon o hmm wetin b dat my matric-no again? My God nutin gum my brain again wia me wan start frm nw ooooooooo!
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Cabsso(m): 7:07am On Nov 30, 2013
Diamond dris: Oh my God...am happy...i cant wait to start school...am a new recruit....
U dey hapi for ur mind dem go call am off abi beta go sleep cos dis our ASUU r intelligent more dan Gej
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by igala1(m): 7:58am On Nov 30, 2013
When kindergartens take to rulership this is what you get. How would FG sack lecturers with a deadline 4th Dec same day ASUU commences burial programme of their slain colleague. Should FG be there to commiserate with them on their loss? Should FG attempt to continue the sack based on this new information, then ASUU would win the public sympathy. Wike is a learner
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by onoja85(m): 8:40am On Nov 30, 2013
Mavor: Yep, am sure FG is making plans for replacement. Better to use that money and hire quality teachers from abroad, even on part time basis than to succumb to the ransom of all these greedy quacks.
u sound lik a fool wen u said dey should employ foreign lecturers
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Nweike1: 9:57am On Nov 30, 2013
Make fg honour their agreement with ASUU and the lecturers will resume asap. Simple!
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Mozarinia(m): 10:12am On Nov 30, 2013
stagger:

Mr man, Abacha not only wrote sack letter, he issued eviction notices from their official residences. DID IT WORK? NO.

Fashola that sacked doctors: did he not call them back?

We are not in a military era. The use of such language by government will only fuel the suspicions of the striking lecturers. A typical lecturer is 10 years in the making, 20 years or more for Professors.

Ok, where will the government recruit the new lecturers from? FROM YOUR VILLAGE?
Does this guy know the number of unemployed intellectual, anointed and potential graduates who can and are ready to do the job?
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by DBET: 10:20am On Nov 30, 2013
ASUU what u're doing 2 we student is not fair,ASUU is requesting for 5 month salary,lecture dat is not taught by we student and they were now expecting FG 2 pay them such a huge amount of money,i dey laugh o
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by excelkoms: 10:47am On Nov 30, 2013
ladepete: All this children sef. Have you forgotten ow the things goes. You have junior lecturers, lecturer 1, graduate assistant, senior lecturers,drs, associate professors, professors etc. When u sack all, where do u start from? Maybe we will start with prof jega, he will resign as inec chairman and resume as a lecturer in one of the unis, then GEJ was a lecturer, he will resign as the president and lecture in one of the zoology department in the numerous unis we have. Need I remind some people that the units are even short of lecturerers. I remember a lecturer handling 3 of my courses in 500l. Engineering for that matter. And you want to sack the ones u have? Maybe u guys want all ur lecturers to be graduate assistants/ junior lecturers.
You think experienced candidates will rush for the job so that tmr you can saack them too when they start making their demands too. Most of the students shouting they want to go back are just interested in the freedom, scamming parents, partying,bleeping of babes, clubbing etc. Cos if you have a common sense you will knw the implications of what is happening. They tried during the military era without success. How long will the police remain on campuses, when they are meant to be out there fighting crimes.

Why are u guys getting angry this guys are demanding for money? @ least this guys are doing some measure of work unlike the govt officials that keep embezzling money without results. Less than 500 bunch of 'people' eat 30% of the annual budget every yr. Haba u people should think well on this.

Their salaries have been budgeted for. If they don't pay them who will eat the money? Do you guys actually prefer some bunch of politicians to actually eat that money again knowing fully well it will never fnd its way to the national treasury again rather it will be embezzled again with no records. FG caused the strike in the 1st place.
so, ar u convinced dt all d lecturers will nt resume? Or u fink all lecturers ar strongly supporting dis strike?
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Hearme(m): 10:52am On Nov 30, 2013
deletrue: If you want to know how many professors, doctors etc that are available, awaiting for any slightest employment opportunity, ask those who attended Dangoti group of companies during the drivers interview.

A sound PhD holder can not be jobless with all our universities lacking in manpower. Those who went to Dangote knows what they are looking for. You only need to fly out of this country for once and see how things are been organized, including the educational system.

Its a shame that people like you will go and collect rice and 1K to vote next year. We can't continue in a system full of looting. FIRS tax on Non oil revenue is about 2trillion, Customs returns is about 1trillion, not to talk about Oil which that they say is the main source of revenue. 2014 budget is estimated at 4.7 trillion. Will you say that Nigeria only raise 1.7trillion from oil per annum if you include revenue from customs and FIRS. Our leaders are not sincere and they will remain like that unless we start making them accountable.

