Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State (24638 Views)

Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms / Minor Could Be A Bride Stop The Fuse And Get Educated-muslim's View On Underage / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Logicbwoy: 1:41pm On Dec 02, 2013
BetaThings:

Really?
Please can you quote where you did this type of analysis when Muslims were (and still are) precluded from building a mosque in Rivers State University while the authorities of same University built several churches for Christians
They have even ignored court judgment
Sorry, Christianity CANNOT be an intolerant religion! Only Islam is

But Christians mounted a sustained campaign against Islamic Banking in this "free" country!
I can even be an unwitting victim of the reckless driving by an inebriated motorist.
So outside religion, some people in free countries frown at alcohol because it can fuel violence or accidents
I am scratching my head how Islamic Bank to be funded by private money (just like GT, First, Zenith and other banks) will affect anyone to justify the opposition by Christians
I am sorry, I missed the memo, Christianity CANNOT be an intolerant religion

Here we go. Christians have been fighting against Hijab for ever. What harm it does to them, I cannot fathom
They cane Muslim pupils in PUBLIC schools. When a newspaper reported that Lagos state had banned the Hijab, Christians were agog online
Sorry, I forgot that Christianity CANNOT be an intolerant religion

I have not seen Muslims take a position on a matter that will make Christians commit any sin. None
Christians want Muslims to deal in Riba (a sin) by using conventional banks
Christians want Muslims ladies to expose part of their bodies that Allah require them to cover (a sin)
The FG spending public money put up a national christmas tree in Abuja and ensured members of diplomatic corps were present
This army that would have been screaming against Hijab ban did you seen them? - please can you show me Muslims protesting?
But Islam is intolerant!

Let me ask: what would have been the reaction of CAN if it were a national Eid-el-Mawlid tree?

Hijab is a religious obligation and is compulsory everytime a Muslim lady is outdoors (it is not required at home)
Just like normal societies don't ask people to go out in the nude and take their baths at home with their clothes on
Banning alcohol is not an attack on any religion - it is not a religious duty - we should not mix dissimilar issues

BTW If people want to get drunk, they should be free to provided they don't run me over
However even Guinness recommends people start drinking as from 6pm

As for VAT, I support isolating VAT income from non-halal sources
Allah is sufficient for those who place their trust in him. Muslims should not eat from haram sources

You and vedaxcool have become something else. Dubious to the core in your comments.

There is no need to talk about christianity on this thread or in a reply to Tiarabubus comment.

The fact remains that the destruction of the bottles of alcohol is wrong.

Tbaba and his minions are trying to spin the issue to talk about location and sharia areas.

Why not just send the truck back to a place where drinking is allowed.

The argument about location is false. The truck won't deposit the crates of beer in a muslim's house....it would have been going to a bar or depot....and they weren't selling from the truck to pesdestrians.......none of the reports state that.

All I see is hypocrisy....where the same muslims that were up in arms about the banning of hijab are here using style to support this intolerance

7 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by vedaxcool(m): 2:39pm On Dec 02, 2013

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by BetaThings: 6:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
Logicbwoy: You and vedaxcool have become something else. Dubious to the core in your comments.

There is no need to talk about christianity on this thread or in a reply to Tiarabubus comment.

Actually what you think does not matter in the LEAST. It does not matter either way. I mean this ABSOLUTELY
You have never commended anyone unless he/she is critical of Islam
Anyway Muslims will not compromise - NO to f.a.g.g.ot.ry

8 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Logicbwoy: 7:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
BetaThings:

Actually what you think does not matter in the LEAST. It does not matter either way. I mean this ABSOLUTELY

Wow....such a mature and sensible reply.

First of all, the issue is about alcohol n sharia.
Secondly, you are mistaken if you think that I am gay.
Thirdly 'fa.ggot' is a demeaning term towards gays. It is a sign of bigotry.

4 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
BetaThings:

Lol

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Logicbwoy: 7:57pm On Dec 02, 2013
How ironic.......a judas on the islam section. Smh
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by vedaxcool(m): 8:09pm On Dec 02, 2013
aManFromMars:
Lol

Abeg make unah no give my pikin high BP oh, grin grin grin grin grin we never recoup the investment wey we put for im education! grin grin grin
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by tiarabubu: 10:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
BetaThings:

Really?
Please can you quote where you did this type of analysis when Muslims were (and still are) precluded from building a mosque in Rivers State University while the authorities of same University built several churches for Christians
They have even ignored court judgment
Sorry, Christianity CANNOT be an intolerant religion! Only Islam is

