Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,481 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices - Phones (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices (56223 Views)

Simple Guide For Airtel BlackBerry Plans On Non-bb Devices / Airtel BB Plans On Non BB Phones(updated) / Airtel BIS Now #1,000/month + Solution To Make Your #1,500 BBC Work On Pc/phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by salvo583: 9:08am On Dec 01, 2013
youtube n moviemobile.net ere i cm o
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 01, 2013
I took pains reading through all these pages to know if anybody has come up with any reasonable alternative subscription but none. ..na so we go dey dey?? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Sleekydee(m): 9:18am On Dec 01, 2013
MTN 2500 all d way.....na wetin mi don dey use since self. Thank God I didnt port to airtel, it kinda crossed my mind. Mk una port go mtn send 102 to 131 for their nite plan 4.5gb.....1.5gb for daytime, n ur 3gb activates 9pm till 6am. Fare enuf as long as u dnt dwnload durin d day.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by gmy2k: 9:18am On Dec 01, 2013
Guys r crying over 3gb unused.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by urchhm: 9:20am On Dec 01, 2013
that is there business, i beg let's go over to glo, it's lazing. they will loose and look for us.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by godwinony(m): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2013
shosky1794: I think people with active subscription will still enjoy their data after that date. The only thing is one won't be able to use the data on a new subscription after that date.

What if i subscribe today and I was given 240MB of data. After this, I deactivate the BB plan. My data will sure still be intact. Thereafter I subscribe to a 10MB plan. Are you now telling me that I won't be able to use the rest of my data after exhausting the 10MB? I don't think so.
if you've done programming you'll know it takes leas than 3 minutes to program that command.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by D3BO9: 9:37am On Dec 01, 2013
I got it also yesterday I jus subscribed on friday and na 1600 I have a feeling that it not TRUE jus like that no two or a month notice jus like that

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by godwinony(m): 9:43am On Dec 01, 2013
Sleekydee: MTN 2500 all d way.....na wetin mi don dey use since self. Thank God I didnt port to airtel, it kinda crossed my mind. Mk una port go mtn send 102 to 131 for their nite plan 4.5gb.....1.5gb for daytime, n ur 3gb activates 9pm till 6am. Fare enuf as long as u dnt dwnload durin d day.
that's wrong bro..the 1.5gig must first be exhausted before the 3gig starts counting.. I'm using the plan and on my 3gig now..it works during the day.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by D3BO9: 9:44am On Dec 01, 2013
hope you feel my pain how I wan finish all of this with their network fumbling and nepa thinz

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by adewasco2k(m): 9:45am On Dec 01, 2013
godwinony:
that's wrong bro..the 1.5gig must first be exhausted before the 3gig starts counting.. I'm using the plan and on my 3gig now..it works during the day.

You mean even the 3GB works in the day? i am still on my 1.5GB though
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Paschal007: 9:53am On Dec 01, 2013
those that subscribed to mtn night plan should let us know if it works during the day after exhausting the bonus data.

happy new month people!! grin
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by youngice(m): 9:54am On Dec 01, 2013
Guys after some brain storming I came to a conclusion.
The only reason airtel could have found out that None BB devices were subscribing to the Bb package was because they where using the Bb package.

Wait let me explain most of you just subscribed and started browsing. Here lies the main problem. You phone is registered as an Android phone using the Bb package.

But if as you subscribed you had deactivated the subscription. You would have been left with the data and your phone will just have been registered as one having 'unusable' data. Then to now activate the data you have you should now subscribe to ANY Android plan. Thus you will be registered as an Android user with some 'spare' data.

But it can still be rectified just send

”deactivate” to 440. After that you received a confirmation
message that you have been successfully deactivated.
then subscribe for airtel's daily 10mb by sending
*141*712*11# which will cost you #100. So people try this and reply me.

By the way I didn't get any message from airtel

2 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Graviton(m): 9:55am On Dec 01, 2013
adewasco2k:

*102# gives you how many GB exactly?
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Tholuwaniey(m): 9:56am On Dec 01, 2013
all hands are on deck now. .its about time i resume hacking airtel. . .they knw they are the weakest! We shall see by 3rd of dec!!!
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Judek2(m): 9:56am On Dec 01, 2013
Beginning of the fall for Airtel..

They will lose 1/3 of their customers..
The only reason i have an airtel line is for browsing, and i bet many people too.

1 Like

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by najoke: 9:58am On Dec 01, 2013
The question is why did Airtel start this I.e using BB subscription on andriod to browse,logically it does not make sense in the first place,now they have realised that they are losing than gaining they now want to stop it.
Rubbish network!!!

Anyways, u guys have less than 48 hous to enjoy ur GREEK GIFT
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 01, 2013
godwinony:
if you've done programming you'll know it takes leas than 3 minutes to program that command.

