Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,205 members, 7,836,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:12 PM

Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London (22527 Views)

Militants Disrupt Elections In South Ijaw / Aisha Buhari, Ambode, Tinubu At A Wedding Ceremony In Lagos / Protesters Disrupt Award Of Honour To Aviationminister Stella Oduah In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by latipher(f): 10:51am On Nov 30, 2013
smiley
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by IamDebola: 10:55am On Nov 30, 2013
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by chamboy(m): 11:00am On Nov 30, 2013
Ngwakwe: They chose to protest having imbibed all the lies from most scandalous S/West based media sites without confirming the realities. Examples includes;

1. The causes of those Air crashes in relationship to administrative defects emanating from NAMA/NCAA/FAAN and what actually the Minister would have done but neglected.

2. Saharareporters accused Oduah of accepting N120M kickback - conspiracy to assassinate her character/ libel

3. The purchase of the Armoured Cars wasn't initiated by Stella Oduah - Fact

4. Those Cars were not a gift for Stella Oduah rather NCAA assets .

5. That NCAA has already paid for all those Cars while it neglected training of Staff etc - this was also a lie.

6. The Scandal was orchestrated, sponsored and directed/redirected by the Aviation Cabals to get even with her for trampling on their respective interests..

Nigerians should always try to decipher lies and propaganda even when there are resemblances of truth which are modified for selfish or sectional interests.
Dude shut d f up

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by emmddy: 11:04am On Nov 30, 2013
is like APC/ NEW PDP sponsor the protester. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

the action by the protester is political...................... presidency
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by collynzo2(m): 11:05am On Nov 30, 2013
Taiwo? Awolowo? Hmmmm shît has gone international.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by youngchief1: 11:06am On Nov 30, 2013
Tinubu n his FOLLOWES
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by ifeanyi317(m): 11:08am On Nov 30, 2013
Mehn is so shameful
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Tbillz(m): 11:09am On Nov 30, 2013
Which ever party U belong in Nigeria, CORRUPTION is the motto#Up 9ja

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by collynzo2(m): 11:11am On Nov 30, 2013
the warrior72: undecidedShame, the daughters of a Awo has taken their rascality to even foreign land....shame

Anyways, a snake does not give birth to something that is not long.
They will continue to bundle them out like they were in this case. They probably thought they were in Nigeria.
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by patriotic007: 11:11am On Nov 30, 2013
To be fair,there has been transformation in the aviation sector of recent everybody sees that,.....But i wonder were all this protesters were when other aviation ministers were in power?is she the first aviaition minister?is this the first air mishap in Nigeria?They are making me to start believing the conspiracy theorem been sited by her supporters as reason of her persecution,...The yoruba/calabar london lady when last did she visit our airport in Nigeria?they just sit abroad giving Nigerians a bad name SMH

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by 2map(m): 11:12am On Nov 30, 2013
I just had to smh after reading these posts^^. Why should ethnicism be brought into this, I fear for our future!

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by bigmo1(m): 11:14am On Nov 30, 2013
rozayx5: if Stella was from sw.. this issue would have since died down undecided
Died down just like Tafa Balogun's, Patricia Etteh's, Bode George. U̶̲̥̅̊ Igbos celebrate mediocrity so much.

7 Likes

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Perosky89: 11:20am On Nov 30, 2013
I don't know how Nigeria will prosper and overcome the problems we are facing when we can't be one and follow the truth, how can you all be insulting the women who stood up for wat was wrong? Are u ok? The organizers of the event is insulting, Nigeria don't u see dat? If we continue like dis we won't go anywhere we'll be stuck in dis mess called Nigeria until we can say black is black n red, red....

4 Likes

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by 1stola: 11:22am On Nov 30, 2013
Akshow: My problem with the south easterner is that when the media is hot against them, it is witch hunting not minding whether they are guilty or not. But when the table is turned around it is ok. I call that hypocrisy. Was Farouk's scandal not overflogged and trashed by the media? Did u see hausa e warlords on forums shouting and whining foul play? When Tafa and Bode where dealt with by the media for the thief they were, did u hear of yoruba's staging campaign and protesting foul play cos they are "our sons"? Ok.....if those examples are too far, didn't Punch newspaper rightly reported the pathetic state of affairs in Lag state public schools last week? This is a paper adjudged to be 'yoruba' paper when it does not favour southeasterners but they are quick to post the link of the very paper they describe as wack just to rubbish lag state govt. What m saying here is ur people need to stop playing the victim and "witch hunting" card. They need to stop their hypocrisy and senseless support of mediocrity cos of tribal and ethnic affiliation. Shallom

Leave them.
yeye tribalistic tivs.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Ngwakwe: 11:24am On Nov 30, 2013
I would have wanted us to debate the origin, causes and effects of Oduagate intelligently but it's no longer feasible now this thread is on front-page.