But Christians mounted a sustained campaign against Islamic Banking in this "free" country!
I can even be an unwitting victim of the reckless driving by an inebriated motorist.
So outside religion, some people in free countries frown at alcohol because it can fuel violence or accidents
I am scratching my head how Islamic Bank to be funded by private money (just like GT, First, Zenith and other banks) will affect anyone to justify the opposition by Christians
I am sorry, I missed the memo, Christianity CANNOT be an intolerant religion

Here we go. Christians have been fighting against Hijab for ever. What harm it does to them, I cannot fathom
They cane Muslim pupils in PUBLIC schools. When a newspaper reported that Lagos state had banned the Hijab, Christians were agog online
Sorry, I forgot that Christianity CANNOT be an intolerant religion

I have not seen Muslims take a position on a matter that will make Christians commit any sin. None
Christians want Muslims to deal in Riba (a sin) by using conventional banks
Christians want Muslims ladies to expose part of their bodies that Allah require them to cover (a sin)
The FG spending public money put up a national christmas tree in Abuja and ensured members of diplomatic corps were present
This army that would have been screaming against Hijab ban did you seen them? - please can you show me Muslims protesting?
But Islam is intolerant!

Let me ask: what would have been the reaction of CAN if it were a national Eid-el-Mawlid tree?

Hijab is a religious obligation and is compulsory everytime a Muslim lady is outdoors (it is not required at home)
Just like normal societies don't ask people to go out in the nude and take their baths at home with their clothes on
Banning alcohol is not an attack on any religion - it is not a religious duty - we should not mix dissimilar issues

BTW If people want to get drunk, they should be free to provided they don't run me over
However even Guinness recommends people start drinking as from 6pm

As for VAT, I support isolating VAT income from non-halal sources
Allah is sufficient for those who place their trust in him. Muslims should not eat from haram sources

Unfortunately, you are not a very good debater that is why I seldom reply you. In your haste to reply you very easily lose context, focus and synergy. I will make an exception today and give a short reply for the sake of your minions. And by the way, the answer to Muslim's missteps is not "Non-Muslims did it too" or "Non-Muslims caused it".

Unfortunately, comparing the biased action of a University with that of a whole State like kano confirms your lack of ability to balance an argument. Unfortunately for you, what you are saying this has been a reoccuring complaint of the Non-Muslim community in places like UDU and even KSU. It is no qualms for Kastina state to build 34 of Mosques with government funds (over a quarter of a billion naira) while some of its citizens are non-muslims and it has more pressing socioeconomic problems! But I let it be so you go figure.

The resistance to Islamic banking was about the CBN using government money to promote a bank that is based on religion. This was the reason for the opposition - e.g. setting up of "expert Council" within the CBN made up of Islamic Scholars, using CBN money to promote the bank etc. That was CAN's official position. Of course, others misunderstood, misinterpreted and of course even some Christians misunderstood CAN's official position. CAN's position carried the day as CBN allowed private individuals to fund the bank and did not carry out that misstep of using government money to spend on a religious based bank. And crucially, there were no burning of mosques and murders etc during the Islamic banking debate.

As per your opposition to drinking, thats your problem. As bad as it is, as long as it is not illegal, you can only persuade people through education and reason not some brute force 16 century style of coercion.

As per people not covering up... What is your idea of covering up? If a lady dresses normally and decently and you are still hot under the collar because of exposed hair or face, check yourself. Its your twisted perverted mind that is the problem and not the girl.

As per the Christmas tree, you are joking right? When Muslims were at the helm and bought hundreds of goats and distributed during sallah at the government expense, who complained? Did you know the Minister of FCT and almost all northern governors distributed rams with government money too? Who protested? I was in Nigeria during the last Sallah and many major intersections in Abuja had large signboards proclaiming Sallah greetings from the MFCT, who protested? In fact I will stop here before I unwittingly become guilty of what I am accusing you of.

Just know that Kano was wrong in that action, pure and simple. That action should be judged for what it is . Claiming non-muslims "actions" as the basis for the action is sooooo lame.

36 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 03, 2013
tiarabubu:

Unfortunately, you are not a very good debater that is why I seldom reply you. In your haste to reply you very easily lose context, focus and synergy. I will make an exception today and give a short reply for the sake of your minions. And by the way, the answer to Muslim's missteps is not "Non-Muslims did it too" or "Non-Muslims caused it".

Unfortunately, comparing the biased action of a University with that of a whole State like kano confirms your lack of ability to balance an argument. Unfortunately for you, what you are saying this has been a reoccuring complaint of the Non-Muslim community in places like UDU and even KSU. It is no qualms for Kastina state to build 34 of Mosques with government funds (over a quarter of a billion naira) while some of its citizens are non-muslims and it has more pressing socioeconomic problems! But I let it be so you go figure.

