Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,919 members, 7,814,096 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London (22519 Views)

Militants Disrupt Elections In South Ijaw / Aisha Buhari, Ambode, Tinubu At A Wedding Ceremony In Lagos / Protesters Disrupt Award Of Honour To Aviationminister Stella Oduah In London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 30, 2013
rozayx5: if Stella was from sw.. this issue would have since died down undecided

Oh Shut up, do u have to be backward by bringing ethnic sentiments to everything, she stole, she was exposed shes facing the consequence. Being brought to book shldnt be thwarted by sentiments pls.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Danhumprey: 12:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
Tolexander: i need to unfollow thread asap. My data plan is planned for today!
LMAO.......you bad ooo! grin
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by eluquenson(m): 12:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
grin
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Erotex(m): 12:21pm On Nov 30, 2013
Those who are calling for this woman head, are they holier than her??

There ar air mishap everywhere!!
Be prayerful!!
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by IYANGBALI: 12:33pm On Nov 30, 2013
nerodenero: I have observed over time that most awards in Nigeria are given based on ethnic lines and this is not different despite being given abroad.Another case is an award given recently to Punch newspaper where all the winners were yorubas.If you look behind these organizers,dont be surprised that they are Igbos.This shameful habit needs to stopAside the case of Madam Needful,Why give awards to those who have increased poverty in the land?People who loot with reckless abandon and yet we celebrate them.With such trend,there is no how foreign countries will take us seriously.This and many more are the reasons behind the ill-treatment Nigerians get abroad.With the rate at which corruption is going in the country,if care is not taken,this administration will be given a huge space in the Guinness Book of Records as the most corrupt administration ever in the world.There is still time for Jonathan to nip this in the bud.
most awards given by nigerians to nigerians are cash and carry awards,just like honorary degrees given in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by IYANGBALI: 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
big mo:
Died down just like Tafa Balogun's, Patricia Etteh's, Bode George. U̶̲̥̅̊ Igbos celebrate mediocrity so much.
don't mind dem

2 Likes

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by MAYOWAAK: 12:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
The South-West press phenomenon is like the Kaduna mafia. Like a phantom, it exists and at the same time it doesn’t exist. That the media in Nigeria is fractured and flawed is not in question. But the majority of the South-West media is owned by people from the minority ethnic groups. By the way, Igbo people own enough newspapers in the South-West axis that, if what is going on is an ethnic war to expose corrupt practices of government officials from other ethnic groups, the Igbo have the means to get into the game.

Of course, that is not what is happening. But should that be, Nigeria would be the beneficiary if all corrupt elements are exposed.
The engine driving the Stella Oduah’s story does not come from the South-West press. Saharareporters broke the story. And Saharareporters and Premium Times have kept the heat on. The South-West press is reluctantly following along. Saharareporters and Premium Times are not owned by Yoruba people.

Online, the Igbo own more news websites than any other ethnic group. So nothing stops them from exposing the corrupt practices of other government officials. And you can be sure that once the evidence is out, the South-West press will join in to lynch the suspect.

8 Likes

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by SQURA(f): 12:46pm On Nov 30, 2013
I give one like to this. a great move and commendable one.
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Vivipedia: 12:51pm On Nov 30, 2013
What is she being Awarded for. Is it.... Visit: www.vivipedia.com
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Rottenegg1: 12:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
AdekunleBalogun:

Yah father yash for dis silly comment.
pls be civil.. There's No need to sound uncouth and shit..
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by jumbotron: 12:59pm On Nov 30, 2013
Someone called this lady the best performing Minister?? I tell you, we are a land and people of mediocrity. These serving leaders complete a project that they ought to have completed and we shout, clap, and dance like they are 6 month old babies that are potty trained. We award them whether it is based on tribal sentiments or cash rewards. We are our own problem.
In the SE, we have one functioning Governor, in the SW, we have 1 for sure, in the SS we have 1, 1.5, in the entire North...we can say 1 is working and in the Middle Belt...God will have mercy. Yet, we sit here and throw insults because someone criticized your "towns" person. We can not even proffer solutions intelligently without it amounting to heavy insults. Are we so frustrated that we act like kids instead of adults when it comes to discussions? God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by erico2k2(m): 1:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
mascot87: I wonder how Jonathan sleeps everyday with the high rate of corruption in this country under is watch.Jonacorrupt administration breaks all bad records ever in the 53 years rule of different government both military and democratically elected in Nigeria.What a shame
Seriously? U Only jst woke up to knw the dept of corruption in Nigeria?asj urself this during the rule of OBJ for 8 yrs we had no minister of petrolume,he OBJ controled the account nobody cough.
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Ellashow: 1:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
lygn19:
Do u mind d Ingrates...