What are the salient points I would have wanted us to debate.

1. The outcry against Oduah prior to the Armoured Cars scandal.
2. The whistle blower and his accomplices
3. The sponsors of this highly publicised scandal and their objectives.
4. The pressure and call for Oduah's resignation before any hearing and consequent prosecution.
5. The truth and the lies / errors transmitted or published by the media for the sole purpose of lynching the minister and to force the law enforcement agencies and NASS to declare her guilty and be seen as unbiased and anti-corrupt.
6. Oduah's roles and defence.
7. Sabotage of House Committee's report before it even got to the general House
8. Recommendations of Presidential Committee on Oduagate.

I believe proper analyses from two opposing sides will help neutral/independent minds and consequently influence their opinions and grandstanding.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 30, 2013
Nice one from our people in the Diaspora.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Orikinla(m): 11:25am On Nov 30, 2013
[size=28pt]Managing Director of Nigeria Airspace Management Agency, (NAMA) Nnamdi Udo, was recognized for “excellence” in airspace management?[/size]

THE ORGANIZERS ARE SICK AND SILLY.

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by markovnikoff001(m): 11:27am On Nov 30, 2013
Damn! We play into their hands every f.cking time!! We fight amongs overselves over the verity of the claims, giving them just enough time to cloud the truth even further and bury it even deeper.
Money was misused? Truth.
There was a scandal? Truth.
She was and is still the head of the organisation where there was a scandal? Truth.
She was the head when the flight mishaps took place? Truth.
Following these premises, is she culpable? Of course!
I have seen CEOs get fired for even less impactful negative issues.
Dear nairalanders, please address the truth and do not let yourself get sucked into the confusion they deliberately set up everytime there is a scandal such as this one.
The arguments and counter-arguments going on here that do not address the main issue of the culpability of the office of the Minister but rather bring to fore ethnic bigotry and personal attacks plays precisely into their hands.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by AdekunleBalogun: 11:28am On Nov 30, 2013
Ngwakwe: They chose to protest having imbibed all the lies from most scandalous S/West based media sites without confirming the realities. Examples includes;

1. The causes of those Air crashes in relationship to administrative defects emanating from NAMA/NCAA/FAAN and what actually the Minister would have done but neglected.

2. Saharareporters accused Oduah of accepting N120M kickback - conspiracy to assassinate her character/ libel

3. The purchase of the Armoured Cars wasn't initiated by Stella Oduah - Fact

4. Those Cars were not a gift for Stella Oduah rather NCAA assets .

5. That NCAA has already paid for all those Cars while it neglected training of Staff etc - this was also a lie.

6. The Scandal was orchestrated, sponsored and directed/redirected by the Aviation Cabals to get even with her for trampling on their respective interests..

Nigerians should always try to decipher lies and propaganda even when there are resemblances of truth which are modified for selfish or sectional interests.

Yah father yash for dis silly comment.

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by unmask: 11:34am On Nov 30, 2013
the warrior72: undecidedShame, the daughters of a Awo has taken their rascality to even foreign land....shame

Anyways, a snake does not give birth to something that is not long.
probably they ply the airports on a regular and a worse case scene is that they lost loved ones in one of the crashes......and they have refused to see it as an act of God....so they decided to do the needful

4 Likes

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Ngwakwe: 11:34am On Nov 30, 2013
I said it, what would have been an intelligent discourse has turned to jamboree of insults, cursing and for-me/against-you bashing.

No mind them, talk your own.

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by 7sperovs(m): 11:37am On Nov 30, 2013
Cubeet: let's forget about her tribe or ethnic group. The fact is that she was linked with corruption.ASUU is on strike while a single person is acquiring two bullet proof cars whether as gift or grant, i dont knw for them. Nigerians are in the street begging and suffering.Her regime as minister of Aviation, is the worse ever. Our airspace is no longer safe. I know she is not the only corrupt leader in office, but she should be use as a scapegoat. Let begin to fight against corruption and forget whether she is frm sw, ss, or se.