The resistance to Islamic banking was about the CBN using government money to promote a bank that is based on religion. This was the reason for the opposition - e.g. setting up of "expert Council" within the CBN made up of Islamic Scholars, using CBN money to promote the bank etc. That was CAN's official position. Of course, others misunderstood, misinterpreted and of course even some Christians misunderstood CAN's official position. CAN's position carried the day as CBN allowed private individuals to fund the bank and did not carry out that misstep of using government money to spend on a religious based bank. And crucially, there were no burning of mosques and murders etc during the Islamic banking debate.

As per your opposition to drinking, thats your problem. As bad as it is, as long as it is not illegal, you can only persuade people through education and reason not some brute force 16 century style of coercion.

As per people not covering up... What is your idea of covering up? If a lady dresses normally and decently and you are still hot under the collar because of exposed hair or face, check yourself. Its your twisted perverted mind that is the problem and not the girl.

As per the Christmas tree, you are joking right? When Muslims were at the helm and bought hundreds of goats and distributed during sallah at the government expense, who complained? Did you know the Minister of FCT and almost all northern governors distributed rams with government money too? Who protested? I was in Nigeria during the last Sallah and many major intersections in Abuja had large signboards proclaiming Sallah greetings from the MFCT, who protested? In fact I will stop here before I unwittingly become guilty of what I am accusing you of

Just know that Kano was wrong in that action, pure and simple. That action should be judged for what it is . Claiming non-muslims "actions" as the basis for the action is sooooo lame.

grin grin grin
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Logicbwoy: 4:49am On Dec 04, 2013
tiarabubu:

As per the Christmas tree, you are joking right? When Muslims were at the helm and bought hundreds of goats and distributed during sallah at the government expense, who complained? Did you know the Minister of FCT and almost all northern governors distributed rams with government money too? Who protested? I was in Nigeria during the last Sallah and many major intersections in Abuja had large signboards proclaiming Sallah greetings from the MFCT, who protested? In fact I will stop here before I unwittingly become guilty of what I am accusing you of.

It's enough, even the op (not Deols) sees their hypocrisy on this matter.

Is this not the same section that allowed a thread claiming that Muhammad invented the toothbrush get to the front page?
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 04, 2013
Logicbwoy: How ironic.......a judas on the islam section. Smh
A Christian women basher on the Islamic section. Amazing.

Deols is Muslim, btw. Spare her your butthurt. Lol.

Logicbwoy:

It's enough, even the op (not Deols) sees their hypocrisy on this matter.

Is this not the same section that allowed a thread claiming that Muhammad invented the toothbrush get to the front page?

How many times will it be drummed into your head that front page threads are picked by the super mods? It wouldn't matter to a troll anyway, trolling is a more effective method of getting things done the way you want. grin grin

@all: The troll has been banned on the religion section, as usual. Try to accommodate him for a while. smiley and be nice.

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Okijajuju1(m): 6:42pm On Dec 04, 2013
deols: Gimba Kakanda writes on facebook-

Sometimes we design our doom without exactly knowing its backlash. Having been a fan and stalker of Kwankwaso, I can understand the expectations of the locals on religion. His predecessor left behind a legacy of shariah he either enforces or be labelled "liberal" - which is a politically correct word for an apostate. He is a politician, a likable one with impressive cult following, and has to play this "religion" card to his advantage.

But the destructions of hundreds of bottles of alcohol in a bid to entrench shariah is an obvious violation of a people's fundamental human rights - the non-Muslims based in Kano are never to be affected by any injunction that is inherently Islamic. If you condemned the reported ban of Islam in Angola, which is not even true, and yet applaud Kwankwaso's militant anti-alcohol campaign which violates the rights of non-Muslims, may God redeem your hypocrisy!

If you don't know the backlash, here is an analogy: one day, a state in eastern Nigeria may consider, say, the calls for prayer from mosques there pollutions, noise pollutions, and for their convenience, they may pass a legislation outlawing that aspect of Muslims' rites. And when we react, they will offer a predictable excuse that we're just a negligible minority and that if we can't obey that, the road across the Niger is open. We abuse each other's rights mindlessly, polarising the country, yet nobody finds the wisdom to sue perpetrators over violations of rights - because it's God's business?