Thought Tafa Balogun and Bode George are from SE..
With people like you, Nigeria can not move forward

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Nobody: 1:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
Ngwakwe: They chose to protest having imbibed all the lies from most scandalous S/West based media sites without confirming the realities. Examples includes;

1. The causes of those Air crashes in relationship to administrative defects emanating from NAMA/NCAA/FAAN and what actually the Minister would have done but neglected.

2. Saharareporters accused Oduah of accepting N120M kickback - conspiracy to assassinate her character/ libel

3. The purchase of the Armoured Cars wasn't initiated by Stella Oduah - Fact

4. Those Cars were not a gift for Stella Oduah rather NCAA assets .

5. That NCAA has already paid for all those Cars while it neglected training of Staff etc - this was also a lie.

6. The Scandal was orchestrated, sponsored and directed/redirected by the Aviation Cabals to get even with her for trampling on their respective interests..

Nigerians should always try to decipher lies and propaganda even when there are resemblances of truth which are modified for selfish or sectional interests.

Ngwakwe shut up your mouth and sit down (Village meeting things). I am an Igbo man but you're very corrupt to try to justify the purchase of the 2 armored cars.

50+ SUVs and (2 Armored cars), was the 2 armored cars necessary? Why not 1 if its about security?

Are you that stu.pid? Must you fight to protect your tribe even when the corruption is right before your eyes?

What is wrong with this generation for f$%kery sake?

I feel like meeting you in person kam pigbuo gi onu.

9 Likes

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Ellashow: 1:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
big mo:
Died down just like Tafa Balogun's, Patricia Etteh's, Bode George. U̶̲̥̅̊ Igbos celebrate mediocrity so much.

My brother, that's how we see it o
My SE brothers and their blame game because in their mind, Igbos are always Witch hunt. I pity for their future.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Mekanze: 1:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
The two women are yorubas, so am not surprise.
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by truefact: 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
Akshow: oh shut it pls! Have u no shame at all? Is it the southwest papers that bought d cars for her? Y blame the journalists for exposing madam Stella's theifing tendencies? This ur she is "witch hunted" crap is getting over played abeg. Don't let sentiment becloud ur better reasoning. All ur falsity above can only be believed by ur people. For once in ur life call a spade a spade and not a rake.

Why havent the same Journalist exposed the likes of OBJ and Tinubu, who stole more than all put together.
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Horlardorjah(m): 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
My fellow nigerians, why should u panic if something of this nature! Has anything came out of our good President either than boko-haram, kidnappings and much more.
I read it in the paper some days ago about some Nigeria guys being sentenced to death for armed robbery while a lebanese convicted for link with terrorism was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Question 1: Should Oduah still be in office when we have EFCC/ICPC?
2: what has the two anti-corruption team done to investigate her.
Nigeria will never be great if we don't revolt. We only have chaffs and no seeds.
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Malawian(m): 1:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
haaa, which kin name be TAIWO AKPABIO. grin grin grin grin
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by rosebowl01(m): 2:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
rozayx5: if Stella was from sw.. this issue would have since died down undecided
No, if Stella was from SW, she would have been condemned as usual by her own people and removed from office ASAP, and possibly be in jail.
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by rosebowl01(m): 2:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
truefact:

Why havent the same Journalist exposed the likes of OBJ and Tinubu, who stole more than all put together.
I bet if you give them proof, they will post it, and continue to "flog it" as long as you continue to provide more evidence. To them it's business not sentiment.

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Gregzee: 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2013
You see! if you have been following my comments you will confirm my earlier assertion " To get many Likes, Just Insult GEJ". Just like the first to comment did!
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by temitemi1(m): 2:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
I salute d woman's courage!
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by david290(m): 3:03pm On Nov 30, 2013
Just 2 inform d pro-stellah's on nairaland that 3 americans fainted yesterday of insufficient air which was caused by insufficient facilities like air conditioners.so is dis a feat that deserves an award? Dat air travellers are dieing everyda under her watch through air mishaps and now fainting as a result of insufficient air conditioners in an airport dat a lot has been claimed 2 have been invested into,is dat a feat dat deserves 2 b applauded?
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Liverpoolfc(m): 3:06pm On Nov 30, 2013
SLIDE waxie: These people are learners!

