Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,615 members, 7,813,017 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan (31739 Views)

FG Re-opens Talks With ASUU Over Strike / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala / FG Holds Crucial Talks With ASUU Today -releases N100bn To Suswam-led Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by ajasa4link: 4:17pm On Dec 01, 2013
Did I just hear him saying "our children" ?....pikin know him father now, and father sef know him pikin o...NONSENSE!....
On a more serious note,I think ASUU should shift ground a little na, by the way, since Jonathan knew the strike was political in nature I think he should have nipped it in the bud right from onset.

LAST BULLET: With that.loosed mouth wike guy still occupying the position of education minister, I see the strike not ending soon o

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by SBJoji(m): 4:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
shurrup
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by ibrash600: 4:18pm On Dec 01, 2013
GEJ, sign the agreement, they will call off the strike, why angry on top poo undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by Ayatullah(m): 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
While you burn in your anger do not forget that Academicians are not ZOMBIES that could be ordered around. Its time you realize you are a Civilian President.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by Danhumprey: 4:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

1) Your anger isn't going to solve any problem!
2) No be today dem don dey threaten ASUU! The military did worse! Nyesom wike has no moral grounds since his children are all schooling at Ghana.
3) Like they did in 2009! You expect to be dishing out April fool jokes all round the year! Once beaten, twice shy!
4) Sorry, but it took you 4 months + to realize you had to act: then you expect them to reach a resolution within 24 hours?
4) They don't want verbal promises again! Bring together the stakeholders to sign the agreement! Simple!
5) Yea, one of your governors used their former president as a speed break! You're yet to send your condolence!
6) Courtesy of your sluggishness and slothful approach to the matter.
7) If you like, put the army, police, airforce, customs and navy on campuses, no agreement, no lectures!

Case closed!
Wow! Wow!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You really analysed the whole thing. smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by akandea(m): 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
If GEJ make the agreement official then ASUU will have no justification for prolonging this strike.
So if he is sincere let him do the needful
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by akandea(m): 4:21pm On Dec 01, 2013
If GEJ makes the agreement official then ASUU will have no justification for prolonging this strike.
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by Danhumprey: 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2013
Mr.President, do the needful. Simply sign the agreement! undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by Bobosky123(m): 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

2) No be today dem don dey threaten ASUU! The military did worse! Nyesom wike has no moral grounds since his children are all schooling at Ghana.

3) Like they did in 2009! You expect to be dishing out April fool jokes all round the year! Once beaten, twice shy!

4) Sorry, but it took you 4 months + to realize you had to act: then you expect them to reach a resolution within 24 hours?

4) They don't want verbal promises again! Bring together the stakeholders to sign the agreement! Simple!

5) Yea, one of your governors used their former president as a speed break! You're yet to send your condolence!

7) If you like, put the army, police, airforce, customs and navy on campuses, no agreement, no lectures!

Case closed!
My Guy, you deserve a National Award! Spot on response..Kudos!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by bsquare18(f): 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
B_CELLS: what would you do if you were in his shoes,go on your kneels for your employees before they can subscribe to what you can offer? you are here transferring aggression! hypocrite!
abeg help me ask am ooo....
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by Nobody: 4:24pm On Dec 01, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Case closed!

The worst part is if you were in his shoes you aint gonna do anything. Talk is cheap

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by Vanityupnvanity(m): 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
ASUU unionism is becoming rubbish. make gvt take proper action on them abeg.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by Bobosky123(m): 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
akandea: If GEJ make the agreement official then ASUU will have no justification for prolonging this strike.
He shouldn't 'do the needful' but he should sign the agreement. 'Do the needful' is a trending word for corrupt public holders like our aviation woman..

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2013
Oga, no vex. Just sign the damn thing and let students return to school oo
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by hoochay: 4:31pm On Dec 01, 2013
gboss4sure:

The worst part is if you were in his shoes you aint gonna do anything. Talk is cheap
SHORT UP!!!

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by tbagjames(m): 4:32pm On Dec 01, 2013
In summary...ASUU,''Go and die'l
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by imperiouxx(m): 4:34pm On Dec 01, 2013
@Prof. Mazi_Omenuko,

If you're a lecturer tell your colleagues that you guys and the Nigerian government have successfully destroyed the Nigerian education system.... God will judge you all.

The system now worth nothing but a piece of crap. angry
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by curtain: 4:38pm On Dec 01, 2013
the president should not sign any agreement with ASUU if he cant save them from kidnappers.
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by Drclassic(m): 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
These people are stubborn
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by BossTtdiamonds(m): 4:51pm On Dec 01, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Case closed!