I don't know how long it'll take the black race to evolve into rational humans. This is why the toughest thing in life is being a Blackman. Being born black naturally qualifies you for an activist. You see too many aberrations wherever you turn to: aside from racism, we deal with self-denigrating, intra-racial carnage over hitherto alien ideas and beliefs. Well, we weren't given options to select skin colours of our choice!

What do you think?

[b]Men like this can never be Leaders in Islam..

The hearts/minds and brains of Nigerians (and prolly Africans) must be a really messed up place to be in. A governor of a State that caters for various peoples of different States, religion, ethinicity, beliefs, tradition, customs, e.t.c pass a law that favours one group and people applaud it. Now he has gained more followers by implementing a policy that really and truly adds no real benefit to their lives.

The people who dorpped the bombs in his state in the past were not drunk. Infact, by Islamic tenets, they cant possibly be alcoholics nor drink alcohol at all.

Kwankwaso should have people like this man in his cabinet as advisers so as to control his 'extremist policies'. He has forgotten that he is supposed to be leading both Muslims and all others in his state.

How would Kwankwaso fill if other States of the federation pass laws that are anti-Islam or laws that makes it difficult for muslims to live in these states?!

angry

The problem with this country is not the government, but the people.. angry How did we allow these people become our rulers in the first place?! angry[/b]

4 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
Logicbwoy: ^^^
Stop derailing
Says the banned troll. Banned for derailing, the irony. grin

Okija_juju:
The problem with this country is not the government, but the people.. angry How did we allow these people become our rulers in the first place?! angry
My brother, e taya me.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by madnigerian: 6:48pm On Dec 04, 2013
From a public health viewpoint, banning alcohol has a lot of benefits......so the muslims may not be wrong in banning alcohol(I am a Christian BTW!)

Alcohol is causally related to more than 60 different medical conditions. Overall, 4% of the global burden of disease is attributable to alcohol, which accounts for about as much death and disability globally as tobacco and hypertension. Treatment research shows that early intervention in primary care is feasible and effective, and a variety of behavioural and pharmacological interventions are available to treat alcohol dependence. This evidence suggests that treatment of alcohol-related problems should be incorporated into a public health response to alcohol problems. Additionally, evidence-based preventive measures are available at both the individual and population levels, with alcohol taxes, restrictions on alcohol availability, and drinking-driving countermeasures among the most effective policy options.

SOURCE:http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15705462

Alcoholism and alcohol abuse can increase your risk of many health problems, including:

Bleeding in the digestive tract
Brain cell damage
Brain disorder called Wernicke-Korsakoff syndrome
Cancer of the esophagus, liver, colon, and other areas
Changes in the menstrual cycle (period)
Delirium tremens (DT's)
Dementia and memory loss
Depression and suicide
Erectile dysfunction
Heart damage
High blood pressure
Inflammation of the pancreas (pancreatitis)
Liver disease, including cirrhosis
Nerve damage
Poor nutrition
Sleeping problems (insomnia)
Alcohol use also increases your risk for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and violence.

Drinking alcohol while you are pregnant can lead to severe birth defects in the baby.

SOURCEhttp://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001940/:

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by alphaconde(m): 6:50pm On Dec 04, 2013
Any one against alcohol is a bloody hypocrite.
If alcohol is a sin then everything that we do that has one negative effect on our body or the other is a sin. For instance hard labour.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by madnigerian: 6:53pm On Dec 04, 2013
alpha conde: Any one against alcohol is a bloody hypocrite.
If alcohol is a sin then everything that we do that has one negative effect on our body or the other is a sin. For instance hard labour.

Well I am against alcohol for the following reasons....it can increase your risk of many health problems, including:

Brain cell damage
Delirium tremens (DT's)
Dementia and memory loss
Depression and suicide
Erectile dysfunction
Heart damage
High blood pressure
Nerve damage
Poor nutrition
Alcohol use also increases your risk for sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and violence.

Drinking alcohol while you are pregnant can lead to severe birth defects in the baby.

Source:[url]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001940/

[/url]

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by homesteady(m): 6:54pm On Dec 04, 2013
And the most annoying thing is that Na the hausa people dey drink am pass!
Go to sabon gari any day, it is muslims that use to be more in all beer joints!

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by mmimahbub(m): 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
uboma:

It is you who failed to understand me. I totally agree with the writer and that's why I also offered an advice for him to watch his back because I understand how unreasonable the over zealous ones can be just because of religion. Hence the hypocrites I made reference to couldn't have included him and by extension those who can think beyond their religion and respect the rights of others. Please mind the way you address someone next time.
Thinking beyond religion? Or deep into religion? Which are you referring to. Cos thinking beyond religion is like radicalism which causes all the wrong acts.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by abduldope(m): 7:04pm On Dec 04, 2013
mhn this GURL u fit go GOVt house talk this same thing Daht meAns ure TRULY dEEP! Bt saying it here wont chng anYtn i GUEss
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by olabukola: 7:05pm On Dec 04, 2013
tbaba1234: Deols, what exactly do you agree with? If you decide to implement sharia in a region, one of the implications is that public drinking is banned.