This is Jonathan's era!
Criminals are rolled a red carpet!

Get used to this devilment while it lasts!
ur entire people are daft. Is jonathan ur mate? Ur father can't call him daft in his front, if he gat the balls, let him try it. Asha 200 should be withdrawn from this children that don't hv respect for elders. Moderator, permit me to call this b I t ch I d I o t . Nonsense
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Liverpoolfc(m): 3:07pm On Nov 30, 2013
SLIDE waxie: These people are learners!

This is Jonathan's era!
Criminals are rolled a red carpet!

Get used to this devilment while it lasts!
ur entire people are daft. Is jonathan ur mate? Ur father can't call him daft in his front, if he gat the balls, let him try it. Asha 200 should be withdrawn from these children that don't hv respect for elders. Moderator, permit me to call this b I t ch I d I o t . Nonsense
Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by harmless(m): 3:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
Thank you my brother, this was a much needed reaction.
I get really scared for the country when even the seemingly educated nigerians defend and support corruption like they have been compromised, i had thought our problem was the uneducated who have limited intellect to make objective and informed judgements. It seems our value system in nigeria is unconsciously being modeled to defend and support corruption as long as we have interests. We need a systematic mental rehabilitaion which would best come through a resounding and visionary leadership. Nigerians we can do this, lets vote right and ensure our votes count. Lets be cautious of our mindset TODAY.
rudedough:

Ngwakwe shut up your mouth and sit down (Village meeting things). I am an Igbo man but you're very corrupt to try to justify the purchase of the 2 armored cars.

50+ SUVs and (2 Armored cars), was the 2 armored cars necessary? Why not 1 if its about security?

Are you that stu.pid? Must you fight to protect your tribe even if the corruption is right before your eyes?

3 Likes

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by harmless(m): 3:15pm On Nov 30, 2013
Thank you my brother, this was a much needed reaction.
I get really scared for the country when even the seemingly educated nigerians defend and support corruption like they have been compromised, i had thought our problem was the uneducated who have limited intellect to make objective and informed judgements. It seems our value system in nigeria is unconsciously being modeled to defend and support corruption as long as we have interests. We need a systematic mental rehabilitaion which would best come through a resounding and visionary leadership. Nigerians we can do this, lets vote right and ensure our votes count. Lets be cautious of our mindset TODAY.
rudedough:

Are you that stu.pid? Must you fight to protect your tribe even if the corruption is right before your eyes?

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by plaindealer: 3:35pm On Nov 30, 2013
Hundreds of Nigerians died because of this woman's crooked, incompetent and corrupt ways and she gets awards for it...

Bunch of corrupt, mean spirited and misguided people...

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Ngwakwe: 4:25pm On Nov 30, 2013
Can you make yourself available for a debate just between us without evoking emotions and sentiments, let separate between facts and fictions.

You don't showcase your intellectual toughness by banging the table or raising you voice.

I'm waiting for you to prove beyond every reasonable doubt any allegation of corruption against Stella Oduah in all these scandal. - (how she intended or directly enriched herself)

Remember, I didn't say abuse of administrative privilege or negligence.

rudedough:

Are you that stu.pid? Must you fight to protect your tribe even when the corruption is right before your eyes?

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Ngwakwe: 4:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
This community can now see the kind of information disseminated by Lagos State Government social media representative.

Saboteurs are on the rampage to deceive the gullible in a bid to bring down any outstanding political star from the East while brandishing halve baked Politicians of Western extraction as performers.

Ndi ufu Obi.

plaindealer: Hundreds of Nigerians died because of this woman's crooked, incompetent and corrupt ways and she gets awards for it...

Bunch of corrupt, mean spirited and misguided people...

1 Like

Re: Protesters Disrupt Oduah’s Award Ceremony In London by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2013
Its only in 9ja dat thieves are given awards

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo's Dance Moves At His 79th Birthday [PICS] / FG, Senate Face-off Deepens Divisions Among APC Senators / I Challenge Anybody To Show Me Anywhere Peter Obi Deported Any Northern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.