Grammy Award for you bro.... Statin' out the fact hittin' the nail on the head....
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by rill: 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
And yet another ASUU thread that can't bring an end to the strike
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by Manuelcrc(m): 4:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
Sermwell: Mr president is so on point! ASUU didn't conduct itself as a responsible association at all! They were just being non challant about the whole thing! Perharps that's why FG is angry and there seem not to be a headway in the matter!

What FG should do is to call all stakeholders to the table and sign the agreement... The mere fact that ASUU is making all these demands shows that they smell something fishy... FG is not to be trusted to honour agreements.
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by hoochay: 4:55pm On Dec 01, 2013
rill: And yet another ASUU thread that can't bring an end to the strike
so
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by BossTtdiamonds(m): 4:58pm On Dec 01, 2013
hoochay: so
So Knock yourself out...
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by pinpinkay: 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Case closed!
MR MAN ... Are u an ASUU member ?are u a lecturer? coz diz one dat u are fytin for ASUU lyk diz Ehn ..*maybe ASUU sef don get NL acct* Buh in summary .. Fg & ASUU Shud go nd DIE !!!
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by TeNDuLKaaY(m): 5:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
damola311:

Soo make we dey run?
As in ehhh.... I tire for some ppl o....
Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by lipsyliscious: 5:02pm On Dec 01, 2013
Weda ASUU is fighting 4 students or d strike is politically motivated, d fact is dis is no longer a union bargaining tool. They do nt hv d ryt 2 strike 4 dis long, dis is one and half semesters! So if Government refuses, d strike will b eternal? Dey speak as if dey are d only union in Nigeria, while there are many unions, if just ASUU holds government lyk dis den other unions will use dis as an opportunity to hold government to ransome. Jonathan is nt just d president of Education, he's d president of Nigeria and as much as dis is nt a military rule, dere is a limit to everything and a time comes wen government should stamp its foot. They cn always sue. After all their strikes for many yrs, wat hv dey achieved? Rada education has deteriorated bt dey kip coming up with demands each yr. Y don't dey request for d infrastructures n not d money itself. Bullshit!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by patrickmuf(m): 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2013
Mazi_Omenuko:

Case closed!
nice response...Gej, sign the papers and stop talking

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by howfarwhatagwan: 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2013
Presido whether you are angry with ASUU is inconsequential at this point you are the president of Nigeria do all that you can to resolve the issues and ensure ASUU can call off the strike stop trying to sway people's emotions by stating how many hours you met with them it is of no importance as far as students are still sitting at home. We know you didn't sign that agreement with them but you signed up to be the president so deal with it.

Maybe you and your colleagues can show us you are serious about Nigeria when you start by cutting some of your unnecessary/outrageous allowances and divert the funds to education and science and technology

4 Likes

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by texazzpete(m): 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
Who gives a flying frag why GEJ is 'angry'?
At least he gets to sleep safe and sound in his big house with always-on electricity, running water and food from the best cooks in the land, armed with a 1bn budget for food.

Mr President does not care Nigerians are angry with him for the gross insensitivity in increasing the import duties on tokunbo vehicles in a move that seems tailored only to help the likes of Coscharis et al. Does he care?

It should be a thing of shame to publicly admit to only personally intervening in the ASUU strike after 4 months. It should be a thing of shame to assert that the naturally wary ASUU leaders are 'subversives' when you know you were among those that recommended the 2009 agreement that was not implemented. How do you want them to trust you when they were all there in 2009 when your PDP Government failed them?

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by kabba7(m): 5:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
Is this Jonathan man the same person who was brandishing a Cv that claim he has some animal Phd certificate before the 2011 election ? Think I can now understand in full Senate President David Mark's remark not too long ago on this ASUU strike he was on point those lecturers has made a monkey ( and rightly ) of GEJ and his looting gang . My feR is the large number of potential militants,armed robbers,scanners and prostitutes that could graduate
this December to highten the already poor security situation . But Jonathan forget him
OLODO Lomutin e

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Angry With ASUU – Jonathan by crazygod(m): 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2013
I really don't understand the point of contention between FG and ASUU at this point. I'm aware after the meeting they reached an agreement. All ASUU is asking for now is that there should be a gentleman's agreement by FG signing with pen on paper in the presence of witnesses such as CBN. Why is FG slow stepping in signing the agreement? That should be the question @ this point.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Michael Arowosegbe Is LASU Best Graduating Student / CBN Collaborative Postgraduate Programme 2019 Applications / NUC Abolishes Award Of Pass Degree

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.