Exactly! What dey do is cr8 two accts, one for bb d oda 4 oda devices, so even wth d mb on d sim if its nt bb it wont wrk 4 ur device.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by bhaliz44(m): 10:01am On Dec 01, 2013
I received the message in 1970 grin grin

1 Like

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by olumidaie(m): 10:08am On Dec 01, 2013
zeelo2014: U can't carry swift about na. I'm going back to etisalat 1k for 3gb. My android & lappy will be only when I Connect to a wifi at home or work. Its time to boycott this airtel at least eti is faster

na only God wey go punish this yeye airtel: me wey just suscribe yesterday.

abeg shey that ETISALAT packaged dey work for android sadsadsad
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by koman: 10:08am On Dec 01, 2013

Bro I need to know if the 3gig works during d day.

ABEG CONFAM
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by ewizard1: 10:20am On Dec 01, 2013
Etisalat on Your~Freedom on to d next one
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by DonCmos: 10:26am On Dec 01, 2013
nani.666:
oh boy...Airtel wan set men up sha....well...no wahala....my mtn sim dey...den no wise....dem no know sey na this BB plan dey make their Airtel sim sell...their market go drop...as for me...when e happen I go just dey subscribe for the mtn 2k5 plan...I cant shout...I've been looking for an excuse to throway my Airtel sim since

It's a shame airtel wants to kill their own business by themselves.
They seem to be overwhelmed by their customer base, thinking its their services that gives them such number, not knowing its the offers.
Glo is bringing out more MB for less and MTN too.

I will advice them to behave like our leaders to come out and do the denying game by saying it's not so and users should ignore.
Haba!! 5k for 3GB with such poor connections. Cheap/poor things can be managed but not expensive and poor NO!!!!!!
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by AbuMikey(m): 10:29am On Dec 01, 2013
bengunsman: Our service providers are wicked in Sudan u get 2 pay.#1500 for 5Gig

Why won't it be cheap in Sudan gringrin

How many internet subscribers do you think they have over there? cheesy

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by cutierashy(f): 10:30am On Dec 01, 2013
Mtn can't do this,nt dat dey consider dier subscribers but cos dey like money wella pass other network
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Sleekydee(m): 10:33am On Dec 01, 2013
godwinony:

Bro I dnt tink so....check ur balance send 2 to 131....ur 1.5gb activates durin d day n deactivates at 9pm, n dats wen ur 3gb stats.....at d moment my 1.5gb is remainin 900mb while my 3gb is remainig 2.89gb......and for all seekin to kno more abt mtn nite plan, here is how it wrks once agn......load 2500k, send 102 to 131.......u get 4.5gb. 1.5gb cn b used durin d day; till 9pm. Then ur 3gb activates till 6am. So as long as u dnt exhaust ur 1.5gb, its safe to say u av a 24hrs plan NB: do not dwnload durin daytime, DO B TEMPTED. I hope evry1 undastands now, if u dnt, go n ask ifa

2 Likes

Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Mubby4luv(m): 10:37am On Dec 01, 2013
After receiving the mssge yesterday I deactivate ma 3gb sharply and did a fresh 4gb making 7gb I ve been downloadin snc den. Now its almost finish am up for another round. Shebi na 3rd them talk .dey even gimme plenty tym self. Rip
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Graviton(m): 10:37am On Dec 01, 2013
Is someone going to answer my question?

What much GB does the NGN 2,500 night plan give you?

...and does it work by day?
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Nobody: 10:40am On Dec 01, 2013
Sleekydee: MTN 2500 all d way.....na wetin mi don dey use since self. Thank God I didnt port to airtel, it kinda crossed my mind. Mk una port go mtn send 102 to 131 for their nite plan 4.5gb.....1.5gb for daytime, n ur 3gb activates 9pm till 6am. Fare enuf as long as u dnt dwnload durin d day.

godwinony:

adewasco2k:

Someone should please tell me more about this Mtn N2,500 for 4.5GB data plan. Is it really divided into 1.5Gig daytime and 3gig at night? Or does it work 24hours?
Its like MTN may be the way forward with Airtel behaving like this.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Chartey(m): 10:40am On Dec 01, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Maybe they have stable light and there are fewer fibre cuts in Sudan.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by Graviton(m): 10:42am On Dec 01, 2013
Mubby4luv: After receiving the mssge yesterday I deactivate ma 3gb sharply and did a fresh 4gb making 7gb I ve been downloadin snc den. Now its almost finish am up for another round. Shebi na 3rd them talk .dey even gimme plenty tym self. Rip
bad guy, do you mean the NGN 1,500 for 4GB?

To those who still haven't gotten the message like yours truly; I'm thinking new subscribers to the Airtel network won't be hampered. I got my sim just a few weeks ago and I'm quite sure those who bought the sim around the same timeline didn't get any text
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by 1stUnique(m): 10:44am On Dec 01, 2013
Abu Mikey:

if u mean its cheap because they re not many network provider there.. Then thats awesome because browsin should be high cos of d monopoly. Bt its nt so. Isnt dat a nice one.
Re: Airtel BIS To Stop Working On Non BB Devices by jamy01: 10:46am On Dec 01, 2013
why now? please does anyone else know about an affordable plan I could use on my android?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (23) (Reply)

Is This The New Style Of Begging Via Whatsapp? / Download Latest 2go Version 5.0 / Airtel's Unlimited Access To Whatsapp For N100/Month

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.