How long will it take to construct Lokoja-Abuja road? Since OBJ Regime. They pump billions to those roads yearly and we don't see it. Thank God the one they always loot by deceiving us with PHCN is about over. What sane country will have fuel and don't have a functional refinery.

If this ASUU strike will lead to a revolution please bring it on. In 1year fixed charge with PHCN has moved from 250 naira to 750naira. Whether you have light or not you must pay. 4K was loaded in my house since August ending I still have 22units left, yet I spend about 8k montly on generator for few hours per day. Don't even mention water. Every home now has a borehole or a well. You are either drinking pure water or seaway.
Our hospitals are also bad.

This all buoys down to why our leaders have their children in foreign schools and go outside for medical care. The hands here are capable of offering such services but corruption will not agree. We have thousands of academics out of this country and doing very well. Not to talk of Doctors,Nurses etc, We can replicate the same here.
When wil we ever be wise. The sum of money Nigerians pay in Ghana for fees is about the same amount we budget for the entire universities in the country, not to talk about UK and US. If we make our system work well like it use to be before, we can attract back foreigners to our schools both as students and lecturers' and with that alone we will raise more. Money for the nation. It is a pity that even the minister does not recognize education as a business that can raise good money for the country. If they know, then the assumption of deliberately killing government schools to grow their private universities is true

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Hearme(m): 11:11am On Nov 30, 2013
robo247: [b][/b]
Professors my ass. Professors that doesnt have what it takes to be called that name. Calling them profs is a misnomer pls.
ASUU gas gone WILD.

Pele College of Education student. You have only either seen only one Prof in your life or none. Because the only Prof would be the Provost who will never come to you class to teach you. Stop posing as a university student. May be you are even a secondary school drop out from the E who turned trader. You might need Wike's help with the almajiris school programme and that for those who dropout to go into trading. LOL
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by michealade(m): 11:34am On Nov 30, 2013
Hearme:

Pele College of Education student. You have only either seen only one Prof in your life or none. Because the only Prof would be the Provost who will never come to you class to teach you. Stop posing as a university student. May be you are even a secondary school drop out from the E who turned trader. You might need Wike's help with the almajiris school programme and that for those who dropout to go into trading. LOL
chai baba u dey vex o
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Hearme(m): 11:42am On Nov 30, 2013
Kei144:

Imagine the President of Nigeria granting ASUU 13 hours of negotiation and then making reasonable offer to them. If ASUU were wise, they would have quickly convened their NEC before the end of that week and issued statement like: "To show our respect to the President, we hereby call off this strike, believing that our President is an honorable man." Respect is reciprocal. Instead what ASUU has done is to show the world that the President is not greater than them and so deserves no honor or respect. They delay for more than two weeks and then demand for another 13 hours with the President. I used to think that it is only Igbos that do not know how to respect "kings", but now it dawns on me that even a Bini man with centuries of monarchial culture is not different from Igbos; even Yorubas and Hausa-Fulanis. I now strongly believe that a set of wrong people are occupying our ivory towers. The FG should use this opportunity to do something about it.

You write like a wise man, but your position is very wrong because it seems you lack knowledge of what's going on. The same president was part of the agreement as a vice.president and was on ground as president in 2012 when a memorandum of understanding was signed. If this two process failed, and the senate president can say those people who negotiated for government do not know their left from right, don't you think that it is wise for ASUU to get a commitment letter from Mr president or from the Attorney General of the federation (the most senior learned colleague and gov't legal officer) who knows his left from his right to sign the document rather than allow a perm sec to do so again. To prove that government is not sincere, when the vice president negotiated with ASUU, we all recalled that he was told to make it black and white, that is to say ASUU was ready to shift ground long ago, but needed evidence that government would not disappoint again.

In addition to this, universities have received award letters from government since September for infrastructure from the 100billion Suswan claimed to have raised. At this moment, no school has received a kobo after 3months. Is that not the same money ASUU is telling government to disburse and sign a binding letter? It just shows that there was no money anywhere to pump to this schools. And I also suspect that delay in the budget might not be due to disagreement on fuel benchmark alone but a ploy to allow ASUU call of and then the present 7% to education in the budget.

lets put all sentiments such as religion, ethnics and zones apart, and face the real deal. ASUU IS MADE UP OF PEOPLE ALONG THIS DIFFERENT LINE OF RELIGION, ZONE AND TRIBE, YET THEY ARE UNITED AND PURPOSEFUL. WHAT MAKES THEM SO STRONG IS A SIMPLE FACT THAT THEY ARE ALL INTELLECTUALS AND THE GOVERNMENT KNOWS IT IS DIFFICULT TO BRUSH THEM ASIDE.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Hearme(m): 12:12pm On Nov 30, 2013
Gabbysky:

Oga this your grammar is too long, you de resume or not? leave Wike's matter alone
Simple, if you don't resume work by Dec 4, you my learned friend will be sacked and there's no f**king shyte you or anyone can do about it.
If you like go and work in Pluto, that's your own kettle of fish, but to say the Nigerian Students should keep staying at home while you and your stew.pid lots keep receiving salaries for jobs not executed - is very wicked and foolish to say the least.