If only everyone reasoned like u did Nigeria would be a better place. Though it is no excuse, if she is involved or has been found guilty then she should face the full wrath of the law but she hasn't, a committee was set-up which didn't still find her guilty. The woman in question has achieved more than any other aviation has been able to achieved..
Lets not be so forgetful that few year back it wasn't different. Sosoliso, ADC, Bell-view...Its sad that some group out of selfish and ethnic sentiment forget a plane full of school kids landed and went up in flames on the Port harcourt run-way.. Correct me if am wrong, but the minister of aviation wasn't sacked and didn't resign, neither was there any voice calling for Obasanjo's head. so why now..
Our problems would continue if we continue to toe the ethnic path. When u hear people shouting for Oduah head even when no evidence has been found to prove the media report against her and yet the same people forget to mention, Bankole, lawan farouk we dont hear anymore even with all the evidence that were presented, then u know its an ethnic issue all the way..

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Aderupoko2: 11:41am On Nov 30, 2013
Our Oga has said it,"corruption is not the problem of Nigeria". Better stop complaining and live with this corrupt regime, abeg.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 30, 2013
Akshow: My problem with the south easterner is that when the media is hot against them, it is witch hunting not minding whether they are guilty or not. But when the table is turned around it is ok. I call that hypocrisy. Was Farouk's scandal not overflogged and trashed by the media? Did u see hausa e warlords on forums shouting and whining foul play? When Tafa and Bode where dealt with by the media for the thief they were, did u hear of yoruba's staging campaign and protesting foul play cos they are "our sons"? Ok.....if those examples are too far, didn't Punch newspaper rightly reported the pathetic state of affairs in Lag state public schools last week? This is a paper adjudged to be 'yoruba' paper when it does not favour southeasterners but they are quick to post the link of the very paper they describe as wack just to rubbish lag state govt. What m saying here is ur people need to stop playing the victim and "witch hunting" card. They need to stop their hypocrisy and senseless support of mediocrity cos of tribal and ethnic affiliation. Shallom

Honestly your argument is stu.pid and illogical. How do you know that guy is from southeast (haven't you heard of fallacy), why can't you discuss without bringing stu.pid ethnicity into the issue.

I don't support the woman, but discuss the issue at hand not some stupid farouk lawan, the person you replied argued sensibly counter it with relevant points not some cheap references and bigotry.

You seem very naïve.
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 30, 2013
Ngwakwe: I said it, what would have been an intelligent discourse has turned to jamboree of insults, cursing and for-me/against-you bashing.

this is my opinion....
Buhari will win in 2015 and every corrupt individual will be dealt with. Infact people will run from nigeria i mean corrupt individuals.

Btw don't worry Buhari will help you to build your 2nd niger bridge. Please vote for him. *winks*
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by satowind(m): 11:43am On Nov 30, 2013
Apc @ work
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by nedu2000(m): 11:43am On Nov 30, 2013
Ngwakwe: I said it, what would have been an intelligent discourse has turned to jamboree of insults, cursing and for-me/against-you bashing.

in as much as I disagree with your points on oduah but nigerians seem to 'ave difficulty showing discontent without dishing out insults,instead for simply laying out their points in opposition
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Dee60: 11:46am On Nov 30, 2013
We are now exporting our odious air to foreign lands after saturating the country with our stench of corruption!

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by 500GP: 11:53am On Nov 30, 2013
CORRECT COMBINATION

AWOLOWO N AKPABIO PROTEST..

YORUBA N IGBO PROTEST...

IGBO PEOPLE WILL ALWAYS SUPPORT THEIR BAD LEADERS..

HOW CAN A WOMAN UNDER SCANDAL COULD BE GIVEN AWARD?

YORUBA STANDS FOR JUSTICE...

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by luvbeloved(m): 11:53am On Nov 30, 2013
They should leave this woman alone already naa...na her own we know; people were thief pass her dey and dem no go disturb them o!..they won't go and face their issues. Naija!...are we moving forward or backwards?...smh
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by 500GP: 11:56am On Nov 30, 2013
BE CAREFUL WE ARE OPERATING MILITARY SYSTEM IN NIGERIA...

GOATLUCK EGBERE JONADWARF IS A NAIRALAND MEMBER...
DON'T INSULT, ABUSE HIS PEOPLE, IF YOU DO HE WILL ARREST ANYBODY LIKE HE DID TO FARSHAKIN....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Supreme Court: We’ll Pay ₦60 Million Fine Soon - Olanipekun, Babalola / Ortom To Buhari: Count Benue Out Of Grazing Reserves Plan / Bandits Invade Kaduna Mosque, Kill Imam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.