It is simple, you do not have to be politically correct about this.

I do not endorse or outrightly condemn the destruction because I do not know if it is done in line with Islamic principles.

However, we have to be a little circumspect about the opinions, we endorse.
You are very very wrong here. Kano state is Kano state and everybody is free to stay wherever they want irrespective of religion. Unless you want to tell me that Kano is divided along religious affiliation. Again don't forget that the funds received by Kano state from federation account every month includes taxes accrued from selling of alcohols. So if the state don't want anything alcohol let them sieve the contribution made by alcohol tax from their monthly allowance. By doing so everybody will support them when next they carry out such act.

Why wasting the damn beer when they can haul back to where it came from.
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by alphaconde(m): 7:09pm On Dec 04, 2013
mad nigerian:

Well I am against alcohol for the following reasons....it can increase your risk of many health problems, including:

Brain cell damage
Delirium tremens (DT's)
Dementia and memory loss
Depression and suicide
Erectile dysfunction
Heart damage
High blood pressure
Nerve damage
Poor nutrition

Source:[url]http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMH0001940/

[/url]

Give me the disadvantages of using sugar excessively.
So excessive sugar or alcohol or too much work all have one harm or the other to the body. So taking alcohol out and trashing it like a disease is what I don't like. There are other things that damage the man than alcohol does. As for me, am associated with alcohol.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by madnigerian: 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2013
alpha conde:

So excessive sugar or alcohol or too much work all have one harm or the other to the body. So taking alcohol out and trashing it like a disease is what I don't like. There are other things that damage the man than alcohol does. As for me, am associated with alcohol.

Obesity, diabetes, hypertension, tooth decay, organ damage, fatigue....

Better to avoid sugar , and alcohol and be like [url]Jack La Lanne.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_lalanne[/url]

I have answered your question....now answer mine.......can you refute the points I have raised ? With science?

Alcoholisim has a bad effect on the body. Just ask people like Tony Adams(Arsenal and England player and captain 1983-2002).
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 04, 2013
*****modified******
Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Sissie(f): 7:17pm On Dec 04, 2013
alpha conde:

You are comparing alcohol with sugar really!!!!!!!

Alcohol does not only affect the drinker it affects others too, I.e the innocent bystander that gets killed by a drunk driver, the wife that gets molested, etc. The list is endless. Alcoholism is a disease and should be treated as one.

One does not need to be religious to be anti-alcohol.

2 Likes

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by mmimahbub(m): 7:19pm On Dec 04, 2013
[size=14pt]I find it confusing when Christians are struggling to support alcohol and they see anything against it as anti-christianity. It has gone to the extent of even comparing HIJAB in Islam with ALCOHOL in Christianity. Please somebody should clarify it for me...[/size]

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by Sissie(f): 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2013
mmi-mahbub:
[size=14pt]I find it confusing when Christians are struggling to support alcohol and they see anything against it as anti-christianity. It has gone to the extent of even comparing HIJAB in Islam with ALCOHOL in Christianity. Please somebody should clarify it for me...[/size]

I find it amusing that people would compare the both, or think it's anti-Christianity.

Supporting the ban of alcohol is not the same as being anti Christian, some Christians are of the view that alcohol is a sin.

1 Like

Re: A Muslim's View Of The Ban On Alcohol In Kano State by madnigerian: 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2013
[quote author=Sissie]

You are comparing alcohol with sugar really!!!!!!!

Sugar too does have some bad effects on the body......it has been implicated in the US' obesity epidemic.

Once, as an experiment, I went off sugar for five months(except for the odd soft drink). I lost six kilos.

Alcohol does not only affect the drinker it affects others too, I.e the innocent bystander that gets killed by a drunk driver, the wife that gets molested, etc. The list is endless. Alcoholism is a disease and should be treated as one.

Precisely. And it affects the drinker too.....liver cirrhosis is a big problem in many liver patients in our hospitals...irreversible damage to the liver thanks to friend alcohol.

One does not need to be religious to be anti-alcohol.

Exactly.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does The Quran Permit Suicide? / Devoted Muslims Praying Under The Rain. Photos/Video / Sallah Greetings to all Nairaland Muslim Ummah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.