Before it was NO WORK - NO PAY!
Now it's NO WORK - GET SACKED!!

Why did the no work no pay work? Do you think the no work get sacked will work? The only reason it will not work is because government has refused to train people or inject money to research which will make PhD students graduate quickly and many other students interested in running a PhD. If the country has 400,000 PhD holders of working class out of her 160million population, that number alone will be enough to make no work get sacked work at least to an extent. It is a shame that our universities boast of less than 35 000 PhD holders and I doubt if you will get another 100 PhD holders who are without jobs. This is because it takes a minimum of 2-3 million plus several mental work to run a PhD in Nigeria. The rich men children who can afford it don't want mental stress, while those who cannot afford the pay find it challenging to cope. Thus many people abandon the program. Those who get assistant lecturing job end up using their salaries to run the program.

So ask your self this question, will it work? The reason Gov Fashola bulged was not because he was that powerful nor week. It is because consultants are very few around. About 60% of graduate medical students from Unilag move out of the country yearly. At the moment, house officers are yet to be paid 7-8months house job allowance due to government policy. Do you think those guys won't use the money when paid to seek greener pasture out of this country. RESIDENTS went on strike and called off about 2 months ago yet these young lads are yet to be paid. If by Jan 1 they decide to begin another strike Nigerians will be saying they should consider the sick. Can a hungry man do the right thing? Think well and stop letting PDP things affect you.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Hearme(m): 12:20pm On Nov 30, 2013
spenca:

there is no association that all members agree its not just possible but to clarify your ignorance most lecturers criticizing ASUU are members of SANUU

Please don't misinform your self and others. No Academic staff is a member of SSANU.

ASUU for Academics
NAAT for technologists
SSANU for level 6 and above non technical and non academic staff and
NASU for level 1-5 non technical and non academic staff.

So all academics belong to ASUU. Including a graduate assistant if employed by the university.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by Hearme(m): 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2013
iHustle:

I don't think our academicians are afraid of getting sacked. Private universities are already recruiting some of them, and other African countries want to poach them.

Such as Ghana were Nigerians pay 2million naira per session. Others include Kenya, Botswana and SA. The brain drain will continue. Let government keep training people only to export them out.
Re: ASUU Dismisses Fg’s Threat To Sack Lecturers by tunex23: 12:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
Hearme:

You write like a wise man, but your position is very wrong because it seems you lack knowledge of what's going on. The same president was part of the agreement as a vice.president and was on ground as president in 2012 when a memorandum of understanding was signed. If this two process failed, and the senate president can say those people who negotiated for government do not know their left from right, don't you think that it is wise for ASUU to get a commitment letter from Mr president or from the Attorney General of the federation (the most senior learned colleague and gov't legal officer) who knows his left from his right to sign the document rather than allow a perm sec to do so again. To prove that government is not sincere, when the vice president negotiated with ASUU, we all recalled that he was told to make it black and white, that is to say ASUU was ready to shift ground long ago, but needed evidence that government would not disappoint again.

In addition to this, universities have received award letters from government since September for infrastructure from the 100billion Suswan claimed to have raised. At this moment, no school has received a kobo after 3months. Is that not the same money ASUU is telling government to disburse and sign a binding letter? It just shows that there was no money anywhere to pump to this schools. And I also suspect that delay in the budget might not be due to disagreement on fuel benchmark alone but a ploy to allow ASUU call of and then the present 7% to education in the budget.

lets put all sentiments such as religion, ethnics and zones apart, and face the real deal. ASUU IS MADE UP OF PEOPLE ALONG THIS DIFFERENT LINE OF RELIGION, ZONE AND TRIBE, YET THEY ARE UNITED AND PURPOSEFUL. WHAT MAKES THEM SO STRONG IS A SIMPLE FACT THAT THEY ARE ALL INTELLECTUALS AND THE GOVERNMENT KNOWS IT IS DIFFICULT TO BRUSH THEM ASIDE.

GBAM!!! The most reasonable comment I have read since the ASUU strike begin. People like you should be in GEJ CABINET and not the "Tout" Wike.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Maritime Academy Of Nigeria Oron Registeration / Idogbo Secondary Students Edo Destroy School Properties, Attack Principal, Polic / Ochuwa Momoh George Completes Her PhD With 5.0 CPGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.